Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SoulGal7
    Poor Dylan, he's just so mixed up right now with his love life. A few drinks to take off the edge now and then isn't a bad thing, but I hope he doesn't make a habit of it. Great date out dancing for he and Sofia. And they have their first kiss. It'll be interesting to see what happens with this little love triangle developing between Dylan, Sofia and Morgan.

@afai1261
    Had Aaron went there from the gym? Seems our Sims don't change their clothes for the weather when they travel from there currently in a towel. Ugh, Cale gets that angry moodlet a lot from his hot headed trait. Thankfully it usually is overridden with other moodlets, as with Alessandra. Those two are so cute together, it reminds me of Essa and Josh so much! I have to keep reminding myself he's supposed to be a player who will eventually suffer the consequences.

It's probably quite obvious, especially from last year that I enjoy writing romance and love blooming between just one couple utterly and totally in love. I can't do that this year, at least not yet. It's been a true challenge for me making Cale go after and hook up with so many ladies. I've never played a Sim like that. Ah well, it wouldn't be a challenge for me if I played this the same way every time with relationships.

I really like Greek Mythology too, but I don't know a lot about it so I had to look up love stories in the stars to find the Perseus/Andromeda story. In my head canon, Cale would sneak away when dealing with his Step-Dad became too much for him and watch the stars. His Mother would often join him whenever she could and tell him stories. It was a nice Mother/Son bonding moment for them and meant a lot to both of them. It was the one time they both could put aside everything and just...be free.

Good to see Guidrey showing up again and giving Hunter some great advice on how to deal with Temperance. Hey Bonehilda! Good to see her too! Can't wait to see her kick Temperance's butt! I've never summoned her in my game, yet. But I've heard she's quite the character. hehe

Oh how sweet you've reunited Adonis and Galatea! I wondered if perhaps you had that in mind when she showed up earlier. I'll have to refresh my memory by reading their story again though to remember what you mean about their relationship from the past. It's been awhile since I read their story. Glad she joined the club and Congratulations on completing the aspiration! I haven't even started it in my challenge yet. HAHA!

Oh geez, gotta love glitches in this game. Aaron looks so bored and annoyed standing in the middle of that kiss. hehe Then having Morgan sit there with him? Must've been terrifying for him. o.O Oh man, lovely club name! I have no idea what I'll name Cale's club, probably something extremely cheesy like Essa's 'Triple Threat' and then 'Eight is Enough' last year. hehe

@permanentrose
    Ooo, love the daily post pic of those three bad boys! They look great! :) Thanks for adding them to the club! Love, love, love the Moschino photography elements with all those poses! They all look great posing with Robin. Tsk, Cale! Always angry it seems and of course getting some lovin' from a pretty girl always cheers him right up! So he's with Piper now, that is so cool. Man, she looks SO much like Essa, it's uncanny. Ah, yes, saw that coming that she'd break up with Cassie. It just wasn't going to work for them. I think Cassie is just too mellow for the adventurous Robin. Congrats on finishing the aspiration! Great job!

@LegacySims2017
    Yes, I was so happy to see her in the club and knew she'd cheer him right up. He's admired her for a long time now and there's been a spark (at least in my head) between them right from the beginning. Yeah, it just made sense since she's a Spellcaster she'd invite him to the Realm. I'm excited for next month. Obviously I love Spellcasters, I have almost as many of them in my game as vampires. :)

I think your Love Day for Valentine's Day was the most romantic of everyone's, it was wonderful! Yeah, the ladies just seem to love muscles for some reason. At least in my game too. hehe I'm glad more are showing up in my game now. They didn't very much in Mt. Komorebi. The Teen Neighborhood lot trait really helps with that. Hmm, maybe he is waiting for just the right moment to make an appearance. Perhaps involving a pretty girl, wouldn't surprise me. hehe
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    Aw, yay, Robin showed up in your game! Love that hairstyle on her too. It will be fun for DJ to properly the existence of vampires - and perhaps all magical beings :)

Love the date with DJ and Caitlin! Their matching outfits are so cute, and I love that Caitlin dyed her hair pink! She seems like the kind of girl who would dye her hair to match the situation haha. Great photos at the club - poor DJ technically getting jealous about her flirting with the DJ though. She's gonna break that poor boy's heart. Fun first woohoo for DJ too :)

Also Robin does meet DJ soonish in my game. I'm pretty far ahead with playing right now, so I don't think he'll show up until my update for the 20th or something like that.

@Karababy52
    I can tell you had a lot of fun with your update with Alessandra. She does play a very special role in Cale's life. Perhaps its good they can't be together, since Cale still has a lot of serial romancing to get out of his system, and it would be a shame for him to ruin things with her or make her upset, so it's kind of nice that they can't even go there yet. She could be a better option for when he's more ready to settle down, if you do decide they are the ones with the most chemistry. Relationships between teens and YAs is always that grey area - both you and I basically did it last year haha, so I understand for sure how that chemistry is often there (there's a few YAs in my game I've felt a little tempted for Robin to flirt with, but I've decided to keep into teens for now, as I still kind of view her as a younger-ish teen. Next month is when I think she'll start to feel properly 18). I do have settings that allow teens/YA relationships in my game but I usually only allow it under very special circumstances so it doesn't end up feeling creepy....haha. Anyway, it is always fun to do something unplanned for an update, and you have SO much time to get this aspiration done. It's kind of crazy that I'm done already, gotta keep doing random stuff now to keep this story going haha.

I did feel like it was a little lame for Robin to lead the club. Skylar would have definitely been the natural choice, but I thought it would just be easier to have Robin lead the club she already had instead of starting from scratch. I definitely did have time though to have her start her own club though haha. My story telling gets a little lazy and far fetched sometimes but I do my best to make it work :D

Cale's gonna end up playing a pretty big role in my updates over the next few days (and probably the rest of the month), I'm pretty excited for his little story arch. I think he's gonna be the reason she moves again next month too :D I have a plan brewing haha...

And yes, with her hair color and eye color especially, Piper really does look a lot like her mom (though there's definitely some Damon in her jaw line and some other features I just can't put my finger one). So Cale is with Piper in the moment haha, though it's not exclusive, I think he's gonna be a bit of a player in my game too, got a few ideas with that ;)

@SoulGal7
    Aw, super sweet update with Dylan and Sofia <3 It's fun to see Dylan doing the serial romance/100 bae challenge, but in a different way than me and others are doing in this challenge. He's definitely taking the time to get to know each girl for the right reasons and you're developing their stories well based on their background info. You've always done a good job with that :)

Glad you liked seeing Dylan in my game! With him in the club, he's gonna start showing up more, and he has a pretty big role in my update tomorrow too :)

@afai1261
    I did consider having Robin start her own club, but having her overthrow the leader was something different to try, and it's working out well, even though as I said to Karababy, it probably would have made more sense for Skylar to be the leader. If I decide to have Robin leave the club when this month is over, then Skylar will definitely take over. Debating if I want to have this club (or some sort of club) for Robin long term though. I never really play with clubs, but it can be a fun feature to explore!

Love Hunter's face in your daily photo. He's like, "I'm just too over this all to even be properly scared anymore." :D Love Bonehilda haha. She's such a fun sim to have around, definitely hope you get Temperance and Bonehilda at the same time at some point! Robin and Melissa are so cute, UGH. I can't wait for Robin to find "the one" in my game and just be cute all the time. Intrigued to see where you story is with Adonis and Galatea!

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 15th: Mr. Popular

Today's Accomplishments:
    Friend of the World
    - Have 20 friends

LIoj6H0.png
    When Kaori and I woke up the next morning, she gave me a kiss and said she had to back home early.
    nCpUJ5k.png
    We said goodbye and she ran off to the ferry. I traveled to the Cafe in Olde Platz and had a croissant for breakfast. Maaike joined me, but seemed to avoid looking directly at me for some reason, even as we chatted.
    lWl9IQE.png
    After I finished my croissant, Moira came over and asked if either of us would like to play ping-pong with her. Maaike declined saying she avoided all sports while holding a book, so I volunteered to take her on.
    Y8exzBk.png
    We had a rousing game, but I ended up beating her by one point. She was a fairly good sport about it, shaking my hand in congratulations. (She did stomp her foot afterwards, but that's understandable).
    7oFflGH.png
    Meanwhile, Maaike seemed to really be enjoying her book.
    O5oZ7xm.png
    We all started chatting and were joined by Paolo who was to be in a bad mood.
    1WFv2gS.png
    I recommended some wellness exercises for the calming of the mind, and soon he seemed to be in a better state.
    arhqW1P.png
    We ended up talking all morning and became friends in the process. I excused myself around noon, and headed back to the pool where I ordered clam chowder for lunch from the food vendor.
    S7HDd3I.png
    I began our club session and led Sofia, Morgan, Jade, and Candy in an energizing routine.
    pOWNU8k.png
    I'm very impressed with all of them, but Sofia is ahead of the rest of them and is almost as good as me now. After class and a shower, Sofia and Morgan were waiting for me by the manicure chair. Sofia explained her mother had told her I was good at giving manicures, and was wondering if I would be willing to do hers.
    8JIBG4m.png
    Morgan said that she also would like hers done if there was time. I laughed to myself, maybe I really should expand my services into manicures. I started with Sofia who chose out a light pink polish.
    SBTdAab.png
    After I finished, she examined them carefully and thanked me excitedly, saying they were perfect.
    uT5DzeJ.png
    Morgan was next, and of course she picked out black.
    6jl2707.png
    By the time I finished, it was getting late, so I ended our meeting, said goodbye, and headed back to the Olde Platz nightclub for more of those fish and chips; they really are the best there. Maaike was there, without a book this time, and pulled me into another game of foosball against Moira and Gunther.
    kv2Roqg.png
    We lost 5-3, but we had a good time!
    HfN3iYV.png
    Windenburgians really seem to enjoy their foosball, it is a great way to make friends I guess.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Had Aaron went there from the gym? Seems our Sims don't change their clothes for the weather when they travel from there currently in a towel.

[...]

Oh how sweet you've reunited Adonis and Galatea! I wondered if perhaps you had that in mind when she showed up earlier. I'll have to refresh my memory by reading their story again though to remember what you mean about their relationship from the past. It's been awhile since I read their story. Glad she joined the club and Congratulations on completing the aspiration! I haven't even started it in my challenge yet. HAHA!
    I actually have a mod that makes sims wear towels after showers on any lot, not just gyms. That's the reason Aaron was just wearing a towel to decorate the Winterfest tree in my day 14 update :D With that mod they will usually automatically go to a dressing table to change back into their regular clothes but only if they have nothing else queued up.

With regards to Adonis and Galatea, the storyline I was referring to (with her boyfriend who is non-existent in this save) was what happened before her bachelorette (with the risky woohoo incident lol) and not her relationship with Adonis per se. I just adapted that part from Maggie's challenge for this save but I'm not following it completely. Like obviously in Maggie's save, Gal and Adonis didn't meet until they were both YA and here they're still teens, etc. The two will still end up together as they did then, but without the whole bachelorette thing :D This is an alternate universe so it's allowed haha.
    Really I'm putting in way too much work for what will just be a background story but eh whatever I love lore :joy:

I'm not planning on fully resolving the Galatea/Adonis arc until Britechester though, since I have Glimmerbrook to get through first and Adonis won't be heavily involved in that story arc (unless he inserts himself hahaha). I do want him to attend university with Aaron though :)

Oh also there is no-one else for Adonis other than Galatea. I genuinely cried when they died at the same time in Maggie's challenge because they were honestly so perfect for each other and an ending like that where neither would have to live without the other was just... yeah. So I had to put her in this save for him <3
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 15: "Aaron"

LMXPZZm.png

Notes
    Zdu40ov.png
    Once again when Cale was sleeping, Aaron walked by his house. This time though Cale was almost fully rested so I had him get up and go chase him down.

9C2Xesf.png
    They're Snow Bros so autonomously greeted each other with a High Five.
    "Heyyy! Aaron, how are you man? What're you doing in Windenburg?"
    "Cale! Good to see you! Hunter and I moved here."
    "Cool, can you hang out for a bit or do you need to be somewhere?"
    "Sure, I can stay for a little while. Hunter won't be awake for a couple hours at least. I was just going for my morning walk."
    "So you live in this neighborhood? Fantastic! Let's go inside and catch up."

cjUzxX8.png
    Cale got dressed in something a bit warmer than just sweat pants and the two decided to have a game of chess while they talked.
    "I haven't played this very much, uh, I think I can move this prawn here, right?"
    "It's called a pawn, but yep, you can."
    "Pawn! Sheesh! Told you I don't know much about this game."

tCeEUnw.png
    "Now what?"
    "It's my turn, hmm..."
    "Oh, yeah, of course, D'uh. I'll never figure this game out."

5UqqogE.png
    "You'll get it, it just takes lots of practice."
    "By myself?"
    "Sure, why not?"
    "Seems kind of boring to play by yourself."
    "Well, play with your friends when they come over or play in the park."
    "Hmm, well, I don't know very many here, except a few girls, and when they're here, they don't want to play games. Well, at least board games." *wink*

SeFbbFA.png
    "I'll teach you. If you want? However for today....checkmate!"
    "What? Oh man. How'd you do that so fast?"
    "hehe Because I'm goooood!"
    "Gah! Got that right? I give up! Let's do something else, okay? Wanna dance? I feel like some Metal."
    "I LOVE Metal, bring it!"

EnJa1Hs.png
    "Wow Cale, that's a lot of girls on the wall over there. Former girlfriends? Or relatives maybe?"
    "Well, they're girls and my friends, so yeah, girlfriends. But not like you think. I just...well..."

T9xurBL.png
    "I like to take a photo of every girl I've 'been' with, if you know what I mean. Sometimes together, sometimes just them."

wk9CoYs.png
    "All of them? Including Robin?"
    "You know her?"
    "Yeah, we're friends."
    "That's cool, I didn't know that. She's a sweetheart."
    "I agree."

3H7Ol6y.png
    "They're all sweethearts. Gah! I just love them all. I can't help myself Aaron, I can't stop with just one. They all have something special. When I'm with them, I think, this is it, she's the one. Then I see another pretty girl and think the same thing about her. Girls, I just...cant get enough! I always want more!"

aq7n7yb.png
    "I don't know how you do it Cale. How do you keep them from getting jealous of each other?"
    "Wellll, I guess I've just been lucky...at least so far. A couple told me that I have a rep, that they all know, or something. I even had one walk right into my house in Mt. Komorebi looking for some action."
    "Seriously? That's incredible."
    "Yeah, so, hey, they don't seem to mind, so why not, right?"

GncV38O.png
    "I guess...I could never do that though."
    "Yeah, I know. You and Hunter, how did you know? I mean, that he was the one for you?"
    "I don't know, it's just a feeling you get, you just know. I couldn't stop thinking about him, love everything about him. When he wasn't there, I missed him, when we're together, it's just, it's magic I guess. I can't explain it Cale, like I said, you'll just know."

PFD1BHA.png
    "Maybe...I guess I won't worry about it. Even if it never happens, I'm having fun, they're having fun, maybe I just won't settle on one at all. Anyway, hey, I've been thinking about starting up a dance club. Would you be interested in something like that?"

qWYHpDN.png
    "A dance club huh? Well, could Hunter join too?"
    "Of course! We could just hang out and have fun together, doesn't just have to be all about dancing. I just thought it would be a fun way to get together with friends, maybe meet some new ones too."

4zKKnyp.png
    "Ohhh, I see. Good way to meet girls too, I got your number Dude."

oAmDi0g.png
    "Well, yeah, I'll admit the thought crossed my mind. But, honestly, I don't have many guy friends, just you and another guy I met in Mt. Komorebi, my best friend Joel and his brother, but they're older. Otherwise just lots of girls, not a bad thing, but... well, I miss having friends my own age, guys, to hang out with. Does that make sense?"

IXUCOPA.png
    "I get it. You're thinking just a group of friends to hang out, with no pressure or temptations for anything more than that, right? Just a group of buddies."
    "Exactly! A buddy group. Hey if we do this, maybe we could call ourselves something with 'Buddy' or "Buddies' in the name. Or Best Bros?"

GCyFD01.png
    "Yeah, I like that! That's not to say we couldn't meet other girls/guys at the nightclubs though, maybe entice them with our moves."
    "You're such a horn dog Cale, always thinking ahead for your next conquest, aren't you?"
    "I can't help myself, it's an addiction. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a sex addict or something."

Tb00zib.png
    "Maybe, but so far nobody's getting hurt, so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll know when it's time to settle down, or maybe that just isn't for you. Not everybody has to find 'one' person to love. It's not a rule or anything, nobody 'has to' get married, have kids, and all that. Despite what a lot of people want us to believe. It's not a bad thing to not want that Cale. You're a great guy, don't be so hard on yourself."
    "Thanks, I think I needed to hear that....okay, whew, well that got heavy in a hurry. Sorry, I'm just a bit messed up still I guess."
    "It's cool Dude, anyone would be having the kind of life you've had so far. Like I said, don't worry about it and let's just have some fun!"
    "Sounds good to me!"

Aaron and Cale just danced together and talked about their 'buddy' club more before Aaron said he had to go. Hunter would wake up soon and he didn't want the guy to worry about where he was.

KkcTucw.png
    The two friends made plans for the next day to get together and talk more about the club. Aaron would bring Hunter with him and he could help with ideas too. Or maybe they'd just play it by ear and hang out. They'd decided to just go with the flow, have some fun and bounce ideas around between them, including who else to invite to hang with them.

Mq9asDX.png
    "Bye Dude and thanks for everything. I'm so, so glad you're my friend."
    "Hey no problem, see you tomorrow."

4quxYeG.png
    Cale watched Aaron walk away with a small smile on his face. It was good to have such a friend. He needed more just like him. Though that would be a hard feat to accomplish. Aaron was one of kind, at least to Cale.

jZEr92o.png
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my February 15th post above! I apologize for it, but I took a bit too much time writing for this update and now it's time to get some sleep. Comments/replies will have to wait until tomorrow. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    edited April 2023
    February 16
    oslu9R7M_o.jpg
    Honestly I think this is going to be another boring non-story update, it was just another club meeting but this time with everybody and that's so hard for me to write :joy: But this time it was at the Ancient Ruins. Fun!
    I feel like I've been doing these non-story updates so often recently though but it is what it is.

"So I took your advice and got a seance table... it's awesome!"
    jIlKks5.png
    2XFHBDt.png
    4Y9MLqd.png

JgNMSVT.png
    CjRWggR.png
    T2sJfDc.png

While Aster hits herself in the face with the light sticks, Cale goes for a jog. Cale! Go make sure your lady is okay!
    CIKreoD.png
    aGCt7ya.png

Looks like she's fine though haha
    WmyTv4w.png

Hunter and Aaron make a snowpal.
    3pH4Oix.png
    uwJkAtS.png

And it looks very... um... interesting.
    0XddPzm.png

Pretty colours!
    MDzMKtW.png

Aster is the only one doing literally ANY of these club activities :joy:
    IGbX43o.png

The others are all being... well, TEENS... 3 out of 5 teens here are on their phones, one is such a nerd she's doing her homework, and one is staring into space lol
    6XpR60U.png
    Ee3ReQ7.png
    T5yY7HO.png
    SQ3G0T2.png

Melissa, why are you doing your homework if it makes you this miserable? This is a club gathering and it's meant to be fun!
    klzEiqC.png
    Lol maybe homework should be a banned club activity :joy:

Aaron finally brought 3 of his club members over to the bonfire so he could show off
    ZMT2P7F.png
    Don't ask me what the other 4 are up to :D

Hunter and Aaron ended the night by cuddling up by the fire <3
    3J4ewRY.png
    taVg7tH.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @permanentrose
    Feb 15: YESSSS love everything about the daily pic! Dylan, Cale and Aaron all look so good! So happy that Aaron's part of the club!
    The guys in ripped jeans are awesome additions to the Disco Dreamers ;)
    The pics of Robin with each of the guys look great! <3
    Hahaha of course Cale went for Piper!
    Good that Cassandra wasn't too bothered about Robin breaking it off.
    And I love that we both gave Cale vampire ladies for him to love ;):D

@RememberJoy
    Feb 15: Awesome progress with Adam, 20 friends is an impressive feat!
    Hahaha Maaike really enjoying her book had me laughing for far too long :joy: I love that picture of her so much :D
    Looks like Adam has a new business venture doing nails ;)
    Also wow Morgan looks good with those muscles (I'm sorry I just love her lol)

@Karababy52
    Feb 15: Ah! Aaron! Yay!!! :smiley: I've read this update so many times, it made me really happy haha.
    So glad that Cale could go out and say hi to him this time!
    I love that they played chess together. Haha at "prawn" :D
    Oh no, Aaron discovered the conquest wall lol
    I'm so happy that you're letting Aaron join Cale's club! Thank you! Oh, and Hunter too? Yessss!
    Aww Cale adores Aaron <3 These two have such a good friendship, I love it!

@Shadami
    Feb 9: Oh Selena! You have a crush on Velma??? Aldo looks so over it and I feel bad for laughing at that picture of him :D
    Hi again Aaron, he's showing up everywhere today haha.
    Impressive set of skills and relationships there Velma! Congrats!
    Yeah the lifestyles have been bugged like that forever, I think even since SE came out... I have them turned off in my game because I think they're annoying as heck lol
    Wow 4 stars! Nice one! Can't wait to see what Velma gets up to in Windenburg :smiley:
    February 16

Lfbm8Mf.jpg
    Dylan called up Robin and suggested they meet at this snazzy new club he had discovered, The Blue Velvet. @SoulGal7
    p4g0bnM.jpg

Dylan was very preoccupied though. He's obviously had his eyes on one of the club members as well ;)
    NXM0vi0.jpg

What a charmer.
    fFkGgEI.jpg
    Nx4hUuq.jpg

However, as one romance was beginning, another was nearing its end.

"I've been meaning to talk to you," Robin told Skylar softly.
    yGIO1eX.jpg

CxKdLik.jpg

pTREnwO.jpg

--
    So I really hate writing break up dialogue apparently haha. I tried several times and just wasn't feeling it, though once again I feel like my images say a lot. Robin's reasons were that she felt like she was falling too fast for Skylar and wasn't ready for that kind of relationship again. She wants some time to properly discover who she is outside of a relationship, so she asked Skylar if they could just be friends, so less traumatic than actually breaking up. Also they still need to exist in the same club together so this felt like the better option.

I really like Robin with Skylar, and they have amazing chemistry, but I still need to make some progress with this serial romantic aspiration before I have Robin settle down, and I don't want her to cheat on Skylar. But Skylar may be an option she comes back to - their relationship has been such an unexpected gem <3

---
    Decided to add just a bit more to this update too :)

After calling things off with Skylar, Robin decided to dye her hair back to it's natural color, and I even found this nice hairstyle that keeps her new length but also has the same style as her longer style from last month. I quite like her with a side part. She also has her original braid style from Cottage Living for a few outfit categories too, so that's still a good hairstyle for her too, just for anyone who is updating her looks in their game but doesn't want to keep up with all the CC I use :)
    6biaAyd.png?1
    RV5M7KA.png?1

Robin has been enjoying getting to know herself better too and focusing on building up her skills and hobbies instead of worrying about being in a relationship.
    DP28bD9.png

She maxed out the DJing skill too.
    bwEQOot.png

Which means that I can finally get rid of that monstrosity and give her a proper living room.
    Fa0JbXT.png
    f9Ik66h.png

Life is good for Robin. She has good friends, her garden is keeping her financially afloat, and she's figuring out who she is :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited February 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb15.jpg
    February 15: What's Mine Is Yours!

Special Appearances By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    J.D. got up early around 4am to sneak out. He didn't want to wake Caitlin and especially didn't want to wake her parents. He quietly got dressed and headed to the front door. Luckily, he could unlock it without too much noise. Hopefully when the parents wake up, they don't realize someone unlocked it and rather maybe think Caitlin just forgot to lock when she got home.

dj-02-129.jpg

D.J. slept a couple more hours in his tent before having to get up and get ready for school. He felt it would have been awkward explaining to Caitlin's parents he slept over. He could have blamed it on the weather, but he didn't know them well enough to lie and get away with it. They seemed to be high maintenance parents.

During classes, he received two voicemails. Phones were discouraged to be used during classes, so he waited until after to check them. He did see ahead of time that one was from Adam and the other was from Aicha. Adam left a message that he had a request in regard to the next yoga club meeting and to give him a call back or come over to his house later. Aicha left a message to D.J. that his book is ready and like the first one, he should stop by the library and give his seal of approval and grab the first copy.

The library was closer and then he could catch the boat to the Crumbling Isle where Adam's house was. He was excited to meet up with Aicha. They went over the book together. D.J. had no objections with it. Not only did he grab the first copy, D.J. asked if he could have another. Aicha said it was his book, he could really have all the copies he wanted.

dj-02-130.jpg
    dj-02-135.jpg

Next stop for D.J. was Adam's house. Adam had a request he wanted from D.J. Adam explained to D.J. that he would be leaving town this weekend. He managed to set up a couple college interviews to teach yoga and meditation classes. He was pretty stoked. Adam thought this would be a big step as he loves to share his knowledge of free spirit. D.J. was very happy for Adam, but was curious what that had to do with a request from him.

Adam then asked D.J. if he would be willing to run the Beautiful Minds group this weekend since he'd be out of town. Adam continued and added that he felt with all the dedication D.J. has been putting in and shared about his meditation walks in Mt. Komorebi that he is a perfect fit. D.J was honored. He made friends with everyone in the group. D.J. said he'll call them up and let them know the next outing will be at the gym.

Adam shook his head and told D.J. there was no need. He got up and said to stay put for a moment and left. When returned, Adam handed D.J. a key and said he could still run the club at his house. This will help so the group doesn't have to remember to bring their own mats. Adam also knew of D.J.'s living arrangements and said he could have the house for the weekend as well. D.J. was speechless. He didn't want to accept the invitation, but he also loved the idea. Especially when it's been nonstop snowing since he arrived. Adam finished by stating he's leaving Friday night, so D.J. can have the place then or anytime on Saturday. He'll be returning home Sunday night.

dj-02-132.jpg
    dj-02-133.jpg

D.J. arrived back at his tent. He was thrilled, but nervous at the same time. He was never put in charge of anything before and running a club can't be an easy job.

dj-02-134.jpg

Outtakes:
    I noticed Cale outside the library. Ugh! I wish he would have gone inside and at least hung out. And he would have been warmer. :lol: He's alluding my story right now. This is the second appearance he made now while D.J. wasn't in sight of where Cale was. First one, D.J. was at school.

dj-02-131.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    February 15th Comments:

@afai1261
    Yay for Aaron finishing the Aspiration. I cracked up that he wouldn't look at a skeleton maid in the sockets. :lol: I probably would have freaked out a bit, too. Glitches can be so much fun!

@permanentrose
    I love the bad boys daily image. They look like they'll fit right into the club. :lol: Congrats on Robin finishing the Aspiration. Looks many are finishing well in advance. D.J. should be completing his soon. :smile: It tends to be one of the easier ones.
    I liked that Robin was talking to Hunter in my gameplay. I want it that once a Sim is an occult-bound, they kind of know and are familiar with all types. I think it's funny that Caitlin's parents are all proper and she's not. She's a rebel. :lol: Can't wait for D.J. to meet Robin in your gameplay.

@Karababy52
    Yeah, I set the Nightclub as a Teenager Hangout trait. Quite a few showed up, but only two Challenge Sims one. :astonished:
    That looked like a fun hangout day between Cale and Aaron. :smile:

@RememberJoy
    Adam seems to be a jack-of-all-trades. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2022
    Feb 10 - An Unexpected Meeting

disco-at-night.png
    Dylan and Sofia parted after he kissed her, and Sofia just stared at him and he could see that her cheeks were flushed.

wow-dylan-that-was-so-grat.png

Dylan: "Oh gosh...I probably shouldn't have done that after I just told you I didn't want to commit to anyone. You just looked so...oh man...you're just so cute Sofia...and I...I just don't want this to ruin anything between us...I'm not a player you know...I'm this guy who just wants to be with one girl...I really am...I'm just...I'm just confused right now...and I think I might have had a bit too much to drink...I'm sorry, Sofia..."

Sofia: "Dylan, don't apologize. It was...it was wonderful. I was feeling the same way...I was rather attracted to you when we first met...and I...I wanted you to kiss me...it was good. We can...we can kiss... In fact, I think we should try that kiss again...don't you agree?"

and-then-things-started-to-get-hot-and-heavy.png

Dylan gazed at Sofia, "Yes...yes, we should..." he said as he held her close and kissed her again, only this time she kissed him back...and all Dylan could think about was how Sofia felt so warm in his arms...and the smell of the floral scent that she wore. It was a heady experience.

They parted and Sofia gave a nervous laugh. They stayed together for a few moments just holding hands, and then Sofia said they should get down to the dancefloor to take advantage of those 'bumpin beats'. Dylan was actually glad for a little distraction.

Dylan: "Yeah, you're right...those beats sound good..."

Sofia: "Plus I'll get to check out some more of your moves on the dancefloor...because you are really good..."

come-on-sofia-dance-with-me.png

Dylan laughed thinking of how he had stolen glances at Sofia while she was dancing, "You were checking me out?"

Sofia winked at him, "Yeah...just a bit..."

They headed down the stairs together and went right up near the DJ booth. Dylan was thinking that this was a terrific night.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

veronica-entered-the-disco-and-looked-around.png

Veronica Villareal entered Discoteque Pan Europa and surveyed the dancefloor. Normally, Veronica came with her Dance Crew, the Starlights, and they literally took over the dancefloor, but tonight she was here alone. Rehearsals for the Dance-Off Contest started next week, and she always went a few days ahead to several venues in Windenburg, to see if there were any good dancers who she might want to add to her Dance Crew. You know...just in case any of the current members were just not up to par any longer. Veronica prided herself on having the best Dance Crew members, and she had heard that some new Dance Crews had started up this year. Veronica was not going to be usurped as the reigning champ by some newcomers, and so tonight she had decided to go to Discoteque Pan Europa to check out the scene.

veronica-saw-sofia-dancing-with-some-guy-who-had-incredible-moves.png

As she looked around a sim caught her eye on the dance floor. Wow! Who was that guy? She had never seen him here before. She could not take her eyes off of him. And as she looked around she saw other female sims looking at him too. The guy could move...really move and Veronica was just mesmerized by him. She couldn't make out his face, because he was dancing with his back to her. Not that she minded, though, because he seemed to be in really great shape, and his back view was quite nice to watch.

who-was-that-guy.png

Veronica thinking: "The guy is "sex on legs". Oh my gosh! She had to somehow get this guy on her Dance Crew. He was probably good looking, too, the way the other females were fanning themselves." Veronica smoothed her skirt, and was just about to walk over to him when she saw some movement beside him.

vernica-wants-dulan.png

Veronica stood against the wall and peered at them, "Sofia? Was that Sofia? What was she doing here? Was Sofia with that guy? They seemed to be dancing together. Was Sofia seeing him...or did they just meet?"

that-was-rather-chummy.png

She watched them some more and saw Sofia and this guy giving each other a rather intimate embrace. Veronica thought they looked rather cozy together. And from what she could tell...the guy was rather good looking. She had to get a closer look. But, there was definitely something between Sofia and this guy, because she saw how the guy watched Sofia as she left.

dylan-watching-sofia-leave.png

Veronica narrowed her eyes, "Well, Sofia, once that guy meets me, he's going to forget all about you. But first, I have to snag him for the dance crew...and then I'll snag him for myself. Now what type of girl might be like...he probably likes sweet girls...yes...shy, sweet girls...I can be that girl..."

Veronica watched him a bit more and saw that he was heading to the bar area. "Perfect," she thought, "I'll just go and casually introduce myself..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dylan watched Sofia leave the club and thought about their night together and the kiss they had shared. He smiled, knowing that he would see her tomorrow again. He didn't want to head home just yet, and decided to stay and just sit at the bar and listen to the DJ.

he-had-had-a-couple-of-drinks-he-wasnt-sure-how-many.png

He really should have headed home, because his head was starting to feel a bit fuzzy, and the effect that Sofia had had on him when he kissed her, was making him feel rather flirty.

dylan-didnt-want-to-leave-so-he-went-upstairs-to-get-another-drink.png

He sat down at the bar and another sim sat down at the same time. He put up his hand to order a drink, almost at the same time the other sim did. He gave her a sideways glance.

Dylan: "Oh geez...I really need to go home before I do something stupid. That sim is one hot babe..."

He pulled out his phone and started playing a video game to distract himself, "Dang! I just kissed Sofia...and we had a fun time together...and then there's Morgan...who I also have feelings for...and now this hottie sits beside me...no...I don't need any more babes in my life...I'm already confused enough..."

Veronica caught his eye and smiled at him, "Sul Sul! I don't mean to disturb you, but I've never seen you around here before. Are you new in town?"

oh-hes-pretty-cute.png

Dylan answered politely: "Yes...I just moved here....do you...um...do you come here a lot?"

hi-i-havent-seen-you-here-before.png

Veronica: "Well, I haven't been here in awhile. They usually have some good music on Saturday night...and...well, I kind of like to dance..."

Dylan smiled, "Yeah? Me, too. First time I've been here. My name's Dylan....and you are?"

Veronica: "Veronica...nice to meet you Dylan. I actually moved here a few years ago myself. It's just so hard meeting new sims, don't you think?"

They went on to chat and Dylan thought that Veronica was rather nice. He ordered another drink.

dylan-was-feeling-the-effects-of-the-drink-and-couldnt-remember-when-he-had-last-ate.png

Veronica: "Dylan...I hope you don't think I'm a stalker or anything...but I was kind of watching you before on the dance floor...and you really have some great moves..."

Dylan laughed, "Yeah, so everyone keeps telling me. You know, I never danced much until I got to Windenburg..."

Veronica: "Really? Oh gosh...well, I think you are really good..."

They chatted some more and Veronica noticed that Dylan had started to slur his words a bit. And he was really looking intently at her. She knew that look.

i-saw-you-on-the-dance-floor-you-have-some-amazing-moves.png

Veronica smiled sweetly: "I bet a good looking guy like you probably has a girlfriend...all the nice guys always do..."

Dylan: "Er...no...no...I don't have a girlfriend...and you...I bet someone as good looking as you probably has a boyfriend...?"

Veronica looked down demurely and then looked lovingly into his eyes: "You...think I'm good-looking? Why...thank you...no-one has really said that to me before....but no...no...I'm single..."

Dylan met Veronica's gaze, and noticed her eyes were blue-grey...such an interesting shade, and before he could stop himself, he said "You have really nice eyes...I could get lost in those eyes..."

Veronica licked her lips, "...and I could get lost in yours, Dylan..."

They seemed to stay like that for a moment and Dylan felt like they had a connection. They took a photo together and exchanged numbers.

pic-with-vernonica.png

Veronica thinking: "Oh my plumbobs! The guy is HOT! And his lips...so full and sensuous...I bet he's a good kisser....and he's not like some of those full-of-themselves guys...he doesn't even know he's hot...he doesn't even know he's a great dancer...I mean really, really good...and the way he moves on the dancefloor...dang! I am getting hot just thinking about what other moves he might have...this one is a keeper...and I want him...this will be easier than I thought..."

maybe-youd-like-to-dance.png

Veronica flirted with him a bit, "Dylan...I was just wondering if....if...maybe you wanted to dance...um...with me...?"

ready-for-the-dance-floor.png

Dylan looked at her thinking, "Geez. Veronica was really nice, and she doesn't even know she's good-looking. She seems so shy and sweet, and...I...I kind of like her. What would it hurt to dance with her, right?"

"Sure", answered Dylan. They got up and Veronica gave him a smile as they went to the dance floor together.

dylan-and-veronica-dance.png

Dylan watched her dance and realized that she was a fantastic dancer. Wow! It was too bad his Dance Crew was full, or else he would definitely ask her to audition. He was sure that Jade would have thought the same if she had been here to see Veronica dance.

They finished dancing together, and Veronica laughed and brushed up against him.

Veronica: "You know...you are such a great dancer, Dylan...you should join my Dance Crew..."

dylan-ill-help-you-there.png

Dylan: "You're in a Dance Crew? Oh yeah...it figures...you're really good. Look, um...Veronica, excuse me for a minute, I have to go and use the facilities," he said feeling a wave of dizziness come over him, "I think they're upstairs..." he looked up and things were definitely spinning as he tried to steady himself.

Veronica saw him sway and grabbed his arm, "Oh Dylan, are you alright? There's a restroom downstairs, and you can hold onto me. I'll help you get there safely..."

Dylan gave her a dazed smile, "Yeah, thanks...I...I'm not like this normally...just had too much to drink...and...no food...."

Veronica smiled sweetly at him, "It's alright Dylan...I'm here for you..."

They made it downstairs and Veronica showed him where the restroom was, "I'll wait here for you, Dylan...to make sure you're alright..."

here-it-is-dylan-are-you-going-to-be-alright-ill-wait-or-you.png

As soon as he was in the restroom, Veronica took out her lip gloss and applied it, and dabbed some of her musk perfume to the nape of her neck. She then posed near the door waiting for him. She definitely had to get Dylan for herself. She would be the most envied sim in Windenburg, having a hot stud like him on her arm. And what Veronica wanted, she usually got. And right now, she wanted Dylan. And he most surely will join the Starlights Dance Crew once he knew she was in it. Piece of cake.

He came out and saw Veronica standing there, and he walked towards her, "Wow...you smell good..."

Veronica batted her eyes, "Oh, I just freshened up a bit...and...put on a little perfume...it's not too over-powering is it?"

Dylan: "No...no...it's nice...I like it...." he said. Dylan stared at her longingly. Veronica looked so sexy right now. Dylan thought how easy it could be to just take her in his arms and kiss her neck and her lips and her...oh geez...he had to get a grip. He continued, "...And it was so nice meeting you, Veronica...I...I really like you..."

Veronica moved closer to him, "Oh Dylan...I like you too..." she almost purred.

so-you-thinking-what-im-thinking.png

Dylan inhaled Veronica's musky scent and saw her smiling at him...she was so nice...so pretty...and those eyes...those eyes...and suddenly it's as if he realized where he was and who he was with, and he took a step backwards.

Dylan put his hand to his head, "Um...thank you for helping me down the stairs, Veronica...but... I...I...have to go...I'm just not feeling myself right now..."

lookyour-cute-but-im-interested-in-someone-else.png

Veronica: "Oh Dylan...did I do something wrong? We can sit together...if you want...if that will help..."

Dylan looked at her. She was really so nice. But he had to go before he did something he would regret, "Veronica...I really enjoyed chatting with you...but I really have to go...I'm sorry...I'll...I'll call you..." Oh geez...that sounded like a line.

Veronica put on her most hurt look: "Okay Dylan...I understand...we'll...we'll talk later...be safe..."

Dylan continued up the stairs and mumbled good nite.

if-i-cant-have-him-nobody-will.png

Veronica watched Dylan walk away and the rage built inside of her, "He rejected me? He didn't even give me a hug good bye and Sofia got one. Unbelievable! What hold does Sofia have over him? She can't get him. I am way more attractive than she is. The boy is mine! Something happened. He was going to kiss me...I know he was. Maybe I was too sweet...maybe I should have been a bit more aggressive. I can't believe this just happened! TO ME!! And I didn't even get him in my Dance Crew. This is the absolute worst night ever!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Veronica Villareal is a sim I added to the game. Her backstory is that she is Luna Villareal's cousin. She is an only child and lives with her father, who is also wealthy, and a brother of Jacques Villareal. Veronica's father needed to concentrate on his business in Selvadorada and live there for a few years. Since his daughter, Veronica, is very talented in the arts, he had arranged for Veronica to stay with his brother, Jacques, and their family, while Veronica attended the Windenburg School For The Arts. Veronica's father, unbeknownst to Veronica, is also in the Criminal Career, and looks after a large import "plant" business. Luna, as well, does not know that her father is in the Criminal Career.

In my story, Veronica's father is Matteo Hamilton (renamed Villareal) who is a Maxis sim from the Get Together trailer.

I needed a "mean" girl to be the Captain of the Starlights Dance Crew, and I could not bring myself to have Luna be that sim. I needed Veronica to be wealthy and live in Windenburg for story purposes. Veronica, in fact, is downright evil in what she will be doing in my story, and serves as a catalyst who will move the story forward. Luna and Sofia are best friends in my story.

I downloaded this wonderful sim from the gallery, aged her down to teen, changed some of her facial features, and changed her traits. Her original name is Veronica Lodge (from the Archie comic series...or currently the Riverdale tv series.)

riverdale-veronica-lodge-orig.png
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 16th: Trouble in paradise

mmn0F5l.png
    I started my day with breakfast at the pub and ran into Candy. She said she was scoping out places to hold a dance party she was planing to DJ. I revealed my interest in learning how to DJ and she offered to sell me one of her old portable sets for 500 or so simoleons.
    EoHtkQn.png
    I gladly took her up on her offer and am now the proud owner of a slightly used DJ setup. I set up the booth right there in the pub I was so excited to give it a try.
    SmLNfIH.png
    A couple hours and a half dozen complaints later, I began to get a feel for this skill and packed up and returned to the pool for a lesson. I snagged most of the Renegades including Max this time, along with Sofia who hangs around the pool a lot lately. I led them in a focusing routine, thinking quiet introspection would do Max some good...
    0VXQogQ.png
    I was wrong.
    xd7G0rz.png
    I went down stairs to practice my charisma skills in a mirror in the bathroom, and Sofia caught me.
    acnDuaQ.png
    She said she had an important thing she wanted to discuss with me, and asked if we could talk alone. We went to stand by a fireplace in the lobby and she gave me a hug.
    3s5M9AH.png
    "I really love you Adam, and wish so much I could be with you". I pulled away, uncertain how to respond to this. "I know you're in love with Kaori, and she seems like a really nice girl, but do you have any feelings for me at all?"
    g28yAyu.png
    She raced on before I could answer, "If you say no I'll leave it be and never ask again, but if you have any feelings for me at all I want to know". She stopped and looked away, waiting for an answer. "Sofia", I said taking her hand, "I'd be lying if I said I hadn't felt an attraction towards you, you're smart, beautiful and fun to be around, but..." I trailed off unsure how to finish. She suddenly leaned in and tried to kiss me but I stepped back in surprise.
    IUE1AwW.png
    Sofia's face told me she had misread where I was going with this and she looked away turning red.
    PLaHqR7.png
    "I'm sorry Adam, I shouldn't have done that. I don't know what came over me". I composed myself and tried to smile, "I almost wish I'd let you, but I love Kaori too, and I don't want to betray her trust". I leaned in lowering my voice, "I haven't told anyone here about this, but Kaori and I had a child together".
    QPGoxyl.png
    Sofia looked shocked. "Wow, I had no idea Adam".
    PRFGhhh.png
    I nodded, "That's why I feel so strongly about this, I don't want to let her or our child down. I've got certain responsibilities now". "Well I feel like an awful sim now", Sofia groaned, "You have a tiny mouth to feed and here I am just wanting a night of passionate romance".
    3af0uCR.png
    I laughed, "I should have revealed my little secret earlier, there was no way for you to know. But Sofia, please, let's just be friends. I really value your friendship and don't want to lose it". "Very well Adam, I'll try to put my feelings for you away, I value our relationship too".
    g28yAyu.png
    There was a blizzard raging outside, but I needed to get away to process what had just happened. I trudged over to the nightclub and had some dinner before heading to a private DJ booth to play with my new skill some more.
    xMoz258.png
    As I was really getting into the groove I looked up to find Sofia watching; I almost jumped out of my skin.
    PAUZAwE.png
    "Sorry Adam, I didn't mean to startle you, I didn't realize you knew how to DJ. I came in here expecting to find people dancing". "It's OK, I just didn't hear you come in. What do you think so far"?
    wuUH6Ha.png
    "Well..." Sofia dragged out dramatically, "I'm sure you'll improve greatly".
    qfwft2o.png
    I laughed, "What can I say, I'm a beginner". Sofia looked down, "I just want to say sorry again Adam, I'm glad we're friends".
    5QMduFX.png
    I came around and gave her a hug,
    Bcd6Aav.png
    "Me too".
    edited February 2022
    Hi All, I hope everyone is doing well. You are all doing so great on your stories and progress. Woot! Time for some comments. Have a great day/night!

@LegacySims2017 -
    Feb 15 - lol sneaking out of the house after a woohoo with Caitlin! And back to his tent! Please make this guy a shack! Thinking of DJ sleeping in his tent in the winter is making me cold! lol Nice that DJ has another book published, and got 2 copies. And, alright, Adam is going to check out some colleges, and gives DJ his house for the weekend? And asks DJ to run Beautiful Minds? Oh wow! Adam is a great friend. :)

Feb 14: Oh nice outfit that DJ has on and that was so sweet of him to give Caitlin a rose. The DJ is a wild and crazy place go on a date. And...what? Caitlin is flirting with the DJ on their date? OMG! But I guess it was fine, since they made out in the closet downstairs. Naughty, naughty! lol And love that dip on the dance floor...you old smoothie, DJ. And the after-party? My...my...my...first woohoo for DJ! Woot!

@permanentrose -
    Feb 15 - Oh, so excited to see Dylan in your up-date. Oh my gosh, who did he meet now, and giving her a rose? Another club member? Oh Dylan...yep, he is smooth...hehehe... Oh and Robin and Skylar break up :( Oh I love Robin's new hairstyle. The lighter color definitely suits her. And congrats for maxing the DJ skill.

@RememberJoy -
    Feb 16 - Nice to see Sofia in your up-date who is in love with Adam...and then finds out that Adam and Kaori have a child together! That cooled her jets...but nice that they are still friends. And Adam starts DJ'ing. Cool. His yoga classes are still going strong, and trying to help Max focus...um didn't work. lol

I just wanted to say that your update on Kaori visiting Adam was really very sweet, and I think that Adam really appreciated a visit from her. Nice!

@afai1261 -
    Feb 16 - Love the club meeting at the Ancient Ruins. Yes, it is supposed to be a club meeting...you would think...but...maybe you should have texting and browsing web as club activities. You would get a lot of club points that way for sure. I love the cuddle by the bonfire with Hunter and Aaron...and that snowpal is cute. :)

@Karababy52 -
    I don't think I have commented on your stories in awhile...sorry about that...but I did want to say that I love Cale's new house.
    Feb 15 - All about Aaron. hehehe And they discuss the wall of beauties hehehe Cale is going to have to have a lot of walls in his house for this challenge...for his baby mamas, and his kiddos. hehehe Nice chat he had with Aaron and glad they are going to have a dance club together. Nice!

@Shadami -
    Feb 9 - Oh gee...It looked like Aldo was serenading Velma from outside. And Selena was not happy about Velma leaving and wanted to chat with her non-stop. (and possibly flirt with her, too). So, will Velma be in a new house in Windenburg? I always find it hard to move from one place to the next and am always worried they are going to "lose" stuff. Woot! Velma did well on her skills, too. And she dislikes dancing? And Dylan had dislikes yellow, too. So odd. The option never came up...it was just there one day. I wonder how that happened.
    edited February 2022
    @SoulGal7
    Yes, Kiki is another club member - she's Sakura and Wolfgang's daughter! :)
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @SoulGal7
    yup. I think in the 8ths post was when she went out dancing and she had just such a miserable time she ended up hating it. I think it will be something that she has to confront and find the enjoyment of over time. :3 so I accepted that she doesn't care for it right now xD
    The yellow.... Might have been there from the beginning? I'm honestly not sure?
    edited February 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb16.jpg
    February 16: Return to Mt. Komorebi!

After school, D.J. packed up a few things from his tent and made his way to the bus station and grabbed the next bus to Mt. Komorebi. He was excited to meet some of his old friends. Pun intended. He stopped off at the Hazakura Lounge, the first local place he went to when he first arrived. That's where he met other locals.

The Mixologist behind the bar was new to him. He waved hello and asked for an order of fries. There was a red-headed gentleman in a tuxedo at the microphone. D.J. sat down at the bar. The gentleman at the mic was talking about how aliens have invaded and taking over other Sims bodies. D.J. looked around. It was just himself, the Mixologist, and this crazy guy in the Lounge. D.J. gave a skeptical look at the Mixologist. The Mixologist said, "The guy's been doing that for the past couple days here. Didn't care if it was just him to listen. He is traveling around spreading the word. As long as he doesn't cause any trouble here, he can spew his nonsense." D.J. chuckled. He thanked the Mixologist after finishing his fries.

dj-02-138.jpg
    dj-02-139.jpg

D.J. wished he saw more of his elderly friends, but he assumed they were probably not interested in what that guy in the Lounge had to say. He made his way over to Enele and Nawai's house. Hopefully they were home.

dj-02-140.jpg

D.J. found Enele upstairs. He told Enele he had a surprise for him. He had giftwrapped it in a box rather than just giving it to him. Enele wasn't expecting a gift. He was just nice to see D.J. again. Enele opened the blue gift box to find a book inside. The title of the book was called 'Extreme Sports Enthusiast'. D.J. told him to open it up and look at the first page. The inside page read, 'Dedicated to Enele, Nawai, and Derumk Hauata!' Enele didn't know what to say, so he gave D.J. a hug.

dj-02-141.jpg
    dj-02-142.jpg
    dj-02-143.jpg
    dj-02-144.jpg

D.J. and Enele sat down for a while and did a bit of catch up. D.J. told Enele all about his new adventure in Windenburg. That he still lives in his tent, but has a group of friends he hangs out with on weekends to do yoga and meditation.

dj-02-145.jpg

It was getting late and D.J. had a few other plans, so he bid farewell to Enele. He made his way to the Mt. Komorebi Gym. He had to do the wall climb while he was here. Doing so brought back many good memories.

dj-02-146.jpg
    dj-02-147.jpg

Afterwards, D.J. took a shower from being all sweaty and changed back into his clothes. He hiked his way up the slope and grabbed one of the usable sleds. From there D.J. pushed himself forward and down the hill he went. He had so much fun going down. And he was proud he didn't even crash at the bottom.

dj-02-148.jpg

Reaching the bottom, he handed over his sled and went to the Simmies vending machine. He bought three Simmies, but only two were new ones for his collection.

dj-02-149.jpg
    dj-02-150.jpg

D.J. wanted to finish his evening off in the hot springs at the Sutefani Onsen Bathhouse. Once he was fully relaxed, he got changed and took the bus back to Windenburg.

dj-02-151.jpg
    dj-02-137.jpg

Outtakes:
    This is Lia. Lia is wearing a sleeveless top, shorts, and tennis shoes. Lia is out in the middle of a blizzard. Don't be like Lia! :joy:

dj-02-136.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited February 2022
    @SoulGal7
    Yes, Kiki is another club member - she's Sakura and Wolfgang's daughter! :)

OMG! How could I forget Kiki! I love that name...and...I was going to make a further comment about the "blue" hair...and then you told me it was Wolfgang and Sakura's daughter in your game. OMG! Yes! I love it!
    In some future update, Dylan will have blue hair, I almost had it for Windenburg, but then changed my mind!
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 16: "A Brother is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit."

0XuEO5E.png

Notes
    YlCQ2OD.png
    After Aaron left, Cale made some phone calls to see about getting a dance floor, preferably a portable one since he wasn't supposed to make any major changes to his rental. Unfortunately, everywhere he checked either didn't have the right size or were out of stock.

He was about ready to give up and just not worry about the rental's wood floors getting scuffed up, even if that meant he wouldn't get his deposit back. But then, Josh called to chat and during their convo he told him about the club idea and his dilemma. Incredibly, Josh told him Essa had several dance floors from when she had a club and offered to bring one over.

Cale couldn't believe his luck! Later that night Josh brought over a 'used' dance floor that looked practically new to his eyes, and helped him install it. He'd also brought a laser light as well in case Cale wanted to use it. Of course he did!

"Thanks man, the guys are gonna love this, I love it!"
    "Hey, you're welcome, glad to help! You know we'd do anything to help our little Bro!"

vj0Dhdi.png
    "Hunter Brothers always look out for each other, right?"
    "Right! Wow, this is so cool! Should we check it out, have a dance?"
    "Definitely!"

iAeOtVo.png
    Cale turned on some Summer Strut and the two Bros got their groove on together.
    "Nice moves, been hitting the clubs a lot?"

88ssZAY.png
    "Nah, not really, just a couple of times. But I did some dancing in another club I belonged to in the past."
    "You had another dance club?"
    "Not exactly, it was more of a...a, well, a fight club actually. But we did other stuff too."

3cP6V72.png
    "A fight club! Whoa, sounds brutal."
    "It was, but we had fun. Mostly fought for the right to, uh, 'be' with the girls that hung around us. I guess you could call them groupies. I miss hanging with those guys, but I don't miss some of the stuff we did. I wasn't a very nice guy back then. I'd rather leave that stuff in the past."
    "Okay, that's cool. I've learned a few tricks over the years too, just from dancing with Essa. I wasn't in her club, but we love dancing. Check this out."

vahOEDM.png
    Josh suddenly launched himself up into a backflip.

wak7w5c.png
    Unfortunately, he didn't stick the landing.
    "Ow, guess I'm a bit out of practice. Haven't done that in years."
    "Are you okay?"
    "Yeah, I'm fine, vamps heal fast. I'm good."

o8BRujB.png
    Josh showed off a few more moves without incident after that.

B6tEjfJ.png
    Including the light sticks that really impressed Cale.
    "Ohhh Yeahh! At least I can still do this!"
    "Can you teach me how to do that?"
    "Sure, no problem."

Josh showed Cale how to use the light sticks and a rudimentary routine for them that he could show off to the other guys when they got together.

8mew9Hg.png
    They danced for a little while more after that and then took a break to play a video game together.

bdSuFFs.png
    "So cool you like video games. I haven't played much myself, more of an outdoor kind of guy."
    "Oh I am too, but it's good to have a variety of stuff to do. Essa and I have been playing video games together since she was a teen."
    "You must be pretty good then huh?"
    "You could say that."

ysf69V2.png
    "I'd say you're more than just 'pretty good.' What was that move? I've never seen it before."
    "Just a little something I picked up at a tournament a few years ago."
    "Tournament? What are you, a pro or something?"
    "Top three in all the worlds, yep."

nQSyNzM.png
    "Oh yeah? I might not be a pro, but I know a few tricks myself Dude."
    "Bring it!"

btaE5ie.png
    "Bravo Cale, nice move. I'd forgotten about that one."
    "Thanks, one of my fight club buddies showed it to me. That Dude was almost as good as you."

qUvFlDl.png
    "Whoa! Did he show you that move too?"
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"
    "Okay, well, since you're obviously got some experience and moves, I'm not playing around any more, get ready Cale, you're going DOWN!"

iZGHlZQ.png
    "What! the...? Oh mannnn!"
    "Wooo Hooo! Told you! I win!"

2Mt9rb7.png
    "Dangit! I quit. I don't wanna play anymore."
    "Oh come on Cale, don't be a sore loser. You'll never learn if you don't keep playing."
    *sigh* "Yeah, I know, you're right, whatever."
    "I should go anyway, Essa keeps whispering sweet nothings in my head trying to entice me to come home. Hard to ignore that sexy voice if you get my drift."
    "I'll always get that drift." Cale said with a chuckle and a wink.

Z14ncmk.png
    Cale walked out front with Josh and followed him down the steps. They both just happened to look up at the same time noticing all the stars twinkling above. The rain had finally stopped and left behind clear skies for the darkness of night to display it's treasures.

Josh said he had a bit more time than expected before he had to go since Essa was taking a bath before bed, so the two did a little stargazing together. Cale was very pleased to find out that activity was something else they both enjoyed.

fEwe8So.png
    "Hey, wanna know a secret?"
    "Sure."
    "See that group of colored stars over there, you have to squint--"
    "--to see them, yep, I know, that's the Magic Realm."

cTs1RJ7.png
    "How'd you know that? Oh, I bet Essa told you, right?"
    "No, actually it was someone else, another spellcaster."

PCgt2jK.png
    "A very beautiful spellcaster with sparkling light blue eyes, long black hair and full lips that look so soft. But, I'll never get to taste them."
    "Ohh, someone special eh? Why can't you kiss her though? That doesn't sound like the little Bro I know."
    "Well, usually I wouldn't let anything stop me, but I don't have a choice with her. She's older and, well, she thinks I'm just a kid. We're friends though."
    "Cale, age is just a number. I thought the same thing about Essa, she was only a teen when we met. I almost lost her because I thought it wouldn't be right to let her know how I felt, since she was too young. If you like this girl, let her know."
    "Hmm, maybe I will...someday."
    "Okay, but don't wait too long, you might miss your chance if you do. Just remember that."
    "I'll try."

Cale was exhausted by this time and went to bed. He couldn't wait until tomorrow when Aaron and Hunter would come over to discuss their club, especially now that he had a surprise to show them, thanks to Essa and Josh. Josh said good night and sped away. I thought he had left. However...

TJh0mTh.png
    He'd went around back to make himself a drink at Cale's bar first. He never could resist a bar. Some things never change eh? Love you Joshie!
    (Love you too Watcher, always...)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited April 2023
    February 17
    4MAzKVwZ_o.jpg
    *Might update this post tomorrow, or might not to be completely honest. Comments will also be coming tomorrow because I feel too tired and mentally drained right now.
    I do have story bits planned out for the transition to Glimmerbrook but that's not for a while yet so may get through the rest of the February posts without any story. I'm still figuring it out.

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited February 2022
    February 17

YZ1S7tX.png
    Noticed this crew walking by when I logged in :D
    kDr9hMm.jpg

Aaron wanted to hold their club meeting at the Bluffs later that afternoon.
    LJUriG3.png

I don't think I've actually ever visited this lot in the snow. It's gorgeous!
    KUejhCO.jpg

XVB1q7A.jpg
    K0UcxPz.png

Cale and Robin ended up having a chat by the pool.
    AFSEim1.png

"There's something I need to talk to you about..." Cale told her.

"Sure," Robin said. "I'm all ears. But also, do you know where Piper is? I thought things were going well with you two."

"Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about. She's kind of mad at me right now since I kind of, well...started seeing something else on the side... And that someone else turned out to be crazy. She's obsessed with me, and she keeps showing up at my doorstep and insisting we're soulmates. I was wondering if I could stay with you for a bit, while things calm down..."
    1GQk1lw.jpg

Oh, Cale, what are we gonna do with you? :D "Of course you can stay with me," Robin chuckled. "We'll get it all sorted out."
    XxxeQru.jpg

Also it was Winterfest lol. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring holiday pop ups when I can't be bothered with them, so I honestly forget until Father Winter showed up and joined their dance party :joy:
    5ctwRJB.png
    A1tjnrM.jpg

She got a Slablet, which is actually a useful gift! She gave Father W a frog she had caught in return.
    zc3GGbq.jpg

Oh, there's Piper, she finally decided to show up, and fitting in with my story, she does look quite displeased :D Also, Dylan, don't let Kiki see you looking at Piper like that...
    XrzMLOV.png

Father Winter joined them for a swim, until everyone started to freeze to death and it seemed like a good idea to call it night lol.
    ARuJR9s.png

--
    So Robin asked Cale to be her roommate, and he agreed. I always wanted to try out that feature in a residential lot. I know it will probably be super annoying like in the dorms but I have some reasons for Cale moving in and I didn't want to control him actively, so I'm trying it out!

So I did get a few screenshots of Cale and Robin being roomies, decided just to include them in this update as well.

Why so sad Cale?
    KzzJORK.png

Here, have some popcorn and you two can have a movie night.
    qK9wuxY.png
    jvvxT63.png

Looks like the movie is terrifying Cale while Robin looks bored out of her mind :D
    Nh6krSd.png

Robin has set up her air mattress for Cale.
    32bKLnG.png

Thanks?.... :D
    aqPipWV.png

I am enjoying seeing what he autonomously does haha.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I started Windenburg last night and then fell asleep xD hopefully today or this weekend I will get more time.
    *Updated my February 16th post above. I apologize for not getting this updated last night or posting comments/replies. It had been a long, exhausting day of shopping for two weeks worth of supplies and I just couldn't keep my eyes open. Anyway, comments/replies coming up next. Today's update will be posted later this evening. I hope y'all are having a fantastic day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Yes, it's a good thing they can't be together yet. if she ends up being the one. I've purposely not had Cale pursue her in any real way just for the reasons you mentioned. Even if he doesn't end up with her, at least his options for it will still be open. :) That's another reason I haven't explored a teen/YA relationship this year. I could, have a mod that allows it, the same as you. But Cale is only 15-16 at the moment and I picture Alessandra around 20.

Yes, unplanned updates are fun! My last one was unplanned. But when Josh showed up at Cale's door, I ran with it and it turned out fun having them hang out together. There's still 11 days left of this month, so plenty of time to finish the aspiration. It'll begin seriously in my next update though. I want to at least give them some time to hang out together a few times before the end of the month. :)

In the past, the aspiration required our Sims to take over an existing club, but they must've updated it in a patch at some point. It certainly would make for interesting and dramatic (especially in Robin's case) stories doing it that way instead of starting one from scratch. I might try that someday. Ooo, well now, this sounds interesting! Can't wait to see what you have in mind for these two. Sounds like maybe you might get them together or something. Just like in my challenge! ;) I guess we'll see soon!

Ah, well dang, poor Piper. But yeah, he is a bit of player, as intended, so I guess it's not unexpected they wouldn't be exclusive. You're right, I can see her Dad in Piper too, definitely. :)

LOVE your daily post pic! Those pillars remind me so much of Stonehenge. They must be special for some reason since the Devs took the time to light them up. I could never find any lore about them though.

Awww man, what a bittersweet update. One relationship blossoms while another ends. I'm glad they'll at least remain friends. Love Robin's new look! I've downloaded that hair and updated her as best I can. At least the one outfit you showed. I just kept the rest until I see screenshots of her wearing other outfits to update them. :) I'm glad she's in a good place with her life now, and Congrats on maxing out the DJ skill! Decided Cale wasn't going to pursue that this time. However, he now has a dance floor where his dining set used to be. hehe

Roommates! Oh boy, this is going to be fun to read! hehe I bet it is interesting to see what he does autonomously. I just hope he doesn't get too angry from the hot headed trait and start antagonizing Robin, picking a fight or anything. Looks a bit benign for the moment though. Who knew he liked to bake cakes? hehehe Not surprised how he ended up in this predicament either. An obsessed stalker? That's hilarious. Poor guy, I guess that's what happens Cale when you can't stick to one girl *cough+ Piper *cough* like you should! Ah well, he just loves the ladies a bit too much I guess. hehe Still curious how he ends up being a catalyst for her move to Glimmerbrook. But I love surprises! Weeee! Thanks for including Cale in your challenge in this way. I hope you're enjoying playing with him. :) So funny how Father Winter showed up there and gave out presents to Robin. hehe And then went swimming with them too! hehe Dude gets around!

@afai1261
    Oh! You have a mod for the towels, that's cool! I love that idea actually. Makes more sense they'd wear a towel when coming out of the shower/tub everywhere and not just the gym. That's hilarious! I wondered about that. hehe I think Ellu might have that same Mod. She used to start her updates with Melody in a towel doing different things in the morning. hehe

I haven't had time to look up and read Adonis and Galatea's story again, but I remember now what happened from what you've shared. You're SO right! They do belong together, always. Those two kind of remind me of Josh and Essa in how much they loved each other and were always together whenever possible, despite everything. So much so, rather than one or the other dying in their old age and being alone, they opted to become vampires again and live and undead life forever together. :)

Great update with very little text, I love those, should do more of them. Absolutely gorgeous shot of Cale jogging with the sun in the background! Love Aster dancing with the light sticks too, so pretty! Too bad she hit herself in the face though. o.O Very sweet shots of Aaron and Hunter together too, interesting snowpal. hehe Teens and cell phones. *sigh* Young adults too love those things. Not just in the game either. Our kids, especially my Son would be lost without their phones. Nice shot of Aaron with the fire sticks! Aww, love that cuddle by the fire animation. Have only used it a couple times though a long, long time ago. :)

Yay! I'm so happy you're happy about Cale and Aaron's friendship! I've intended for Aaron to be in Cale's club right from the beginning. Of course Hunter too! Aaron and Hunter belong together, always! :) I love their friendship too, makes me smile whenever I see them interacting together.

Love that daily post pic! Hunter must do that all the time for Aaron to be so bored with it he just looks at his phone instead. HAHA! If you update it, great! If you don't, still great! Whatever you feel you can do or have the time for and isn't stressful, but is fun! Hope you're feeling less mentally drained soon though! *Hugs*

@LegacySims2017
    Good idea sneaking out DJ. :) Oh cool, another book published and he'll be taking over Adam's club for the weekend and gets to use his house! Score! DJ's life is definitely on the uptick lately. Good for him! Awww man! Just like how Cale kept missing Aaron too! Plus, DJ has only shown up once so far in Windenburg for Cale at the club. I hope he sees him again soon too!

Huh, you're luckier than I was with that lot trait. A bunch of teens showed up, but only when Cale was leaving! Sheesh! Yes, they had a great day together and soon many more.

Aww, what a nice gig for DJ, getting to go back and see all his old friends and do some of his old activities. Is that Erwin Pries at the mic? So funny! HAHA! Love the last little bit with Lia!

@SoulGal7
    Oh boy, poor Dylan, he's had too much to drink and is thoroughly confused right now who he really wants and where he's going with his life. And then SHE shows up! o.O Whoa what a schemer! A very beautiful one though, not surprised in Dylan's condition he'd fall for her charms, or almost fall for them. Look out now though Dylan, she's on a rampage and she's got her eyes set on you. Look out Sofia too. o.O No telling what this chick will do, especially once she finds out that Dylan is the competition. Love how you've got this set up. It's like you're building up the logs under the Llama and nobody knows who will make it fall, but it WILL fall.

Thanks, glad you like his house. And yes, should be a fun dance/social club. I hope anyway. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top