Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice from Pose Pack Lovers?

Hi there! I don't see any threads on this topic in several years. I REALLY want to get into some pose packs because I am so tired of not being able to have decent family portraits or things like pictures of an adult with a child other than selfies etc. Does anyone have important general advice about using them, or specific suggestions of favorites to try? Are there are any potential risks or challenges to using them? Is it complicated? It's something I feel intimidated trying to figure out but I'm sure once I start I won't be able to turn back. Thanks for any advice you can offer!
My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3

Comments

• Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    The only risk is that you’ll fill up your mods folder with poses and spend all your time taking photos. Just be careful of downloading from creators who hide their stuff behind adfly - that site can expose your computer to some nasty viruses. Once you do it a few times, it gets much easier and you have a feel for how it goes. I’d try to find some YouTube tutorials so you can watch someone do it.

When I first started, it used a lot of my sim’s time to perfect everything and move everyone around. Since I wanted pictures of every family, I made a spin-off save that I used just for photos. If you put all your photos in a room and save it to your gallery, the photos can move between saves. Totally not a necessary step, but I found it took pressure off me to not need to worry about the game clock, and I don’t need to do that anymore since I have the hang of it.

Ts4-poses on tumblr is an incredible resources. Their master list sorts all the tags so you can find specific types of poses. As you’re getting started, I’d first look at what kinds of photos you want to take and download just a few poses that will get you what you want; it’s really easy to download more than you’ll use.

I’d also look at ravasheen’s iso camera and photo overhaul mods since you want to take portraits in-game. You can set up that camera on a tripod or other surface in front of your posing sims. Then your posing sims can take the picture themselves instead of needing an extra sim to take the photo. The other advantage is her photo overhaul mods get rid of the white mat around your photos.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @HavenRose Thank you so much for taking the time to write all that. Exactly the kind of helpful direction I was seeking. Much appreciated!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3