Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Now Releasing February 23

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I totally agree @Omri147, I still play TS2 as well. I just wanted to point out that even in the era-of-the-disc...Maxis was still great at pushing out products with bugs and glitches, and never fixing some of them. I'm kind of upset we never got one final "mega patch" to fix all the issues for either TS2 or TS3. (I don't still play TS1, so I care less about that one).

Every Sims game ever made has it's problems, unfortunately.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Why does every release of a pack have to be a complete mess?
    For a relatively mundane pack, this release has been so dramatic and outrageous, that I feel like I'm watching a tv show.
    From the buggy livestream, to the Russia debacle, to Game Changers refusing to review the pack, this has been an awful launch. I'm sure many people lost interest in this pack because of how bad the promotion of it was.
    And now people are saying the pack is a buggy mess? Really unacceptable.

EA and Maxis need to do better. They've really outdone themselves this time.

Let's hope they can at least get rid of the bugs before it releases on February 23rd. If Crin, Carl and other Youtubers are saying it's buggy, it's most definitely buggy!

Gonna sound like a debby downer here, but EA continues to release these lackluster, buggy packs because they know they can get away with it. They have no competition when it comes to "dollhouse" simulators and they know the fans are hungry for content. So EA encourages the development team to release these broken packs, because so many in this community will buy anything that gets released regardless of the quality.

I think they leaned on the cover for this one. Prioritizing representation (TM) over gameplay. "Who cares about the quality of this pack? Look at the cover!11"

As if no one tested this pack until last Friday on the livestream.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    For a relatively mundane pack, this release has been so dramatic and outrageous, that I feel like I'm watching a tv show.
    From the buggy livestream, to the Russia debacle, to Game Changers refusing to review the pack, this has been an awful launch. I'm sure many people lost interest in this pack because of how bad the promotion of it was.

Let's hope they can at least get rid of the bugs before it releases on February 23rd. If Crin, Carl and other Youtubers are saying it's buggy, it's most definitely buggy!

Gonna sound like a debby downer here, but EA continues to release these lackluster, buggy packs because they know they can get away with it. They have no competition when it comes to "dollhouse" simulators and they know the fans are hungry for content. So EA encourages the development team to release these broken packs, because so many in this community will buy anything that gets released regardless of the quality.

I think they leaned on the cover for this one. Prioritizing representation (TM) over gameplay. "Who cares about the quality of this pack? Look at the cover!11"

They sure tested, but deadlines must be met. Wait for patch.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022

Yeah, that part specifically is bad because they don't have any competition. However, a lot of people who play the game never engages with the community and just buy whatever pack that they find interesting. Think of how you might play any other game and decide what to to buy for it, or decide to play any other game, and there you have the majority of the player base.

And this pack is about weddings, so many people that usually don't follow the community will probably buy it, and if this pack is as buggy as it seems, that is going to discourage a lot of people that don't follow the community or see their marketing to buy more packs.

Because they are going to assume that the other packs have just as many bugs.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I totally agree @Omri147, I still play TS2 as well. I just wanted to point out that even in the era-of-the-disc...Maxis was still great at pushing out products with bugs and glitches, and never fixing some of them. I'm kind of upset we never got one final "mega patch" to fix all the issues for either TS2 or TS3. (I don't still play TS1, so I care less about that one).

Every Sims game ever made has it's problems, unfortunately.

Yeah, it's a sad reality, no Sims game ends it's support time frame without it's issues.

It does seem like that at times, game has a specific direction now, and while it's a noble cause, a lot of other aspects seem to suffer because of it since it seems to take a lot of their resources/marketing.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Wolfium wrote: »

They sure tested, but deadlines must be met. Wait for patch.

I know it wouldn't be the first time buyers have to wait for a patch. I wasn't buying on release anyway.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2022
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Games were never just games, and I say that as someone who can remember all the way back to Pong.

They always reflected someone's tastes, interests, and preferences. If you didn't notice that, it's just because the tastes, interests, and preferences they were catering to were yours. Personally, I'm glad that now they take into consideration the wants and needs of more people than ever.

I'm from the Pong era, as well, and not without my own memories... even if I am subject to an occasional brain fart. ;) I'm not denying and am not oblivious to what you are saying. Throughout my life, I have been an active member of real-life groups seeking changes in many arenas including environmental, social, and political... but games are my escape from reality and I get a little nostalgic for "simpler" times even though I know full well that it wasn't that simple. And hey, I openly admitted I was being silly.

Ah yes, the pong people from the neolithic gaming era. Never realized I was part of that tribe too :D. Happy you've made this thread, otherwise I would have waited for and been annoyed at a release not happening today. Also happy the Russia issue has been resolved, preemptively withholding a sims game from a country that so badly needs positive diversity representation is counterproductive. A product like the sims is more likely to sow the seeds of tolerance. And for that to happen our fellow Russian players shouldn't have been so wrongly snubbed at.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2022
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    the pong people

I feel like I saw a conspiracy theory video about that on YouTube... something about them taking over politicians and celebrities. They're on to us. ;)

Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Well, I'm glad that everyone is going to get it who wants it. And, since I had to delete two game saves due to the patch yesterday, this may give me the needed time to get the couple I had in mind ready to take that leap. I guess I should call it a win-win. (Although, I am also experiencing that wistfulness that it's not coming out today, as originally scheduled.) Blessing, in disguise!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    For selfish reasons, I'm glad they pushed it back a week. I've been pretty busy this week and wouldn't have had time to play. Most importantly, it means all simmers get the pack.

Hopefully the devs will have time to fix whatever bugs they may have missed as well. For me, it's a win-win.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • sunnysidupsunnysidup Posts: 38 Member
    I’m happy that they figured out they had all the facts wrong and are fixing it but honestly, kind of angry I have to wait another week. They should have found another way to make it up to all those players than by delaying the pack for all of us. Maybe give them the next pack a week early instead.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I must admit I don't mind that much about the delay. We don't know why (do we?), I assume they were happy to get more time to fine tune stuff that obviously seem to work a bit on and off (re streams). If so, I'm all or the delay.

I won't have time to grab this pack on release either way, so my opinion should not really count :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I must admit I don't mind that much about the delay. We don't know why (do we?), I assume they were happy to get more time to fine tune stuff that obviously seem to work a bit on and off (re streams). If so, I'm all or the delay.

I won't have time to grab this pack on release either way, so my opinion should not really count :)

Officially I believe they said it was so everyone could enjoy the pack but I'm 99% sure it's to try and get some emergency bug fixes in.

Buggy packs aren't new but apparently this one is really bad. And if there are too many bugs I strongly suspect many would demand refunds which is probably what they're wanting to avoid.

Like Dine Out is a mess but it's been operable (albeit not perfect) at various points but it sounds like this one is bugged from release. So...idk.

I really feel like simmers need to hold off buying stuff automatically and be more critical with purchases cause money is what will really get EA/Maxis' attention and sometimes we get great packs with some bugs...but sometimes we get absolute messes at launch or breaks after launch and is never fixed and that really shouldn't be acceptable.

Idk who needs to hear it (or rather who is the one to address these problems); but the programming & testing departments for the game need more support/resources. I know it's not a situation with an easy solution but clearly the game needs more support in those areas.

Sims was always a buggy franchise but I feel like it's gotten worse. Im still mad Sims 3 never got a lot of its issues fixed and was just abandoned to the wind and I pray Sims 4 doesn't get that treatment.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I guess there s no way to fix the 8 years old game. People demand cars, freed babies etc., but they can't even get 2 sims to exchange wedding rings. We have finally entered the Isla Paradiso era of TS4. It's time to end this never loved iteration with dignity and move on to TS5.
  • SimfuncrunchSimfuncrunch Posts: 513 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    FurAndYarn wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Games were never just games, and I say that as someone who can remember all the way back to Pong.

They always reflected someone's tastes, interests, and preferences. If you didn't notice that, it's just because the tastes, interests, and preferences they were catering to were yours. Personally, I'm glad that now they take into consideration the wants and needs of more people than ever.

I'm from the Pong era, as well, and not without my own memories... even if I am subject to an occasional brain fart. ;) I'm not denying and am not oblivious to what you are saying. Throughout my life, I have been an active member of real-life groups seeking changes in many arenas including environmental, social, and political... but games are my escape from reality and I get a little nostalgic for "simpler" times even though I know full well that it wasn't that simple. And hey, I openly admitted I was being silly.

Ah yes, the pong people from the neolithic gaming era. Never realized I was part of that tribe too :D. Happy you've made this thread, otherwise I would have waited for and been annoyed at a release not happening today. Also happy the Russia issue has been resolved, preemptively withholding a sims game from a country that so badly needs positive diversity representation is counterproductive. A product like the sims is more likely to sow the seeds of tolerance. And for that to happen our fellow Russian players shouldn't have been so wrongly snubbed at.

I'm also from the "Pong era", and I've played Sims since the beginning of the franchise. As I've written elsewhere, while Sims are not humans, they do represent real people. And real people have always had diverse genders and sexual orientations. As romance has always been a major part of Sims gameplay, being increasingly inclusive of queer and trans people is part of the lasting appeal of this game, even though this inclusivity offends some players and governments.

The Sims has never been and will never be "just a game", because the humans Sims represent are social and complex animals. Personally, when I want to play "just a game", I fire up Tetris or Pac-Man.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited February 2022
    I guess there s no way to fix the 8 years old game. People demand cars, freed babies etc., but they can't even get 2 sims to exchange wedding rings. We have finally entered the Isla Paradiso era of TS4. It's time to end this never loved iteration with dignity and move on to TS5.

Good point. It sounds like you may be right, but I really hope not. Isla Paradiso/Island Paradise is the only pack I never got to play. My computer ran every other pack together lagfree, but I had to uninstall that pack because it broke my game so badly. :( Even mods couldn't fix it for me.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    haneul wrote: »

Good point. It sounds like you may be right, but I really hope not. Isla Paradiso/Island Paradise is the only pack I never got to play. My computer ran every other pack together lagfree, but I had to uninstall that pack because it broke my game so badly. :( Even mods couldn't fix it for me.

It's playable for me if I move all families living in premade houseboats to houses on the island and then delete the houseboats. After that you can place new houseboats.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Oh wow I forgot about Island Paradise... I mean, while it was notoriously buggy, at least the Sims team was very ambitious with it adding many brand new things, can't say the same about My Wedding Stories (I still feel like Sims 2 Celebration Stuff did wedding stuff better in the CAS department).
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    Island Paradise was a nightmare. Although I quit trying to play in the world pretty soon after release, you could use all the activities in ... Sunlit Tides? The store world. Someone even posted a how-to on how to make your own dive spots. Good times.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    @Gordy you win the award for staying on message at all times

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I don't mind them pushing the release forward. My gaming laptop broke and I can't even play Sims until my new laptop arrives next week.
    I'm buying the pack only because of the new beautiful world Tartosa and slow dance. I also like some of the new clothes. I don't even care if the weddigs won't work, I probably wouldn't use that feature much anyway. Eloping still works, right?

I just don't understand, didn't they test the game pack at all? They should've noticed the bugs immediately because nothing seems to work in a wedding ceremony. How did they even try release such broken game pack? It would've been like buying torn jeans. Oh wait... I guess people really do that too. I'm too old, my bad, it's a trend to buy broken things nowadays, that's why EA doesn't care. :/
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I have to jump in here again. I read the letter presented by the Team and it said the week of the 21st. Not that it was being released on the 23rd. That's a Wednesday, Folks. Generally speaking, and others who know far more than me, please feel free to correct me, packs are released on a Tuesday or Thursday. Since it was originally slated for the 17th of February, which was a Thursday, it makes better sense to me to target Tuesday, the 22nd or Thursday, the 24th, a week beyond the original release date. Keep yourselves open and ready that week. Nothing in the letter was definitive, as I read it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It's in the letter near the bottom, @GalacticGal
    We want the entire Sims community to be able to celebrate together, so we're pushing the global release of "My Wedding Stories" to February 23 - including in Russia.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/our-commitment-to-you
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    It's in the letter near the bottom, @GalacticGal
    We want the entire Sims community to be able to celebrate together, so we're pushing the global release of "My Wedding Stories" to February 23 - including in Russia.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/our-commitment-to-you

Oh, why thank you. Odd that it's a Wednesday, all the same. Thank you again for the correction. Going back to my corner, now. :)