Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Homeschooling for your sims?

Could this please be an option for the Sims 4? There used to be a mod that gave the option for homeschooling, but the creator stopped updating it. I would love to have the option as my own kids are homeschooled. Thoughts?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Ditto. I homeschool my child irl and want this in the Sims too.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I was homeschooled growing up, so I wouldn't mind having this feature. I think it'd be neat.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I don't know if this helps or not but MCC allows kids to quit school and you can cheat grades to an A with this mod. With the Sim selected you can promote and demote careers using the right click menu. This mod treats school as a career. If you quit school though kids don't have homework.

Another partial solution is Scarlet's Mods. She has a homework mod for subjects. You can choose what your kid learns by subject. You could just stop your kids from going to school in the morning and they would still have homework. Get Scarlet's mod and use MCC to cheat the grade. I do this sometimes. At least with Scarlet's Mod the homework has purpose.

Note: There is also a cheat code for the game you can type to edit the grade if you don't want MCC. I think there is also a separate mod that allows kids to just quit school. I prefer MCC because it does a lot of things under one menu. MCC eliminates bunch of smaller separate mods. When the game updates and brakes mods it's updated quickly. Usually the same day.
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I do have MCCC and I will take a look at Scarlet's mods, but I would love if homeschool was implemented in Vanilla for those who are opposed to mods or those on console :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I do have MCCC and I will take a look at Scarlet's mods, but I would love if homeschool was implemented in Vanilla for those who are opposed to mods or those on console :)

Yes - I don't like having to update mods all the time, and this seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to implement.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member

Yup. Don't get me wrong, my game is loaded with mods, and I play with the method suggested by AnnLee87. But it's not always fun having to rely on mods for certain features.
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Homeschooling would be great! :smile: I'd love more of a variety of schooling for kids/teens. Homeschooling, private, and boarding school would be amazing
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I like this idea, especially if I want to make an absurd cult leader that doesn't want kids going to school.
  • Lolahquin_2911Lolahquin_2911 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes please! I would a homeschool option on the console version of Sims 4. Ps4 PS5 please!!!! So many families homeschool now it should be an option.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Yes, I like to travel extensively with my sims families and school gets in the way
  • Sati101Sati101 Posts: 43 Member
    I'd love private school to come back! Not every kid can get in, it should be based off how well they're doing at school and like sims 2 they have to impress the headmaster, and they should be able to bribe them as well to get in! Then the kids can have the option of coming home for weekends and holidays or not
  • ItalStewItalStew Posts: 30 Member
    This would be so cool!
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    This would be an awesome addition to the game. There are so many more options in real life now than there was in the past and the game should include that. I wouldn't mind a pack coming out that dives into all levels of school, from preschool to college that allowed us to create our own schools and set them as places our sims go to when they leave the house. As well as home options for all including college. Technology has come a long way, but I'm still not sure if this much detail is possible. But boy, wouldn't it be cool to click on a school building during school hours and see all the town's children inside?
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    We need more school options in general. I want to make my own discussion going deep into this. But homeschooling is something we never had before the franchise. I'd love to see it make it into the game. I'd love to see homeschooling online groups where parents can socialize, download lesson plans, share lesson plans, pictures, ect. And even homeschooling groups that met once a week at different venues because we don't have enough reasons to leave our homes in the Sims.