June 24th- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

unpopular opinions

Comments

• jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 326 Member
    Snowy Escape is the worst expansion pack.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't get complaining that worlds don't have enough empty lots, just bulldoze the lots in the world if you want more empty lots? Personally I would rather the worlds be filled rather than full of empty lots

When I first started playing, I always felt "bad" when I would bulldoze the lots, I don't know why. I think I felt like I was destroying the originality of the game, like it's intended purpose. Sounds dumb now because it's all about how you want your game to be so I bulldoze most things now, or renovate existing lots that I found decent. I personally also like the smaller worlds, it just feels "less maintenance" when renovating all the worlds.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,492 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    I somewhat like the denim skirt on denim pants combo that comes in Eco Lifestyles CAS.

Rouensims wrote: »
    I somewhat like the denim skirt on denim pants combo that comes in Eco Lifestyles CAS.

I like it too!
    Sharonia wrote: »

I love it, I use it a lot.

I found my people! I use them a lot on teens and YAs.
    tiA7GWQs.jpg
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I don't get complaining that worlds don't have enough empty lots, just bulldoze the lots in the world if you want more empty lots? Personally I would rather the worlds be filled rather than full of empty lots

When I first started playing, I always felt "bad" when I would bulldoze the lots, I don't know why. I think I felt like I was destroying the originality of the game, like it's intended purpose. Sounds dumb now because it's all about how you want your game to be so I bulldoze most things now, or renovate existing lots that I found decent. I personally also like the smaller worlds, it just feels "less maintenance" when renovating all the worlds.

LOL, me too! I do a ton of bulldozing now (literally every lot in every world gets replaced), but when I first started playing Sims games, waaay back in the day, I felt bad about it. Like, that I was doing a disservice to the devs by not using "what they worked on". I got over it though, some time during TS2....because lets face it, the pre-built lots were all so, so very basic.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,028 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

LOL, me too! I do a ton of bulldozing now (literally every lot in every world gets replaced), but when I first started playing Sims games, waaay back in the day, I felt bad about it. Like, that I was doing a disservice to the devs by not using "what they worked on". I got over it though, some time during TS2....because lets face it, the pre-built lots were all so, so very basic.

Yes, me too, I felt also guilty when I bulldoze the work from others. Even if they are just basic, it felt wrong, because they put some time to work on it. As builder I know how much time it takes to get the idea from the mind to a finished building. But now, when I need that place I bulldoze or rebuild. Although I like it how the new empty lots just have greenery, I try to build the houses around them just to keep the greenery, honestly I'm very bad in the outside decoration.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    In regards to the rainbow swatches added to the clothes in CAS earlier today: They're badly executed and while I adore the sentiment It looks really odd.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 285 Member
    You can't boycott a law away.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 571 Member
    In the most of cases, rainbow patterns on CAS items look really bad. I much more prefer to get more solid swatches instead of poorly rainbows.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 311 Member
    Handel wrote: »
    You can't boycott a law away.
    Isn't that what happened with segregation on buses?
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,292 Member
    I have a feeling that the following will be very unpopular:

To me, the animations in TS4 are generally unrealistic, stiff, and lacking in warmth. As a result, I would be willing to sacrifice the current range of the body sliders as well as some freedom in furniture arrangement if it meant that there would be better animations. If the animators didn't have to worry as much about clipping, perhaps I'd never have to witness another Sim swipe an object from a distance, dance with their new spouse as if they are strangers, or sleep in their marital bed as if their loved one wasn't right there next to them.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 445 Member
    Gallery builds on 20x15 lots that cost 100k because of the clutter/landscape
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 635 Member
    I wish horses would get their own pack rather then being incorporated in one (like a medieval expansion or something).
    Horses are something I really want and I want them to get the best possible chance at having a lot of content. I’d prefer for them to have a system like cats and dogs where you can breed them and such
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,124 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    In regards to the rainbow swatches added to the clothes in CAS earlier today: They're badly executed and while I adore the sentiment It looks really odd.

Yes, they need to be an ombre style if anything. They honestly look like those child tents you'd have in gym class.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,011 Member
    My daughter had a beautiful wedding dress with peek-a-boo rainbow tulle underneath. The colors were more pastel and flowed straight down, not in tiers. I wish the in game dress looked more like that.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 463 Member
    edited February 16
    Don't know if this is unpopular but...
    I like "misbehaving" cats. Like those who decide to jump on all counters etc. Yes, IRL I wouldn't let a cat to hang out on a kitchen counter or dinner table but in the sims I just find it visually way more interesting how you can spot the cats all over the place. Therefore my sims have deliberately failed to train their cats to not jump on counters/tables/whatever. Instead they just let them do whatever. They pretty much only bother to scold their pets if they do something tiresome. Like dogs rolling around in puddles/trash so you constantly have to bathe them.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I wish horses would get their own pack rather then being incorporated in one (like a medieval expansion or something).
    Horses are something I really want and I want them to get the best possible chance at having a lot of content. I’d prefer for them to have a system like cats and dogs where you can breed them and such

I would absolutely <3 LOVE <3 this. I think not enough simmers are aware of just how much gameplay variety you can get out of horses. A pack dedicated to just horses could be so very, very good with so many things to do.

My unpopular opinion is I would rather have had a pack with just horses over the Cats & Dogs one we got, if I had to pick just one. I'm pretty disappointed that we haven't gotten horses yet but we got freaking chickens and llamas. >.<
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    edited February 16
    I know this sounds kinda weird, but it Irks me when I’m watching a video about a packs CAS, and the sim they’re using for display already has clothes on.

when they don’t go through all swatches, and if it’s a dyed hair or has an accessory with it, they don’t go through all the hair colors. Oddly specific, but a specific sim in my save, I like to pretend has piebaldism so she requires black hair with white pieces in it. I’d like to know if any of the (many) dyed hairs in SE fits this but nobody shows the hair swatches!
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I would absolutely <3 LOVE <3 this. I think not enough simmers are aware of just how much gameplay variety you can get out of horses. A pack dedicated to just horses could be so very, very good with so many things to do.

My unpopular opinion is I would rather have had a pack with just horses over the Cats & Dogs one we got, if I had to pick just one. I'm pretty disappointed that we haven't gotten horses yet but we got freaking chickens and llamas. >.<

Thank you!
    Imagine ponies for children, and supervised riding for toddlers. We could have an assortment of bridles, saddles, saddle pads, and etc. it would work best with its own equestrian themed world, maybe with horse shows and etc. Horses, generations (which includes freed babies, hopefully basegame, and more pregnancy interactions), and more occults are mainly what I want before the game calls it quit.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 613 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    Don't know if this is unpopular but...
    I like "misbehaving" cats. Like those who decide to jump on all counters etc. Yes, IRL I wouldn't let a cat to hang out on a kitchen counter or dinner table but in the sims I just find it visually way more interesting how you can spot the cats all over the place. Therefore my sims have deliberately failed to train their cats to not jump on counters/tables/whatever. Instead they just let them do whatever. They pretty much only bother to scold their pets if they do something tiresome. Like dogs rolling around in puddles/trash so you constantly have to bathe them.

Totally with you on that! The number one behavior I train out as fast as possible is "waking Sims up," that one sucks!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 752 Member
    Thank you!
    Imagine ponies for children, and supervised riding for toddlers. We could have an assortment of bridles, saddles, saddle pads, and etc. it would work best with its own equestrian themed world, maybe with horse shows and etc. Horses, generations (which includes freed babies, hopefully basegame, and more pregnancy interactions), and more occults are mainly what I want before the game calls it quit.

I'd die happy for horses in the game. Well, gotta change to my barn clothes and head out to muck and feed.
    Haflinger wrote: »
    Thank you!

I'd die happy for horses in the game. Well, gotta change to my barn clothes and head out to muck and feed.

Username and profile pic checks out.
    I have experience with the breed, they are the best
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,080 Member

I've just spent the past little while reading a bunch of simgurus' twitter posts.... *sigh*

Call me crazy, call me hyperbolic... but I've been saying for years that social media is the bane of society and will be its ultimate downfall.

Let's be honest with ourselves: People are their own worst enemies, so the last thing we need is a free-for-all soapbox to scream out all of our unrestrained, unfiltered thoughts.... on full volume.... for the entire world to hear.... any time, all the time.

Mark my words, it's going to speed up the inevitable arrival of the apocalypse once and for all, I tells ya. You heard it here first, folks!

Yup, I hate social media with a passion and wish it would just die already before it kills us first. :|

When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that they are people.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that they feel real pain.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that not everyone is rooting for you.
    When you don't have to look people in the eyes, you forget that some things should be shared with friends only.
    We are losing our ability to discern, to navigate the mass of humanity that is not always humane.

Social Media is turning people into automatons who are motivated by checkmarks, the number of likes, and ticks on a page, rather than people who are motivated by love.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 752 Member
    Thank you!

Ha, yes! My favorite breed. Never thought I’d get one because I’d had a Thoroughbred before, but now I’m sold on them. My friend has a Fjord, but I like my flufflinger.
    edited February 17
    Thank you!

Ha, yes! My favorite breed. Never thought I’d get one because I’d had a Thoroughbred before, but now I’m sold on them. My friend has a Fjord, but I like my flufflinger.

Ironically, Fjord’s and Halfingers are my favorite breeds.

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,415 Member
    Not sure if unpopular opinion but I don't really care about farming and I'm not that impressed by the new world Henford-on-Bagley either.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png