Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gaming laptop. Had to make a quick desicion.

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
My 4,5 years old gaming laptop finally died while I was playing Sims. I was expecting it to happen soon and it wasn't really a surprise. :/
I needed a new laptop quickly (for other reasons than just gaming) and I had to make a quick decision for buying the new one. I didn't have time to study the requirements fully and I also don't understand very much about computers, so I'm worried I made a bad choice and I want to ask your opinion. I ordered new gaming laptop already and it's supposed to be delivered to me on Monday.

Here's the one I bought:
ASUS TUF GAMING 17 FX706 17,3"
Intel® Core™ i5-11400H processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti
16 GB DDR4 RAM, 1024 GB SSD

Do you think it's enough for playing Sims 4 on ultra graphics?
I know it's much better than my old one but is it good enough to play on ultra? I played with medium graphics on my old one and it was good enough for me, although it was very laggy sometimes. I don't necessarily need ultra graphics, but I'd like to try them if possible. I'm more into smooth gaming without lag and if I need to keep the graphics lower I don't really mind, I'm not high maintenance.
I know I should've bought a desktop computer for gaming, but I need a laptop for other reasons and I'm not going to buy two computers. That's why I chose a laptop.
I can't wait to get the new laptop. I'm going to miss playing during this weekend. I probably have to entertain myself with playing Stardew Valley on my tablet.

Comments

• WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    You can run Sims 5 on that. I have a lower specs and running on ultra.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yep, you should be super fine with that one for TS4 and most games.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    You could probably run Sims 10 on that. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Thank you all for the answers. I feel relieved now. :)
    Now I just have to wait and when I get the new laptop I need to transfer my saves on it and I'm probably going to mess up something. It always scares me to do it because I'm really bad with computers. I can use them otherwise, but I'm not good with technical stuff or fiddling with game files. :#
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Thank you all for the answers. I feel relieved now. :)
    Now I just have to wait and when I get the new laptop I need to transfer my saves on it and I'm probably going to mess up something. It always scares me to do it because I'm really bad with computers. I can use them otherwise, but I'm not good with technical stuff or fiddling with game files. :#

Installing the game and all the packs will probably be the "stormy" part. After that, moving your saves should be relatively 'smooth sailing'. :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYbJlU-7fUs
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png