The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New functional tea set coming to the sims 4 via weddings pack

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I too am looking forward to.

My Sims already drink a lot of tea, using the Electric Tea Maker appliance that is already in the game, but I've always wanted an actual tea serving set for it instead so I am also very excited for it to come in the pack. Also looking forward to not having the repair the darn tea maker all the time anymore...that thing breaks so often and doesn't even have an upgrade to make it break less.

I will say, however, that I was pretty disappointed in the animations for the Tea Set that we saw in LiveStream. They could have done so much better. :(

The drinking tea animation seemed fine. Do you mean how they pick it up and put it down 6 feet away from the table? Is it that much to animate them getting close and picking it up? Lol
    I know sims 4 are known for incomplete animations so I'm pretty forgiving but I thought that was ridiculous! 6 feet away!!! Lol 😆

@Babykittyjade Ahahahaha :joy: omg I can't stop laughing at your comment :joy: ... What do you mean? Is that not how you pour tea in your home? The trick is to toss the pot and teacups gently towards the tray, so they don't break. This what I do:

EJxwBOq.png
    Jgol6nN.png
    zIFL65K.png
    r1SFt2a.png
    edqDgm5.png
    AlvPeSs.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂lmao

It looks funny, because he was standing. Had he been seated, it would have looked more natural. I really hope they can sit and sip tea at a table like one would normally do. Now I see that there was a bench right next to the tea tray, yet he chose to drink his tea on the barstool in the kitchen. There is not much hope for delicate tea drinking while eating crumpets.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Greyling wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to actually brewing tea in the game, instead of the tea machine we have now. Weddings sound fun for once or twice but a functional tea pot sounds like something I might end up using a lot. My spellcasters will definitely enjoy a nice cup of real tea.

Let's hope we can get the same kinds of tea as we can get with the tea machine because I like the green tea with it's +2 happy moodlet.

Varieties of teas connected to the tea set (put in spoiler in case you prefer to find out later):
    Calming Chamomile
    Cozy Apple Juice
    Earl Grey
    Healthy Green Tea
    Orange Blossom
    Pitch Black
    Run Oolong
    Black Dragon

Thank you for the list. I wasn't able to catch the livestream, just read a summary. I actually want to try out the pack first before watching it, if I still feel like it after playing. But the tea is the one thing I want to know the details. I love drinking tea in real life and so do my sims.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I was just saying to myself I had to go CC shopping for a functional Tea Set and literally day later it was confirmed to come with the pack :)
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    I'm so happy that my sims won't need the boring regular Teamaker. The new Tea set is so pretty & useful.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

My Sims already drink a lot of tea, using the Electric Tea Maker appliance that is already in the game, but I've always wanted an actual tea serving set for it instead so I am also very excited for it to come in the pack. Also looking forward to not having the repair the darn tea maker all the time anymore...that thing breaks so often and doesn't even have an upgrade to make it break less.

I will say, however, that I was pretty disappointed in the animations for the Tea Set that we saw in LiveStream. They could have done so much better. :(

The drinking tea animation seemed fine. Do you mean how they pick it up and put it down 6 feet away from the table? Is it that much to animate them getting close and picking it up? Lol
    I know sims 4 are known for incomplete animations so I'm pretty forgiving but I thought that was ridiculous! 6 feet away!!! Lol 😆

@Babykittyjade Ahahahaha :joy: omg I can't stop laughing at your comment :joy: ... What do you mean? Is that not how you pour tea in your home? The trick is to toss the pot and teacups gently towards the tray, so they don't break. This what I do:

EJxwBOq.png
    Jgol6nN.png
    zIFL65K.png
    r1SFt2a.png
    edqDgm5.png
    AlvPeSs.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂lmao

It looks funny, because he was standing. Had he been seated, it would have looked more natural. I really hope they can sit and sip tea at a table like one would normally do. Now I see that there was a bench right next to the tea tray, yet he chose to drink his tea on the barstool in the kitchen. There is not much hope for delicate tea drinking while eating crumpets.

I wish the guru had guided the sim to sit on the bench. It will be interesting to see how tea parties will work out, though if sims are in a group it should be possible to guide them to sit in the right place.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    For anyone who doesn't want to look at the spoilers to see which teas are missing, the missing ones are Bee Tea, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox and Steamy Ginseng.

Wasn't there an option also for peppermint tea?

I don't remember ever seeing it, but I wish they would add it, my sims would drink it all the time.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

I'm looking at the wiki right now and it doesn't list a peppermint tea. That is a tea in Sims 3 though, so maybe you're thinking of that.

I'm also seeing Spiced Sparkling Apple Juice on my tea maker in game right now even though it's not a holiday, so apparently it shows up with some other trigger than Holidays...or something. Peppermint tea would be a good Winterfest tea. :)

There's also a tea option currently in the game which I forgot about, and that is Yerba Mate (from Jungle adventures). That is one I don't have unlocked on any of my Sims right now.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

EJxwBOq.png
    Jgol6nN.png
    zIFL65K.png
    r1SFt2a.png
    edqDgm5.png
    AlvPeSs.png

😂😂😂😂😂😂lmao

Yea you are right. Probably will look better sitting. Though I do wish they would complete animations I'm still excited for the tea 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Hahaha! I would prefer a full animation, but it’s to be expected since plates appear in toddlers’ hands and other magical animations happen in Sims 4, lol. 😄

I’m still excited there are still functional tea sets in the first place, though! 🙂👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I wonder if they can redo the animation and patch it into the game asap. Because this is embarrassing for a professional game maker to think it's ok.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

I'm looking at the wiki right now and it doesn't list a peppermint tea. That is a tea in Sims 3 though, so maybe you're thinking of that.

I'm also seeing Spiced Sparkling Apple Juice on my tea maker in game right now even though it's not a holiday, so apparently it shows up with some other trigger than Holidays...or something. Peppermint tea would be a good Winterfest tea. :)

There's also a tea option currently in the game which I forgot about, and that is Yerba Mate (from Jungle adventures). That is one I don't have unlocked on any of my Sims right now.

There's also Bee Tea which requires honey.
    edited February 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I mentioned that as one of the absent options for the new tea set in my previous reply in the thread, which is the one where someone followed up by asking about pepperment tea.

Specifically we didn't see Bee Tea, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox and Steamy Ginseng teas, nor the Yerba Mate on the new tea set. I just had missed Yerba Mate in my original comment, hence why I called that one out in the reply you quoted.

I am hopeful the new tea set will be able to also serve all of these and that the only reason we didn't see them as options is because the Sim doing the serving didn't have them unlocked. Bee tea requires honey to unlock, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox requires the wellness skill, and Yerba Mate requires .. uh.. something in Salvadora (maybe just drinking it?).

I have no idea if Steamy Ginseng has an unlock requirement. If it does, all of my Sim households have met the requirement.

I'm very excited for the 2 new tea varieties.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    It's great to have a nice traditional tea set. This will make things a lot more fun.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I still haven't seen this tea set I'll have to wait till the game comes out, I'm sure it's fine however it comes though thinking of the issues I had with the separate tea set in ts3 heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I still haven't seen this tea set I'll have to wait till the game comes out, I'm sure it's fine however it comes though thinking of the issues I had with the separate tea set in ts3 heh.

Here it is

6X1WS2N.jpeg
    vZZtwdM.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am happy that we have more functional items we can use, and not just decor/clutter.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't expect them to sit down to drink their tea, they will walk around to someone they can chat with, then in the middle of that talking, get up to sit down on another chair. I don't see why tea drinking should be different from coffee drinking? Perhaps "sit here together" as a Club will help a bit. And I don't expect them to serve tea while seated either. Anyone dreaming of a Downton Abbey tea party might be up for a surprise ;)

Either way, it looks cool and I'm glad we got the tea set. My nobility will use it often :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2022
    Greyling wrote: »
    I am looking forward to actually brewing tea in the game, instead of the tea machine we have now. Weddings sound fun for once or twice but a functional tea pot sounds like something I might end up using a lot. My spellcasters will definitely enjoy a nice cup of real tea.

Let's hope we can get the same kinds of tea as we can get with the tea machine because I like the green tea with it's +2 happy moodlet.

Varieties of teas connected to the tea set (put in spoiler in case you prefer to find out later):
    Calming Chamomile
    Cozy Apple Juice
    Earl Grey
    Healthy Green Tea
    Orange Blossom
    Pitch Black
    Run Oolong
    Black Dragon

Thank you for the list. I wasn't able to catch the livestream, just read a summary. I actually want to try out the pack first before watching it, if I still feel like it after playing. But the tea is the one thing I want to know the details. I love drinking tea in real life and so do my sims.

@Atreya33 You’re welcome 😊 I like tea as well and much prefer it to coffee. The new tea set itself looks very nice and will hopefully make for some cosy tea parties.

@Stormkeep I’ve checked in about a handful of my saves now with sims who have both high and low level cooking skills and covering all four seasons and all of them are able to make Spiced Sparkling Apple Juice, so it doesn’t seem to need a trigger after all 🧐 The way I remember it, though, is that it wasn’t always available for my tea loving sim. Maybe it came with a patch? Or maybe it’s simply my memory slipping? 😱 But you were right to notice it when I made the list for the new tea set, because on the new set it isn’t called Spiced Sparkling Apple Juice but Cozy Apple Tea. I didn’t pick up on that which hopefully has more to do with me not playing in English rather than the memory thing. I wonder whether it’s a new kind of tea or a new name for the old tea?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I mentioned that as one of the absent options for the new tea set in my previous reply in the thread, which is the one where someone followed up by asking about pepperment tea.

Specifically we didn't see Bee Tea, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox and Steamy Ginseng teas, nor the Yerba Mate on the new tea set. I just had missed Yerba Mate in my original comment, hence why I called that one out in the reply you quoted.

I am hopeful the new tea set will be able to also serve all of these and that the only reason we didn't see them as options is because the Sim doing the serving didn't have them unlocked. Bee tea requires honey to unlock, Lemon Honey Ginger Detox requires the wellness skill, and Yerba Mate requires .. uh.. something in Salvadora (maybe just drinking it?).

I have no idea if Steamy Ginseng has an unlock requirement. If it does, all of my Sim households have met the requirement.

I'm very excited for the 2 new tea varieties.

The game we saw on the livestream only had base game and the Wedding expansion installed. Any teas from other expansions would not be included because they weren't installed.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Omg yes! As a tea drinker, I've found myself collecting quite a great many of CC tea sets. It would really be nice to have a non-mod one. Now all I need is money...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Is is just me or does it look a lot like Mrs Potts from Beauty and The Beast ?
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Omg yes! As a tea drinker, I've found myself collecting quite a great many of CC tea sets. It would really be nice to have a non-mod one. Now all I need is money...

Ohh, now that you mention it, I have several cc tea sets too. I hope they get updated to be serveable with the new pack. If not...I'm gonna update some of them for my own use myself. >.<
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I am so happy about this too! My sim may be a vampire, but he is still an English gentleman and he deserves to have a proper tea set for his tea.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
    I am so happy about this too! My sim may be a vampire, but he is still an English gentleman and he deserves to have a proper tea set for his tea.

wish we had plasma tea it be epic to have high society vampires sipping away
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wish they had more vampire food options with plasma fruit aswell and they could have plasma coffee and tea

Edit I think there's a wedding cake for vampires in the new pack
    @Simmingal