Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    Hmm... Something I remember from the past.

Ever since the game was released, when sim with materialistic trait routes to safety during a fire, they'll cry while their home is burning.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I think you are thinking of fish not hens & roosters @Admiral8Q LOL

I think you are correct. lol!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUU76f0do9s
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I stand corrected. To all the male chickens (roosters) out there, to romance the hen, do a dance first, build up the romance.
    Then WOOHOO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msSc7Mv0QHY

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I stand corrected. To all the male chickens (roosters) out there, to romance the hen, do a dance first, build up the romance.
    Then WOOHOO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msSc7Mv0QHY

Omg, what did I just watch? I guess I will have to scroll back through the topic to find out why there is a dancing chicken video here haha. Thanks for making me laugh @Admiral8Q :joy:

@Elliandre My previous post. With Becky's Homestead explaining it. :D;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've never seen this before, and I assume it's new? but I just found out that you can now completely turn off the gallery in settings. It'll replace it with "my library" and a folder icon instead

gallery2.png
    gallery.png
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    edited February 2022
    I just learned today that you have an option to give plate to dogs if they are begging for food!

WJsvIIh.png

My Sim's dog was begging for food while he was eating breakfast. I clicked on her to give her some food from his plate and this option was there instead.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    @Admiral8Q on behalf of "Rocky" and his ladies I thank you for the correction. :D
    pPJlpfT.jpg
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I've been playing since the game first came out and I just recently learned that after loading a save game, when you select the household to play you can click on the portrait of the specific Sim in that household which you want to play over on the bottom left and there's a button over on that side to load into the household wherever that specific Sim is.

All this time, I've always just clicked the button on the bottom right after selecting the household and never knew there was a way to pick the specific Sim so that it loads whatever location that Sim was at when you saved.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I do that after I've quit playing and left a sim at one of their owned businesses.
    I do that after I've quit playing and left a sim at one of their owned businesses.

That's exactly what I have been doing with it! I've been playing a lot of Sims who own businesses in my current game, so discovering it was a godsend. I don't know how I missed it for years.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I was watching a let's play. And she was switching 2 frogs between 2 sims so they can both breed them. But she didn't do that with the toddler. Did you know that the only ones who can't breed the frogs is a baby. All other age groups can. Elder, Adult, Young Adult, Teen, Child and Toddler. I would breed 2 frogs until I had 4 then put 2 in my partners inventory. Then I would take one from each after they breed them and put it in my teens inventory. I would continue this until the whole family had at least 2 frogs. Plus I continue to collect. Once in a while i would give one sim all the frogs, then take each frog and give one to each sim. I did that for variety. Once everyone has one of each of what we have i sell the rest.
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    I was watching a let's play. And she was switching 2 frogs between 2 sims so they can both breed them. But she didn't do that with the toddler. Did you know that the only ones who can't breed the frogs is a baby. All other age groups can. Elder, Adult, Young Adult, Teen, Child and Toddler. I would breed 2 frogs until I had 4 then put 2 in my partners inventory. Then I would take one from each after they breed them and put it in my teens inventory. I would continue this until the whole family had at least 2 frogs. Plus I continue to collect. Once in a while i would give one sim all the frogs, then take each frog and give one to each sim. I did that for variety. Once everyone has one of each of what we have i sell the rest.

You can breed frogs? :o

Well... there's something I didn't know! :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

OMG, I just now this very moment learned that if you listen to metal on a stereo there are options to BRUTALLY DANCE and AIR GUITAR TO METAL (the all caps are how the game presents the options). I do not like metal music so never turn the stereos to it, but right now I have a teen in the household that is doing it autonomously all the time. It's the only reason I've noticed.

haha, i love those little touches like this that they add to things in Sims games.
  • Sati101Sati101 Posts: 43 Member
    > @NightlyCoffee said:
    > I just learned today that you have an option to give plate to dogs if they are begging for food!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > My Sim's dog was begging for food while he was eating breakfast. I clicked on her to give her some food from his plate and this option was there instead.

Best name!
  • Sati101Sati101 Posts: 43 Member
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > You can breed frogs? :o
    >
    > Well... there's something I didn't know! :D

Omg I didn't know that either
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »

I always have frogs especially in my vampires' inventories, it's an easy way to produce plasma packs. ;)
    Sati101 wrote: »
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > You can breed frogs? :o
    >
    > Well... there's something I didn't know! :D

Omg I didn't know that either

Yeah. I was (and am still a bit) confused about that, so found this on Carl's Sims 4 Guide:
    (I still have to get around to trying though) ;)

The Sims 4 Collections: Frog Breeding

On a side note, I've never been to the Sylvan Glade yet. I know it's there, but keep forgetting to try it out. Doh!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    All your sims can breed frogs as long as they have at least two frogs in their inventory. After breeding you have to wait a while too breed again. I check often, as least as often as i remember. Remember, the only sim who can't breed frogs is a baby. Toddlers and up can.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    In an opposite sex wedding, the bride will always stand to the left

getting-married-sims-4.jpg
  • SHKnightSHKnight Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Admiral8Q said:
    > Yeah. I was (and am still a bit) confused about that, so found this on Carl's Sims 4 Guide:
    > (I still have to get around to trying though) ;)
    >
    > The Sims 4 Collections: Frog Breeding
    >
    > On a side note, I've never been to the Sylvan Glade yet. I know it's there, but keep forgetting to try it out. Doh!

Fun frog fact your frogs would breed by themselves in sims 2.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I just realized I can shift click dumpsters to set the amount of trash anywhere from empty to overflowing
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I didn’t know that the death cheats were disabled a while ago.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @SimDork23 Do you use mods? There's a mod called All Cheats by TwistedMexi that reenabled cheats that were disabled. MCCC also has the ability to cheat Sim deaths.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2022
    @NightlyCoffee I don’t use mods, but some other nice simmers were telling me about them, too. I’m going to check them out, thanks!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top