Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Letter From The Sims Team

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Where's the letter? :o
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,332 EA Community Manager
    Sorry everyone!

I'll update the thread as soon as I'm able, apparently Wednesday didn't get the memo about tech stuff working 🙃
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Lenoro4kaLenoro4ka Posts: 3 New Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Sorry everyone!
    >
    > I'll update the thread as soon as I'm able, apparently Wednesday didn't get the memo about tech stuff working 🙃

Thank you for answer, but why was it nessesary to delete the message? People are very nervouse about it.
  • OloriellOloriell Posts: 35 Member
    The letter has appeared on the official Sims page
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
  • MahpellaMahpella Posts: 9 New Member
    "unaltered and unchanged" - as we were saying, nothing could prohibit the release "as it is". Thanks for reassessing your decision!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2022
    The most important bit!

"We want the entire Sims community to be able to celebrate together, so we're pushing the global release of "My Wedding Stories" to February 23 - including in Russia"

Amazing what you can do if you try! <3
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Wonderful news! Congrats to all! Love is love and is love for everyone. <3
    #Team Occult
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    All simmers on the 23rd 🥳🥳💃🥳
  • MDSimmer_301MDSimmer_301 Posts: 1 New Member
    Great, you're fighting the good fight. Can us none homophobes have it tomorrow and THEN they can have it on the 23rd? I feel like Russia is dealing with a lot more than just " Theres two girls holding hands on the front".
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm happy that all the countries will finally be included. Hopefully, any glitches that needs fixing for the new pack will be fixed before the 23rd. And maybe long white veils & new romantic interactions can be put in the new pack.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited February 2022
    The letter is something.... but at m y country there is a refrain: "El pez por la boca muere"
    At the time, we believed that our team could not freely share the storytelling of same-sex couple Cam and Dom in Russia and decided the best way to uphold our commitment to sharing their story was to not release this pack there

Sorry but I no forgot, mostly when they (and simmers supporting EA side) claim than was due russian law
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I couldn't have enjoyed the game knowing so many were excluded, it wasn't right at all, so thank you EA for doing the decent thing here.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Very glad that Russian simmers spoke up about the actual law and that EA paid attention because it would have been such a shame to let it stand the way it was, as a mistake.

W00T now I could buy it myself with a clear conscience.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    Mahpella wrote: »
    "unaltered and unchanged" - as we were saying, nothing could prohibit the release "as it is". Thanks for reassessing your decision!
    Oh, I actually hope they will do a lot alterations and changes, because from what I've heard from GCs who got their hands on the GP, it is buggy, unplayable mess. So, I hope they will use the next week to unbug it as much as possible, so everyone in the world can really enjoy the pack :D
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    So happy Russian players can get the pack finally :heart:
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Really glad that Russian players would be able to buy and play the pack AND that the cover is unaltered! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm glad this release is now happening, even if it's being pushed off to next week and the cover is unaltered :)

However, I am upset that there are other Simmers out there being upset in comments across fansites that we're being punished for supposedly being responsible for the now delayed release of My Wedding Stories, and some are even proposing to continue the planned release in the West while Russia has to wait.

Surely is this not the outcome we wanted? Regardless if EA is pulling some kind of weird PR stunt to garner attention to this pack or not, this is the much better outcome for everyone instead of Russia not getting the pack at all, or getting the pack with either straightwashed art or blank art. A delayed release is but a very harmless caveat for overturning this, and it's only just a week.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm glad this release is now happening, even if it's being pushed off to next week and the cover is unaltered :)

However, I am upset that there are other Simmers out there being upset in comments across fansites that we're being punished for supposedly being responsible for the now delayed release of My Wedding Stories, and some are even proposing to continue the planned release in the West while Russia has to wait.

Surely is this not the outcome we wanted? Regardless if EA is pulling some kind of weird PR stunt to garner attention to this pack or not, this is the much better outcome for everyone instead of Russia not getting the pack at all, or getting the pack with either straightwashed art or blank art. A delayed release is but a very harmless caveat for overturning this, and it's only just a week.

I wouldn't worry about those people. People will always be upset about SOMETHING no matter what it is. I'm a bit disappointed because I was plotting on it with my free time lol. But I do think it's better that we all get it at the same time! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member

I have no problem waiting until everyone can get it at the same time, what's worrying me now is that all reports from trustworthy game changers is that the pack as it was to be released tomorrow is a real dumpster fire.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Ben_VorobievBen_Vorobiev Posts: 63 Member
    @EA_Cade Sims players in Russia supported EA for twenty years and honestly paid money for their games. Yes, there are pirates in Russia, but there are also those people who paid money for The Sims 4. We are very grateful that company changed its mind.

Please convey to the development team that we understand their doubts and confusions. But we really appreciate your company changing its decision and allowing us to enjoy your game. This will be very supportive of all players, including the LGBT+ community. Your team made the right decision and we are sorry that not everyone in our group communicated respectfully. We understand that sim gurus didn't deserve the aggression they may have heard on Twitter. We really hope that there will be no such conflicts in the future, we are very grateful for your support and will do everything possible to influence the laws in our country. Art is the engine of any change, and The Sims is art.
    With love from Moscow. :smile:
    Very sad to hear this. I've seen really hurtful comments thrown at the gurus through all of this and it breaks my heart because I can tell how much passion they feel for the game and the community.
    And they have thoughts and feelings like everyone else but a lot of people don't seem to care. The only reason I ever joined Twitter in the first place was in support of the developers but I feel really sad about the way they are treated and not just this incident.

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I have no problem waiting until everyone can get it at the same time, what's worrying me now is that all reports from trustworthy game changers is that the pack as it was to be released tomorrow is a real dumpster fire.

And I agree, people were gonna get upset just the same if it was released as planned but for diff reasons, because it looks like from what I'm reading from multiple early access sources that this pack is as broken and buggy as it was during the livestream!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited February 2022

I wouldn't worry about those people. People will always be upset about SOMETHING no matter what it is. I'm a bit disappointed because I was plotting on it with my free time lol. But I do think it's better that we all get it at the same time! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

You are always so very thoughtful with your responses, @Babykittyjade I am sorry that you cannot play during the time you were expecting. Based on what is now being reported by gamechangers and others, the game, in its current state, is a mess. You can't even hold a wedding on a wedding venue lot. Maybe you will get a better working game by waiting. At least, we all hope it will be a better working game.
    Monet11 wrote: »

You are always so very thoughtful with your responses, @Babykittyjade I am sorry that you cannot play during the time you were expecting. Based on what is now being reported by gamechangers and others, the game, in its current state, is a mess. You can't even hold a wedding on a wedding venue lot. Maybe you will get a better working game by waiting. At least, we all hope it will be a better working game.

Thankyou. Based on what I heard about it I think the problem is playing with autonomy on. Now obviously I know not everyone likes to play that way but the sims are programmed to do random things randomly. No matter how much you micromanage the wedding they are programmed to select a random activity constantly or chat with other sims and I don't see any way to get around that unless the entire AI is overhauled.
    I would like to see someone play with autonomy off. Mine is always off I control their entire lives lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top