Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Changed Your Mind About My Wedding Stories?

I am interested in seeing an updated poll for this. So, are you going to buy it?

Have You Changed Your Mind About My Wedding Stories? 210 votes

Yes, I am still going to buy it
36%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14bshag4lvSara1010PIcewolfPinkPaws66Kathy090660SikoahGraceJueJuedanacnbrettStormkeepMi9shaoscarmcruddfriendlysimmerscchant86JestTrualanmichael1Mindofycatloverplayer 76 votes
I wasn't going to buy it but now I am
0%
FlashMarkerphantling 2 votes
I was going to buy it but now I am not
7%
imhappyAeroprincess87Jonathan777Laruhelltexxx78abelhinha35AdiSAEldarinAkilfavrielEliasVersaceChatonPhobostimesimmeroriginHahcbeachwaves 15 votes
I will buy it when most of the bugs in it are fixed
19%
ihavesorelegsnowIrishSimmer21alexspoom13Cabelle1863CamkatshellbemeelanorbretonCharell88freindlylolXBanana00CreamXloubyloulougoodcakebaker62YautjagirlgreydonnmjalletKironidesireneilesGracieO312Lisamango0XxAirixX 40 votes
I will buy it on sale as I just want the world/CAS/BB
17%
akirabauschKelleygirlMelisendreScrapdashncisGibbs02SnuffyBucketmlmeadowsorkhid22taydevkiwi84ClassicalSimmannannaDaravibixtersMoonfoxNightcrysillyangel0906GitaEnkiSchmidtCeridwenLoanet 36 votes
Other
19%
GoldmoldarColorist40FKM100babajayneAnmirlaMariefoxprice83simgirl1010DarkLady2788SimplyJengc6164Serendipity38winniepeepsCAPTAIN_NXR7cyncie83bienchenRedDestiny92Toadette12OldeseadoggeLiELFlunaoddity 41 votes

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    I was undecided when I first heard of it, and I'm still undecided... but I have gotten much less interested after seeing and reading about how difficult it seems to be to even get the weddings working in the pack. And some bugs might never be fixed.

Maybe I will buy it just for the world and the new outfits, that doesn't feel like the right thing to do though.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Even if I didn't already have it I would buy it for the world and object gameplay (cakes, tea set, floristry additions etc.)

I could still use the BG weddings with all the new items until the bugs are fixed with traditions based objects and events.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Definitely want the world 🌍 , it’s utterly gorgeous!

I’ve already started designing lots and who will live there, so yes I will buy it but on sale.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I always planned to buy it just for the world. I expected the wedding part to not work. My game play is with the gardening skill and they haven't fixed the dirt pile bug. Too many things in this game don't work the way they're supposed to. I would have been surprised to see the wedding part work. I get irradiated when my sim prepares the food with the chopping and all the other animations that I've seen a million times. I would gladly give that up to have them serve tea and do the other animations like the wedding ones but I think the cooking animations take all the programing ram and leave no room for other stuff. I actually miss the sims 3 putting the food into the blender and the other animations just worked, (to take a saying from Todd Howard, it just works)
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Even if I didn't already have it I would buy it for the world and object gameplay (cakes, tea set, floristry additions etc.)

I could still use the BG weddings with all the new items until the bugs are fixed with traditions based objects and events.

Does that mean that the BG wedding event is still available as a separate event?
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I want it and do like all the CAS and BB; but the gameplay really needs to be fixed. I am worried that even if I get it just for the items and world that it would crash my game or something like Snowy Escape does now. I will see once it is released and if anything changes.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I still plan do get this pack. Even with all the bugs I'd still use it more than I do objectively better packs.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'd buy it if the only thing that worked in it was the world, slow dancing and the tea set, especially now that I have seen the CAS and BB Assets in game rather than just thumbnails (I like them), so it's still a buy for me.

That said, hoping they do fix all the issues sooner rather than later...yah, that would be nice too.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    Didn't know, still don't know. The world is pretty but the deeeepth. If they're gonna zoom in on a single topic like this, why can't they just make an actual bridal store where sims can sip champagne while trying on different clothes? A real store to buy rings? Maybe even a job for good measure - wedding planner, anyone? Relationship upgrades? I don't know, I find this pack super lazy looking so far. I love the world but I don't play this game enough anymore to buy it just for that.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Other
    I have a feeling I will, but not for the gameplay gameplay. Weddings don’t really interest me and from what I’ve learned so far, it seems a bit shallow. I’d hoped for at least a matchmaker career and a full fledged attraction system. (And a mariachi band…)
    I am however still wondering if those “wedding” traditions/ activities can be initiated during ANY event, or will we only be able to use them at weddings?

My inner builder -on the other hand- is like this really excited kid who feels the urge to bulldoze the entire coast of Tartosa and replace it with his own haunted lots, doomed chapels, Mediterranean castles ’n spaceships. Actually, this world would make a pretty good Naboo!!

CAS is …well, veils are lacking and although there is some nice formal attire for our male sims, dudes -yet again- are being offered the bare minimum. I love the shirt with the loose tie. I want more of that! I need one for an even drunker version of my sim, since it looks like he will have to entertain himself at his own bachelor party. No sexy dancers eh? What a joke. 😅
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes if only for the world and the new items. I hope the bugs get fixed though. Maybe they only ocvur while on a wedding venue because there is a lot of problems with these lots.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'll buy it when the bugs are fixed. I was going to wait for a sale anyway. Maybe it will be OK by the Black Friday sale.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I was considering buying it on release but the bugs have convinced me to wait a little longer. My main reasons were the tea set, the world and the cas anyway. But the gameplay should be functional, even if I will only use it once or twice.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Other
    I will buy it as I’m a collector of the games I know the game pack has caused some controversy but the Sims team are working on it
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'll probably wait for a sale, but I'll get it. I'm buying it for the world, cas, bb and gameplay such as drawing in the sand, tea sets, slow dancing and dancing with children. The cas is actually better than I thought based on the livestream. Though I would have loved to see more veils and more outfits for males. I also have to say I'm not a fan of those rainbow swatches, because most of them look tacky :#

When it comes to the wedding gameplay... I'm still reading about it.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Does that mean that the BG wedding event is still available as a separate event?
    I'd love to know this too! I'm not quite sure, but they changed the wedding kiss, right? I'm afraid I may miss the old wedding ceremony and kiss, so it would be cool if I could still have that too if I want.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022
    Other
    My opinion has not changed. I'm a combination of options #4 and #5. I will consider buying MWS on sale, if and when, it is priced closer to a SP, and the major bugs are fixed. I was never going to buy MWS on release because I don't believe that the content, even without the glitches, is worth $20. I was/am primary interested in the pack for the new world and the BB. But, while the new wedding features of MWS are not what is drawing me to the pack, I'm not willing to buy a pack when it is full of bugs, even on sale. I feel that doing so gives EA/Maxis no incentive to improve the quality of their releases, and I don't want to reward shoddy work with my money.
    Post edited by EternalSunshine on
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Other
    I don't need it. I'm fine with base game weddings or eloping on the spot. Weddings are formality thing, the flower girls/boys and similar stuff is overkill.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited February 2022
    Well, Yes.
    It has many things I've been needing desperately
    and my play style is pretty much constant wedding party anyway :lol:

even if I was wishing for more romance gameplay and i am little disappointed in that way...
    this will surely improve at least a little tiny part of it
    and that is better than not having it at all

like at least I'll finally have the dang couple dancing I've been waiting for since release
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I'm planning on buying it when some of the bugs are fixed since there seem to be a lot of them. I need slow dancing in my game, so I will still buy it at some point! I will also probably wait for a sale since the packs for the game are pretty expensive.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Other
    I was undecided leaning on maybe on sale. Mainly because the theme does interest me. Weddings are part of my gameplay and I voted for it back in the survey. But I'm unhappy with the neglected gameplay and the direction of the game. Little did I know how neglected was a feature of this pack.

Then this "kerfuffle" happened and I said I wouldn't buy it until everyone could play.

Now I guess I'm back to "undecided maybe on sale." I haven't watched any videos, even the livestream. I have just been reading the comments and seeing the pictures here.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I was going to buy it on release day because I have big plans for the world that comes with it (I always need more space to build). But with the delay and all the insanity that has been going on and all the many, many bugs, I've just had enough of EA. I'm very happy that Russian simmers will get the pack but I hate how EA does things. All the unnecessary secrecy about everything, not just this latest issue. Not getting a pack for 7 months with no explanation. I've always bought packs on release day but I'm going to wait for sales from now on.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I was only ever going to buy it for the world anyways, and it seems like the world is the packs only strength so my decision hasn't been affected
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Other
    Honestly not sure if I would use it or not. My sims tend to either start the game married, or stay unmarried forever. But some of the stuff is pretty, and I always want more worlds. So it's undecided for now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I never cared about the pack's main gameplay feature because my sims rarely get married (and even then, I usually just want to get it over with quickly), so my plan has always been to buy it for the world and the BB and CAS items once it's available for an appropriate price.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'll most likely buy it on sale. I like the world but I'm not all that interested in weddings. I like the world enough that I may get it when it goes 25% off, rather than waiting for 50%.