Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Today just feels special...

13...Next

Comments

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I started with the original "The Sims" game.

My favorite EPs are
    for The Sims: Superstar and Hot Date honorable mention: Makin' Magic
    for The Sims 2: Open for Business and Seasons, honorable mention: Freetime
    for The Sims 3: Seasons and University, honorable mention: Generations
    for The Sims 4: Cottage Living and Seasons, honorable mention: Get Together

My favorite moment was when the first Sims I created in TS2 had a toddler and they thought her how to walk. Cutest animation ever!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Happy Birthday to the sims!

I started playing at launch of the Original Sims. I got the game for my birthday on the 7th Feb and I was obsessed the game. And thus my Sim obsession began!
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Happy 22nd Birthday Sims. My favourite Sims memory was in The Sims 3, when a Sim I was playing as got married to his partner (Before I had problems when it came to Sims relationships, to the point I had to abandon the first attempt on a Legacy because my Sims were being paired up with Babysitters). Even funnier was the fact they got married in front of the mail woman! Sadly, I lost the Save, but several of the screenshots are all that remains
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Happy birthday sims! I've been simming since just after the start of the pandemic. It's been a wonderful respite, way to stay sane, and bond with my young teen daughter.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    My favorite moment was finding out how unbelievably fantastic The Sims 2 is! Hands down the best game in the history of gaming.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2022
    Happy belated 22nd birthday. I am hoping for at least 22 more years for the franchise!
    Post edited by candyboot on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Happy Birthday The Sims. My daughter & I started with Sims 3 back in 2011 & currently play Sims 4. :p
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Happy 22nd Birthday!!!

I was a "bit" late to TS1. I started playing after I bought it the day I also pre-ordered my SimCity4. (I'd been playing versions of SimCity since it came out on the Amiga platform. The version on Amiga was *much* better than the one they released at the same time for PC.)

I'd actually avoided TS1 since it had come out because all the promos showed people doing things that I would never want to do. I thought it was all about finding excuses to hit people. It was the sales clerk who was helping me with the SC4 pre-order who suggested TS1. When I explained that I wasn't interested and why, he told me that I didn't have to play like that. He told me about the other things that I *was* interested in so I bought it. Although I later picked up my SC4, I played TS1 obsessively (in part because SC4 was so buggy it was unplayable until *months* later when we finally got an update. Simmers complaining about TS4's lags in getting updates have no concept of what it was like before we could get online downloads instead of having to wait for a disc to come out!)

I played TS1 so much (and was on the forum so much) that I had to learn how to build desktop computers so that I had a computer that could handle TS2. I also helped others either build or at least choose appropriate computer components. That's why, starting the day that TS2 came out, I was selected to be a SimMaster (who were the moderators on the forums in those days.) SimMasterAnubis was my name.

I loved playing TS2 and talking about it on the official forum although as a SimMaster I had to be more cautious about how I talked about it. While I could be negative if it was warranted, I had to be cautious about how I phrased discussions because, like with "GameChangers", people thought we had more "insider" information than we did. I loved uploading builds to the "Exchange" and making custom content (which were included in my builds.)

I also played TS3. In fact, I played TS3 until around the time that TS4's Discover University came out. (My computer's video card crashed TS4 so even though I owned it, I couldn't play it until I got a new video card.) I wasn't as active on the forums though (because, frankly, being a SimMaster had burned me out a bit. I was *sooo* glad when they stopped the SimMaster program in favor of having paid "moderators." I still remember at one point asking the community manager if I was the only SM still working. I still have the emails from that.)

Once I got that new video card, I started playing TS4. Although I get nostalgic about TS3, the times that I decide to go back and play it again make me so thankful for TS4, which I like much better. So many of the frustrations of TS3 (especially things like routing issues, constant crashing and lag) are gone. TS4 isn't perfect but I really do enjoy it more than I did TS3. (I do miss Create a Style though. Hence my big mods folder.)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    I come from the future

swift.png
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I started playing The Sims near the end of '01 off and on at a friend's house (I was in the Army) until 03' when I settled and had my own kid. Then I got serious about it and have been playing ever since. Skipped 3, and still haven't played it, but I might one day just to try it out - the sims just turn me off in a big way. Best pack ever? Making Magic, definitely. There was so much to do in that pack, and it was so quirky! Granted, I have them all except 1 and 3 - my ex-husband got the discs for 1 and I have yet to buy 3, and I've loved them all. Best update ever? Sims 4 toddlers - best toddlers ever!

Man, it's been 21 years since I started playing Sims. And I was an adult at the time. Now I feel old lol.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    If you do ever decide to get Sims 3 @WildIrishBanshee, I suggest the following packs & store:
    Late Night
    High Loft
    Ambitions
    Showtime
    Moonlight Falls
    Movie
    Master Suite
    Hidden Springs
    Dragon Valley
    Roaring Heights
    Barnaby Bay

And have fun. :p
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Happy Birthday to my beloved The Sims!

I started playing Sims 2, and then I switched to Sims Medieval... but I wanted the sandbox so I started Sims 3... but I switched to Sims 4 since the release because I wanted back my rotational play. Actually Sims is part of my RL, Simmer is one of my traits :D

I have so many memories and so many beloved packs from all series <3 There is always something I like from all the packs, but for me this are my favs:

From Sims 2: Nightlife, Bon Voyage, Seasons.

From Sims 3: World Adventures, Late Night and Supernatural (awesome!!!)

From Sims 4: VAMPIRES Game Pack!!! The best occults from all sims series. Jungle Adventure and Strangerville because they are unique and so different from previous series. EP: Get Together (wow the clubs, a gamechanger feature!) and Snowy Escape (I wanted a world inspired in Kyoto since Sims 2, Sims 4 make it true).

Also I need to mention the best free content I got with Sims 4: the stuff for DΓ­a de Muertos <3<3<3 I wanted that since Sims 2, and again Sims 4 make it true. Thanks for my Catrina <3

Thanks for many years of joy o:)
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2022
    Happy 22nd Birthday Sims

I started Simming with Sims 2 around the time Bon Voyage came out. I can't really choose just one favorite pack, but I look forward to the Seasons pack most for each iteration. Closely followed by whichever pack brings me vampires.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I was dating my now-husband when The Sims came out. We were visiting his sister (she and I were friends long before I met him...another story...but anyway...)...she was playing the original game. I asked to try it...was hooked instantly with the original, TS2, and TS3...not so much with the newest one. I still play with TS3...2 and 3 are my favorites. If the original was playable on my OS, it would be the ultimate game! I still purchase for TS3...so this game is still it for me!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Wiggles007Wiggles007 Posts: 40 Member
    I brought the sim 1 for my sons 22 years ago. they played a little, but I got hooked. I was 44 then now 66, I play everyday for several hours. Whenever a new pack expansion pack, kit comes out. My sons tease me and say "we know mom we won't here from you for at least a week!"
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Happy 22nd!!! πŸŽ‚ πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ Thank you for the 22 wonderful years of sims-life! πŸ€—πŸ₯°

I started playing Sims around Sims 1 era, when Hot Date first came out. My siblings and I were very addicted to the game, and have played through all of the Sims games, though we did drop off a bit around Sims 3 base game.

I got back into Sims 3 when Island Paradise and Into the Future, and I started enjoying it more (with mods and CC).

Sims 4 was relaxing, but I missed toddlers, and I really got back into it once toddlers were finally patched in. Sims 4 finally had toddlers and vampires, and they were well-done! Then the mermaids came, and I am now loving this game so much more! πŸ€—πŸ§›πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ§›πŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ§›πŸ§œπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§œπŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ§œ (And the Spellcasters are next on my list to play with, too!)

It’s hard to choose a favorite moment as all of the Sims games have given me much enjoyment! 😌

I think my most favorite moment that brought tears to my eyes was seeing the Sims 4 toddler trailer. I loved the toddlers! Parenthood was a very nice pack, too. Family gameplay, ftw!!! πŸ€—πŸ‘

This trailer still makes me tear up a bit, for some reason, hehe. I love family gameplay so much, and the toddlers were so cute! The music was sweet, too.
    https://youtu.be/zGF8ABe1X00

Another moment that stayed in my head was when my Sims 3 merman took his toddler swimming in the water with him, lol. πŸ˜„ (If it was a glitch, it was a cute one!)

Again, thanks for the wonderful Sim memories, the various Sims Teams! πŸ₯³πŸ€—πŸŽ‚
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    Yarp! We're 22 today πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

What's the hands-down b e s t pack we ever released? Let me know!

Probably The Sims Superstar. A lot of gameplay, amazing soundtrack, lovely Studio Town and a lot of possibilities:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUZu5wuBeBiO_ye1BP5RVr1-r-p1sxslUUwQ&usqp=CAU

A lot of packs after this one were nice but probably the expansions from TS1 were the most game changing and the most powerful.

• MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I have been playing for 22 years. I bought the Original SIMS 1 and started to play after I put my son to bed (he's going to be 30 in May!) and next thing I knew it was 2 in the morning!

I've been playing SIMS 3 the most. I have so much fun and find I still haven't done EVERYTHING that can be done in game.

For SIMS 1 my favorites were definitely Unleashed, Vacation and Makin Magic. I loved all the EPS, but those were definitely favorites.
    For SIMS 2: SEASONS, Pets, Bon Voyage and Open for Business were definitely my favorites. I loved building my flower/bakery shops.
    SIMS 3. Well, I still play this game. I love all the EP and stuff packs. Seasons is a forever favorite as well as pets. I really like Ambitions, for the stuff that came with it and the additional jobs. I love Generations as well for all of the gameplay additions. I also really like World Adventures, because it allows you to use the 3 worlds it came with, but you can use the items to make your own campsites.
    In full disclosure, I do not have all the packs. I do not have Into the Future or a few stuff packs. I like what I own and I have never felt like I'm missing out.

I liked SIMS Online for the social aspect. I had fun at the silly jobs (I was really good at Pizza!). But it had it's limitations.

Happy 22 years SIMS. Thanks for giving us a game to play all these years for us old folks (50+ here) and the young'uns. It's a great game to explore your creativity and connect with other folks who feel the same.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    My favorite The Sims franchise expansion packs are:

Sims 1: Unleashed
    Sims 2: Nightlife
    Sims 3: Generations
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Happy simming!
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I was 2 when The Sims came out. I started playing Sims when I was 8 or 9. I have played Sims 1, 2, 3, & 4 on pc and Sims 2 Castaway on PlayStation. My favourite Sims games are Sims 4 and Sims Castaway. I only play Sims 4 now, I seem to have lost my copy of Castaway years ago. I would really like a remaster of Castaway for the new consoles.
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    What's the hands-down b e s t pack we ever released?

Difficult to say with so many great packs, but my absolute favourite is Sims 4 Island Living. The mermaids and Island life is a lot of fun and the Sims Team did really well to capture the laid back Island life experience. Other packs I really like are: Sims 4 Cottage Living with all the animals and the fairytail feel to it. Sims 4 Snowy Escape, to snowboard on an actual mountain and the sledding is a nice addition. Sims 3 Pets, to be able to have horses and unicorns and fully control your pets. Sims 2 Castaway for PlayStation, quite a unique experience having to craft your clothes and shelter and how your Sims clothes would wear down and you'd need to craft more and being shipwrecked on an island. I also like that Sims 4 Seasons the weather is unique to each world and that I can turn off temperature effects on Sims so I don't have to worry about them freezing or overheating to death while they enjoy the seasonal activities.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    I bought Sims 1 for my daughter, tried it for myself, and was instantly hooked, and through the years I’ve bought and played all the versions. One of my best moments was when my Sim was abducted by aliens in Sims 1 - I didn’t know it was a thing and had no idea what was happening. Another is the first time that twins were born in my Sims 2 game - I was so delighted I immediately posted about it on the forum! Also in the Sims 2, catching my Sim autonomously unclogging a blocked toilet, while the ghost of his dead brother mopped the floor - only in the Sims! Favourite expansion pack? I cannot really pick just one - but Seasons, anything family related and business related are right up there. :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I'm not quite sure exactly when I started the sims, I remember playing TS4 with a friend that had it on their laptop, and enjoying it. I think it was spring 2019 I started playing TS4, and probably late summer I got TS3. TS4 Is my main game, but TS3 is fun on occasion. So in short, coming out on my third Simming anniversary!
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • MsDSweetsMsDSweets Posts: 86 Member
    Living vicariously through all iterations of the SIMS has been and continues to be a joy for me. Back in the sixties when we played with our Barbie's, we would pretend all kinds of things. I had a Julia doll (based on the Julia Nurse character played on TV by Dianne Carroll). My big sister had a GI Joe and we would beg her to let GI Joe come home from the war to visit Julia. We had all the clothes and furniture and vehicles, etc. For the last 22 years I have been living and loving the SIMS enabling me to take my imagination to greater heights.

Because my gameplay was about personal fun, my work was never posted to public forums. However, today, my cousin, my baby sister and three of my nieces play the SIMS partly due to me introducing them to the game. The grand-princes (aged 7 & 4) also like to chime in when we're building. I am inspired by what the younger generations have been doing as well.

Loved SIMS (1) because it opened my mind to the idea of the digital Barbie. (It was on!) The software was janky & pixelated, but it was a new platform so I just made it work.

SIMS 2 is My Ultimate!!! The graphics had improved so exponentially. It looked soo real for a game. I would come home from a gig and be like, "I must play and see what my folks are doing. Are they getting married or is she gonna break his heart? I have a need to build, build, build. These Mods are awesome!!" (YES, I must have my Mods.)

MY SIMS on the wii is when I got my nieces and even my son to play the game. Again, great graphic improvement. And it was cool because the Sims looked like little people as opposed to adult. It was soo much fun solving problems and foraging, etc. I was actually sad the first time I finished the game. We had a MY SIMS celebration at my mom's. (Oh, my mom has been playing video games since SEGA.)

SIMS 3 was ok but it didn't blow my skirt up. (My cousin LOVES this one.) I guess for me, it didn't live up to the SIMS 2 or MY SIMS.

SIMS 4 is my second favorite. The esthetic look of the Sims is more realistic, keeping me fully engaged and playing almost daily. Like with S2, I find myself thinking of what to do in the game, which makes me play even more. (-and YES, I must have my Mods.)

Thanks Will Wright, Maxis and EA for 22 years of fun filled imagination and gaming. Looking forward to 22 more. May we continue to find enjoyment and fun and laughter and relaxation as we tell stores and play, play, play, play with life. (Oh, how old am I? 62.)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Simming since Sims 1, day 1. Plus many months of pre-release scrutiny after learning about the game while doing research for an economics paper during my MBA programme. Hard to say which pack is favourite as there have been many really good ones, especially in TS2 (still my best liked version).