Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your mods folder?

124...Next

Comments

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    11+ gigs. 700 merged. 3,000 unmerged.

And I'll bet the more players have, the more they will complain about going through them when the patch breaks.

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I have just under 3 gb with mostly custom content, which I dearly love. My mods consist of MCC, Wonderful Whims, Have Some Personality Please, then there are the 30 or so mods by LittleMsSam and bienchen83 that I can't do without. Just under 4000 files would be my best guess and I am very picky as to what cc I download. I know the limit is coming up soon, so I try to pick and choose carefully. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I once had maybe 4000 MB of mods and cc. Now I have maybe 500 MB-1500 MB
  • SimGamer2021SimGamer2021 Posts: 11 New Member
    Mine is empty as haven't downloaded a mod before! I would like to though. The 'life' one I read a lot about!
  • EdnaNooseEdnaNoose Posts: 6 New Member
    15.8GB and it crashes often. I'm a shopaholic so love CC and just download everything. Try to keep it organised and clean out things I don't use but, without a delete option in the game, I forget what items I want to delete and can't even find some as their names aren't obvious. I have a proper gaming computer that can handle much bigger games than The Sims 4 but crashes. If it crashed at the start it would be annoying but I could tailor it but it crashes after I've loaded a game and gone to build on a lot, after I finish inputting the cheats or sometimes when moving from lot, to world, to lot. Very frustrating :(
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited March 2021
    3.47GB, 1,101 files. Almost entirely CAS stuff, very little build/buy stuff, and two script mods (MC and UI).

I used to have a lot more but I bought a new PC recently so used it as an opportunity to start from scratch (which is easier/less frustrating for me than sorting though 3,000+ files of CC).

No issues at all with lag, and I don't think the Sims 4 has ever crashed on me (unlike the Sims 3 which crashed a lot).
  • melliealetheamelliealethea Posts: 35 Member
    58.1 gigabytes. My laptop is honestly not very good at running games for being a gaming laptop, but the Sims 4 runs fine even with all these mods.
    :)
  • LilMoonLilMoon Posts: 18 Member
    23.8GB currently and the game run silky smooth on my rig.
    Lx0wdtT.png
  • TinyKittensTinyKittens Posts: 5 New Member
    Mine is currently on 8,26 GB, 99% are build/buy mode objects.
  • juliettesimmer2juliettesimmer2 Posts: 1 New Member
    mine is 28gb like-
  • aubreestarraubreestarr Posts: 2 New Member
    :D 56gb and counting. computer specs: ryzen 7, 16gb ram [upgradable to 64] rtx 2070s. from 2020, riiiight before the graphics card shortage. Handles it great so far with just the base ram even D: temps get a little high [for me] 76 celcius graphics card on a 64x64 lot.