Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I have a feeling that the following will be very unpopular:

To me, the animations in TS4 are generally unrealistic, stiff, and lacking in warmth. As a result, I would be willing to sacrifice the current range of the body sliders as well as some freedom in furniture arrangement if it meant that there would be better animations. If the animators didn't have to worry as much about clipping, perhaps I'd never have to witness another Sim swipe an object from a distance, dance with their new spouse as if they are strangers, or sleep in their marital bed as if their loved one wasn't right there next to them.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Gallery builds on 20x15 lots that cost 100k because of the clutter/landscape
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I wish horses would get their own pack rather then being incorporated in one (like a medieval expansion or something).
    Horses are something I really want and I want them to get the best possible chance at having a lot of content. I’d prefer for them to have a system like cats and dogs where you can breed them and such
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    In regards to the rainbow swatches added to the clothes in CAS earlier today: They're badly executed and while I adore the sentiment It looks really odd.

Yes, they need to be an ombre style if anything. They honestly look like those child tents you'd have in gym class.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My daughter had a beautiful wedding dress with peek-a-boo rainbow tulle underneath. The colors were more pastel and flowed straight down, not in tiers. I wish the in game dress looked more like that.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited February 2022
    Don't know if this is unpopular but...
    I like "misbehaving" cats. Like those who decide to jump on all counters etc. Yes, IRL I wouldn't let a cat to hang out on a kitchen counter or dinner table but in the sims I just find it visually way more interesting how you can spot the cats all over the place. Therefore my sims have deliberately failed to train their cats to not jump on counters/tables/whatever. Instead they just let them do whatever. They pretty much only bother to scold their pets if they do something tiresome. Like dogs rolling around in puddles/trash so you constantly have to bathe them.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    I wish horses would get their own pack rather then being incorporated in one (like a medieval expansion or something).
    Horses are something I really want and I want them to get the best possible chance at having a lot of content. I’d prefer for them to have a system like cats and dogs where you can breed them and such

I would absolutely <3 LOVE <3 this. I think not enough simmers are aware of just how much gameplay variety you can get out of horses. A pack dedicated to just horses could be so very, very good with so many things to do.

My unpopular opinion is I would rather have had a pack with just horses over the Cats & Dogs one we got, if I had to pick just one. I'm pretty disappointed that we haven't gotten horses yet but we got freaking chickens and llamas. >.<
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited February 2022
    I know this sounds kinda weird, but it Irks me when I’m watching a video about a packs CAS, and the sim they’re using for display already has clothes on.

when they don’t go through all swatches, and if it’s a dyed hair or has an accessory with it, they don’t go through all the hair colors. Oddly specific, but a specific sim in my save, I like to pretend has piebaldism so she requires black hair with white pieces in it. I’d like to know if any of the (many) dyed hairs in SE fits this but nobody shows the hair swatches!
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I would absolutely <3 LOVE <3 this. I think not enough simmers are aware of just how much gameplay variety you can get out of horses. A pack dedicated to just horses could be so very, very good with so many things to do.

My unpopular opinion is I would rather have had a pack with just horses over the Cats & Dogs one we got, if I had to pick just one. I'm pretty disappointed that we haven't gotten horses yet but we got freaking chickens and llamas. >.<

Thank you!
    Imagine ponies for children, and supervised riding for toddlers. We could have an assortment of bridles, saddles, saddle pads, and etc. it would work best with its own equestrian themed world, maybe with horse shows and etc. Horses, generations (which includes freed babies, hopefully basegame, and more pregnancy interactions), and more occults are mainly what I want before the game calls it quit.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Don't know if this is unpopular but...
    I like "misbehaving" cats. Like those who decide to jump on all counters etc. Yes, IRL I wouldn't let a cat to hang out on a kitchen counter or dinner table but in the sims I just find it visually way more interesting how you can spot the cats all over the place. Therefore my sims have deliberately failed to train their cats to not jump on counters/tables/whatever. Instead they just let them do whatever. They pretty much only bother to scold their pets if they do something tiresome. Like dogs rolling around in puddles/trash so you constantly have to bathe them.

Totally with you on that! The number one behavior I train out as fast as possible is "waking Sims up," that one sucks!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Thank you!
    Imagine ponies for children, and supervised riding for toddlers. We could have an assortment of bridles, saddles, saddle pads, and etc. it would work best with its own equestrian themed world, maybe with horse shows and etc. Horses, generations (which includes freed babies, hopefully basegame, and more pregnancy interactions), and more occults are mainly what I want before the game calls it quit.

I'd die happy for horses in the game. Well, gotta change to my barn clothes and head out to muck and feed.
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Thank you!

I'd die happy for horses in the game. Well, gotta change to my barn clothes and head out to muck and feed.

Username and profile pic checks out.
    I have experience with the breed, they are the best
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I've just spent the past little while reading a bunch of simgurus' twitter posts.... *sigh*

Call me crazy, call me hyperbolic... but I've been saying for years that social media is the bane of society and will be its ultimate downfall.

Let's be honest with ourselves: People are their own worst enemies, so the last thing we need is a free-for-all soapbox to scream out all of our unrestrained, unfiltered thoughts.... on full volume.... for the entire world to hear.... any time, all the time.

Mark my words, it's going to speed up the inevitable arrival of the apocalypse once and for all, I tells ya. You heard it here first, folks!

Yup, I hate social media with a passion and wish it would just die already before it kills us first. :|

When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that they are people.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that they feel real pain.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that not everyone is rooting for you.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that some things should be shared with friends only.
    We are losing our ability to discern, to navigate the mass of humanity that is not always humane.

Social Media is turning people into automatons who are motivated by checkmarks, the number of likes, and ticks on a page, rather than people who are motivated by love.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Thank you!

Ha, yes! My favorite breed. Never thought I’d get one because I’d had a Thoroughbred before, but now I’m sold on them. My friend has a Fjord, but I like my flufflinger.
    edited February 2022
    Thank you!

Ha, yes! My favorite breed. Never thought I’d get one because I’d had a Thoroughbred before, but now I’m sold on them. My friend has a Fjord, but I like my flufflinger.

Ironically, Fjord’s and Halfingers are my favorite breeds.

ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Not sure if unpopular opinion but I don't really care about farming and I'm not that impressed by the new world Henford-on-Bagley either.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I've just spent the past little while reading a bunch of simgurus' twitter posts.... *sigh*

Call me crazy, call me hyperbolic... but I've been saying for years that social media is the bane of society and will be its ultimate downfall.

Let's be honest with ourselves: People are their own worst enemies, so the last thing we need is a free-for-all soapbox to scream out all of our unrestrained, unfiltered thoughts.... on full volume.... for the entire world to hear.... any time, all the time.

Mark my words, it's going to speed up the inevitable arrival of the apocalypse once and for all, I tells ya. You heard it here first, folks!

Yup, I hate social media with a passion and wish it would just die already before it kills us first. :|

When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that they are people.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that they feel real pain.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that not everyone is rooting for you.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that some things should be shared with friends only.
    We are losing our ability to discern, to navigate the mass of humanity that is not always humane.

Social Media is turning people into automatons who are motivated by checkmarks, the number of likes, and ticks on a page, rather than people who are motivated by love.

Ironically I lost my shyness towards people thanks the anonymity in the chat in the mmorpgs. Because then and there nobody did care how I looked or spoke, how my writings are, I was very insecure about myself. People have only judge me about what I was talking or how good I've performed. With the time, the good feedback I've overcome that shyness in reallife, although I'm still rather live in the shadows than in the spotlight. But that was a time, where it was called in general and expecially if you are a woman, never ever reveal yourself in the internet, there are weird people in the internet and they are hunters. And then the social media came. I saw how fast hate came into these and how people start judging each other again, the stalking in reallife, all kinds of crimes. That kind of internet or social media isn't my world.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not sure if unpopular opinion but I don't really care about farming and I'm not that impressed by the new world Henford-on-Bagley either.

Same, I bought it (on sale and with a voucher) on the off chance that it would interest me but it didn't. I suppose not every pack will be for everyone and that is ok
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    Not all of these are strictly related to gameplay and such, so I'm not too sure if these count - please bear with me :#

1. I don't like most of the popular male premades like, let's say, Salim Benali or Caleb Vatore. This of course depends on where you look, but they do appear quite a lot as love interests in SimLit etc, so I'd say they are fan favorites regarding TS4. Personally though, neither my Sims or I care about or get along with them. :D
    2. Many "Challenges" are way too structured. I generally like trying new things (e.g. new trait combos or new ways to make gameplay a bit more difficult), but a lot of Challenges already lay out everything in great detail. You must use a very specific combination of traits and aspiration, advance in a certain career, meet Sims in a specified way, build and destroy relationships as planned and even have to stick to a certain family structure when advancing to the next gen. This doesn't give me any fun ideas or spice up gameplay, it forces me to just follow a script step-by-step. I'd spend more time reading the rules to not forget anything instead of playing, and it's incredibly boring.
    3. Likewise, many types of Challenges / storylines are so overdone. For example, there are so many Berry / Not so Berry type of legacies, and none of them are all that different. Mostly it's just the goals and colour names that vary slightly. As for story-based Challenges and SimLit... A lot of them follow the same basic story. Of course, these stories can still be done well and this isn't anything against people who like them. But they have gotten predictable. Absolute classic: Beautiful young woman moves onto an empty lot as is the rule with legacies. Bonus points if her backstory consists of heartless, violent parents and running away as a teen. Either way, she basically lives on the streets, and must somehow manage to survive two days of nonstop painting and selling her works until she can afford a small house. Those first 48 hours are very rough, you see! Once she's got a house - all necessities, not very pretty though - she meets a guy and he always gets her pregnant shortly after - only to immediately abandon her, of course! Again, bonus points if it's good ol' Don Lothario. So the poor girl considers herself extremely poor despite making a couple thousands every day with paintings by now and also worries about her pregnancy. Of course, she is supported by her best male friend (who had a crush on her from the start). She suddenly realizes only after he dedicated his entire existence to serving her that she's "deeply in love", so they marry shortly after the baby is born. Doesn't take long for her to get pregnant again, bonus points of it's twins or triplets and the house is still too small somehow. This kind of drama continues for another three generations, at which point the story is usually dropped.
    4. You cannot "fix" TS4's timeline, and it makes me physically cringe when I see people claiming to do it. It's very obvious that TS4 isn't the same timeline as the other three games. It's not a major mistake regarding the story, it's more like a reboot or alternative version of the lore we know. So there is nothing you could correct. Even if you copied all of TS2's households etc, it still wouldn't be right, because they're still stuck in the towns that are very obviously not Pleasantview etc. Ugh. Making a continuation of TS2's story instead is another thing and totally cool imo, but don't just copy the entirety of TS2's households and praise yourself for fixing a timeline that wasn't broken in the first place, because it is not the same timeline you based your "fixed version" on to begin with.
    5. "Sims 4 could never" posts are equally terrible. Criticism is fine and important, but that exact quote makes me cringe (also, I'm sorry for using that word so much). Like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. You can say you missed X. You can say you wish it was in TS4. But for some reason, commenting "TS4 could never" makes me completely disregard said comment. It sounds incredibly annoying, and I think that if you dislike something so much, just formulate proper criticism. Oh, and those comments often aren't even in discussions / forums about Sims 4, but its predecessors. Seriously! If it's about TS4, post it in TS4 places! It's no fun to check out a TS3 discussion, for example, and be hit with easy like "TS4 bad". I want content related to the game that's the point of the thread / forum! Also, I can't help but think "Sims 3 could never run without crashing / without mods". I love both TS3 & 4, but I'm tired of the latter getting bashed on sites that aren't even related to it! Similarly, I've seen people say just how incredibly boring TS4 is, how they're burnt out, etc. Which is fine, really. But some turn it into some huge drama, instead of simply uninstalling and going back to older titles. Again, criticism is good. But wasting all your time hating on something just for the sake of hating is just... Silly.
    6. I just don't think most Sims YouTubers are enjoyable at all. Nothing against them personally obviously - and I'm sure at least the majority put a lot of work in their videos - but either the content itself is boring, or I dislike how it's presented. There's also this thing with clickbaity thumbnails. Sure, these are everywhere, but I just wonder if bigger creators think they're really necessary to get those clicks... I just don't get it. When I do find content I like, it's usually the execution that... Sorta sucks. Now, I'm not going to drop any names (or give examples bc most of yo could probably still figure out who I'm talking about). Not to chicken out, but I don't want to make it sound like I'm badmouthing these creators. It's really just some criticism, but you know. Don't want to mention anyone in particular here on a forum thread. In a nutshell, I just wish there was some more variety to Sims content on YouTube, and that (some) people wouldn't rely on stuff like clickbait and so on. I just stopped searching at this point.
    7. I tried TS2 a couple times. Intrigued by all the storylines, but I just can't get into actually playing it. It's not fun at all. I keep trying, but it's not enjoyable at all. I just resorted to reading up on storylines I've missed, and sometimes recreating some families I'd like to play in 3 or 4.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I dislike most, if not ALL of the rainbow decals and textures in MWS. They are mostly executed horribly and are not a good notion of LGBTQ+ support.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2022
    Monet11 wrote: »

I feel you're close to the mark but not exactly there.

I don't think the issue is that we're not as face to face as we used to be, I think it's the lack of civic engagement, failure to teach social sciences, and failure to teach media literacy.

Social media works more or less through AI algorithms that appeal to our most base of instincts and just feed us more of what we want.

The "partisanship" we're seeing at a global level today is beyond the ability of even the most vile politicians to engineer. It's the AI of social media - which has learned how to make a "SkyNet" that won not by being smarter and having killer robots, but by being dumber and making us laugh at memes.

You want sugar, social media gives you a spoon, then a bucket, then it feeds it intravenously only 3 clicks in...

We have a massive lack of engagement outside of our 'safe spaces' on all sides and at a global level. A few generations ago most countries had some form of mandatory public service - usually military but not always. That exposed people to others who were not like them. We need that back - not as military, but as some form of mandatory public engagement where the youth have to learn that other kinds of people exist...

2 or 3 decades ago most news media in "democracies" was required to be neutral, fact-centric, opinion-free, and when an issue had more than one reasonable side to present them.

Now media can be fact-free, full of opinion, biased, and it only seems to present "both sides" when one or both of them is based in radical extremism - all because these things work to drive up fear; which increases engagement.

The news used to be boring. It should be boring. The next time you're watching your favorite news source and it's NOT boring ask yourself just what you're being brainwashed with. If it's making you fearful or angry at people unlike you - turn it off. If it's making you laugh and nod in agreement - realize you're being duped.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

There are many posts from me saying Hemsford was NOT the pack for me and I was only going to buy it to be a completionist because the topic just wasn't my thing. I believe I more or less said it was good to see because I could see the value for those who liked the topic, but I have zero interest personally.

So of course, it's basically the MOST PLAYED pack for me since it came out. Half my gameplay is farming now.

:blush:
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I think all gurus, expect the community manager should stay out of social media and livestreams.

Do Interviews with them here and there, they can release blog posts like the neigbourhood storie or patch notes and thats it. They should just focus on making the game fun, while the community manager or official the sims account can gather feedback and handle things professionaly
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited February 2022
    chonkie wrote: »
    Not all of these are strictly related to gameplay and such, so I'm not too sure if these count - please bear with me :#

1. I don't like most of the popular male premades like, let's say, Salim Benali or Caleb Vatore. This of course depends on where you look, but they do appear quite a lot as love interests in SimLit etc, so I'd say they are fan favorites regarding TS4. Personally though, neither my Sims or I care about or get along with them. :D
    2. Many "Challenges" are way too structured. I generally like trying new things (e.g. new trait combos or new ways to make gameplay a bit more difficult), but a lot of Challenges already lay out everything in great detail. You must use a very specific combination of traits and aspiration, advance in a certain career, meet Sims in a specified way, build and destroy relationships as planned and even have to stick to a certain family structure when advancing to the next gen. This doesn't give me any fun ideas or spice up gameplay, it forces me to just follow a script step-by-step. I'd spend more time reading the rules to not forget anything instead of playing, and it's incredibly boring.
    3. Likewise, many types of Challenges / storylines are so overdone. For example, there are so many Berry / Not so Berry type of legacies, and none of them are all that different. Mostly it's just the goals and colour names that vary slightly. As for story-based Challenges and SimLit... A lot of them follow the same basic story. Of course, these stories can still be done well and this isn't anything against people who like them. But they have gotten predictable. Absolute classic: Beautiful young woman moves onto an empty lot as is the rule with legacies. Bonus points if her backstory consists of heartless, violent parents and running away as a teen. Either way, she basically lives on the streets, and must somehow manage to survive two days of nonstop painting and selling her works until she can afford a small house. Those first 48 hours are very rough, you see! Once she's got a house - all necessities, not very pretty though - she meets a guy and he always gets her pregnant shortly after - only to immediately abandon her, of course! Again, bonus points if it's good ol' Don Lothario. So the poor girl considers herself extremely poor despite making a couple thousands every day with paintings by now and also worries about her pregnancy. Of course, she is supported by her best male friend (who had a crush on her from the start). She suddenly realizes only after he dedicated his entire existence to serving her that she's "deeply in love", so they marry shortly after the baby is born. Doesn't take long for her to get pregnant again, bonus points of it's twins or triplets and the house is still too small somehow. This kind of drama continues for another three generations, at which point the story is usually dropped.
    4. You cannot "fix" TS4's timeline, and it makes me physically cringe when I see people claiming to do it. It's very obvious that TS4 isn't the same timeline as the other three games. It's not a major mistake regarding the story, it's more like a reboot or alternative version of the lore we know. So there is nothing you could correct. Even if you copied all of TS2's households etc, it still wouldn't be right, because they're still stuck in the towns that are very obviously not Pleasantview etc. Ugh. Making a continuation of TS2's story instead is another thing and totally cool imo, but don't just copy the entirety of TS2's households and praise yourself for fixing a timeline that wasn't broken in the first place, because it is not the same timeline you based your "fixed version" on to begin with.
    5. "Sims 4 could never" posts are equally terrible. Criticism is fine and important, but that exact quote makes me cringe (also, I'm sorry for using that word so much). Like 💘💘💘💘. You can say you missed X. You can say you wish it was in TS4. But for some reason, commenting "TS4 could never" makes me completely disregard said comment. It sounds incredibly annoying, and I think that if you dislike something so much, just formulate proper criticism. Oh, and those comments often aren't even in discussions / forums about Sims 4, but its predecessors. Seriously! If it's about TS4, post it in TS4 places! It's no fun to check out a TS3 discussion, for example, and be hit with easy like "TS4 bad". I want content related to the game that's the point of the thread / forum! Also, I can't help but think "Sims 3 could never run without crashing / without mods". I love both TS3 & 4, but I'm tired of the latter getting bashed on sites that aren't even related to it! Similarly, I've seen people say just how incredibly boring TS4 is, how they're burnt out, etc. Which is fine, really. But some turn it into some huge drama, instead of simply uninstalling and going back to older titles. Again, criticism is good. But wasting all your time hating on something just for the sake of hating is just... Silly.
    6. I just don't think most Sims YouTubers are enjoyable at all. Nothing against them personally obviously - and I'm sure at least the majority put a lot of work in their videos - but either the content itself is boring, or I dislike how it's presented. There's also this thing with clickbaity thumbnails. Sure, these are everywhere, but I just wonder if bigger creators think they're really necessary to get those clicks... I just don't get it. When I do find content I like, it's usually the execution that... Sorta sucks. Now, I'm not going to drop any names (or give examples bc most of yo could probably still figure out who I'm talking about). Not to chicken out, but I don't want to make it sound like I'm badmouthing these creators. It's really just some criticism, but you know. Don't want to mention anyone in particular here on a forum thread. In a nutshell, I just wish there was some more variety to Sims content on YouTube, and that (some) people wouldn't rely on stuff like clickbait and so on. I just stopped searching at this point.
    7. I tried TS2 a couple times. Intrigued by all the storylines, but I just can't get into actually playing it. It's not fun at all. I keep trying, but it's not enjoyable at all. I just resorted to reading up on storylines I've missed, and sometimes recreating some families I'd like to play in 3 or 4.

With the exception of your first point, I strongly agree with you.

1. I use all of the premades as interesting townies, not baby daddies or incubation machines. I kind of find that kind of play a bit..ick.

2/3. I also don’t find “Challenges” interesting, at all.

4. TS4 is it’s own game. People should just get over it.

5. People who go all over media just to bash the game are annoyingly monotonous. You know, the “I don’t play it anymore because I hate it, but I’ll just spend hours telling you what I hate about it” crowd. Don’t like it? Fine. Move on and let others enjoy the game.

6.Most YouTubers are unnecessary.

7. And TS2 is my least favorite version of the game. It might have a lot going on, but it’s too intrusive and restrictive for my preferred style of gameplay. I do notwant TS4, or any future version of the game, to be a just duplicate of TS2.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top