Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I just want cars and garages.
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    ImDragone wrote: »
    More disabilities & disability benefits to go with it all (one of the staff promised it to the disability community)
    Oh yeah? I recall seeing someone suggest disabilities on this forum a few years ago and it seemed like such an obvious characteristic that's never been addressed before in the Sims as far as I know. I can understand some hesitation in addressing it because one person's representation could be another person's traumatic reminder, but if they promised it I'm intrigued.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm really hoping for bands/orchestras/choirs with new instruments like saxophone, harp, drums, and theremin!

An elder pack like mentioned above, divided into vibrant healthy seniors, and seniors with disabilities, would be really cool.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    edited February 2022
    Now that we've gotten all of the "fan favorites" packs (Seasons, University, Pets, Parenthood, Farm), this is when The Sims team has to be creative to come up with good content. I wish they'd come up with something like a Natural Disasters expansion pack. Something out of the box that really makes this series unique and we remember it for doing something different. Not just the same packs over and over again.

I know they've given us the choice to vote for what we want and Happy Haunts is an example of some small thing we could've explored back then but the community decided to go for Laundry. Glad to see they revisited this idea with the Paranormal stuff pack so it's gonna be interesting if they end up doing some of the ideas they had from back then.
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Now that we've gotten all of the "fan favorites" packs (Seasons, University, Pets, Parenthood, Farm), this is when The Sims team has to be creative to come up with good content. I wish they'd come up with something like a Natural Disasters expansion pack. Something out of the box that really makes this series unique and we remember it for doing something different. Not just the same packs over and over again.

I know they've given us the choice to vote for what we want and Happy Haunts is an example of some small thing we could've explored back then but the community decided to go for Laundry. Glad to see they revisited this idea with the Paranormal stuff pack so it's gonna be interesting if they end up doing some of the ideas they had from back then.

We got the "realistic players fan favourites"...now we need the occult players fan favourites: Fairies, Werewolves, Zombies, etc
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    jomilej wrote: »

We got the "realistic players fan favourites"...now we need the occult players fan favourites: Fairies, Werewolves, Zombies, etc

Hmm that's true but to be fair Vampires and Witches/Warlocks were the ones with the higher demand. I remember most Sims 3 player used to just disable zombies because they were so annoying. I'm not sure we'd get a Supernatural EP now. They could do something like a Makin' Magic expansion pack and include Fairies though.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member

Hmm that's true but to be fair Vampires and Witches/Warlocks were the ones with the higher demand. I remember most Sims 3 player used to just disable zombies because they were so annoying. I'm not sure we'd get a Supernatural EP now. They could do something like a Makin' Magic expansion pack and include Fairies though.

I don't think EA will put several occults in one DLC, they'll separate it like...
    "Neverland" ==> Fairies pack
    "Under the moon"==> Werewolves pack
    "Biohazard" ==> Zombies pack
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

We still haven’t gotten real babies. And we did get some occult favorites too, vampires, spell casters, Aliens, Mermaids, And Ghosts, and paranormal if you consider that occult.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited February 2022
    May this year be the year of wrapping up community demands - a Generations Expansion pack, Werewolf and Faerie Game Packs (yes, this would mean 3 game packs, which is unusual) and another expansion pack that is Rock Band themed with cars and hotels for a Sims World Tour feel.

I think that leaves horses as the last "big" community want.

Not holding my breath by a long shot, but a girl can dream.

Edited to add hotels. I'd also expect improved/free babies to be connected to the Generations expansion, but as I don't actually want them, I'd feel hypocritical including them - even though I expect it.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    May this year be the year of wrapping up community demands - a Generations Expansion pack, Werewolf and Faerie Game Packs (yes, this would mean 3 game packs, which is unusual) and another expansion pack that is Rock Band themed with cars for a Sims World Tour feel.

I like all these but would addendum that updated babies (presumably in a patch update before a Generations EP) and hotels/resorts are also heavily requested by the community (totally not speaking from my own want as well ahem).
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited February 2022
    May this year be the year of wrapping up community demands - a Generations Expansion pack, Werewolf and Faerie Game Packs (yes, this would mean 3 game packs, which is unusual) and another expansion pack that is Rock Band themed with cars for a Sims World Tour feel.

I like all these but would addendum that updated babies (presumably in a patch update before a Generations EP) and hotels/resorts are also heavily requested by the community (totally not speaking from my own want as well ahem).

Hotels could fit in with the "world tour" idea. :wink: Gotta be able to trash hotel rooms as Rock Stars.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022

Generations pack and occults like Fairies and werewolves are still greatly wanted. Maybe hotels and more romantic systems/interactions, too. (Improved babies would be a bonus, too.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member

Occults have four big creatures: Vampires, Witches, Fairies and Werewolves. We still don't have the latest two, but that doesn't mean they're not as highly requested as Vampires and Witches. Of course, this is a discussion about Expansions and Occults are mostly Game packs but we never know. Also, the Sims team said in one of their livestreams that fairies, werewolves AND zombies are likely to have the same treatment as Vampires and Spellcasters. Also, we never know, they could make a magic school pack, or an Expansion dedicated for the small occults (plantsims, enhanced ghosts, genies, etc) or a futuristic pack to bring back Plumbots?

Occult players have their own favourites but then realistic players participate in the votes too just to express which one they're likely to buy (which doesn't really reflect what the occult part of the community wants e.g nerfing vampires and alien abductions)
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    I want burglars as a career in an EP
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    BL5036 wrote: »

me to.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    May this year be the year of wrapping up community demands - a Generations Expansion pack, Werewolf and Faerie Game Packs (yes, this would mean 3 game packs, which is unusual) and another expansion pack that is Rock Band themed with cars and hotels for a Sims World Tour feel.

Edited to add hotels. I'd also expect improved/free babies to be connected to the Generations expansion, but as I don't actually want them, I'd feel hypocritical including them - even though I expect it.

I desperately want horses and werewolves!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes @Bluegayle, so wanting horses to return and imaptiently waiting for it as well. I loved them in sims 3. I would like to see an expansion out soon, I think one is well over do. But horses would make a great game pack.

Not necessarily in this order but still holding on for:
    Horses
    Showtime
    Generations with freetime/hobbies
    Werewolves and Dragons
    Vacations with a hotel lot option
    And... Some Monte Carlo meets Las Vegas

Still hoping to see some kind of generations content and gameplay. It added so much to sims 3's family play. I really miss having those extra activities for toddlers, child, and teen sims. Daycare, football, dance etc... cane for the oldies, prom, all the cool hobbies from Sims Freetime, volleyball, cars... I could go on but I won't.

A band pack with a performing artist career would be awesome. Still hoping for some of the Showtime content in game as well.

And I am really missing werewolves and Dragons in the game. I absolutely loved the Dragons and hope they return with some medieval lore content. I have a storyline I want to play and it requires werewolves so yeah bring them back. I liked the fairies but if they add them I hope they can hide their wings like the mermaids can hide their tails. Supernaturals do seem to work better when concentrated in a game pack.

I'd also love for some of that Lucky Palms content to make a come back. I think it'd be kinda neat to do that Monte Carlo/Las Vegas mesh up and arcade.

In addition all premium content from Sims 3 and pretty much everything from Sims 1 would be super awesome to have in game. That is all.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited February 2022
    My wishlist:

-Dragons
    -Horses
    -Medieval content (CAS, BB, activities i.e. swordplay and archery)
    -Other historical content i.e. ancient Rome
    -Teen-specific aspirations
    -More child aspirations
    -Fairies (more mythological than cutesy fairytale)
    -Something for elders (I'm not sure what)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member

I've been thinking that maybe a "cops and robbers" themed pack could be a way to implement burglars in a way that wouldn't intrude on people who are used to playing the Sims 4 without them and don't want them. Either through a toggle in the options, or making so that they won't appear unless a certain lot type is placed. I'd like to imagine such a pack featuring police stations and criminal lairs as lot types, and tying them in to careers that would be opposed to each other.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    edited February 2022
    Music and Bands Pack Please
  • BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »

I've been thinking that maybe a "cops and robbers" themed pack could be a way to implement burglars in a way that wouldn't intrude on people who are used to playing the Sims 4 without them and don't want them. Either through a toggle in the options, or making so that they won't appear unless a certain lot type is placed. I'd like to imagine such a pack featuring police stations and criminal lairs as lot types, and tying them in to careers that would be opposed to each other.

That's would be perfect ! i thought burglars could go to museum for steal objects, we could have better museums with sarcophagus... maybe mummies
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Just sat and read the object descriptions for My Wedding Stories and they’re giving me major medieval vibes… lots of mentions of kings, queens, princesses, royalty and palaces. Also pirates!
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Honestly I think that a new expansion will bring us a model career. The object which is a wedding path can be used to create a catwalk.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Just sat and read the object descriptions for My Wedding Stories and they’re giving me major medieval vibes… lots of mentions of kings, queens, princesses, royalty and palaces. Also pirates!

Princess Cordelia and her Pirate lovers can be traced back to base game, I don't have wedding stories, but I do have BB items that talk about her.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    At this point I'd just like to know if there is an Expansion pack coming.
    WbUrFQm.png