Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Now Releasing February 23

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    My crack theory is they needed a week to fix the game so they made up a Russian scandal XD

I think it was probably already delayed once, I assume it was originally planned to be released before valentines given the theme
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    This may be too much real world politics, but one of my theories is that when it looked like (certain ongoing world events re: possible military action) were imminent, the legal team may have cautioned that international sanctions were likely, which can mean a lot of different things which might or might have impacted game sales in Russia, depending on the level of sanctions involved. Now that (due to the evolving state of world events) this scenario looks less likely than it did even 12 hours ago, the legal team may have reassessed the odds of that happening.

Not saying that's definitely what happened, but it's not implausible. The timing certainly lines up with the way events have unfolded, particularly the timing today.

I know what your talking about, I don't think that would of been the issue ( as it shows its not) nothing has happened at this point either, to my knowledge most Russians don't want what's happening in real events to happen

Whether Russians want it or not isn't really the issue. I'm not making any value judgments; it's simply a fact that if certain things had happened, then either America individually or groups of countries would very likely have applied sanctions. That's not speculation, State Department representatives have been all over the news saying so for weeks. There are different levels and types of sanctions, but some levels would impact sales of consumer goods which could impact things like game sales. Part of a lawyer's job is to spot all potential issues, not just things that have already happened.

I don't think this is a conversation to have on here, let's keep real life out there

I'm not debating politics or the right or wrong of it. This whole conversation is about real life, i.e., the decision to release the pack or not.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    This may be too much real world politics, but one of my theories is that when it looked like (certain ongoing world events re: possible military action) were imminent, the legal team may have cautioned that international sanctions were likely, which can mean a lot of different things which might or might have impacted game sales in Russia, depending on the level of sanctions involved. Now that (due to the evolving state of world events) this scenario looks less likely than it did even 12 hours ago, the legal team may have reassessed the odds of that happening.

Not saying that's definitely what happened, but it's not implausible. The timing certainly lines up with the way events have unfolded, particularly the timing today.

I know what your talking about, I don't think that would of been the issue ( as it shows its not) nothing has happened at this point either, to my knowledge most Russians don't want what's happening in real events to happen

Whether Russians want it or not isn't really the issue. I'm not making any value judgments; it's simply a fact that if certain things had happened, then either America individually or groups of countries would very likely have applied sanctions. That's not speculation, State Department representatives have been all over the news saying so for weeks. There are different levels and types of sanctions, but some levels would impact sales of consumer goods which could impact things like game sales. Part of a lawyer's job is to spot all potential issues, not just things that have already happened.

I don't think this is a conversation to have on here, let's keep real life out there

I'm not debating politics or the right or wrong of it. This whole conversation is about real life, i.e., the decision to release the pack or not.

I know what your saying and I know your not debating politics but it's a very sensitive subject at the moment
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    Let's change the subject shall we, aye Where's my kilts 🤣 it's a weddings pack lol
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I also hope they use this time to fix what needs fixing.

Who is this person and why should I trust them?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022

I don't know who that is either, but Carl (of the Carl's Guide site) has said the same thing, and I imagine if you play the Sims 4 you know who he is.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I don't know who that is either, but Carl (of the Carl's Guide site) has said the same thing, and I imagine if you play the Sims 4 you know who he is.

Crinrict from Answers HQ also said the same:

• ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    @Amapola76 I know what you're saying and it crossed my mind too, the timing. But feel @Nikkih is right, we can't discuss that here.

Also if Carl and Crin are both saying this pack is unplayable, that's bad news. They both know all there is to know about the sims, if they're saying these bugs are bad you better believe it.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Very glad that the issue with releasing to Russian areas was finally solved AND that there will be no censorship of the cover. :smile:

Good intentions, but bad research done by EA, it seems. Still glad the representation is still being considered, though.

I don’t mind waiting another week. I have some otome games to play and trying the finish up recently, so I’m good with waiting. :smile:

Hopefully they take the time to fix the bugs!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Very glad that the issue with releasing to Russian areas was finally solved AND that there will be no censorship of the cover. :smile:

Good intentions, but bad research done by EA, it seems. Still glad the representation is still being considered, though.

I don’t mind waiting another week. I have some otome games to play and trying the finish up recently, so I’m good with waiting. :smile:

Hopefully they take the time to fix the bugs!

Any otome recommends? I wish theyd make a mystic messenger 2 😂
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022

Crinrict from Answers HQ also said the same:

If Crinrict is saying it, then that is really bad.

Part of me wants them to just move on to the sims5 at this point.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I'm upset. I'm happy for people in Russia and all, but yeah I'm upset. I have a three day weekend this weekend and was planning to play Sims all day. Now I think I might just go back to playing Going Medieval and forgetting about this game for awhile again. I mean changing the release date literally the day before launch ain't cool at all.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2022
    Games were never just games, and I say that as someone who can remember all the way back to Pong.

They always reflected someone's tastes, interests, and preferences. If you didn't notice that, it's just because the tastes, interests, and preferences they were catering to were yours. Personally, I'm glad that now they take into consideration the wants and needs of more people than ever.

I'm from the Pong era, as well, and not without my own memories... even if I am subject to an occasional brain fart. ;) I'm not denying and am not oblivious to what you are saying. Throughout my life, I have been an active member of real-life groups seeking changes in many arenas including environmental, social, and political... but games are my escape from reality and I get a little nostalgic for "simpler" times even though I know full well that it wasn't that simple. And hey, I openly admitted I was being silly.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    All’s well that ends well. ☺️

Sounds like we’d be playing with lots of bugs if we were able to get it tomorrow. I’d way rather wait 6 more days if there’s a chance of some of that getting fixed. But if it’s just because they need the extra time to get it to Russian players, I’d be fine with that, too (I said I wasn’t buying the pack until they can). I am traveling 2 days after release, so I might wait even longer to see if things are ironed out yet (or wait for mods). Otherwise, it’s going to be a tease to play just a little before being torn away from the game.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I hope we don't have to say goodbye to our Russian friends now. I'd like them to stick around the forums and chat, even if they no longer have a reason to. We should all talk about the release together. Also I want to ask them how the Russian community feels about dragons.

That sentence made me spit my beerage out from laughing!
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm disappointed. I'm happy Russia gets to experience the pack also, but I really disagree with EA changing the date. Was really looking forward to it being released tomorrow.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Why does every release of a pack have to be a complete mess?
    For a relatively mundane pack, this release has been so dramatic and outrageous, that I feel like I'm watching a tv show.
    From the buggy livestream, to the Russia debacle, to Game Changers refusing to review the pack, this has been an awful launch. I'm sure many people lost interest in this pack because of how bad the promotion of it was.
    And now people are saying the pack is a buggy mess? Really unacceptable.

EA and Maxis need to do better. They've really outdone themselves this time.

Let's hope they can at least get rid of the bugs before it releases on February 23rd. If Crin, Carl and other Youtubers are saying it's buggy, it's most definitely buggy!
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Gordy wrote: »
    I hope we don't have to say goodbye to our Russian friends now. I'd like them to stick around the forums and chat, even if they no longer have a reason to. We should all talk about the release together. Also I want to ask them how the Russian community feels about dragons.

A day with you @Gordy, and they will be in love with them. 3 days in, they will be passionately drunk on the possibilities.

I agree. I hope they stick around. They are lovely, and I like them a lot.
  • MuffinsDaAlienMuffinsDaAlien Posts: 417 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Why does every release of a pack have to be a complete mess?
    For a relatively mundane pack, this release has been so dramatic and outrageous, that I feel like I'm watching a tv show.
    From the buggy livestream, to the Russia debacle, to Game Changers refusing to review the pack, this has been an awful launch. I'm sure many people lost interest in this pack because of how bad the promotion of it was.
    And now people are saying the pack is a buggy mess? Really unacceptable.

EA and Maxis need to do better. They've really outdone themselves this time.

Let's hope they can at least get rid of the bugs before it releases on February 23rd. If Crin, Carl and other Youtubers are saying it's buggy, it's most definitely buggy!

Gonna sound like a debby downer here, but EA continues to release these lackluster, buggy packs because they know they can get away with it. They have no competition when it comes to "dollhouse" simulators and they know the fans are hungry for content. So EA encourages the development team to release these broken packs, because so many in this community will buy anything that gets released regardless of the quality.
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    So happy about this! Everyone deserves to play and however they want to!
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I miss the era of gold discs when games couldn't be released buggy.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »

Except they still were. Not nearly as bad as now, of course, but every Sims game since the original The Sims back in 2000 has been full of bugs. I had around 100 mods in my game to fix game glitches by the end of the original The Sims run and for TS2 it was even worse, with some bugs that would completely demolish your neighborhood and make them permanently unplayable.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Except they still were. Not nearly as bad as now, of course, but every Sims game since the original The Sims back in 2000 has been full of bugs. I had around 100 mods in my game to fix game glitches by the end of the original The Sims run and for TS2 it was even worse, with some bugs that would completely demolish your neighborhood and make them permanently unplayable.
    Yeah sadly Sims 2 data was (or is, I still play it) very vulnerable to corruption so you have to avoid basic things like deleting Sims (or tombstones) in it. Other than that it was such a good and detailed Sims game.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »

Yeah sadly Sims 2 data was (or is, I still play it) very vulnerable to corruption so you have to avoid basic things like deleting Sims (or tombstones) in it. Other than that it was such a good and detailed Sims game.

That's the main complaint about sims 2. The more you played the save, it became more and more buggy until corrupted. Sims 4 doesn't have that problem, you can play one save for years without getting corrupted and that's impressive.

Anyways, games generally weren't that buggy like these days. These days we have day one patches, patches 1.1, 1.2 etc. It's rushed to be pushed out and earn money and go to another project, then repeat. Plus disgusting crunch culture.