Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A southern pack ?

This is just an idea, but since we do not have horses.Maybe we can have a southern pack ?Features

Horses are back put them in competitions learn to ride them and train them

Put the horses in a town rodeo.Where you can also ride bulls

Go down to the town center to socialize with other townies.Each week is different event.One week the anual potluck, next week square dancing competition.
That's all I have free to add more ideas.

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2022
    When I heard 'southern' I imagined a pack with cockneys and parliament, where people use 'ah' sounds over 'a' sounds.

Edited to add: it'd be a really nice city, cos that's the where the government allots all the funding to.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited February 2022
    When I heard 'southern' I imagined a pack with cockneys and parliament, where people use 'ah' sounds over 'a' sounds.

Edited to add: it'd be a really nice city, cos that's the where the government allots all the funding to.

Maybe we should have a Northern pack instead... those beautiful wild moors, tenacious, plain spoken occupants... And you're more likely to see horses. :)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

Maybe we should have a Northern pack instead... those beautiful wild moors, tenacious, plain spoken occupants... And you're more like to see horses. :)

We already have north packs.Lets give the south some attention.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member

And houses cost too much. :'(

Although, in terms of horses, you could have the New Forest ponies.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    I didn't realize lot of simmers are from England.Thats really interesting.

Yes, @Horrorgirl6 I was just having a little UK regional banter, sorry.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member

Or police horses...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    This is just an idea, but since we do not have horses.Maybe we can have a southern pack ?Features

Go down to the town center to socialize with other townies.Each week is different event.One week the anual potluck, next week square dancing competition.

This sounds more like the American Midwest or Southwest to me. It reminds me of the musical Oklahoma. Which would be cool!

When I think of the South I think of y'all, cornbread and fried chicken, bluegrass, clogging, and football. We do like potlucks though! (Caveat: I am more Appalachian area than deep South, so experiences may vary.)

Yes, @Horrorgirl6 I was just having a little UK regional banter, sorry.

No need to apologize.
    telemwill wrote: »

This sounds more like the American Midwest or Southwest to me. It reminds me of the musical Oklahoma. Which would be cool!

When I think of the South I think of y'all, cornbread and fried chicken, bluegrass, clogging, and football. We do like potlucks though! (Caveat: I am more Appalachian area than deep South, so experiences may vary.)

I think of fried chicken too.
    We need fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, beans and rice.
    ExxCee wrote: »

Or police horses...

You know, I don't think I've ever seen police horses outside of the TV.
    edited February 2022

Or police horses...

You see often mounted officers in central London, particularly around parliament.

Back on topic, please will you tell me what grits are?

Or police horses...

You see often mounted officers in central London, particularly around parliament.

There like a salty version of creme of wheat.There typically part of breakfest.
    Thank you, I've always wanted to know.

Or police horses...

Fair enough. I live close to the Jurassic Coast so I'm further south than London..

Or police horses...

Grits are corn based. Yes, they do kinda have the consistency of cream of wheat, but not the same taste. They usually are served with butter for breakfast. The best coastal Southern way of eating them is Shrimp and Grits. My favorite vacation spot has them with a creamy sauce and either Andouille sausage or bacon.That is the dinner version of them, and the exact recipe varies depending on where you are from or your family experience.
    Sounds scrumptious! Thanks for elaborating. :)
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I would love a southern world, and especially horses!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

All the above plus ice cold sweet tea. I hear you on the potlucks. :D
    Maybe teens can have lovers dance.Hayrides and tractor a can return as well.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    About the southern, I only know these things from it's a southern thing. The powers of a southern mum is incredible and the summer is very evil. This could be a fun addon, with a lot of chaos.
    Daravi wrote: »
    About the southern, I only know these things from it's a southern thing. The powers of a southern mum is incredible and the summer is very evil. This could be a fun addon, with a lot of chaos.

For wackiness, sims get set on fire .^^
    Monet11 wrote: »

All the above plus ice cold sweet tea. I hear you on the potlucks. :D

Yes, absolutely!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,287 Member

Did you know that the Southern accent came was a slowed-down version of the British accent?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Exactly. I'm from the South, and we absolutely don't have rodeos or square dancing. That seems way more southwest to me.

Count me in for cornbread and fried chicken, though.

Arguably we already have multiple southern worlds, as the whole Willow Creek-Magnolia Promenade-Newcrest cluster is pretty clearly heavily influenced by the New Orleans area.

That being said, I could see something like a hobbies pack with a different style of southern world. Add some great southern recipes, I'd definitely love to see more of those. I don't personally care about football, but sure, it's popular, so add that. I'm happy with any excuse for horses; maybe we could add horses and have something like the Derby/race days. Don't forget the mint juleps. Stereotypes aside, I think a lot of people also don't realize that the south has a vibrant arts/cultural scene, so I'd love to see it as an opportunity to add things like sculpting and glass blowing, and then have arts and crafts festivals. We have those, as well as book/poetry festivals constantly in my area. These days the south is also well known for music festivals; Bonnaroo is probably the most famous, but there are many others all throughout the south.

Tl; dr: I don't hate the idea of another southern world, but I would want it to be more than just a 1950s cliche of the south.

As far as bluegrass is concerned, how awesome would a Simlish version of this be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Z4PAZX9Bs