Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Want To See In the Base Game?

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    Wings7Wings7 Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2013
    "Open for Business". I was hoping for this in The Sims 3. This is a very fun and rewarding aspect of The Sims game play.

Patrick
  • Options
    LaPeteLaPete Posts: 27
    edited May 2013
    -I like the idea of natural disasters (preferably able to turn off the same way you can disable certain seasons). Maybe even make a career similar to the Red Cross or allow for volunteers.

-More difficult career progressions. Of course I want my sims to reach the top of their career but not before they're an adult and I don't want to sacrifice having a longer life to make it more challenging. A 20-day young adult lifespan just doesn't cut it for me.

-I wish my level 10 gardener could cultivate flowers instead of a million perfect tomatoes. I like the idea of having a "best garden" contest in the community.

-Private school! I despise sending my sims to boarding school because I can't raise them how I want. I enjoyed the stress of impressing the headmaster, touring the home, and making a great meal.

-Vacations (not like World Adventures). I thought sending my sims on **** was fun. Even if this isn't something for the base game I would consider buying it as part of an EP assuming it had more content.

-Second jobs. What if my sim wants to work at the spa part time but still keep their low-level career? As of right now I can't and it sometimes drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Christian531Christian531 Posts: 20
    edited May 2013
    abugsmom wrote:
    Someone has probably said this already... in a sec I will go through the responses... but my number one desire is a seamless WORLD... neighborhoods that connect as you get new EP's... no more moving and losing all of your contacts. That would be perfect. Second, of course, more realistic/less cartoonish looks to the people. I always feel like hairs and such are so fake looking in Sims... I would love a more realistic look. I'm sure I'll think of more.

I agree 1,000%!!!

Why is it that we can not decide to move from one town to another. I think that in TS4 I should be able to start my family in a town and their child decides to move to the city and start his own family. This shouldn't be just a vacation either, even though that should be an option as well. I want to go on a "road trip" with the family to the city or visit Aunt No Name out in the country or move to a new town because my Sim wants a new job. The possibilities are endless!!!
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited May 2013
    The content included in Ambitions, Generations, Showtime, Pets, and Seasons should honestly be in the base game. That being said, they can only put so much in the base game. So, they should put:
    1. Generations. I like the content, but it should be in the base game.
    2. Seasons and Pets. A MUST at this point.

Now there's also the WOW factor, the thing that makes the upgrade worth it. That should either be:

Completely seamless world, all worlds from EPs and store and player built connected, or at least moveable without losing anything. Maybe all could be sub-worlds that you can move to in game?

All Sims 1, 2, and 3 features + EP content in base game. Highly unlikely, but people can dream!

More build/buy options, CAS options, prettier Sims, etc. Not that WOWing, should be combined with another.

Gradual aging and height. These two basically go hand-in-hand, so that's why I'm putting them together.

And, what would absolutely MAKE this game is game modes.
    Basically, they could have:
    1. Free play (however you want, fully customizable)
    2. Single family
    3. God mode
    4. Legacy mode
    5. Apocalypse mode
    Then create-your-own-mode.
    Each of these modes could unlock different features (like god mode switching houses) and apply to certain rules (like apocalypse would automatically make you follow the rules so you don't have to memorize them all).
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited May 2013
    Season and Pets are not a "Must" in the base game. They are big-time sellers for EA.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Kevida120766Kevida120766 Posts: 835 Member
    edited May 2013
    The biggest thing I'd like to see for TS4 is something to be removed..The Sims Store.. Or any other "micro-transactions"!
  • Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2013
    Deshong04 wrote:
    I'll probably repeat a lot of what others already stated but...

-Infants, Toddlers get more attention such as interactions, content, features, etc

-Kids, Teens and Elders get more attention such as interactions, content, features, etc

-Well balanced categories/content for all age groups and not just YA/A , there is so much in content, that it takes the forever to load it all. Whereas if everything was balanced out, the loading times upon having all EP's/SP's some Store Content, etc wouldn't be so horrendous.

-More and more family-orientated interactions between the same age and between different ages.

-Height

-Different body shapes for both male/female like:
    2dlm6b7.jpg
    2aad40k.jpg

-Infants and already pregnant sims in CAS

-Weather/Seasons

-Swimming in lakes/ponds/rivers/ocean

-Calendar (Year, month, weeks, days)

-Recolorable lenses (Yeah, I'm still hoping for that. 8) )

-Variety of different hair textures/styles for both male/female and all age groups: curly, wavy, Afro, braids, twists, dreadlocks, etc

-Decent, stylish clothes and hairstyles (I would rather not have a gazillion mini skirts and dresses nor other skimpy outfits. Lets get more variety, please.)

-Dating like TS Hot Date/TS2 Nightlife with the turn-on/turn-offs, some sort of new and improved chemistry system but an option for no preferences too.

-Shopping like TS Hot Date/TS2

-Group Outings for kids and up (Hoping parents can group up with their kids and siblings can group up together and kids who are friends can group up. It's odd how kids always get left behind. Even though I do notice that, 'Follow mom/dad'

-Old but also new musical instruments (bongos, saxophone, harp, etc)

-OFB

-Dancing as an official skill and not a hidden one plus as a profession like AMB careers

-Certain buildings should never be RH's like: Theatre, Spa, Bookstore, Supermarket, Bistro, Diner

-New community lots: Malls, clothing stores, jewelry stores, furniture store, etc

Completely agree,I also like to see:

Muscular calves for males and females in CAS there should be a slider for it:

calf-muscle-exercises.jpg

A Bicep slider for male and females:

112608.jpg

More muscular bodies for males and females:

Isabell_sample2.jpg

• Options
    Erich_RaederErich_Raeder Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • Options
    AODDYAODDY Posts: 42 Member
    edited May 2013
    as long as the camera angle from The Sims is not brought back, I don't care. The renders on The SimsVIP show an inverted view like in The Sims... I don't want that! :shock:
  • Options
    scrapper42scrapper42 Posts: 1,881 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see a camera at the beginning so our sims can take photos to decorate their houses with. :mrgreen: Also a tripod so they can take photos of themselves & family with an action to have sim pose & stay posed until we click to have them stop posing. That way we can take a few photographs of them & or their family. The decorations for walls are very limited especially with the base game so please give use cameras in the base game. :wink:

Also it would be better if we had a lot more furniture sets & themes so our houses are not so ugly. :D Plus when releasing other SP & EP's the only items used in worlds that are released are from the current EP or SP along with the base game. We really need more & better furniture in the base pack. Not all ugly & cheap stuff.

The last thing I would really like to see are apartments because in real life people can't afford homes right away. Have an apartment system that really works with common areas we can change & add to. It would be nice not to have to spend all ours sims starting out funds on a house right from the get go. Apartments are a much better idea.

Last but not least I figure there will be a Sims 4 Store so give us a larger amount of simpoints with the base pack. Make simpoints more affordable by either having the simpoints cost less or the store items less simpoints to buy. If you make it more affordable to more people then you will get more sales. More sales equal more money for EA. :!:
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2013
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    I really, really hope we get some of the features that took so long to get in expansions in the base game. What I think would be good is to take one or two major game improvements from expansions and put them in the base game so that we don't feel like we are completely starting over.

I'd like to see:

Basic weather - Seasonal changes, but just rain, snow, and wind. They can add other things pertaining to weather in later, like natural disasters.

Split-level building - This would be a new improvement to build mode. I'd like to be able to build split level homes without having to use cheats and distort walls.

Spiral, modular, and half-landing stairs - Honestly...the build tools just need to be there from day one. Anything else included in EP's should be aesthetic, like cornices.

Cats, dogs and fish tanks - If we get more animals in a future EP, it should be new and exciting, not the ones we've had all along.

Things to do from Freeplay - Some hobby items that can entertain our sims from the start. They can add on to it later and it gives our sims and us something to do as we wait for expansions.

I would like for every occupation to be accountable - So if you want to hire a maid, it will be someone who actually lives in the town, not an npc. The whole town should work together to create a community and we players should have access to those jobs, too. Some of my sims don't want to be CEO's and doctors, some just want to be gardeners and maids.

Swimming in the ocean is a must from the start - I remember being so excited about beaches when TS3 came out, only to find out that there was nothing to do at them. I also want to see townies playing in the water, too. It's not really a beach if only your playable sims swim.

Bring back private schools - And the headmaster challenge. That was fun!

Alright...I'm beginning to draw a blank, but I know there is more I want. Add yours.

Oh yeah...BABIES...

Can they actually do something? Infants have milestones, any parent will tell you.

I would like to see them have more and better interactions. Heck, make them a mini-game challenge.

Teach them to sit up

Teach them to crawl

Teach them to roll over

Teach them to babble

Let every age group have interactions with them, including toddlers (let their sibling be nice or jealous of them). I would love to see their toddler and child siblings sneakingly try to carry them.

And then toddlers...they can also do a whole lot more and I'd love if they acted more like toddlers and did some mischievous things, too.

I think that pretty much nails it without going overboard. Personally I think Weather, Pets and decent build tools should be without question.

Build tools that I think should be in the base game:
    Stairs: Spiral, modular, and half-landing stairs (absolutely!!) I also think it would be nice if we could put stairs at an angle.
    Curved staircases would be nice but I could wait and it would be a selling point as part of an ep for me.

Roofs: Roof color options!!!! You should be able to pick the style and color. individual roof angle/pagoda sliders.
    They've come a long way with roof design but anything to make it easier would be awesome (When you start dragging a roof and the dimensions pop up that you could enter the dimensions that you want?)

I'm also on board with the limited Rabbit holes!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    Season and Pets are not a "Must" in the base game. They are big-time sellers for EA.

If that's the case and they are still depending on them for survival then it's time for the franchise to die. If they plan on regurgitating them for the fourth time as an expansion I see no point in buying TS4 at all. And it breaks my heart to say that as I am a die hard simmer from TS1.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2013
    treece01 wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:

If that's the case and they are still depending on them for survival then it's time for the franchise to die. If they plan on regurgitating them for the fourth time as an expansion I see no point in buying TS4 at all. And it breaks my heart to say that as I am a die hard simmer from TS1.

Agree! I think we are past the point of waiting for cats and dogs in an expansion pack. If we get new animals, it should be a zoo EP or farm EP or both. It should be new and cutting edge, not what we know is already possible and should be there. That's why I said pets in the base game so they can add some game-changers later in an EP. I know some of my kid sims would love to become zoologists and veterinarians.
  • Options
    BaybeeDoll666BaybeeDoll666 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Torin145 said:
    > The more I think about this the more I want. It seems like a lot of people want the same things, so hopefully someone at EA actually looks at these threads. I already posted a list somewhere else, so I'm just going to say what's new that comes to mind now.
    >
    > -Buying clothes. I hate that all of my sims have identical wardrobes. I liked that they could buy the clothes that would suit them.
    > -Above ground pools and hot tubs.
    > -Kiddie pools for toddlers, along with aaaallll of the other toddler stuff we need
    > -Basic weather from the getgo
    > -Personality and actual relationships. A family needs to feel like a family and friends actually need to seem like friends.
    > -Better genetics
    > -Better swimming interactions
    > -Ability to move from one town to another
    > -Grandparents/aunts/uncles/whatever can babysit instead of a random teenager who ignores the kid
    > -Better interactions with extended family. More random visits from Aunty Sim. Spend the weekend at Grandmas.
    > -Something as simple as a sim husband waving goodbye to his wife as he leaves for work, or kids waving goodbye as they leave for school. I feel like the sims live in the same house but that is the total extent of their relationship.
    > -Sims can get colds or the flu. Getting sick should actually affect them. Their energy drops fast or they have a headache and wont talk to anyone. Something realistic. TS3 seasons just gives them a moodlet that really has no affect on them whatsoever.
    >
    > I'm going to stop now but I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Pool floaties would be nice, like why can't my sim just lounge on a floatie with their shades on, sipping a "juice", working on a suntan?
    I agree to a lot of those little things though. The waves goodbye, family babysitters. And why did they get rid of the cars or burglars, or the detailed customization of tattoos (TS3 was amazing with that), granted the burglars sucked but still.

A small thing I noticed that's kind of annoying is when I have 2 sims out in public, sitting down talking, some random sim comes over and joins the conversation and suddenly it's a big group convo...like what if we're on a date here!?
    Another annoying thing is when sims call and ask to hangout somewhere, why must my sim go to that location? Why can't I send them alone(or with friends) but stay home and play as my other sims.
    Also i get lots of calls and texts from sims always asking the same questions/advice:
    "Hey, I was thinking of getting to know (Enter sim name here). What do you think?" Like personally I couldn't care less.
    or
    "I found a ring in (insert sim name here) bag, I think their going to propose. Should I say yes?"
    Like.. 1. why are you snooping?
    2. sometimes these people aren't even together
    3. That's definitely a YOU decision....
  • Options
    I loved how in TS3 you could go to the actual stores (grocery, bookstore, etc)
    Also it seems kind of pointless to plant things in the garden when you can just buy the seeds and use them from there, there's no need to actually grow them. If you're opening a seed packet then it should be an actual seed that you need to plant in order to get the fruit, veggie, flower, herb that it is.
  • Options
    > @BaybeeDoll666 said:
    > I loved how in TS3 you could go to the actual stores (grocery, bookstore, etc)
    > Also it seems kind of pointless to plant things in the garden when you can just buy the seeds and use them from there, there's no need to actually grow them. If you're opening a seed packet then it should be an actual seed that you need to plant in order to get the fruit, veggie, flower, herb that it is.
    Or when you get married have the option to change your last name?...
    Speaking of weddings, why is it so difficult to get everyone to watch the ceremony?
  • Options
    EA_MakoEA_Mako Posts: 846 EA Community Manager
    Hey @BaybeeDoll666,

This thread is from 2013 so it's quite old at this point.

I'll be locking this to avoid additional necroposting, but please feel free to post in a more recent topic instead, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top