Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tomorrow February 15, 2022 is patch day!

Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
Tomorrow the patch for the new pack My Wedding Stories drops. I assume it will contain bug fixes in addition to:
  • The new lot type, wedding venue
  • The new relationship preset in CAS, fiancé
  • Edit to add: New swatches for some formal wear - for sure a base game dress and suit for the kids category.
  • Edit to add: New swatch variants for base game wedding arches.

(New swatch info provided by @catloverplayer)

Don’t forget to remove your mods folder to your desktop or an external drive and back up your save, screenshot and tray files and if you don’t want to update don’t forget to turn off automatic updates and set Origin or Steam to offline mode.

Post edited by Pamtastic72 on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    To Add also coming is new swatches for dresses and new wedding arch varients aka shapes.

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Hope I'm ready for the new lot type and the new CAS option, but no R&B radio station
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was in the process of catching up on mod updates from the last 2-1/2 months (when I was in hospital/rehab) but probably should put that project on hold anyway... :/ Thinking of doing a full clean folder game reset; also want to start doing a rebuild of my template save so I can start fresh. I've been inspired to do some premades makeovers from what I've seen on Twitter while flat on my back.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    To Add also coming is new swatches for dresses and new wedding arch varients aka shapes.

Yes, I knew there was more! I just couldn’t remember what, thank you.
    I was in the process of catching up on mod updates from the last 2-1/2 months (when I was in hospital/rehab) but probably should put that project on hold anyway... :/ Thinking of doing a full clean folder game reset; also want to start doing a rebuild of my template save so I can start fresh. I've been inspired to do some premades makeovers from what I've seen on Twitter while flat on my back.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and are back on your feet soon.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I'm looking forward to it. They are hopefully going to fix the lag when entering/exiting build mode.
    logion wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to it. They are hopefully going to fix the lag when entering/exiting build mode.

Yes, I also hope they fix the lag when opening the cooking menus as well.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Thank you for the update!

Fingers are crossed there might be a few extra surprises in store.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery, @stilljustme2 ❤️🌻🌸🌺🌹
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Well no attraction system I guess.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I am more intrigued by the whole b/b mode lag and if it will be fixed with this. More interested in bug fixes in general. Nice that they keep adding stuff, but more money, more problems.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Didn't they say they fixed the lag with the last patch?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Didn't they say they fixed the lag with the last patch?

No, they announced it is something they are looking into/working on at the same time as they told us what was in the last patch.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I really really hope they finally fix the ground gardening & bring some very wanted stuff in the base.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Thanks, considering I'm literally only on one foot -- left one was injuired and got infected which landed me in the hospital. Getting around pretty well with a wheelchair for now, but looking forward to having two good feet again hopefully.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Hoping we get the "please take your seats" command to base game. Base game weddings should have sitting guests.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    I'm kinda hoping for a surprise basegame attraction system, but I don't want to get my hopes up
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    That new preset says I'll probably be pulling more of my sims off the gallery yay.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member

Thanks, considering I'm literally only on one foot -- left one was injuired and got infected which landed me in the hospital. Getting around pretty well with a wheelchair for now, but looking forward to having two good feet again hopefully.

Swift recovery! :)

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    At this point, I just hope they fix some big bugs. I can't even live in mt komorebi without some random hiker causing the game to crash. Anything else would just be an added bonus/surprise.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm really hoping that slow dancing will be base game! It's something I've been wanting for a long time now since there are not that many options for romantic interactions. Hopefully it will be in there in this patch!
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    At this point, I just hope they fix some big bugs. I can't even live in mt komorebi without some random hiker causing the game to crash. Anything else would just be an added bonus/surprise.

Have you mentioned that in the link below?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

I think they already knew about seeing that others had similar problems when looking it up; but I could always try make another bug report just in case.

I think they already knew about seeing that others had similar problems when looking it up; but I could always try make another bug report just in case.

Please do cause that's a game breaking bug.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Looking forward to the new color swatches. I am guessing maybe some white and black swatches so more dresses and suits can be used for the wedding. I really hope they are adding those gorgeous teal and sapphire blue colors.