Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2022 (Now Live)(2nd Patch Now Live)

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Didn't expect much, still disappointed. We'll never get an attraction system, it doesn't make sense anywhere else than it did with this pack.

I don't see why not. All they need to do is link it with likes and dislikes and of course hair,eyes etc.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2022
    New nails look awesome!

Anybody knows what the new SDX brings?
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Not gonna lie, I'm a bit surprised that there's no significant basegame feature coming with this pack (was still hoping for one). I really wonder why they didn't take the chance to expand romance/dating after so many people asked for it. But hey, the CAS additions are very welcome! The bug fixes are nice too.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2022
    The new bindi has a lot of swatches. It's flat though, I thought it was going to be "diamond" like.
    15-2-2022-19-58-07.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2022
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I just tested it out, and it looks like slow dancing isn't base game. If it is in there, I couldn't find it. I'm so sad! I just wanted my Sims to be able to dance with each other. :(

Slow dancing might be locked to those wedding dance floors. Did you check to see if those made it to the base game?

I couldn't find them if they were added. I searched for dance floors, but only found the previously existing ones. It wasn't an option on those either.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    OMG, opening my game after the patch and guess what music is playing in my Uni dorm? Etta James! Love it.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2022
    Didn't expect much, still disappointed. We'll never get an attraction system, it doesn't make sense anywhere else than it did with this pack.

I don't see why not. All they need to do is link it with likes and dislikes and of course hair,eyes etc.

They usually give us "new features" like that when it makes sense with a new pack. What other pack than Wedding would justify an attraction system?
    not generations
    Lu4ERme.gif

They usually give us "new features" like that when it makes sense with a new pack. What other pack than Wedding would justify an attraction system?
    not generations

A Romance Pack. This pack is just on Weddings.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 2022
    Sims are unable to throw a Base Game wedding party at the new wedding venues. What an unbelievable oversight.

(via phone only, they can do it using the calendar)
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Sims are unable to throw a Base Game wedding party at the new wedding venues. What an unbelievable oversight.

Oh, no!
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member

Wait what?? What?!
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    So our Sims can't slow dance in base game and can't even throw a wedding party at the new venue type? This is so disappointing! I was really excited for this update, and I still enjoy the new colors on the objects, but this is just really strange.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited February 2022

Do you have a screenshot of which venues?

I dl a venue from gallery and left it as "park" and it worked for wedding. Maybe the actual "venue" doesn't start until after the release?
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member

*chucks plumbob out the window*
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    THIS IS 🐸🐸🐸🐸 YOU GUYS! We should riot.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
    985BXNS.png
    5mXqqwN.png

Had a cake fail darn bride got hungry and the venue I downloaded did not have kitchen (didn't check first) Most of the guests hung out at the bar so missed the ceremony but otherwise worked as usual for wedding venue/event. Pretty sure the designation for actual venue will be after the release. I think they just meant the base game also got it.

Just a guess on my part. But you can get the venues you download to work if you leave them as parks etc for now.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    Found a slight problem with the bindi, it changes shape with eyebrows..

70tvHQM.png
    kmV5fuX.png
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    The b/b lag problem has not been resolved. It even happens in Live mode too.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Apparently, the Evergreen Harbor glitch is not completely fixed either.

I downloaded a wedding venue and saw that option on the calendar.
    Maxis forgot to add the premade wedding venue to our libraries. I guess they'll have to upload it to the gallery now.
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    985BXNS.png
    5mXqqwN.png

Had a cake fail darn bride got hungry and the venue I downloaded did not have kitchen (didn't check first) Most of the guests hung out at the bar so missed the ceremony but otherwise worked as usual for wedding venue/event. Pretty sure the designation for actual venue will be after the release. I think they just meant the base game also got it.

Just a guess on my part. But you can get the venues you download to work if you leave them as parks etc for now.

Wedding venues work if you use the calendar.
    edited February 2022
    @catloverplayer I did use the calendar but when I left the lots as "wedding venue" they didn't show up as a location. Hopefully if they upload one to gallery it will show up. Was easy to just leave the lot as a park etc too but would be nice to skip that step. I'm guessing the one that works is the one they forgot to add?
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm all for Pride and am also LGBTI+, but this dress is a monstrosity!!!! Looks like a good dress for a clown. Doesn't even look like a Pride flag. :D:D:'(
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have not tried starting the event from the calendar, but if you start a wedding party from the phone, lots with the new wedding venue lot type will not show up. They can't because they're not added in the code.

@bixters: That dress looks like something I might have created when I started to do recolors for TS 2. (not the vibe, but quality wise).
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen