Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't get complaining that worlds don't have enough empty lots, just bulldoze the lots in the world if you want more empty lots? Personally I would rather the worlds be filled rather than full of empty lots

Totally!

All the space is actually "used" instead of just having a ton of completely empty terrain. To me, it looks nicer as a result, not to mention the "back drops" are closer making for nicer views and screenshots no matter where you are.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I like the set dressing in worlds...

As a none builder I like that my worlds look full and detailed without me having to fill them with random buildings.

I agree but I like it to be combined with useful stuff, like the fishing spots and park areas and collectibles. I love the open areas in the early worlds that are full of stuff to do as well as pretty backgrounds. Evergreen Harbor, on the other hand, is mostly there to be looked at and not explored, and that's where set dressing goes too far in my opinion.

My unpopular opinion is that I'm glad Tartosa is coming with the playground equipment that I've seen people complaining about. More stuff you can walk to between the lots is what I want.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Unpopular Opinion: I'm more excited about the aisle and bouquets than other things in the new pack. LOL! Now I can have my sim's father walk her down the aisle without having to pose it! But the wedding is till a long time off since (a) the pack isn't out yet and (b) the sims I want to have a wedding for are currently still teenagers.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I like the country Russia & I want them to be able to get any games they want. So there. ;)
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I like to give my sims everything & rarely make them leave their home lot, lol.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    I like the set dressing in worlds...

As a none builder I like that my worlds look full and detailed without me having to fill them with random buildings.

I agree but I like it to be combined with useful stuff, like the fishing spots and park areas and collectibles. I love the open areas in the early worlds that are full of stuff to do as well as pretty backgrounds. Evergreen Harbor, on the other hand, is mostly there to be looked at and not explored, and that's where set dressing goes too far in my opinion.

My unpopular opinion is that I'm glad Tartosa is coming with the playground equipment that I've seen people complaining about. More stuff you can walk to between the lots is what I want.

Agree, there is a fine line between a decorated/interactive world and set dressing. It's also the reason why I don't have sims live in Evergreen Harbor, because it's just so boring with very little or nothing to do. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Daephene wrote: »

I agree entirely too. I just finally got around to having my first Sim spend some time in Glimmerbrook. She opened a retail store there, doesn't live there, but I took the time to also have her go around and explore the neighborhood and dam.. It's boring as >:)>:)>:)>:). Other than the the portal to the magic realm there is, literally, absolutely nothing there.

The same is true with far too many of the New Worlds added. Honestly, I'd be ashamed of my work if I were the person(s) on the team that designed those worlds.

Tartosa, on the other hand, looks like it is going to be fantastic. That person(s) should be very proud.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I somewhat like the denim skirt on denim pants combo that comes in Eco Lifestyles CAS.

ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    I somewhat like the denim skirt on denim pants combo that comes in Eco Lifestyles CAS.

I like it too!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I love it, I use it a lot.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited February 2022
    Another thing is, I like what I’ve seen of Moschino’s CAS.
    Post edited by Apricus on
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I would rather see completely new gameplay experiences added to the game rather than packs dedicated to improving existing gameplay
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I like the country Russia & I want them to be able to get any games they want. So there. ;)

I don't think that's unpopular here, at all. On the poll about whether they should get the pack 108 out of 112 said they should be able to get it
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't dislike the "cheese" hair colour. In fact, I think it suits any sim it's on just fine.
    I also don't find it weird when black sims have honey-blonde, red, or any other hair colour, for that matter.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Actually I was thinking it's unpopular for the powers-to-be.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Another thing is, I like what I’ve seen of Moschino’s CAS.

I love the moschino cas I don’t understand the hate towards it. The Moschino pack for both cas and bb I get a lot of use out of and I one of my most used stuff packs.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Snowy Escape is the worst expansion pack.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I don't get complaining that worlds don't have enough empty lots, just bulldoze the lots in the world if you want more empty lots? Personally I would rather the worlds be filled rather than full of empty lots

When I first started playing, I always felt "bad" when I would bulldoze the lots, I don't know why. I think I felt like I was destroying the originality of the game, like it's intended purpose. Sounds dumb now because it's all about how you want your game to be so I bulldoze most things now, or renovate existing lots that I found decent. I personally also like the smaller worlds, it just feels "less maintenance" when renovating all the worlds.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Rouensims wrote: »

I like it too!

I love it, I use it a lot.

I found my people! I use them a lot on teens and YAs.

When I first started playing, I always felt "bad" when I would bulldoze the lots, I don't know why. I think I felt like I was destroying the originality of the game, like it's intended purpose. Sounds dumb now because it's all about how you want your game to be so I bulldoze most things now, or renovate existing lots that I found decent. I personally also like the smaller worlds, it just feels "less maintenance" when renovating all the worlds.

LOL, me too! I do a ton of bulldozing now (literally every lot in every world gets replaced), but when I first started playing Sims games, waaay back in the day, I felt bad about it. Like, that I was doing a disservice to the devs by not using "what they worked on". I got over it though, some time during TS2....because lets face it, the pre-built lots were all so, so very basic.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

LOL, me too! I do a ton of bulldozing now (literally every lot in every world gets replaced), but when I first started playing Sims games, waaay back in the day, I felt bad about it. Like, that I was doing a disservice to the devs by not using "what they worked on". I got over it though, some time during TS2....because lets face it, the pre-built lots were all so, so very basic.

Yes, me too, I felt also guilty when I bulldoze the work from others. Even if they are just basic, it felt wrong, because they put some time to work on it. As builder I know how much time it takes to get the idea from the mind to a finished building. But now, when I need that place I bulldoze or rebuild. Although I like it how the new empty lots just have greenery, I try to build the houses around them just to keep the greenery, honestly I'm very bad in the outside decoration.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    In regards to the rainbow swatches added to the clothes in CAS earlier today: They're badly executed and while I adore the sentiment It looks really odd.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    You can't boycott a law away.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    In the most of cases, rainbow patterns on CAS items look really bad. I much more prefer to get more solid swatches instead of poorly rainbows.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    You can't boycott a law away.
    Isn't that what happened with segregation on buses?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top