Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relationship settings

I wish that there was a setting in the relationship panel that you could set them as boyfriend or girlfriend or fiancée when you're creating a family. Especially I want them living together but there is no relationship if they aren't married. You have to force them. I want to be able to put them in a romantic relationship and THEN have a wedding for them.

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    I wish that there was a setting in the relationship panel that you could set them as boyfriend or girlfriend or fiancée when you're creating a family. Especially I want them living together but there is no relationship if they aren't married. You have to force them. I want to be able to put them in a romantic relationship and THEN have a wedding for them.

You and millions of the rest of us all feel this way. Kind of blows my mind that they STILL haven't added that to the game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I've wanted this for years. Hopefully one day.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I hope they put this in the new wedding pack. Or at least in an update. I feel like they are against unmarried sims living together if they are in a relationship. They need to get with the times.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I want this so bad, too! I was always surprised that my choices were roommates, siblings, or going straight to married, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »

I'm hoping just hoping that's being added to the update next week.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    God I too want this so badly.
  • RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    Is the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship retained when you save a family in the library or upload it to the gallery?
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    @RitaMary no only marriages are saved if you decide to move a couple into a new load or save them only the marriage is saved and it loads new at about 60% romance and 45% friendship. If they're dating and live together they will be saved as typical roommates no romance meter will load in. I've also noticed that the relationship between two sims in one load isn't exactly the same in another load.

They may be very talkative and gain sentiments easily in one load and then be indifferent towards each other in another load

• RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    @RitaMary no only marriages are saved if you decide to move a couple into a new load or save them only the marriage is saved and it loads new at about 60% romance and 45% friendship. If they're dating and live together they will be saved as typical roommates no romance meter will load in. I've also noticed that the relationship between two sims in one load isn't exactly the same in another load.

They may be very talkative and gain sentiments easily in one load and then be indifferent towards each other in another load

Thanks. I haven't tried it so I didn't know.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Sometimes, the spouse notation doesn't keep when uploaded. I've discovered this the hard way. Had thing set initially, then had to restart my game for various unfortunate mishaps. Only to open a new save and download the same family. Discovering after the fact that they weren't married! It's really odd to have the couple being newlyweds (should you take car of it in game) when their firstborn is close to being a YA. Face/palm. Rule of thumb I try to live by: While in CAS when downloading a family, check the relationship panel for the parents to make certain they still show up as husband or wife. Can save a lot of grief in the long run.

Best of luck! And Happy Simming!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think having little pet names between sims would be fun too; like Little Love-Monkey for someone in a romantic relationship or Little Turtle for a toddler son/daughter. The names should also be made by the simmer like when a baby is born. Squishy-Face!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

You can with MCCC.
    But yeah, without a mod, would be nice if it was built into "create a sim."

My vote is putting this into "Base Game".

F.Y.I. Without mods, you can type in the cheat bar: cas.fulleditmode to edit relationships on existing households.
    It's basic, like brother, sister, mother, father, spouse... When a relationship is changed, keep in mind that the game automatically adjusts it to what makes sense.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Fiancé is going to be a base game option, one of the gurus said in a tweet.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Fiancé is going to be a base game option, one of the gurus said in a tweet.

Nice! In other words "engaged". :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I thought fiancé was already in the game. I never rally paid much attention though.

Unless you mean it will be added as a cas relationship at start.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Yes!! I just read ab article saying they are putting fiance in the next base game patch!! I hope they add boyfriend/girlfriend to it. Because what if my sims doesn't want their partner to know they're gonna ask?