Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited February 2022

Praaven story update! If you want to read the beginning you can find a link to my medieval story in my signature :)

51888880338_a177bb021b_k.jpg

Theodred Blackheart spent most of his time in the cellar of Ebeneke Hall where he had set up his alchemy station.
    51888880403_601527d5ef_k.jpg
    51888793386_079acba4e4_k.jpg
    The sorcerer was now the lord of Ebeneke Hall. But that was only the beginning. There were still the rest of Praaven to conquer, the Royal keep the price jewel in its crown.
    51887973647_7fe348be44_h.jpg
    Young Tyrius had been keept in the dungeon for a long time until he finally succumbed to starvation when Blackheart no longer found amusement in tormenting him.
    51888935996_f7569a5d6d_k.jpg
    51889034618_ec9569f15f_k.jpg
    Murderer...
    51885995017_58ad347193_k.jpg

The elf prince and Greyson Godling arrived at Ebeneke keep surrounded by a newly formed winter landscape. Snow had never fallen over Praaven before for as long a Greyson could remember.
    51889126049_b74904522d_k.jpg
    51888880383_50b1263d4f_k.jpg

This is the work of the socerer, she told the Prince. He brought winter to Praaven. She was worried. If he had somehow caused the snow storm it would not be as easy as to simply kill him and be done with it.
    51889448425_9e48684f96_k.jpg
    He would be bound to the land by the magic he used. She explained to the Prince. That sort of magic is old and very complicated. Wielding it is dangerous and there is no telling what the consequences could be if we kill the sorcerer.
    51887830672_6c7b829691_h.jpg
    The Prince stood silent for a while. Pondering her words. Then we need to capture him and see to it that he can not cause anymore trouble. Greyson nodded grimly. Aye, that we do.
    51889448380_bd9c69f896_h.jpg
    Determined they walked trough the snow and entered Ebeneke Hall.
    51889126039_b1f9a05743_k.jpg

They found him in the cellar, hunched over an alchemy table.
    51887830622_8abb62f8a8_k.jpg
    51888880283_ecfd2c14c3_k.jpg

They made their presence known, offering the sorcerer the chance to surrender.
    51889448365_54621ba124_h.jpg

The sorcerer scoffed. Run, he told them, and maybe you will make it out of here still alive.
    51889448355_7b1389a8dd_k.jpg

Surrender. The Prince said. Or face the consequences!
    51888793246_61507e376a_h.jpg

It will be my pleasure to put an end to you.
    51888793236_8649781177_k.jpg

The sorcerer turned around and faced them, a black dragon perched on his shoulder.
    51888793226_d6cef5d375_k.jpg

He looked curiously at the Prince, his yellow gaze quizzical. Who are you, elf? He asked. The black dragon on his shoulder croaked. It looked at the Prince with beady black eyes.
    51887830547_6ed8825920_k.jpg
    Mordicai tells me you are no ordinary elf. The dragon croaked again, as if agreeing. The sorcerers yellow eyes narrowed. He says you are pure-blooded... he hesitated. But that is not possible. There are no pure-blooded elves anymore...
    51889125984_1891fd2592_h.jpg
    You are all polluted with human blood, the sorcerer continued, his eyes turning to Greyson. A condescending smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth.
    51887830552_2d32d8231a_k.jpg
    Lift the spell, Greyson commanded. Lift the spell of winter.
    51888880193_63ee92a9f2_k.jpg
    So you can kill me? Blackheart chuckled. I think not. Winter is here to stay. Let me pass and I will leave.
    51888793191_91501581ba_k.jpg
    I think not. Not until you have ended winter.
    51887830512_ebb25c49a0_k.jpg

When you have, I will kill you swiftly and show you mercy. The prince added, his voice void of all feelings. A tone of someone used to command and to be obeyed. End the spell, Greyson added. Or you will be forever trapped here, bound to this place with no hope of escaping - powerless.
    51889125909_14b265dd02_k.jpg

Blackheart laughed. He ignored the warning croaks from his dragon. You are no match for me. He scoffed.
    51889448280_687369a641_h.jpg
    Suddenly he sent a painful bolt of energy at the Prince and proceeded to attack Greyson with a powerful spell.
    51887830472_02ac56b815_k.jpg

Strange, ancient mumbled words passed over his lips as he wove the intricate spell. Greyson was powerless against it. She could feel the spell seeping into her body.
    51888880148_a32cf7d4b8_k.jpg
    Then she was hurled backwards by sheer force as Blackheart let the spell loose.
    51889125884_5db38c193f_h.jpg
    The next moment the Prince stood between her and the sorcerer, his hand lifted casting a spell of his own.
    51889125859_ef92af688d_h.jpg
    51889448235_6601fee2bb_k.jpg
    The spell hit Blackheart with such force he could not even make a sound. It tore through him with a loud crack.
    51887830397_06ab8960e8_k.jpg
    What are you!? He managed through heaving lungs, the spell slowly incapacitating his entire being. The Prince did not answer.
    51889448215_0a582ed452_k.jpg
    Greyson saw that Blackheart was weakened enough for her spells to overtake him.
    51888793031_9de08b4b40_k.jpg

They locked him in the dungeon in one of the cells and Greyson started a binding spell. As long as he commanded winter they could not kill him, but they could bind him in the cell.
    51888880103_4b408e5a80_k.jpg

Blackheart laughed at her efforts. It is of no use! He told her. I have cursed you and once you die your spell will break. I will be free!
    51888880058_17bc0312c9_k.jpg
    You will not. She said, putting even more effort into binding him. Anger rushed through the Prince. He spoke a word and Blackheart groaned with pain.
    51888792981_a5e323a228_k.jpg
    The sorcerer turned his yellow eyes to the Prince. You are an ancient one. He said flatly. The Prince did not respond. Greyson had told him of the diminishing powers of the elves. They had bred with humans to prevent extinction, and because of that they had lost some of their magic. He was of the old bloodlines, an ancient bloodline from when elves were still pure and the magic was still potent. While trapped in the form of a Unicorn the world had passed him by.
    51889125779_971ac7d569_k.jpg

Once the binding spell was finished they left Blackheart there.
    51887830317_d4cb8c0441_k.jpg
    As they left the dungeon his taunting words haunted them. Greyson had been cursed and when she died the spell would break.
    51888879993_c26b9d1b41_k.jpg
    51887830312_2791e8ebd7_h.jpg

I will go to the healers in my homeland, she told the Prince. I will come back when the curse have been lifted.
    51889125689_663a177a7b_h.jpg
    51888879983_f0a8ed6edc_k.jpg

You must keep an eye on this place until I am back, she told the Prince. He promised her he would.
    51888792926_98c65292de_k.jpg
    Until she came back to him...
    51888879948_5fec0e527d_k.jpg
    51889125644_9c5baa8c9e_h.jpg

To be continued...
    Post edited by ZhakiraP on
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Fallen behind on comments again...

I dunno why "What I've Done" by Linkin Park is in my head this morning... not sure what it means... :p
    No seriously, I think mostly it's because yesterday I was watching covers of songs this YouTube guy does - he's a great singer - but he completely BUTCHERED this one!!! :confounded: It was terrible! And in a different key too ("What the? Why??"), which made it sound all the more terrible.
    I'm sorry, but I think it's very hard to cover Linkin Park songs and they shouldn't ever be covered at all. But that's just me... I actually prefer the original song 90% of the time, but there are some covers that are better. :p Anyhoo!

@GraceyManor Looking forward to your new story. :)
    That didn't take long did it? :lol: (I'm SO glad you got your characters back by the way. :star: I've never lost sims deleting those cache files either so who knows what happened there. 🤷‍♀️ )
    GREAT start to the story! :grin: I like it so far. And I like the poses you used as well. :)

@Nikkei_Simmer (From a convo from another thread) I'd been one of those back in Utah who would wear a shirt and shorts in 20 or 30 degree weather to the store and people would look at me crazy too. :p I've always been hot natured. It's why I love the cold. :blush: (That and it kills bugs...)
    Cute that you're bringing your wife's SS back into your gameplay. :blush:

@Silverofdreams30 Your new male sim (Eddie Carlisle) looks great! :star:

@bekkasan "Good eye" <--- Hee hee, thanks. :blush: I think I noticed because cc free Shane tends to throw me for a loop. :lol:
    So are you going to set up burglar alarms outside your sims' homes now? :grin:;) I guess it makes sense not to have poor sims have one. I just HATE those dang burglars! :confounded: It's an anxiety thing because it's one of my worst fears...so I (try to) make sure it never happens to my sims. I think someone finally created a mod that mods them out for good and I've seriously thought about adding it to my game.
    I love the different builds you've been showing off from the Disney world. :blush: Shane :love: and Gina are having the time of their lives! :mrgreen:

@ZhakiraP
    emorrill interesting, a pregnancy! I thought Penny and the doctor would be first.
    ^I love that you thought they would be first. <3<3
    But no, they haven't even made love yet. They're saving it for marriage. :blush: (They're the more traditional type out of the group.)
    Those wooden swords are awesome! :star: I may have to hit you up for any more medieval cc I don't already have when I visit that save again...

@Brandontaylor Glad to hear you're feeling better and returning to work. * (Unless you aren't happy to be returning to work. :lol: )
    Interesting Superman comics you're reading there. :p
    I usually ignore the deals, which I shouldn't. However, there is only so much I want from there, mostly just the last 4 worlds I don't have.
    ^I understand my friend. I tend to ignore deals in life when I shouldn't either... And actually the world's never land on the Daily Deal so...I guess it's just saving up for them. :(
    Lol, it seems like Arkansas weather is just as crazy as Illinois weather. :lol:
    I think I have an idea why Leah is nervous. Called it. She's a bit further along than I expected.
    ^Hee hee, I was hoping to surprise everyone with that. :mrgreen: I really wanted the pregnancy to be a major surprise to the reader as much as it was to Harvey, but I revealed a little too much in that bedroom scene with her and Elliott. Whoops. Oh well...
    I'd be afraid of that too, although I have a feeling that the Wizard will take everyone back and there won't be any issue.
    ^Most likely. :)
    It'll be sad to see the end of this story, but at least I know it's still got some more updates until it's over.
    ^Aww, thanks. <3 It saddens me too, but you're right, there's still a lot that's supposed to happen before it ends so I'm trying to keep my emotions in check until the very very end. ;)
    Oh wow! I didn't realize the Titanic model is that expensive. :grimace: (But hey, you get what you pay for. :star: ) It's silly the decks are as pricey as they are, but I guess there's reasons for that.
    So...what's your honest opinion of the 1997 Titanic Movie? I would love to hear it? :)
    Thanks for the reply comments. I enjoyed reading them as always. <3
    I think Moonlight Falls will be a great (and fitting) world for your family. :)
    Ivy and Holly are such cute little tots. <3
    Oh my goodness I love this picture. <3<3 It's adorable romantic!
    hJ34iRV.jpg
    Congrats to Lily and Brandon's engagement. :) And...
    Lily needed watered, so what better way than to have her fiancé join her?
    ^NICE!!! :joy::smirk:
    Ivy and Holly have grown up well. :)
    That new Elvis movie looks like it's going to be really good. :star: Tom Hanks is incredible! I think they could've found a guy who looks a little more like Elvis, but...it's all good. I can see why you were excited to share the Trailer with us. :blush: You're like, the biggest Elvis fan I've ever known and I think it's great! :blush:

@Turjan
    In Bridgeport, it's the name of Jun Xu, the female vampire in that pic, though.
    ^Oh...didn't realize it was a female name in this case... :open_mouth: LOL! Whoops! :joy:
    Yeeeeah I think some eye surgery should be in Odine's future... :grimace:
    I see about Ethan. ;)
    I see it as some kind of "redemption story", one of individual and collective growth, so we don't need no effing tragedy here :smiley: .
    ^Darn skippy! :smiley::blush:<3
    She's a kleptomaniac btw., which also means she never gets invited :tongue: .
    ^LOLOLOL! :joy: Why do I not think of those things?
    Well hello Bronson Littler... :smirk: (I dunno if you remember the makeover I gave him. If not, it's cool. :) ) I always seem to notice him now when people are playing in Bridgeport.
    Ethan was chatting with Morrigan, who was actually bearing another child from her husband Wogan. Given how volatile their marriage is, that came unexpected.
    ^Right!? Now it makes me wonder if the baby is actually Wogan's...? :smirk:
    Don't want your good simmies getting too close to that Tiberium... ;):p
    Wow, that was some party! :open_mouth::joy:
    "First romance". I was sitting there, laughing for ages.
    ^I'll bet you were! :lol:
    Oh my gosh to all the elevator woohoo! :lol: Ethan is a chick magnet. :smirk: (But let's face it, he sure is easy on the eyes. :love::p )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited February 2022
    @ZhakiraP I posted shortly after you posted your new story. :p

That. Was. AMAZING!!! :open_mouth::star::smiley:

Holy cow! I've been su'ck'ed right into this story and now I'm dying for more! Intriguing storyline, Beautiful pictures, perfect poses, crazy suspense! Blackheart and the Prince are both hot! :love:
    :lol:
    I pray for Greyson's safe return. :star:

Yep, I think I need to find out where you've found the Prince's white armor (Is it a TS4 to TS3 conversion?) and the armor on the horse in this picture:
    51888880383_50b1263d4f_k.jpg

:mrgreen: Thanks!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited February 2022
    @emorrill Thanks! I worked really hard on the first update.
    The book was soooo good.Of course for copyright issues, I changed
    some of it a bit and took out certain parts.XD Yeah I'm not sure what happened.
    I cleared the script cache, and those other caches and Brianna's household vanished LOL.

I use the same horse armor that they are: http://sugarslegacystables.weebly.com/sls-medieval-sets
    http://sugarslegacystables.weebly.com/old-sls-tack.html
    Horse blanket: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bzaza3uj0vdm6qz/%5BNerwen%5D_Couverture_cheval.package/file

@everyone I got the best fiancé in the world, the gift for valentines day....omg <3<3 Just had to share it with everyone.
    274356131-975220296735556-2623436145040350732-n.jpg
    Post edited by GraceyManor on
    @ZhakiraP
    Your story makes me want to dive right into Praaven again.
    I'm getting ready to read a book about a time travel back to the 1600s.
    I love medieval stories! great job!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited February 2022
    @emorrill

Thank you

@ZhakiraP

He ( the evil man hehe) got what he deserved in that update,
    the prince is very handsome.
    Great job.

@bekkasan

Thank you, you are a great
    builder.

@Turjan

Ethan seemed to have fun, I enjoyed
    reading.
    @Turjan I don´t have random genetics mod, I use EA but Nraas does change it up a little bit.
    I have a feeling Riverview will never be the same again :s
    Ethan experienced his first romance?! What!!? I am thinking you have severe lag, the bloke is all about romance! :p

@Brandontaylor Thank you. Your plantsims are looking awesome! Love the new toddlers, Ivy and Holly. Ivy looks really cool with the red hair! I´m excited you will move to Moonlight Falls next, one of my favorite worlds! <3

@Silverofdreams30 thank you. The ghost was killed earlier during a battle, but Blackheart has killed others :)

@bekkasan Thank you, Supernatural Island looks as if it will turn out great! Lover the builds you are adding. <3

@emorrill Thank you <3 I am planning on writing this as a regular book (no pictures :p ), if I can manage it around my schedule.
    The armor is from modthesims, think its by The Merrey Makers. They have a lot of great cc for the medieval period.
    The horse tack is here: http://sugarslegacystables.weebly.com/sls-arabian-horse-tack

@GraceyManor Thank you. Sounds like an interesting book. I love medieval stories too :)

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Glad to hear your freeplay is going great.

@Sprottenham You're welcome.
    Yeah, it definitely can be a fun trait.
    They love playing with that table.
    And with a proposal, a wedding isn't far behind. The next generation will be here before we know it.
    Hmm, I don't know. :lol:
    Yeah, they age up fast on a normal lifespan. I'm probably adding a few days when I move to Moonlight Falls.
    I really was surprised how much the makeover made Elizabeth better. I only touched slider a bit but it made her look so much better. I ended up saving her to my SimBin.

@ZhakiraP Sounds like Ebeneke has some big plans.
    Poor Tyrius.
    Hmm, wonder why they are getting snow now?
    Yikes, sounds like killing him isn't a good idea.
    I'm a bit afraid the sorcerer will off them.
    It sounds like he's gonna refuse to call off winter.
    Good, glad the prince got him back for what he did to Greyson.
    Maybe he'll get rid of winter eventually since he's stuck in one place.
    I hope they find a counter spell to lift the curse.
    Great update!
    You're welcome.
    Thanks for the comments.

@emorrill Thanks! Yeah, I usually don't mind going to work but wasn't feeling 100%. I was happy to see some of my coworkers though, hadn't talked to them in a while.
    The early 90's was a good time for comic books. The only thing that bothers me is some of the art isn't so great compared to today but that's about it.
    Pretty much. I usually just save when I can and buy them when I get enough.
    Might be, lol. Of course, Arkansas really isn't that far from Illinois, relatively speaking.
    Oh well, you did surprise me a bit.
    You're welcome. When it does end, at least it'll have an ending. I've read some stories where they were just abandoned for one reason or another and we never get any closure.
    Yeah, it's one of the best models out there for Titanic. There are several upgrade kits you can buy to really make it accurate, but if get it, I'm only adding wooden decks. I think the model itself has over 1000 individual parts, and it is like 4 feet long when finished.
    My honest opinion is that it is a great movie, although it does have a few issues. A lot of people say they wish they'd left out the Jack and Rose story and just did a retelling of the actual events. I don't mind the love story, but it's not realistic. Also, Jack getting right up front to say he's king of the world would not have happened. Crew would have told him to get out of there as passengers weren't allowed there. Also, Rose's behavior was completely unacceptable during the 1910's. I get she didn't love Cal, but that's not how a lady was expected to act then. Another issue I had is that Cameron decided to have the ship go straight down, instead of a tilt. New research shows the stern probably was only tilted like 28 degrees when it disappeared under the water. Lastly, it didn't really benefit from having Kate Winslet be topless.
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, I kind of agree. It'll be nice to have a new world to play in. I just felt like I needed to play in Sunset Valley longer than what I originally planned but am now at a point where I'm okay leaving it.
    Thank you!
    Yeah, I kind of wish they'd had someone who looked more like him too, but I guess it is what it is. From what I've read, it sounds like Austin Butler does his own singing for 50's Elvis, but they are using the actual Elvis for the 60's and 70's. I noticed towards the end that it looks like they'll touch on his death some. He says something like "I gotta make the most of this thing while I can," or something like that. It showed a bit of when Elvis once collapsed on stage, and also how he got bloated towards the end. One thing I like is it's going to touch on how all the different music he liked shaped him into who he became. He was a huge comic book fan, but his favorite was Captain Marvel (now known as Shazam since Marvel Comics has a Captain Marvel too.) It also looks like the costume department got the jumpsuits and other outfits down perfectly.
    Lol, if you think I'm a huge Elvis fan, you should meet my grandma. :lol: She is a huge fan.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

Life in Aurora Skies - Pt. 13

Donny joking to Lisa: You're still not standing the proper way and holding the bowling ball the right way Lisa... :p
    Lisa joking back to Donny: Oh hush Donny, I know what I'm doing. Don't forget that I used to bowl years ago... ;)
    Donny: Of course I haven't forgotten about that. You do remember that I used to go to all of your bowling games to watch you and to cheer you on.
    Lisa: Of course I remember that, I used to wink at you before rolling my ball down the lane while you cheered me on... :kissing:
    30DwvVyl.jpg

Lisa: Oh great, the phone rings. Who the heck would be calling me here?
    Ruby: Would you please answer your phone as I am trying to concentrate on my bowling? Geezy Leezy!!! I just hope that if you're in any of my classes that you don't leave your phone turned up or doing anything too stupid to embarrass yourself and make everyone laugh at you.
    Shasha to Ruby: Didn't I just get finish telling you to leave Lisa alone?
    Ruby grumbling to Shasha: Yes Mother.
    Shasha to Lisa: I'm sorry about my sister's rude behavior. We weren't brought up like that so I don't know what has gotten into her to behavior in such a way.
    Lisa to Shasha: No problem Shasha. Besides, I'm not listening to her anyhow. Plus I don't think that we would have any classes together since is seems like she might be a a semester or 2 ahead of me anyhow.
    Shasha: Thank you Lisa.
    V3Glv3Zl.jpg

Lisa: You're welcome. Now if you excuse me, I need to answer my phone. Hello!
    Spam Caller: We've been trying to get ahold of you about your car's expired warranty...
    Lisa to spam caller: You can take your freaking expired warranty scam and shove it where the sun doesn't shine at.
    Spam Caller: But this isn't a scam as we really do need your info about your car so that we can....
    Lisa to Spam Caller: BLAH BLAH BLAH. GOODBYE!!!!
    Sa7jJBll.jpg

Ruby to Lisa: Wow, so very ladylike for you to act like that.
    Lisa to Ruby: You have room to talk about being "so very ladylike" when you're trying to be a bully and pick on others. Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
    Q2UxmNhl.jpg

Ruby: WOOT!!! Did you see that Lisa? I got a strike when you couldn't even knock any pins down as you had a gutter ball. You keep doing what you're doing and your career will be in the gutter before you can even start it.
    Lisa to Donny: After you're done with your go, let's go somewhere else if you don't mind.
    Donny to Lisa: Of course I don't mind. I'll go anywhere where you're going sweetie.
    Ruby to Donny: Oh gag me with a spoon. Well I'm glad you're not interested in me as I can't stand a man who can't stand up for himself.
    Donny to Ruby: Oh will you just shut up already as I'm getting tired of your insults to my fiancée and I.
    a0B7l9Ml.jpg

Ruby to Donny: HMPH!!!! Who the heck do you think you're talking to like that?
    Donny to Ruby: I'm talking to you as you are a self-centered person who thinks that everyone should bow down to you.
    Ruby: Well I never....
    Shasha yelling at Ruby: SHUT UP SISTER!!!
    Ruby giving Ruby the evil eye: Just go away Shasha. I don't need you telling me what to do as you're not mother or Grandmother.
    Shasha: No I am not. But Grandmother is still here in the building with us and I can easily just go and tell her that you're being mean and rude towards other people. And you know if she knows that that she would be quite disappointed in you as we weren't brought up like that. Right?
    Ruby grumbling at Shasha: You're such a joy kill sister.
    VcpEUfBl.jpg

Donny: Thank the maker that we got away from that nasty Ruby. She just wouldn't shut up and mind her own business after telling her that I'm not interested in her.
    Lisa: Yeah right! I just really hope that I don't have any classes with her as I wouldn't be able to stand being near her and her rude ways.
    Donny: I wouldn't let it bother you as she's a nobody anyhow. And like you said earlier, she probably wouldn't be in any of your classes anyhow. Oh no, one of my cowboys is getting abducted.
    Lisa: I'm not going to let her bother me. I've dealt with people like her who thinks that they're special and act all high and mighty when they're not all that anyhow. OH SHOOT! I was just killed by a zombie.
    Donny: Should head on home after we're done playing these games so that we can get ready for our first classes in the morning.
    Lisa: That sounds good. I want to start to reading the book that they left for us for our classes.
    Donny: Yeah same here.
    Lisa looking at Donny: Oh, so now you're reading... :p
    Donny: Very funny Lisa... ;)
    YWkmP1Xl.jpg

Donny: So what is your book that you're reading?
    Lisa: It's called Exploring the Microscopic World. What's yours?
    Donny: Forensic Models: Learning From Simulations.
    0SSdBU0l.jpg

Donny: Well I'm going to bed now. You coming?
    Lisa: Not yet. I'm hungry, so I'm going to fix me some mac & cheese for dinner.
    Donny: Okay. Oh I see that they brought us a microwave oven to use as well as another cabinet for it to sit on.
    Lisa: Oh good. Now I can just pop this in the microwave instead of cooking it on the stove.
    Donny: That sounds like a good idea. Well don't stay up too later or you're be too tired for your first class. Love you <3.
    Lisa: I won't be too long. Love you too <3.
    4Ycna6cl.jpg
    elAi8gZl.jpg
    lsXKZOsl.jpg

Lisa: Not too bad cooking this in the microwave considering that it looks cheap to me.
    blRZdiel.jpg

Lisa: The sink's not too bad either even though it looks old.
    Xloo0mpl.jpg

Lisa: Let's just hope the shower is a good one and not like the one in our old apartment in Bridgeport.
    5umxMqil.jpg

Lisa: OMG!!! Doesn't this place have any hot water? That was too cold. I didn't think that I had used that much hot water to wash my dirty dishes with.
    QaU0GONl.jpg

Lisa: I hope the bed is comfortable but I doubt it given how old it looks. Donny seems to be comfortable and sound asleep already.
    2EZty4hl.jpg
    5PuEQfYl.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    I went CC shopping today. I'm trying to make a home from a warehouse for a trashy sim, and my goal was to find a few grunge items to make the warehouse still feel like a warehouse while also making it livable.
    And of course, 1 hour turns into 3 hours and I've definitely found more than a 'few' things. Regardless, I'll make use of all the clutter, lol.
    And all I did was place everything that I found, haven't actually set it up yet. :D
    hMpok0q.png

I don't usually like objects that use language other than Simlish, but I reallllyyyy liked these.
    uEqprQv.png

xGnoa3h.png
    0lViroJ.png
    ljOwUFu.png

And this oven, which looks like a fireplace is pretty neat.
    S6OKS3w.png
    Screenshot.jpg
    Jacob woke up the next morning to find breakfast sitting on the table.
    It must have been Brianna. His head was throbbing, he assumed his concussion
    wasn't going to get any better, anytime soon. He sat down to enjoy a quiet meal
    by himself while he tried to contemplate yesterday's events.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Brianna was busy attending to the horses when Jacob decided
    to take a break from his loft.
    Brianna; Oh...Sleepy head is finally awake.
    Jacob: Giving the circumstances, I don't think that is the nicest
    term to use.
    Brianna: You're right, probably not.I'm sorry.
    You ever ride a horse before?
    Jacob: No, and I don't intend to. I don't have time for
    such activities.
    Brianna: You're such a workaholic.
    Jacob: I am not...

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Jacob studied Brianna, watching her gently stroke the horse's coat.
    She was so gentle with the animals, and they loved her. Jacob let a small
    smile form, but quickly changed when Brianna turned.
    Brianna: Are you sure you don't want to try a ride?
    Jacob: Even if I did, I don't know how to ride.
    Brianna: That's alright, I can show you.Go get changed.

Screenshot-5.jpg
    Jacob managed to mount the horse without any issues.Though
    he did question if riding a horse was the safest thing to do with
    a concussion.

Screenshot-10.jpg
    Brianna was well ahead of Jacob, who was holding on to the reins
    for dear life.He felt like he was gonna throw up.
    Brianna: Come on slow poke!
    Jacob: Excuse me, you have the advantage, I never rode a horse before.

Screenshot-9.jpg
    Brianna: Hi Emily!
    Brianna shouted as she passed her neighbor's house.

Screenshot-11.jpg
    She took a deep breathe; taking in the crisp autumn air as she continued
    to lead Jacob and the horses to the race track.

Screenshot-12.jpg
    Jacob was about ready to keel over, and his bum was hurting.
    He wasn't used to riding on a horse, let alone a leathery saddle.
    Jacob: I think I had enough now.
    Brianna: Alright, I'll race you back.
    Jacob: What? No...come back..
    Brianna was already home by the time Jacob arrived.
    Breathing heavy, he dismounted the horse.

Screenshot-15.jpg
    Text message: DOCTOR RUSH, we always have ways to get what
    we want.We're coming for you.
    "Crud" Jacob thought, they must have found his location, or at least
    a general location where he was. When was this all going to end? HE tried
    to keep calm; he knew if he freaked Brianna would want to help; and he didn't
    want to involve her anymore than he already has.
    Brianna: What is it?
    Jacob: Everything is fine.
    Brianna: I can read people easily....someone sent you a threating message,
    didn't they?
    How could she possibly know? She was definately good at reading people.
    Jacob Hesitated to answer; but knew she would keep pressing.
    Jacob: Yes...and I won't lie, I'm a bit concerned.

Screenshot-17.jpg
    Jacob: I'm not so comfortable eating at the family table...I'm not
    family.
    Sarah: At our home, even our guests are family! No need for you to
    dine alone, Doctor Rush.

This family was so kind and giving.He didn't know if it was his concussion; but he felt
    himself starting to relax, becoming more comfortable with his hosts.

Screenshot-20.jpg
    Jacob decided to rummage through some of his research.His memory
    loss was worse than he thought."I don't remember writing any of these notes...
    And none of this is making sense....I know that I should know how to do this."
    He kept flipping pages, and eying his words; but nothing was making sense.
    Perhaps a good night's sleep is what he needed.He was just about to head to bed
    when he heard a loud bang from the ground floor..."What was that?!" The noise
    got louder, someone was rummaging through the barn....He suddenly felt his anxiety
    rise....Was this where it was going to end for him?

To be continued.

Comments back to you lovely people tomorrow. :kissing_heart:

But I wanted to pop in real quick and share this gorgeous (I think) wedding dress that is not BEO (cause BEO's are normally the best wedding dresses imho) that I found while exploring my Medieval save folder. :blush: I thought it looked pretty darn good in game.

w-920h-690-2435764.jpg

DL

Enjoy! :grin:
    @emorrill

Gorgeous dress, I will download but save it in a cc folder not in game lol.
    @emorrill That's one of my favorites! Belle wore it when I had her marry Arthur in my medieval save.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited February 2022
    @bekkasan Heh, yes, those max chest sliders are mandatory for female Bridgeport mixologists :lol: . Everything to attract customers :wink: .
    Thank you for the comments. I waited a long time until I added the consignment store to Bridgeport, because I know it would change the economy, but on a plus side, the other residents can finally pay their tax billls :smile: .
    Those houses you are checking out there in your Disney world look really big. I need a new computer to run those. It's amazing how well my Bridgeport game runs without all my cc hair and a mostly empty house :lol: . Not even the garden upsets this, which surprises me.

@Brandontaylor Thanks a lot for the comments.
    I must admit I didn't check the gender of Morrigan's new baby. Lots of sims getting kids at the moment.
    Kind words, but really, hitting "reload" was definitely one of the dumber moves I made. There's no honey-coating for that :lol: .
    Yeah, elevators, especially busy ones (they get constantly used during a party), wouldn't be my choice to do that, either. It's more the wackiness of the whole procedure in-game that's funny about it.
    Looks as if your Elvis fandom will get some new fuel soon :smile:

@Sprottenham Hey, thanks. Yeah, not everyone needs to have kids in that game.
    Bridgeport has lots of loonies, yes. And yes, after seeing the Bridgeport clubs in action, none of my venues in my other game worlds use bouncers.
    Ironically, Bridgeport is cheaper than most of the other worlds, because most living options are apartments, and apartments are often ridiculously cheap for what they offer, compared to houses. I don't like elevators though, so I chose a house for Ethan.
    Simbots are the ones averse to water. They will short out in rain or in the pool, and they always have the "hydrophobic" trait. However, Maxis decided to make plumbots love water, so they often have some obsession with the pool, if one is on the lot. I guess they wanted to be funny. Plumbots are better than humans at everything, if you give them the right chips.

@ZhakiraP Wow, that story looks exceptional. Beautiful sims, as always. And great story. I guess I have something more to look forward to :smile: . Hmm, now I, of course, wonder whether Greyson will ever get rid of the curse and how long it will take.
    I don´t have random genetics mod, I use EA but Nraas does change it up a little bit.
    Yeah, but it's still the "only whole features get passed down" type of genetics. The Random Genetics mod isn't completely random, as the name implies, but produces slider blends, which can have interesting outcomes. But yeah, your Riverview will look... "interesting" :lol: .
    Ethan experienced his first romance?! What!!? I am thinking you have severe lag, the bloke is all about romance! :p
    You are probably just funny, but then again, I'm just using the Sims romance rules here, which are a bit weird.
    "Romantic" actions that will start a romance: First Kiss, Heat of the Moment Kiss, Confess Attraction, Make Out (usually locked behind Kiss, like all special kisses, but can be reached via Cuddle on beds or sofas).
    "Romantic" actions that will not start a romance: Flirt, Flirtatious Joke, Give Flowers, Compliment Appearance, Compliment Character, Amorous Hug, Hold Hands, Massage, Woohoo, Try for Baby.
    Sims will usually avoid all autonomous actions that establish a romance. I guess Bronson was the exception, because he's "Inappropriate", and there are a few other traits to look out for.

@emorrill Thanks a lot for the comments :smile: . I only remember your edit of Bronson vaguely - in the sense that I somehow remember you made one. This round, I hardly changed the Bridgeport sims at all, just a bit of "eye surgery", as you put it, and sometimes reducing the profile slider slightly. I also changed the black color of his hair tips to something that looks less harsh to me. And I have no cosmetic cc except skin and eyes in the game currently.
    Now it makes me wonder if the baby is actually Wogan's...? :smirk:
    Oh, SP and MC unanimously said so, so it's definitely Wogan's kid. You know, Ethan may not be the monogamous type, but he doesn't interfere with any existing partnerships, regardless if it's just being in a steady relationship, engaged or married. If those sims want to go and cheat, they can try someone else.
    Don't want your good simmies getting too close to that Tiberium... ;):p
    No worries, Ethan spent those 7500 points on Simmunity in order to be safe from allergies, and that "keeps the doctor away" in the case of Tiberium, too. I didn't notice any effect on Elektra.
    Nice wedding dress you found there. Doesn't look as if I need any in my game anytime soon, though :lol: .
    I'm still debating whether I should send him to university to earn the "Artistic" trait, as that would make him paint autonomously. And yes, he'll probably still have to wait till winter to finally get his lifetime wish and finish his career as a cook, which just yields spare change at this point.
    @Turjan It seems the random genetics mod has been removed by the author. Shame, I was hoping to try it out :/

A small story update to my medieval story, the rest of the update in the story thread for anyone interested :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997102/praaven-my-medieval-game#latest

A few days later the Prince arrived at the royal castle in Praaven city. While he didn´t want to leave the captured sorcerer unattended, he needed to let the King know what had transpired and enlist his assistance.
    51889469551_90b100473e_k.jpg
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    @Turjan It seems the random genetics mod has been removed by the author. Shame, I was hoping to try it out :/
    Looks as if you can still download it via the wayback machine:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210302110226/https://modthesims.info/d/641028/randomgenetics.html

I tried it, and the download works.

I found it on another site. Going to try it out a little bit, @Turjan thank you for telling me about it :)
    edited February 2022
    I found it on another site. Going to try it out a little bit, @Turjan thank you for telling me about it :)
    Awesome. Just to add some general info regarding how it works, which is two ways:
    1. Every time the game initiates a birth scenario, the mod will interject itself automatically and mix the sliders from both parents. This includes "instant babies" or those you let be made at the hospital.
    2. It also has an active function that involves a menu option on the sim called "Randomize Genetics". This also works with the parents as specified in the family tree (can be assigned via MC if missing, like in the case of IF's). This option can be used as many times as you want, until you like the outcome. The menu option isn't visible directly after an age-up, so you may have to wait till you start the game the next time.
    I didn't notice any performance hit on my very old computer. I hope this is useful.
    @Turjan Thank you, very useful :) Going to try it out the next time I play the game.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Turjan Oh, there's a difference between simbots and plumbots.. I didn't know, I thought they were kind of the same thing. :P

By the way.... I think I can understand your dislike of elevators.. now...
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    edited February 2022
    updated my story with season two chapter 3, part one

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988373/my-story-corner/p16
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,140 Member
    This update covers day I (arrival) and day II (first full day). Their destination is the world of Sunlit Tides, that I have renamed "Belo Horizonte" for my universe.

Chapter 16.8 – Belo Horizonte Part I: Arrival

5MvYZSO.jpg

Last morning on the cruise ship for the honeymooners and Sofia is dreaming about catching fish.. makes perfect sense, because their destination being a group of islands in the middle of the ocean has traditionally been largely dependant on seafood, of course. :P

GN4HQUD.jpg

Yeah, I suppose its time for them to get off this ship now, they have explored pretty much everything, apart from the sun deck, and the elevators are just becoming less and less willing to cooperate, something which Palash and this one dude still there from yesterdays party felt as they went to eat breakfast...

nYHQi8R.jpg

It was so bad this morning no one really got anywhere, and the Captain had to be notified to press the elevator reset button, before Palash could make it down to eat breakfast.

eUWsgNK.jpg

Sofia woke up a little later to check her appearance in the mirror and the weather forecast for Belo Horizonte.. it wasn't looking very promising.. it was set to rain pretty much every day of the week, but hmm, I wouldn't trust that weather forecast if I was her... ;)

hNGxR7j.jpg

The boat was set to arrive at noon, and Palash headed down to the restaurant to simply kill time, passing some people on the way that were still going strong since last night.. "Did you get any?" is a popular question to ask... :P

U6zW0l3.jpg

Sofia has gone inside one of the small toilets by the breakfast area to discuss tv-shows with the bartender, also still there from last night.

1SFP7WC.jpg

Of course they had to stand there and talk inside the smallest room of the entire ship. ;)

Eventually the clock strikes noon and the ship throws anchor outside Belo Horizonte. Again the beachy waters are to shallow, so it can't make it onshore, and everyone has to go on a tender boat. The harbor is a little better than the one in Sunset Valley, though, as there are many boat routes going to and from the islands in the area.

0vDmFDr.jpg

The island of Belo Horizonte doesn't have its own airport, so for the inhabitants to get to the mainland (or anywhere else in the world) they have to use the airport on the nearby and bigger Pico Pico Island.. Palash already feels inspired from this picturesque place...

easZbSv.jpg

They have to hurry on and run to the taxi that is waiting for them and take them to the little beach house they have rented.. and the weather forecast has been proven very wrong already.. ;) It is spring time here now, and it is one of the more stable periods here weather wise, but the occasional thunderstorm could still happen.

5eEgb02.jpg

The small beach house is only a few minutes drive away from the harbor, and Sofia thinks it is a very scenic location, perfect for some good photography. ;) Palash thinks it would be a perfect place to go on holiday with the large family he doesn't yet have...

Part I of update continues in spoiler:

WobEpdZ.jpg

Sofia walks straight through to the balcony on the oceanside to enjoy a drink, while Palash is cheering at the flower decorations inside. ;)

ejUytdb.jpg

BLGk3Sp.jpg

WuvjrK9.jpg

Sofia finishes her drink, thinking about the jacuzzi there before joining Palash inside for some flirting and a kiss.

8YwEAU9.jpg

Palash is the first one to use the jacuzzi though, as he goes for a naked dip, and this makes Sofia very excited, of course. ;)

cQPrhYK.jpg

y5MQrbf.jpg

So when he gets out of the pool, she begins to flirt with him again and Palash gets a wish to make Sofias favorite dish.

OstEXrO.jpg

1vPh76B.jpg

So while he goes into the kitchen to prepare sushi, she goes for another drink and gets naked in the jacuzzi as well. ;)

0LU5asS.jpg

He calls her up from the jacuzzi to eat, and they have a nice romantic dinner on the table outside. Some wish that they both had also got fulfilled here, but I'm not sure which one. I have a mod that gives points to all wishes they have, not just the ones that are promised, so this must have been something in the back of the queue that I haven't noticed.

zOVL6Gz.jpg

Sofia thinks its so nice to have a husband cooking her favorite meal, she gets a wish to woohoo with him in the jacuzzi... but as always, Palash is a little slower (or just not as 🐸🐸🐸🐸.. yeah, I said it! :P), so he doesn't get that wish.. (I will only direct them to do it if both have the wish).

BIxc8Oc.jpg

Palash walks into the kitchen to do the dishes, and Sofia follows him with a confession to make, that she enjoys watching him while he sleeps...

c4aLMJq.jpg

Palash's response then is to make fun of her, mocking her for already confessing this to him during their visit in Sunset Valley..

FJ8C97e.jpg

Sofia doesn't like being mocked of course, and shouts back at him, and I am worried that they are going to fight instead on their honeymoon..

dBcjPz1.jpg

Interestingly, the mocking action simultaneously gives them two negatives and one positve added to their relationship bars.. :P

COFQMCS.jpg

She than shares some gossip with him, before grabbing him for another sudden kiss, but again he doesn't get it, and starts talking about food and conspiracy theories with her, so she gives up and goes to bed.. alone and unsatisfied.. :/

wWua8E6.jpg

Palash puts the leftover sushi in the fridge and joins her in bed soon thereafter..and they both dream about promotions in each their own way..

1mqJ2p8.jpg

Oh well, good night...

Day II: Off the edge of the map...

upB4sEj.jpg

The next morning Palash is as usual the early bird, and wakes up first while Sofia is dreaming about babies.. of all things.. hmm.. maybe she can be persuaded? ;)

P86g8lx.jpg

Palash goes outside to play a game of gnubb while he waits for his wife to wake up, of course dropping the stick on his head a few times. ;)

KVkZTsj.jpg

Sofia wakes up to do her usuall morning routine of checking her appearance in the mirror, and this morning she really likes what she sees. "Palash has got to want a piece of this! Mmm mmm, hello there hot mama!" she thinks. :P

Y4WZvnZ.jpg

She finds a ball inside, and asks him to throw ball in front of the house, doing her best to hide her laugh because he just hit his head with the stick again. ;)

Hf5L5DM.jpg

WMJPyMl.jpg

hjJinVZ.jpg

Sofia than goes for another skinny dip in the jacuzzi while Palash sneaks away into the bathroom..

TIvfbfu.jpg

..where he sends a secret admirer text to some guy called Stig Øvretveit. I have no idea who that is, and I don't think he should be sneaking away to send texts like that on his honeymoon! :O

5sZJ5mb.jpg

I take note of the name, in case he does it again... He is attracted to Sofia, or he does like her atleast, because he does get the big red heart moodlet when he is near her... so I don't know what that was, but for now I will just think of it as some random impulse, or something.. and hope that it was only a one time occurence!

nZLs6uX.jpg

He then joins Sofia to chill in the nude in the jacuzzi again, and this makes her very excited of course. ;) So much so, she has to get up from the jacuzzi to cheer at him..

WxlmsKC.jpg

And now she seems to cheer at him no matter what he does.. going to the kitchen to grab a meal? Sofia is excited and cheers.

VqaQ3lv.jpg

Sitting down to eat? Sofia is excited and cheers.

htwhRqX.jpg

Simply excisting? Sofia is excited and cheers. :P

6itVifK.jpg

Sofia then goes for another skinny dip in the jacuzzi.. she probably really wants that woohoo now...

..but ever since Palash himself got a feeling with being a ghost after his visit to the ghost house in Sunset Valley, he has gotten increasingly fascinated with, well, ghosts and everything that revolves around death...

l1Md33A.jpg

...so he walks outside the porch of course, to talk to Sofia about going to the graveyard.. because that's what he wants..

fM1qMVh.jpg

I want them to explore more of the island since they are there, not excactly the graveyard though as I think it is a bit of an odd choice to go on a honeymoon.... but.. anyway... Sofia agrees to go there and Palash calls a taxi to take them to the graveyard..

Rn0LVQM.jpg

The graveyard is pretty much on the opposite side of the island, so its a long way to get there, and they pass by several places that Sofia wants to visit, such as the local festival grounds and some other nice hangout places and beaches...

MAwsAfx.jpg

They arrive at the graveyard, though, and Palash gets his wish fulfilled, before he runs off to the far edge of the graveyard to sit down and think by the graves of some local fallen heroes from "The Great World War" (1930 – 1935) (See also: Chapter 2.1: Of politics and war). Chilling that the topic of war is always a relevant one...

22zwDLj.jpg

Palash is the kind that enjoys learning about the places he goes to, and has read up a little bit about the history of the islands... "They were so young when they died" he thinks. "Some of them had just been drafted and were only 18 or 19 years old..."

Gp2rdTZ.jpg

But Sofia is a in a little more cheerful mood than her husband, though, as she walks over to the War Veterans burial ground to grab him for a kiss again..

nNNtFS5.jpg

x9tVmE3.jpg

As the sun begins to set Palash then walks over to sit by the graves of victims of the Serra Gordokala volcanic eruption in 1983, before Sofia follows him there to make a comment about how she would like to paint him in the nude (even though she doesn't have much painting skills to speak of, but at this point she would probably say anything...)

OjFJgPI.jpg

Yb8w3bp.jpg

The graveyard is definately a place to memorize some historical events and time periods.. and once the sun has gone below the beatiful horizon (:P) Palash decides to tell a ghost story about the pirates that used to reign in the area in the 16 and 1700s, cursed by their own greed and sentenced to forever roam the seas surrounding the islands... "They are not among the living" he says, "but neither are they among the dead!"

p6rtjiM.jpg

Sofia listens with keen interest, but isn't really to scared, not even when he delivers what he thinks is the most terrifying ending..

Tobx8Hv.jpg

She just looks at him and says "Was that it? Ha! I'm sure I could do better.." before she gets up to embrace him and give him another hot kiss...

GLjOvk9.jpg

wpKQJzx.jpg

...but Palash isn't happy with that. He wants to give her a real scare, so he tells another one! This one is also about zombie pirates, but these ones are much more terrifying and bloodthirsty than the ones in his first story!

qlRZerU.jpg

He tells the tale of how the pirates one night invaded the nearby island of São Miguel, taking no prisoners and laying bare all the gory details of the story! "Not a single soul was left alive on the island", he says, "and to this day no one has ever set foot there and come back alive..."

zLOtiOS.jpg

This story has the desired effect, and Sofia is left terrified! "We are NOT visiting that island" she says, before she gets up and wants to share some more gossip with him..

fIUWhCW.jpg

..but it is already getting very late, and Palash, having been up since before sunrise, is so tired now he could fall asleep right then and there any minute, and is no longer in the mood for any gossip or chit chat, so he rejects her and doesn't want to listen to her gossip..

nyceg04.jpg

Sofia then grabs him for a sudden kiss, and that cheers him up for a while, but sadly not enough to give him a wish to woohoo with her... Then an eerie sound is heard from one of the graves of the volcanic eruption victims, and the ghost of a woman shows up and floats by...

KciQuGw.jpg

The ghosts name is Amika Kahale, and from the looks of it she was probably pretty hot when she was still alive.... (Ooof..!)

Uwg1Pez.jpg

Palash is thrilled and cheers at the ghostly woman as she passes them, but Sofia is not all that excited this time.. "Palash! Did a ghost just pass by!? I don't like this.... I think it's time to go back to the beach house!"

1ANJxgE.jpg

"..and you've been up since early morning! You must be dead tired by now! I'll call for a taxi!"

AbuoE2T.jpg

Sofia called for a taxi, and they went the long way back under the beatiful night sky.. Palash was so tired, he fell asleep in the taxi and slept all the way back and immediately went to bed as they arrived..

MnLX54w.jpg

Sofia still had just enough energy to eat some left over sushi, before joining him and dreaming sweet dreams of love..

aK42rWi.jpg

Good night. ;)
    P.S: Sorry about the lack of woohoo.. I think.. I will try to make it right come next update.. I don't want to be responsible for creating a desperate housewife ! :P
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Been sucked back into SWTOR with the new update Legacy of the Sith. ~sigh~ so getting much of anything done on my Sims 3 is next to nil. Kind of hard to play with half the screen borked though.
    2Gogp4f.png
    EEkoepi.png
    So far nothing much happening on my Sims 3 end.
    ShCDWPO.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top