Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where do you take sims for dating or family activities to become closer?

I don't know great places to go? Got most packs.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I replace all community lots in my game with better versions from the gallery that have a lot more "stuff to do" on them because they use alot of packs. The lots that come in the game itself simply don't, because they never make lots that use more than one pack+the base game.

With all lots in all worlds replaced with better versions, there's no where I do not take my Sims. I go everywhere with them. My favorite places though are parks when the weather is good, because there are so many fun activities for a family there, and pools. That's for families. For dating, generally restaurants, bars, nightclubs and lounges. I have a bowling ally/arcade in my game that is also a really fun date night. It has tons of games, and also a bar for food and drink, and of course, bowling.

But truly, I take my sims everywhere. Even just a afternoon to go grocery shopping is fun, because the grocery store I built in one of my worlds has a bar and cafe inside the store and around back I put a small park with playground equipment for toddlers and kids as well as a basketball court, so when my Sims need groceries I'll bring the whole family along and let the kids and teens play in back while the parents go shopping, and perhaps enjoy a short break at the bar, inside.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    For the sims who live in Brindleton Bay, I have them go to the park. I change it to match with the seasons; in the winter, it has an indoor location to relax and warm up, while the outdoors has a a skating rink. I also built a community center, so sims can go there to hang out with friend, build skills, get a warm meal and practice their hobbies.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Another nice place for dating is the Onsen Bathhouse - hiking off into the snow together and then returning for a soak in the hot springs. The temple is quite a romantic place to hike to; one of my sims proposed there and I got some lovely screenshots.

Or the cinema to watch a romantic movie, maybe followed by a meal out. Or even to the beach, building sandcastles and swimming and sunbathing together with a picnic or bbq afterwards.

For families, I like the beach and parks in good weather. For snowy times I like to take them sledding or ice skating. For rainy days, maybe just a day at the local library (with a kids play zone inside while the adults relax with a book or play on the computer).
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The Lighthouse in Brendleton Bay

Nightclubs with a Dance Floor

The Pool Lot world in Windenburg

A Bowling Alley and Skating with Lots I place for that

A Romantic Hotel which I downloaded. Well it's a rental but it's basically like staying in a Hotel.

Occasionally I'll send them on a vacation to Sulani.

Occasionally the Onseen Lot in the Snowey Escape World. That's a great date location.

The lot on top of the highrise in Myshuno that has the bubble blower. I forget the name but I placed a hottub up there as well making it very romantic.

A Nice Romantic Restuarent I downloaded.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It depends on the Sims in question. One couple spends all their time at a karaoke lounge I created. Three brothers like going to the science museum. Two siblings enjoy the museum in Willow Creek.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    It depends on the Sims in question. One couple spends all their time at a karaoke lounge I created. Three brothers like going to the science museum. Two siblings enjoy the museum in Willow Creek.

Oh yes I take my couples to karokes as well.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Pool and nightclub(modern one)- Windenburg.
    Karaoke bars in San Myshuno
    Beaches in Sulani
    Spas and restaurants placed from prospective packs.

**Im not a builder so I only slightly change shipped lots to add content from other packs.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I usually only take the whole family to places with stuff for kids to do, like parks, beaches, pools and bowling alleys. Very few of the public lots in my game are still the original, and one thing I've changed is that most parks and beaches have at least some of the toddler play equipment from the toddler stuff pack and some of the pet stuff from Cats and Dogs, so they're really for the whole family.

For dates I usually go with restaurants, sometimes bars, nightclubs and karaoke lounges.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Mostly to the Stargazer lounge in San Myshino which I updated
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    - Parks
    - Several restaurants. I have different kinds like: A family restaurant, Pancake Restaurant, Cafe's, a food truck next to waters in Brindleton Bey, an expensive and chique restaurant for the rich sims
    - Bowling Alley
    - Skating Ring
    - Cinema (using the big screen from Movie Stuff, there are a lot of cool builds on the gallery)
    - Museum
    - Beach
    - Karaoke bar's
    - the Festivals that came with City Living

And honestly more. What I like to do is look at all the Activity Objects in the game and somehow try to plan out what kind of community lots I can create/download for them. So that almost every object can be used on community lots and maybe even have clubs for it.
    For example: I don't like having the Archeology Table in sims houses. So I downloaded a Museum and edited the build to add a small workshop room with the Archeology Table. We could even create a Club for sims that are into Archeology and the museum is their hangout spot.

👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    With family it’s usually national parks or community lots. For dates it’s usually either bars, lounges or restaurants. At the moment I use the pub in henford quite a lot for dates. I build my own lots and rarely use the EA ones or if I do they get edited.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    It depends on their Traits, Lifestyles and Likes/Dislikes. Traits take longer to find out without the Observant trait, but you can find out their preferences quickly.

If they have a hobby that can be done together somewhere, such as Bowling or Fishing, it makes a good date option, unless your sim absolutely hates the activitity in question.

If they are Outdoorsy or Loves the Outdoors, then Parks, Beaches and similar outdoor locales will provide them with a Happy moodlet and boost their mood, making for a better date.

If they are a Goofball/Likes Comedy or a Music Lover/Likes Violin/Likes Guitar/Likes Piano, they might enjoy a trip to the Lounge to watch a performance, while one who Likes Singing would have fun at a Karaoke Bar.

Art Lovers and would enjoy Galleries, Museums, Arts Centre and Parks with lots of statuary, and possibly Retail lots selling those, photographs and prints too.

Foodies/Gluttons will enjoy restaurants as long as the food is decent quality, and might enjoy a Café, Bakery or Ice Cream Shop too.

Just some examples.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I replace all community lots in my game with better versions from the gallery that have a lot more "stuff to do" on them because they use alot of packs. The lots that come in the game itself simply don't, because they never make lots that use more than one pack+the base game.

With all lots in all worlds replaced with better versions, there's no where I do not take my Sims. I go everywhere with them. My favorite places though are parks when the weather is good, because there are so many fun activities for a family there, and pools. That's for families. For dating, generally restaurants, bars, nightclubs and lounges. I have a bowling ally/arcade in my game that is also a really fun date night. It has tons of games, and also a bar for food and drink, and of course, bowling.

But truly, I take my sims everywhere. Even just a afternoon to go grocery shopping is fun, because the grocery store I built in one of my worlds has a bar and cafe inside the store and around back I put a small park with playground equipment for toddlers and kids as well as a basketball court, so when my Sims need groceries I'll bring the whole family along and let the kids and teens play in back while the parents go shopping, and perhaps enjoy a short break at the bar, inside.

Wow! Is your gallery name the same and do you have that grocery store up for download? Also do you need a mod to go grocery shopping in sims4? Eta: i never know where to take groups of Sims, particularly across age groups, because most community spaces and venues are so narrow in focus that it's not family-friendly, and the date spots are so barren and empty.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    edited February 2022
    Wow! Is your gallery name the same and do you have that grocery store up for download? Also do you need a mod to go grocery shopping in sims4? Eta: i never know where to take groups of Sims, particularly across age groups, because most community spaces and venues are so narrow in focus that it's not family-friendly, and the date spots are so barren and empty.

My Gallery User name is actually different. My forum name pre-dates Origin but now game login (and thus gallery name) is tied to Origin so it just ended up that way. I honestly wish it wasn't different, but it is what it is.

Regardless, it doesn't matter...because I don't upload much of anything to the gallery. I use a lot of CC and mods in my game while at the same time being a person who doesn't like to download anything with CC and mods so, out of respect for other people who also don't like to download things which used CC and Mods...I upload very little. :lol:

In this case, however, it doesn't matter! The grocery store in my game is a modified version of someone else's grocery store. The base store is incredible, I just put it on a larger lot so that I could add the playground in the back. And I added more display cases and food inside to be sold plus the Cafe (which requires a mod to be auto-staffed). The base lot that I worked from is on the gallery here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/86CF1205F8FB11EB8DE0486C5771AD1E

00.jpg

And no, you don't need mods to go grocery shopping, just the Get to Work pack. It's set up as a retail lot, and literally ALL of the food and ALL of the ingredients in the game except for the Red and White wrapped meat from Cottage Living can be marked for sale at a retail location. Even the jams and conserves and mayo and eggs and all the different types of milk from cottage living are for sale in my grocery store. Just not red and white wrapped meat, unfortunately. You can buy and sell fish at least though.

I added the Cottage Living grocery store vendor stand to the side of the store outside so that I can also still get red and white wrapped meat when I visit it. I just wish I could buy them INSIDE the store with all the other ingredients.

• NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    For me, it depends on the Sims and their personalities. My default activity is grabbing lunch at a nice restaurant. Sometimes, it'll be getting coffee at a cafe. I have nightclubs, karaoke bars, bowling alleys, skating rinks, and movie theatres in my world for dates and hangout spots.

For family activities, I have several multifunctional parks with toddler and children playground equipment. I even added some pet equipment so the dogs can join in on family outings. I also have an ice cream parlor where my Sims can take the whole family for a treat. It's a retail store that sells ice cream bowls and toddlers can eat the ice cream, too.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

My Gallery User name is actually different. My forum name pre-dates Origin but now game login (and thus gallery name) is tied to Origin so it just ended up that way. I honestly wish it wasn't different, but it is what it is.

Regardless, it doesn't matter...because I don't upload much of anything to the gallery. I use a lot of CC and mods in my game while at the same time being a person who doesn't like to download anything with CC and mods so, out of respect for other people who also don't like to download things which used CC and Mods...I upload very little. :lol:

In this case, however, it doesn't matter! The grocery store in my game is a modified version of someone else's grocery store. The base store is incredible, I just put it on a larger lot so that I could add the playground in the back. And I added more display cases and food inside to be sold plus the Cafe (which requires a mod to be auto-staffed). The base lot that I worked from is on the gallery here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/86CF1205F8FB11EB8DE0486C5771AD1E

00.jpg

And no, you don't need mods to go grocery shopping, just the Get to Work pack. It's set up as a retail lot, and literally ALL of the food and ALL of the ingredients in the game except for the Red and White wrapped meat from Cottage Living can be marked for sale at a retail location. Even the jams and conserves and mayo and eggs and all the different types of milk from cottage living are for sale in my grocery store. Just not red and white wrapped meat, unfortunately. You can buy and sell fish at least though.

I added the Cottage Living grocery store vendor stand to the side of the store outside so that I can also still get red and white wrapped meat when I visit it. I just wish I could buy them INSIDE the store with all the other ingredients.

Ok, this is strange. I read your post yesterday where you spoke of your grocery store and thought that was a great idea. I searched the gallary and came across this very same grocery store and downloaded it last night. I spent the next hour or so changing it a bit. It is such a cute idea and my simmies love going to the store.

Thanks to your post, I now have a grocery store in my game. So funny and fun that we ended up using the same store : )
    edited February 2022
    Freygea wrote: »

Thanks to your post, I now have a grocery store in my game. So funny and fun that we ended up using the same store : )

Well, it really is the best looking grocery store in the gallery! Assuming you like "country charm" at least. And Simmaddness put so very much effort into it, clearly, with how much individual produce is all carefully arranged both in the windows and out in the sale area.

If you are using it, Some suggestions for alterations that I would offer is:
    1. Add some LICE retail freezers and buy the store with an actual Sim. You can use a throwaway sim that you never play again, it just needs to have a Sim owning it in order to stock the freezers. Then add milk and eggs to those freezers with the Sim who owns it. This will allow your played Sims to buy however many milk and eggs that they want out of the freezer, all without even the need for restocking. The store is missing the various flavors of milk and doesn't have enough eggs (imo) out on display.
    2. Add some flour and sugar. Right now there's none for sale in the store, but both can be sold on a retail lot.
    3. Add the missing produce. Avocados, Black Beans, Coconuts, and pineapples are the ones I can think of which are missing.

If you are into Cottage Living, also maybe add some wool for sale up where there is already miscellaneous items being sold.

And if you are open to using mods, add the mod by LittleMsSams that lets you add a lot trait which adds staff to the bar upstairs automatically. If you are interested in having the bar operate without having an active Sim staffing it. I did this and also added a cafe counter in the same area. Makes for a nice upstairs area to have a drink and buy some food if you want to eat right there in the store.

It's a great store for sure.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I break my saves into "zones" wherein a sim can jump from one world in one zone to another but has to vacation to go anywhere else. (so for example Zone 1 is Willow Creek, Newcrest, and Magnolia Promenade). I try and make sure each of my zones has one of the following: A karaoke bar or a bowling alley (Those are great for young adult date nights, friend group gatherings, or family nights) A nightclub or a lounge, (great for dates), a coffee shop AND a bar (I like either one for small sync ups like BFFs going out for coffee, etc) and a park OR a community center OR both.

I said this in a similar thread but I LOVE the community centers for all sorts of play. I download lots from the gallery and heavily edit them to be true community centers. My community centers typically have a meeting room, a yoga studio, a place for kids to play, game tables and ping pong tables, knitting circles, sometimes even a laundromat. Sometimes my families will spend whole days whiling away at the community centers. They work great for vanilla players because a few vendors will show up to man stalls and the market tables will fill up even if you haven't changed the community center into a marketplace, for example.

However, some of my favorite lots that I ever downloaded that helps with family bonding are parks in general, especially Moonlight Owl's "Festival Parks." Each park has been edited for each season's festival. So the Leisure Day version has a roller rink, outdoor movie setup, etc. Here's an example.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    There are several good spots. I usually try to choose the place that fits the character's personality.

But I think one of the best all-around spots that comes with an expansion pack is that park in San Myshuno. It's a large lot with lots of romantic settings. It has things to satisfy any needs that sims might suddenly come up with on their date (toilets, mirrors, kitchen, bathtub, coffee maker, mirrors.) It even has a bar to mix your own drinks, a piano for musical sims to serenade with, and a telescope for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims to woohoo.) But the best thing of all is that it is relatively secluded, so you don't have to worry about strangers walking up to you and interrupting your date.

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I built an Arts Center that has all the skill-building items -- originally had it in Newcrest but lately I've put it in Del Sol Valley where Judith Ward normally lives (I moved her to a fancy penthouse in San Myshuno) because the view is great for painting on the digital sketchpad. My Arts Center (Academy of Arts and Sciences) has a couple of wall murals, telescopes, a rocket ship, computers, a small library, arts room, etc. plus a toddler/kids room. It's a great place to take the whole family to work on skills since you can easily switch between the members.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I have found that if you want something for the whole family including toddlers you need to update the lots with specific furniture, potties and what not. My most inclusive lot for the entire family is a community space, I have designed it as a community center with day care and playground for children, gardening, lots of craft tables, painting, sales tables and food stalls. Sims can craft, buy and sell, do some gardening, talk to each other, eat and play. Another inclusive lot is a community pool with facilities for all ages. Beaches and parks are also great for the whole family. For adult sims dates, they go to restaurants, pubs, karaoke. Sometimes they just go to the neighbourhood skating rinks and then have some food and drinks from the food stalls. But like others have said, it depends on your sim and what their interests are.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    It depends on the save mostly even if I have different make overs for sims or actually treat them different whatever fits bounces, but when I decide to keep a save I will replace the bar in Brindleton with a seafood restaurant. I update the calico club for the summer "independence" day, and I have specific builds that may or may not make the cut with it. One is small ice rink where they can have a party and get a cake with a small arcade for everyone. Not much just something to make memories at, some things I haven't used in a while are my kid themed restaurants and play centers that I might have a teenager take a kid to or where parents just drop them off and go entertain themselves, if nothing else I'll have a place to put toddler beds and focus on the older sims if I feel like doing nothing would just add to whatever lot I drag my sims out of the house for I guess it also depends how you look at family time.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I do the same as @Stormkeep. I look on the gallery for updated community lots or o es I've already updated myself.

For dates I like going to the restaurants. At least when they work I do. I also like going to a Lounge.

For family fun nights out and about its either bowling or a movie theater. There are lots of great theaters on the gallery. I have 2, one is a bar and the other a lounge or nightclub can't remember what I uploaded as.

If I have toddlers I go to my updated willow park.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    For families I really use the club system to create the lot types I want as they are really so limited and boring but with clubs you can actually make Sims show up and do those activities with your played Sims. I use an arcade lot I made a lot it has a bunch of the already in game activities like karaoke table tennis the arcade system from Get Together and that one vr thing from base game then I added ski ball and a claw machine so a decent number of activities there. I also made a movie theater lot it works well for dating and families with movie night and some cc movie theater seats combined it makes the lot feel like the real thing.

Besides those the usual bowling alley, skating rink restaurants nightclubs the stuff everyone has.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Thank you! Everyone has such great ideas! I built a park, and now I have some ideas for other places. I also need to make better use of that club system. lol.