Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• Cosmium117Cosmium117 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hallo everyone, I started playing the sims way back in 2006, when a friend, introduced me to the Sims 2. And it was one the best games I've experienced. I had so much fun playing the sims 2. It made for great memories :) Never got any of the expansions though, Never even knew they were updating the game, until very later. but by that time my interest in the sims 2 wear off, and moved on to other things. however years have past and my interest in the sims has reignited. I was aware two new iterations of the sims had come out, the sims 3 and 4. so i decided to check them out. I ultimately went for the sims 3, and boy was it fun, more so then the sims 2 in my opinion. it add it so much, especially the open world part. this time i got several expansions to fulfill my sims enjoyment. my favorite EP is university life. anyway i really enjoy the sims 3 and wish you all to experience same. :smile:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    edited December 2021
    Cosmium117 wrote: »
    Hallo everyone, I started playing the sims way back in 2006, when a friend, introduced me to the Sims 2. And it was one the best games I've experienced. I had so much fun playing the sims 2. It made for great memories :) Never got any of the expansions though, Never even knew they were updating the game, until very later. but by that time my interest in the sims 2 wear off, and moved on to other things. however years have past and my interest in the sims has reignited. I was aware two new iterations of the sims had come out, the sims 3 and 4. so i decided to check them out. I ultimately went for the sims 3, and boy was it fun, more so then the sims 2 in my opinion. it add it so much, especially the open world part. this time i got several expansions to fulfill my sims enjoyment. my favorite EP is university life. anyway i really enjoy the sims 3 and wish you all to experience same. :smile:

Hello @Cosmium117 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2, and have great memories of fun times playing that game :) It is great that you are now also enjoying playing Sims 3. Having expansion packs is great! They add lots of enjoyable features, activities,themes, worlds and buy,build, cas mode items to the game! University life is a great pack! It is a very nice seeing our sims attending University.
    Happy simming! :)
  • xbonusmodexxbonusmodex Posts: 28 Member
    Hi everyone! Im bonusmode! I'm a total newbie to the store, cc's, mods and even this website! :)
    I was searching for tips on saving simpoints when buying things in the store and I stumbled upon this website! :D

I don't really know what to say so i'm just gonna answer the 'asked questions' from the first page. :')

What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    A: My favorite must be pets tho, without pets i wouldnt enjoy the sims that much. I'm a big animal lover so having a dog/cat/bird/hamster/fish in any of my households is a must. :') Beside pets it must be world adventures, I think its soo cool to travel and discover everything! :D

What is your favorite thing about the game?
    A: I love building! Even though I'm not so good with it at all I like it. :') Beside, I love that it's pretty realistic and all the things it offers. Every time I play I learn/see something new! :D It's just such a good game! <3

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    A: Yes, without cheats this game is almost unplayable because of the bugs it has. :') But i have some family's where i only cheat when its needed.
    My most used cheats are; testingcheatsenabled true/false, buydebug and moveobjects :)

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    A: Nope, I'm sorry... :')

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    A: What a coincidence! :p I just (1 hour ago° finally bought dragon vally on origin and there was an offer for sims 4 going with it for only €5! So yeah I added it and bought it but didnt install it yet. I don't think I will anytime soon but i have it and can play it whenever i want! :D

Now that was all! :p
    Thanks for reading! I hope to get to know a few nice people here! <3

Greetz

Still a happy new year btw! <3
    Hi everyone! Im bonusmode! I'm a total newbie to the store, cc's, mods and even this website! :)
    I was searching for tips on saving simpoints when buying things in the store and I stumbled upon this website! :D

I don't really know what to say so i'm just gonna answer the 'asked questions' from the first page. :')

What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    A: My favorite must be pets tho, without pets i wouldnt enjoy the sims that much. I'm a big animal lover so having a dog/cat/bird/hamster/fish in any of my households is a must. :') Beside pets it must be world adventures, I think its soo cool to travel and discover everything! :D

What is your favorite thing about the game?
    A: I love building! Even though I'm not so good with it at all I like it. :') Beside, I love that it's pretty realistic and all the things it offers. Every time I play I learn/see something new! :D It's just such a good game! <3

Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    A: Yes, without cheats this game is almost unplayable because of the bugs it has. :') But i have some family's where i only cheat when its needed.
    My most used cheats are; testingcheatsenabled true/false, buydebug and moveobjects :)

Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    A: Nope, I'm sorry... :')

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    A: What a coincidence! :p I just (1 hour ago° finally bought dragon vally on origin and there was an offer for sims 4 going with it for only €5! So yeah I added it and bought it but didnt install it yet. I don't think I will anytime soon but i have it and can play it whenever i want! :D

Now that was all! :p
    Thanks for reading! I hope to get to know a few nice people here! <3

Greetz

Still a happy new year btw! <3

Hello @xbonusmodex :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Pets is a great expansion pack! Sim pets are very sweet! They are a special part of the sims household.
    It is great that you have just bought Sims 4 and got it whilst it was on sale! You bought it for a great price!
    The cheats that you use are very helpful.
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
  • xbonusmodexxbonusmodex Posts: 28 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @xbonusmodex :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Pets is a great expansion pack! Sim pets are very sweet! They are a special part of the sims household.
    > It is great that you have just bought Sims 4 and got it whilst it was on sale! You bought it for a great price!
    > The cheats that you use are very helpful.
    > I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thankyouu! <3
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @xbonusmodex :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > Pets is a great expansion pack! Sim pets are very sweet! They are a special part of the sims household.
    > It is great that you have just bought Sims 4 and got it whilst it was on sale! You bought it for a great price!
    > The cheats that you use are very helpful.
    > I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thankyouu! <3

You’re welcome :)
  • alunstarsalunstars Posts: 2 New Member
    Woot! literally new here xD
    alunstars wrote: »
    Woot! literally new here xD

Hello @alunstars :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope you will enjoy reading the forums threads, meeting fellow simmers and enjoy posting about what is happening in your games.
  • Sophie_HollySophie_Holly Posts: 12 New Member
    Hello! I'm Sophie.
    Long time lurker, first time joining. This forum is great, the community here is really solid.

I would love to read any threads about the Sims Store & Purchase Points. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any tips on points or the Store would be very welcome.
    edited February 2022
    Hello! I'm Sophie.
    Long time lurker, first time joining. This forum is great, the community here is really solid.

I would love to read any threads about the Sims Store & Purchase Points. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any tips on points or the Store would be very welcome.

Hello @Sophie_Holly :) It is nice to meet you.
    The simmers on this link thread may be able to help you if you post on that thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-2018-rotation-list-and-sales-help/p1

Also threads in the Sims 3 store section may help
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/store-general-discussion-en
    Thanks for the tips rosemow, these are great!
    Have a wonderful day.
    Could you recommend a guide for Personalities of Townies and/or NPCs? Thank you.
    Thank you so much Rose that was so helpful!
    Now I understand why Lisa Bunch egged my house last Spooky Day. ;)
    Thank you so much Rose that was so helpful!
    Now I understand why Lisa Bunch egged my house last Spooky Day. ;)

You’re welcome :)
  • manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 218 Member
    Hellooo, New Friends... I am a Manicpot8to around the community and across all socials.

I've been playing the Sims now for about 15 years; I started with Sims 2 (best in the series, fight me lol),
    I didn't get to play three because my game got the dreaded freeze bug :(. I picked it back up in Sims 4, but I went back to 2 until toddlers were added, and last went back a while ago.

It's tough to choose one, but the packs that focus more on family/legacy play and building are my jam.
    I have all the packs except the clothing kits because I only use EA fashion if I'm making a Sim share; otherwise, it's Maxis match all the way!

My favorite thing about this game is building. Even though there are still some building limitations that seem silly, quite honestly (not being able to have an actual split level because platforms count as a separate room! like seriously!?), but I make do with little tricks this wonderful community has come up with to get around this. All my builds are custom content free and available for download on my gallery OID: manicpot8to.

I only use cheats when building, such as moo, live edit, etc., but I never use money cheats. My sims always have to grind their way to the top. I also believe in real stakes (when a sim dies, they're dead, no pleading with grim); which sometimes breaks my heart if it's a new sim or they die before their whole life I planned pans out. I use ALOT of mods that add other real-life stakes. (first Impressions from Lumpinou, anyone).

Hmmm? I suppose I have one;
    now that they changed the play button to bring you into your most recent household, it can be a little annoying when wanting to fiddle with the world first. The way around it is to select load game and choose your most recent save; you will now load into manage world instead of the household.

Another would be, I mean, it's probably known already, but if ever you're having roof bleed through because it isn't reading the space as a room, use the make a room tool, the one with the dots, and just retrace the borders of the room. It will now disappear accordingly.

But my favorite tip is gameplay related. If you're someone like me, you can take lots of photos of your gameplay. I wouldn't say I like the plumbob being in my photos. Sure, you can turn off headline effects, but that turns off all info. Instead, you can edit the file that programs the display. You do this by right-clicking on your Sims 4 shortcut and choosing open file location. There you will see a file labeled default, double click it, and it'll open a notebook document. Change all the ending values under Plumbob to 0, so 1.0 changes to 0.00. After doing that, save and enjoy; no Plumbob, but all the other headline texts are intact.
    The path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

This is a good quick intro to me and who I am as a player. I look forward to making some new friends!
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • wondersandwoes404wondersandwoes404 Posts: 24 New Member
    Hi, everyone!

My name is Rachel, and while I am new to this forum, I'm well versed in the Sims world. I was really active on the Sims 2 forums back in the day and loved reading stories on the Sims 2 exchange *gets hit with wave of nostalgia*

Hmm, I think that my favorite expansion pack is Cottage Living. I really enjoy all the gameplay that it included as well as the world. The CAS and build/buy items are also lovely. My favorite game pack would have to be, surprisingly, Strangerville. I was captivated the whole time I was playing the story and wouldn't mind playing again. The world is beautiful and I really love all the items that came with it. I'm a sucker for Victorian homes. Favorite stuff pack is probably Tiny Living. I think the perks that come with a tiny home are amazing, and the CAS and build/buy are great too.

My favorite thing about the game is definitely build mode. I was never much of a builder before, no matter how hard I tried. However, I think The Sims 4 has really nailed its build mode and has such beautiful items with more recent packs that you can make homes look so realistic. I use house plans from online so that my house doesn't turn out like trash, lol. Landscaping is my downfall though.

I really only use build cheats or UI mods to cheat needs if my Sims are in the middle of something and I really don't want them to stop. Otherwise, they are working for what they have. I think the Sims 4 is very boring without the grind, unless you have a really cool and creative story you have mapped out for your Sims.

I sat here thinking for a few minutes if I had any tips or tricks, but I really don't think that I do. I feel like I don't play the game consistently enough to have any.

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in this community and meeting some Simmers! None of my irl friends play Sims, so it would be nice to have people to chat with about it.
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    Wellll, since I won't be the first to bump this thread .... :D

Hello all. I have been around since The Sims. I lurked on the first forum but by Sim 2, I would poke around and speak a little. However, Sims 3!!!! That was my jam. I was honored to be a part of a really special group of people, some of whom I am rl friends with today. I thrived on the gifting wars and the monthly flash mob was my pride and joy.

I am truly happy that the forum is still alive (to a degree). I hope you all are enjoying your game as much as I am coming to love Sims 4. Of course, I was a late bloomer. I did not want to give up Sims 2 and 3 but I very much enjoy seeing the new creations. Hopefully, I can will make new friends here, as well as catch up with old friends.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
    Hello @wondersandwoes404 :) It is lovely to meet you. It is great that you enjoyed posting on the Sims 2 forums.
    Cottage Living is a great pack! It has a very nice warm country homestyle feel. It is great that you enjoyed playing the Strangerville story. It does have great items that came with it.
    It is great that you are enjoying building in the game. Using houseplans from online is very helpful. They help to guide us when starting a new home.
    MOO is a great and useful cheat to use when building.
    edited March 2
  • TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    Sul Sul! i thought id add my piece! although ive been a member for 2 years, i didnt really log in at all, but when i saw the transition announcment to the new ea forums, i thought, what a great time to try get a bit more invovled!! Although i havent been active in the online elements of the sims such as the forums or the sims 3 site for long, ive been a very big fan of the sims 3 for a number of years, and more recently ive been able to find some time for the sims 4 as well!! Happy Simming! If anyone wants to friend request, exchange gifts, simport or anything in between please feel free to send me a friend request and let me know!! https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/TECHSPERT50
    Hello @TECHSPERT50 :) It is lovely to meet you. It is very nice that you have started posting on the forums.
    It is great that you have been enjoying playing Sims 3 for many years and are now also playing Sims 4. Simming is fun!
    edited March 3
    Hello @manicpot8to :)
    It is great that you have been playing for 15 years, and started by playing Sims 2. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours and days over the years playing the game.
    Your builds are very great! I enjoyed seeing them when you post them on the Sharing creations thread and on the gallery. The exterior designs of them are very nice and your furnishing of the interior of them are lovely.
  • TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 46 Member
    Thankyou @rosemow !!! :​)