Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    logion wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    This pack must be causing major problems to the game if it's making everyone's games laggy. I'm definitely not buying this pack anytime soon.
    I don't want to break my game for a mediocre pack :s:s

y4m6FrTjcvYClv9jza41S8YPjtjecI7goX6ucVZkiw-mWawN-5CzVolNOGBxUp58OXRnzDfTKsLUmECuXglLdzdAMMR0dhjWCLEkfdpF9wu6wNOEUxMat6QTwqo1LtFJWkntf2HaxC_GEkUfkvWpnsUZK1gF2B48trueqEoCRLhT9HevNk_ohj0WbXkztIzOLet?width=530&height=660&cropmode=none

Henford on Bagley did really not run well on my computer and now a GP world is not going to run well? :#

I’ve found if you leave one neighbourhood empty the worlds run better.

Willow Creek - the two big expensive lots are bare.
    Oasis Springs - is completely empty!
    Newcrest - I’ve left ready to fill.
    HoB - I’ve emptied Old New Henford.
    Brindleton Bay - the residential zone to the right is empty. (I’ve turned the museum on the island into a camping ground).

Vampires only has five lots. StrangerVille only has two residential zones anyway.

Only Windenburg has all three zones but 75% is community lots.

I don’t know if this would work for anyone else but it’s improved my game.

(When I get Tartosa I’m moving the three families in Windenburg there and leaving those residential lots bare or maybe make them parks.)

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    This pack must be causing major problems to the game if it's making everyone's games laggy. I'm definitely not buying this pack anytime soon.
    I don't want to break my game for a mediocre pack :s:s

y4m6FrTjcvYClv9jza41S8YPjtjecI7goX6ucVZkiw-mWawN-5CzVolNOGBxUp58OXRnzDfTKsLUmECuXglLdzdAMMR0dhjWCLEkfdpF9wu6wNOEUxMat6QTwqo1LtFJWkntf2HaxC_GEkUfkvWpnsUZK1gF2B48trueqEoCRLhT9HevNk_ohj0WbXkztIzOLet?width=530&height=660&cropmode=none

Sims 4 really should not have this long of a life span.It was never made for this long of lifespan

I agree as EA/Maxis is adding packs on packs, sooner or later problems will occur and if they do not tweak the game regularly it just makes things worse Imo. So much for Sims 4 running w/o taking a hit on performance and those with lower specs may not do as well as those with higher specs even with features taken out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »

That's one of the things that bothers me most about this pack. Those parties.... they are just meaningless. But on paper they add value to the pack and "gameplay". Especially bach parties are insulting. The only hope here is that modders will be able to make something interesting with this system.

Unfortunately, that‘s just not going to be of much help to players on console.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Hey, is it true that you cannot get married at a wedding venue lot, the special lot type added by the pack?

What 😂 EA, we can have our sims woohoo in a dumpster and slice “flesh” off a questionable meat wall and pee in a bush but cannot have them get married at where they’re supposed to?

I see what their priorities are.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/16/the-wedding-venue-in-the-sims-4-doesnt-let-you-have-weddings/
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Who knows…maybe with all these issues they’ll just delay it another week on Tuesday.

Great business practices.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    No Veils...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    A positive for an update. At least we get a new fiance option in cas base game.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2022
    From all the bugs Plumbella talks about, it sounds like there's a good reason this pack is being put off a week.

But seriously, a gameplay pack has this little gameplay?! I just CANNOT imagine this at full price.

I can understand a focus on wedding CAS. I mean, that's the point. And without the white swatches, they are moderately flexible as Formal wear. And why is there no veil in Hats? And no new top hat?

But this pack is so NARROW. A wedding is a one-day event. The planning looks like a series of identical parties.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I think back fondly on that time we were called negative nancies for pointing out the increased lack of polish in packs, being told we were exaggerating.

Funny how that permissive attitude didn't encourage them to improve the game huh. I'm flabbergasted. Who could have seen this coming. Shocked I tell you.

Given that Sims 2 and Sims 3 were absolute buggy messes at the end of their lives, I'm not sure why anyone expected anything different from Sims 4.
  • Options
    Felicity wrote: »
    I think back fondly on that time we were called negative nancies for pointing out the increased lack of polish in packs, being told we were exaggerating.

Funny how that permissive attitude didn't encourage them to improve the game huh. I'm flabbergasted. Who could have seen this coming. Shocked I tell you.

Given that Sims 2 and Sims 3 were absolute buggy messes at the end of their lives, I'm not sure why anyone expected anything different from Sims 4.

To be fair right now sims 3 is not as buggy as four.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Though we still don't have the boyfriend/girlfriend option Sims 3 had.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Though we still don't have the boyfriend/girlfriend option Sims 3 had.

Sad,but hey a least there some good things from this .I like most of new swatches and I like some the build objects
  • Options

That's true, especially with mods. The smooth patch changed everything.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2022
    If it wasn't for the rather samey events and GP World, this could have been a Stuff Pack. It's nice that a lot of BB has swatches with and without flowers, which makes them flexible for your restaurants and fancy houses, but if you MUST have a Wedding Gameplay Pack, then it should make your wedding (and the planning of it) REALLY life-changing.

After all, we can already technically HAVE weddings, and many kinds of party. Where's the extra drama? Where's the unnecessery suffering and jitters and emotion? Where's the "I OBJECT!!!"
    Post edited by Loanet on
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    logion wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    From all the bugs Plumbella talks about, it sounds like there's a good reason this pack is being put off a week.

But seriously, a gameplay pack has this little gameplay?! I just CANNOT imagine this at full price.

I can understand a focus on wedding CAS. I mean, that's the point. And without the white swatches, they are moderately flexible as Formal wear. And why is there no veil in Hats? And no new top hat?

But this pack is so NARROW. A wedding is a one-day event. The planning looks like a series of identical parties.

It looks very narrow from what I have seen so far.

I don't know how to describe it ...Maxis are trying to use the same formula that they had done for all the other packs, but this time they are trying to improve weddings. But it all feels so staged and almost fake.

Jesse tried an interaction called "Express doubts about marriage" it was the same animation as telling a secret to someone, an animation from 7 years ago. And it was a positive reaction. They literally took the SAME animation from seven years ago and now it's apparently you expressing doubts about marriage? And it doesn't do anything?

She tried the different events before the wedding, and it was just like normal parties. And they didn't even get a buff after the parties.

The only thing that looks good are the weddings, but even then, they don't feel like anything from the trailer, it doesn't feel romantic at all. I really wonder how people will feel about this pack when it releases.

I'm not in the best of moods so I'm just gonna say it. It feels like they are giving us scraps and expecting us to make our own fun with it.

Here, have an animation from 7 years ago and pretend that you are creating drama.

Here, have a recycled party from 7 years ago and pretend that you are having a bacehlor/bachelorette party.

Recycle and repeat objects, animations and bhavs has been the problem with TS4 for me for the past five years. The first three were 'ok' but reusing the same meshes (just adding new swatches to formal wear for this GP), reusing animations already in game and using an event that is already in game, and only adding clothes that look like you would only wear them to the court house to get married and not an actual formal wedding in big Cathedral or church or be able to hire entertainment (special entertainers...bands, comedians, special NPCs) for the reception just feels so recycled and reused over and over for TS4. Don't even talk about the so called honeymoon stage..... my Sims could have spent a honeymoon at home and been just as much as this GP adds to that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I beg to differ, after playing TS2 for all these years most of all, I never run into any bugs I didn't cause myself. I can't say the same for TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I beg to differ, after playing TS2 for all these years most of all, I never run into any bugs I didn't cause myself. I can't say the same for TS4.

I use a lot of mods to prevent Sims 2 and Sims 3 bugs. My point was more that a lot of people pointed out the relative lack of bugs in Sims 4 at the beginning of the game seemingly not realizing that it just didn't have the time yet to become completely buggy. They have too many teams working on these games, leading to spaghetti code. It's caught up with Sims 4 as well now.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

For real!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    JwanJwan Posts: 1 New Member
    There is a grammatical error in the description of Porto Luminosa. It says 'Overtime the village flourished'. It should be 'Over time', the word overtime is a verb that describes working over scheduled hours, it does not have the same meaning as 'over time'. I hope this can be corrected because it bugs me.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Jwan wrote: »
    There is a grammatical error in the description of Porto Luminosa. It says 'Overtime the village flourished'. It should be 'Over time', the word overtime is a verb that describes working over scheduled hours, it does not have the same meaning as 'over time'. I hope this can be corrected because it bugs me.

So even the proofreading is sub par.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I'll probably buy the pack for the world the case dresses and the church items.The gameplay not so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top