Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims - The Next Generation

Hi ya'll! I'm Randie Reigns and I am here to talk about the next version of the Sims - If we, the players, could design it!

I'm sure many of you have been watching, listening, and waiting. We're hungry for the next installment. We're guessing, wishing, hoping, and we're a little terrified.

Come on ya'll. We like Sims 4. (You just rolled your eyes. Didn't you? LOL) But hey, you can rant, you can complain, however how we really feel is based on numbers. It's not personal. It's business. You think so much about the latest game. I pay attention to the community. I watch the videos. I read your posts - yet you still buy every single pack. You're in love my friend. As long as you continue to open your wallet, no true change will come. The amount of content, the way the content feels unfinished, the glitches, they won't change much. ​If it works, don't change it. That's the real world guys. Plain and simple.

But this is not a complaining thread. It's not even a wishing thread. This is the life simulator we wish existed. Post a feature. Describe it. Post pics if you have them or make them and if you agree with the post, comment, like, and love it! Who knows, maybe our ideas will make it to reality.

Remember, be kind to each other. This is meant to be fun. If you don't like the idea, scroll on. Let's let everyone have their dream. :D

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

———> >711-A40-D5-2-B7-D-4-E0-C-900-E-270926-CE4194.png < <———
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    WORLD CREATION

I am a creator. I love it. From building the world to making characters. The more I can design, the more I love it.

My favorite Sim look is Sims 4. It's beautiful. I love the lightening and the scale. I want this in a new game with a few tweaks:

I love Sims 4 CAS. I use mods for this hair and makeup. It would be great if it came that way. It makes a huge difference and in my opinion, the sims look perfect with only those tweaks. I would be okay with a few more sliders, but not too many. We don't want it to get too complicated, right? I would like to make some of my sims bigger. Even at the largest mass, some of them are too skinny. I enjoy playing with the fitness aspect. Make a sim as large as I can and see if I can make them loose the weight. I'm weird like that. LOL.

Color wheel. Definitely a must for any creator.

I love the building system in 4. I definitely want that in a new game. The only change would be to foundations. I would like to build a garage that is flat to the ground and have it attached to a house with a foundation.

No Fakes. Only playable buildings. I want to design every single building in the neighborhood.

I want to design the roads, the trees, everything! It has to be part of the game. No external programs. Sims 2 did this well. A modern version would be amazing! And don't forget the terrain editor!

No rabbit holes buildings. This goes along with the design everything aspect. I used to love making my stores in Sims 2 and then going inside and watching the Sims use it. Plus, we have get to work in 4. So we know it can be done.

And yes, of course, I want open neighborhoods, because I am one of those creators that likes to sit back and watch Sims live in the world I created. Not an open world. I'm good with the map to switch between worlds, although it would be cool to connect the neighborhoods however we wished. Just so we can watch our sims drive from one place to another. I used to play a game called Yoworld that gave us a way to connect our houses so we could go from one to another by just clicking an arrow. I enjoyed that.

Well, this seems like a lot of options and I know I said just one feature at a time, but this is one big thing for me. The world creation. It is my number one for a game. Just a few features, from existing games, rolled into one would make a new game close to perfect.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Sims 2, updated to easily run on modern computers, plus the best features of the others in the series.

Not an exhaustive list:
    TS1 - vendor carts, 2 types of restaurants depending on host station used, the separate ice cream/pastry/burgers etc. food counters, the little pond where you could feed fish and sail little boats with the shack where you got the fish food, boats, and picnic baskets, each type of clothing had its own unique display, the chemistry set, bucking bronco ride, the New Orleans type area that was complete with wraught iron decorations and the wandering street musician

TS3 - open world, create a world, color wheel for sims and their stuff, create a style, the ability to truly go underwater

ts4 - the actual improvements in build mode & CAS, the ability to tinker with your sims in game, overall graphics quality

general - NO fakery in worlds. If it's on the map, sims should be able to get there and do stuff, wide open lot placement
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I'd like to add the Sims 3 color swatches to the build/buy mode instead of the limited ones in the Sims 4, this would allow for so much more creativity and I feel like it would cut down on complaints about items in base game and/or new packs because we would be able to customize it the way we like.

I couldn't get into gameplay in the Sims 4 as much as building so some kind of upgrade to the personalities or how sims interact with each other would be nice to keep the game playable.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Sims 2, updated to easily run on modern computers, plus the best features of the others in the series.

Not an exhaustive list:
    TS1 - vendor carts, 2 types of restaurants depending on host station used, the separate ice cream/pastry/burgers etc. food counters, the little pond where you could feed fish and sail little boats with the shack where you got the fish food, boats, and picnic baskets, each type of clothing had its own unique display, the chemistry set, bucking bronco ride, the New Orleans type area that was complete with wraught iron decorations and the wandering street musician

TS3 - open world, create a world, color wheel for sims and their stuff, create a style, the ability to truly go underwater

ts4 - the actual improvements in build mode & CAS, the ability to tinker with your sims in game, overall graphics quality

general - NO fakery in worlds. If it's on the map, sims should be able to get there and do stuff, wide open lot placement

Agree 100%. This is the game I wanted TS4 to be, and hypothetically, the game I want TS5 to be. I have zero expectation of that, but as a thought exercise, it's a great description of where I think the series should go / should have gone.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Not settling for "open neighbourhoods" It's go big or go home. Open world. Find a way to do it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    I would like for the sims5 to be an open world with create a world tool and open neighborhoods, the game will free up assets by only loading assets for whatever neighborhood that your sims are visiting, it will load open lots and sims spawn around the player. The size of neighborhoods can be as large or as small as you want depending on your settings. This makes it so good computers and future computers could have even larger neighborhoods. A good computer can have maybe have 30 + interactive lots in a neighborhood.

Larger neighborhoods will require a better computer. Neighborhoods feel alive by spawning a lot of sims with npc roles and events can happen all the time, school buses show up to pick up kids, you can see sims travel to work, you can see people doing stuff together etc. This will encourage the player to try out different things. The game will have a lot of different goals that the player can choose from, or ignore completely if they want to play just a sandbox. The game will have options to turn down random events or increase them, features from packs can be turned down or off completely. The game will have configurable story progression.

The style of the game would be less cartoony but not super realistic I recently found this picture by Iola Cathern on Artstation which I think showcases the style I would go for.

7TCmvOL.png

Depending on your computer settings the game would use high resolution textures, CAS would have more detail with more items that you can apply and combine. CAS would have more body details, Clothing would be modular, so you can pick a shirt and then combine it with a jacket for example. CAS supports a color wheel. Townies don't use generated clothing but a set of saved outfits that the player can edit with 100+ different outfits.
    Build Mode will also has more items that you can combine or expand. Gameplay items are smaller and have more functionality. There are much less rabbit holes and notifications and the game follows the "show, don't tell" principle. You can customize things more.

The game would have mod support, it can be played offline or online, if you play it online you can share sims, lots, maybe even worlds or neighborhoods. That way you could visit other players worlds by downloading their worlds that they have shared.

The base game would have basic features of what we have seen as packs for the sims4, packs would instead expand more upon those features and add more stuff, gameplay, goals and events, packs would interact with each other more. For example, the game comes with cars, there could be a car pack that adds racetracks, if you combine it with seasons then you could race in the snow.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Interesting ideas. However, that 'sim' picture looks entirely too much/close to a photo of a real person for comfort. Less cartoony is fine, but that goes too far in the realistic direction. At least for me.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    I'm hoping the graphics will be more realistic and less "doll-like". I want a life simulator not a doll house simulator. I don't want "uncanny valley"/ultra realistic, but it'd be nice to have at least some more realistic details to sims appearances. This is the kind of thing I hope to see in the next game:

skin1.pngskin3.png

I want to see more realistic skin texture/color, more detailed eyes, eyebrows that actually have hairs and aren't just blocks, textured lips, black hair that isn't blue, eyelashes that aren't just chunky lines, more age features for older sims and more realistic body details/proportions for sims. Also I want grass to actually be grass. I hate how it's just a bright green blob in 4.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm hoping the graphics will be more realistic and less "doll-like". I want a life simulator not a doll house simulator. I don't want "uncanny valley"/ultra realistic, but it'd be nice to have at least some more realistic details to sims appearances. This is the kind of thing I hope to see in the next game:

I want to see more realistic skin texture/color, more detailed eyes, eyebrows that actually have hairs and aren't just blocks, textured lips, black hair that isn't blue, eyelashes that aren't just chunky lines, more age features for older sims and more realistic body details/proportions for sims. Also I want grass to actually be grass. I hate how it's just a bright green blob in 4.

I'm hoping for the same thing! I hated the pixar-ish/cartoony look of TS4 from the very first time I've loaded the game.

I don't want ultra-realistic but definitely less cartoony and no clay hair!

I like your versions and I would be extremely happy if they looked similar to that.

• Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    edited April 2021
    Personally my dream Sims 5 would be a game that embraces being more mature and down-to-Earth, while still keeping the Teen rating. I'm not wanting to see "violence and graphical woohoo" type mature, just something that feels more like the first 2 Sims games.

I always wanted to see a Sims 2 art style again, Sims there somewhat look the best in the series looking past the flaws of the sometimes overly exagerrated faces. I honestly can't even look at mobile game ads without thinking of the Sims 4 because they all look so similar with that constant utopia Disney look.

One thing I always want to wish for is the Sims 1 difficulty again, make it so starting out isn't just a case of buying the best bed, getting a few skills and end up at the top of your career again, just a life simulator thats more about simulating life and slowly building up your wealth, I'd like to have Sims who aren't always super successful CEOs within a week or two. Billionares and millionare Sims definitely should have it easy though and get to spend most of their day clubbing or spending their wealth on cars and decorations.

One of my big flaws with the Sims 2-4 was always how little you actually need to eat. I'm pretty sure even on the Sims 2 even my most active Sims only ever ate one meal a day, even Omlettes for breakfast would fill their hunger completely. So I feel at least 2 meals a day + a snack should be something 5 implements. Just so motive management doesn't become an afterthought.

And this personally a big one, but I really do wish in 5 we get more realistic careers in the sense you don't have ranks like "super-hero" for the police ladder, or an Army General DOESN'T become an astronaut at the end of the career ladder. Sims 2 was partially done well with the police career... Until your Sim goes from SWAT to Police SuperHero. Or how a criminal becomes a literal supervillan across most games... Sims 1 had the best criminal ladder since the final promotion was pretty realistic as a Mob Boss...

Speaking of criminals, I'd love to see the pickpocket come back from the Sims 2... IF he isn't just a giant caricature of a silent movie villain, I completely lost all interest in him when I realised how... Over the top he was. Same for the burglar, would love to see them return, that home invader is a Sims tradition, plus beating up the burglar when they try to get in your house, then inviting him/her over and putting them in a doorless box is fun.

I honestly doubt Maxis would ever go this route again , but I'm hopeful it'll one day in my life happen. Even if its from a competitor.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Smallfries535Smallfries535 Posts: 2 New Member
    1- Customizable height! I think it would be great to have short and tall sims <3

2- Save/favorite full outfits that you've put together so you can easily access them for future sims you create. As well as full make up looks you've made.

3- More playable jobs! Wedding planner, Real estate agent, Daycare. Lol I have more if you need them. Playable jobs are the best ways to add character to your sims! They gotta love what they do... Or at least have more options lol

4- Colour wheel for furniture AND HAIR

5- Be able to favorite furniture, I'm sure a lot of builders would find this very handy.. I know I would

6- sectional sofas!

7- Blankets and throws that fit on couches and beds!!!!

I actually LOVE the idea of kits. I'm hoping they’ll come out frequently so there's a little bit of something for everyone. Wedding kit, Clutter kit with plates and cups that don't spoil!!, Plant kit

Do you agree?
    These are all great. I am going to be excited when Sims 5 comes out, no matter how it is made, because seriously ya'll we have loved Sims for a long time! I really want the game-play to come back. All the humor. I'm really looking forward to the new generation. The wait is too long!
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I hope TS5 comes soon for you. :smile:
    I'm personally not interested in it right now and will stick to TS4 regardless, but I am still curious to see what TS5 will be like.
    I hope TS5 comes soon for you. :smile:
    I'm personally not interested in it right now and will stick to TS4 regardless, but I am still curious to see what TS5 will be like.
    That's cool. I'm normally one of the players that wait until a few DLC come out before switching games, but I have never played a game from day one before. So that will be a new, exciting experience for me. :smiley:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I made the mistake of thinking the next Sims game would be better at the beginning. When my original Sims 3 game kept crashing & freezing up I jumped with both feet right at day one with Sims 4. Oops, it turned out to be a nothing game at the beginning. I don't recommend starting at 1st release with the next Sims game. Wait till it's been out about a year at least to see how it's developing & what's actually in it. Newer isn't always better.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would want more drama
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I made the mistake of thinking the next Sims game would be better at the beginning. When my original Sims 3 game kept crashing & freezing up I jumped with both feet right at day one with Sims 4. Oops, it turned out to be a nothing game at the beginning. I don't recommend starting at 1st release with the next Sims game. Wait till it's been out about a year at least to see how it's developing & what's actually in it. Newer isn't always better.

For sure. I bought Sims 2 to 4 on release, and I was disappointed with TS4. I bought it knowing that pools, toddlers, open world etc. would be missing on release, thinking that the new features would make up for those. Nope, it shouldn't have been released in that state. It's gotten better over the years, but I feel like they could've tightened the foundation if they had delayed it for 6-12 months
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

skin1.pngskin3.png

Wait I love those models so much! Still like a video game character, but taken to the next level
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Don’t think it’s every coming
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's easy. Combine, TS2 personalities, with TS3's Open World, color wheel & TS4 build/buy mode.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited February 2022

I mean we have literal confirmation that it's being worked on.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    It's easy. Combine, TS2 personalities, with TS3's Open World, color wheel & TS4 build/buy mode.

Literally, this is all I want. Throw in good optimization (I know this should be a given but let's be real, which Sims game plays well for you without any fixes) and I'd be a happy simmer.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

What is the confirmation? Is it the job listings that have been posted? I know it's good to get in on the ground floor with making your wants known for the next iteration but I'd feel motivated to participate in Sims 5 discussions and wishlists if there was something concrete about it's release.
    edited March 2022

What is the confirmation? Is it the job listings that have been posted? I know it's good to get in on the ground floor with making your wants known for the next iteration but I'd feel motivated to participate in Sims 5 discussions and wishlists if there was something concrete about it's release.

COO of Electronic Arts, Laura Miele in a VentureBeat interview:

"I think that’s one of our biggest opportunities with The Sims is the social connection component that we need to bring to this brand in this franchise. And the team is hard at work on the next generation of that experience."

The job listings are additional confirmatory evidence.