Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars but with a twist...

If cars were added, what would happen if:

You had to pay for insurance & gas?
You could get in collisions?
You could get chance cards about speeding tickets and other violations?
You had to do regular maintenance like oil, tire changes
You could get moodlets for having clean, dirty, expensive, broken, cars?
You have to clean the snow off in winter?
You could take it to a car wash?

Whenever I see discussion about cars, its usually just talk about driving and learning to drive. But I don't care about driving animations. I'm cool with detailed decorations that cause moodlets that they can sit in.

Comments

• Sati101Sati101 Posts: 43 Member
    I'd like to be able to 'fix' a car similar to the car that came with Roaring Heights from the Sims 3 store. It was an old vintage car and if I remember correctly teens could fix it with their parents
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Whenever I see discussion about cars, its usually just talk about driving and learning to drive. But I don't care about driving animations. I'm cool with detailed decorations that cause moodlets that they can sit in.

I like the idea of looking after the car. 😎

Neat Sims could get positive emotions from cleaning thier car, embarrassed if they let it get dirty and tense if the car wash is closed when they go.

I don’t think collisions would be done but chance cards are possible.

I would like to use the car as I dislike my Sims vanishing from the front of the house.

My concern is how many vehicles would we get and then which swatches? They should include a lot of colours and designs!

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member

I would like to use the car as I dislike my Sims vanishing from the front of the house.

I liked cars from Sims 2 in which the opened and closed the door and drove 10 feet and disappeared. Also, the carpool cars became fancier as they earned promotions.
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I love cars in general, so yes, they are a huge deal in Sims. I don't care how much they do or don't do in this game at this point. Just give me a car that stops when a sim is in the middle of the road instead of running straight through them like they do in 3. LOL.
  • PorcelainFaeryPorcelainFaery Posts: 29 Member

These are great ideas! If they do end up adding cars, which I think that they probably will then I hope that they take inspiration from these ideas.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Does anybody believe they are capable to add cars :'( ?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Unfortunately not in Sims 4. However, in Sims 3 yes!
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I think they could add cars as the animations existed before so I don’t know why they couldn’t again.
    Unless the new game engine just doesn’t handle the graphics needed for cars to work? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022

I don't think they want to. They don't see it as a priority. The whole game was designed from the start to not feature cars so maybe they feel that adding cars would go against the original design of the game? Or maybe it's something dumb that they want to focus on what girls like and girls don't tend to like cars? I dunno.

I ended up using cc cars from lorysims. But they are just decorative and don't have any gameplay mechanics.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    logion wrote: »

I don't think they want to. They don't see it as a priority. The whole game was designed from the start to not feature cars so maybe they feel that adding cars would go against the original design of the game? Or maybe it's something dumb that they want to focus on what girls like and girls don't tend to like cars? I dunno.

Gee, girls are so annoying. 🙄

On a serious note, I remember being a tad disappointed with Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff because my sim couldn’t actually fix up the car the way it was shown in promotional images. I liked the cars though.

I then truly enjoyed the fixer upper that was released with Roaring Heights, however, gameplay is locked behind one car design/ object and I wouldn’t be too pushed about that either.

I’d love to be able to play as a mechanic and fix up/ build a selection of cars and trucks and motorcycles. Plus the addition of K.I.T.T And a DeLorean style time machine goes without sayin’.

Okay, now I’m going to be that pathetic person: even If they gave us ONE single world solely focused on driving cars (Sulani ocean style) I’d be one happy fool.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022

On a serious note, I remember being a tad disappointed with Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff because my sim couldn’t actually fix up the car the way it was shown in promotional images. I liked the cars though.

I then truly enjoyed the fixer upper that was released with Roaring Heights, however, gameplay is locked behind one car design/ object and I wouldn’t be too pushed about that either.

I’d love to be able to play as a mechanic and fix up/ build a selection of cars and trucks and motorcycles. Plus the addition of K.I.T.T And a DeLorean style time machine goes without sayin’.

Okay, now I’m going to be that pathetic person: even If they gave us ONE single world solely focused on driving cars (Sulani ocean style) I’d be one happy fool.

I meant no offense, that's why I said it was dumb. It's just that I can imagine that cars have probably showed up as suggestions on what to make next and it has gotten downvoted by other staff because they believe that it will not sell well.

I dunno, I prefer not to think about it. Because it will probably make me more annoyed over it than it's worth.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    In the sims 4, cars would added but only in the form of Uber. You can take a ride but you can’t own them lol :D
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

I meant no offense, that's why I said it was dumb. It's just that I can imagine that cars have probably showed up as suggestions on what to make next and it has gotten downvoted by other staff because they believe that it will not sell well.

I dunno, I prefer not to think about it. Because it will probably make me more annoyed over it than it's worth.

Ah, I didn’t read it as offensive. I was just messing.
    By the way (ladies) I didn’t mean offense either. 😇

The game wasn’t build for cars in the first place. Restructuring and rerouting the entire system for functional cars is probably not their highest priority. And Sims 4 land seems pretty unstable as is. But I have no idea. A lot of folks don’t see the point of cars.
    But I - for example - don’t see the point of liberated babes. Essentially they’re the same thing. If it’s a choice between babe maintenance or car maintenance, I’ll always choose car. 😂

• cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member

It was originally said during a Q&A around the time of the release of TS4 that cars were planned. Almost 8 years later, and still nothing. I suspect that it was either due to losing direction, or realizing that the setup of TS4 was, as I've long argued, not really conducive to cars due to engine, as well as the setup of worlds, neighborhoods, and lots.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Ah, I didn’t read it as offensive. I was just messing.
    By the way (ladies) I didn’t mean offense either. 😇

The game wasn’t build for cars in the first place. Restructuring and rerouting the entire system for functional cars is probably not their highest priority. And Sims 4 land seems pretty unstable as is. But I have no idea. A lot of folks don’t see the point of cars.
    But I - for example - don’t see the point of liberated babes. Essentially they’re the same thing. If it’s a choice between babe maintenance or car maintenance, I’ll always choose car. 😂

@logion I definitely want cars too. @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Umm, I sure hope you mean the wee babes in the cradle and how we want them liberated so they can crawl around and play, right?! :joy:

Well, I definitely want cars. And for the record, when I was a little girl I had every barbie car, the corvette, the camper, the jeep, and raced cars with my brother on Nintendo ... girls love cars. Do you really think they would think otherwise? I don't think so. I read in another topic they were struggling to animate the door opening.

I think they could give us parked cars that we could use to upgrade mechanical skill or drive them off to work or even to a rabbit hole for a drive around, it would still be better than no cars at all. Plus they were able to make flying rockets and space ships, they can give us a whole futuristic expansion pack with hover or flying cars. Motorcycles would be fun too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I think it would be nice if they added an option to fix bikes. Things like pump air into a deflated tire, change a broken spike, add a chair to carry toddlers in, etc.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Just for the record when I was a little girl I played with cars and dinosaurs until I was 9 and then the Sims entered my life and the rest is history.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please