Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I saw a user is banned, why?

Hello,

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to ask about, warnings/bans or restricted accounts, but I am wondering if someone can explain why a user on here is banned,
I know they must if done something wrong to get banned, but I'm just asking as I'm curious, are they banned forever or just a limited time? As, I can't seen to find anything about this type of question I'm asking, thanks again,

Ellie

Have a lovely day/night
You're all beautiful 💗
"Za Woka Geneva"

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Usually bans are temporary, unless the person has a history of being banned or did something incredibly egregious.

But no, we're not supposed to talk about it here. Discussing being banned is against the very rules that cause a person to get banned in the first place.

You have a lovely day/night as well. :)
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Usually bans are temporary, unless the person has a history of being banned or did something incredibly egregious.

But no, we're not supposed to talk about it here. Discussing being banned is against the very rules that cause a person to get banned in the first place.

You have a lovely day/night as well. :)

I take the 5th!!!
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,260 EA Community Manager
    Ellierosex wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to ask about, warnings/bans or restricted accounts, but I am wondering if someone can explain why a user on here is banned,
    I know they must if done something wrong to get banned, but I'm just asking as I'm curious, are they banned forever or just a limited time? As, I can't seen to find anything about this type of question I'm asking, thanks again,

Ellie

Have a lovely day/night
    You're all beautiful 💗

Hiya,

@Stormkeep pretty much hit the nail on the head. Bans are given for a plethora of (justifiable) reasons and there are several criteria that factor into the severity of the ban. The forum rules are outlined here if you'd like to brush up on them.

Typically we would remove posts like this, but since you were more concerned with how moderation works rather than why it does I'll leave this one up.

If you have any other questions, my DM's are open (though admittedly it may take a bit to get back to you sometimes).
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • EllierosexEllierosex Posts: 359 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Ellierosex wrote: »
    Hello,

Ellie

Have a lovely day/night
    You're all beautiful 💗

Hiya,

@Stormkeep pretty much hit the nail on the head. Bans are given for a plethora of (justifiable) reasons and there are several criteria that factor into the severity of the ban. The forum rules are outlined here if you'd like to brush up on them.

Typically we would remove posts like this, but since you were more concerned with how moderation works rather than why it does I'll leave this one up.

If you have any other questions, my DM's are open (though admittedly it may take a bit to get back to you sometimes).

Ahh! Sorry if I posted something I shouldn't off! My apologies, El
    "Za Woka Geneva"