Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about the wedding pack? Can you live there, swim there, and how many lots there?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
Just wanted to know what everyone thinks about the pack after watching the first trailer and some of the reviews. How many buildable lots do you think there will be? Can our sims live there? Can our sims swim there? What do you like the most about the pack so far, and what don’t you like so far? Will we be able to have wedding in other worlds too? Are the wedding lots a new type of lot?

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I believe it was confirmed by Ninja that the world is indeed residential, so sims should be able to live there.

I also read in a different post that there would be a swimmable area in the world, but I didn't personally see his tweet answer replying to that question.

I know they said that some community members created some of the lots so there should be at least 4 (if not more).
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Yes, residential lots on Tartosa are confirmed

Yes, our sims will be able to swim there

I suspect we'll get 4-5 buildable lots and, at least two neighborhoods based on theese screenshots:
    TS4_GP11_REVEAL_LIFTS_04_001.png
    1500x500-2.jpeg
    1500x500-3.jpg

It seems like the walkto aisle interaction is based on a rug-like object and wedding arches can be placed in any lot so weddings in other worlds should still be a thing. I'm not so sure about wedding planning outside Tartosa, wedding dress window shopping and cake selection are based on rabbit hole store fronts (flower bouquets are on a cart) so sims might have to go to Tartosa to plan.

I'm really excited that weddings bring in more family gameplay and there seems to be a lot of new CAS and BB decor. I'm sad for Party Stuff Pack as now nobody will ever buy it again.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

I suspect we'll get 4-5 buildable lots and, at least two neighborhoods based on theese screenshots:
    1500x500-2.jpeg
    1500x500-3.jpg

It seems like the walkto aisle interaction is based on a rug-like object and wedding arches can be placed in any lot so weddings in other worlds should still be a thing. I'm not so sure about wedding planning outside Tartosa, wedding dress window shopping and cake selection are based on rabbit hole store fronts (flower bouquets are on a cart) so sims might have to go to Tartosa to plan.

I'm really excited that weddings bring in more family gameplay and there seems to be a lot of new CAS and BB decor. I'm sad for Party Stuff Pack as now nobody will ever buy it again.

I think you can place both the rabbit hole clothes shop and the flower and cake stands in any worlds, or just sell them in regular shops. Would be lovely if they update the rabbit hole shops in Henford to sell wedding dresses and cakes.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm pretty sure you can live there and go swimming. But I'm not sure what you can do in the world when you are not looking for a wedding. The town looked like it mostly only had stalls where you could buy flowers and wedding cakes, and the other area looked like a park with a large bridge, waterfall, maybe another beach and a tree.

My biggest criticism is probably the town, it feels, a bit like set dressing. I doubt that many sims are gonna walk around in the town or visit that beach autonomously so hope the lots that are around the town are fun to visit. We don't have hotels or resorts or anything like that so I guess we kinda have to go to night clubs or bars.

It looked like there was two wedding spots in the trailer, if the world has only 5 lots then we only got 3 lots to use for that. If you want to live in that world then maybe the best thing is to make a large wedding lot, if that's not already the case.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2022
    I think we'll get around 6/7 buildable lots from the screenshots. In the town there's definitely 3 lots at the least, possibly 4 but I can't tell if the building in the back is a lot or not
    sizes.png
    sizes-2.png

They've also mentioned two different player made garden lots which aren't in this screenshot, so that makes 5/6 lots in total and there's also a beach lots we can see from the trailer, which makes 6/7. There's also other lots shown in the trailer so possibly they will be full lots in the world too! Not the worst for a game pack at least.

Personally I'll be deleting the wedding lots and replacing them with houses unless I need them, so then I can live in the world and use it and it doesn't become a Magnolia Promenade type situation :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

1500x500-2.jpeg
    1500x500-3.jpg

Thanks for confirming swimming in the new world and being able to have our sims live there!

Hopefully they will update the buffet tables in The Luxury stuff pack to be able to plan a meal too. I have gotten so much use out of those buffet tables, putting them in so many types of lots. I have one outside the Museum in Willow Creek along with an outdoor bar, tables, and a wedding arch, and also a couple there in a basement art club. I have one in the rattlesnake bar in OS, A couple of pool lots that have an indoor area have them, I have some inside at the San Myshuno Meadows, some in lounges and a couple in nightclubs. They are good in karaoke bars and about any place you can go to party, including inside pool areas. A few of my families who entertain guests often have one in their home, and they are good to add to the community lots in Eco living. I have gotten much use out of them. Also I can see using some of the dresses and tuxes from the pack at some ballroom weddings.

I guess the aisle runners and many new wedding arches could be used anywhere, and I love that children and tots seem to be included, both in and out of the ceremony.

@logion and @chicklet453681 yeah, I hope there are more than 5 lots, and I hope there are some lots we can make or down load close to downtown for wedding boutiques, restaurants etc.

@crocobaura i hope we can place the cake place and florist in other worlds, but I hope we don’t have to pay to open them up.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I believe it was confirmed by Ninja that the world is indeed residential, so sims should be able to live there.

I also read in a different post that there would be a swimmable area in the world, but I didn't personally see his tweet answer replying to that question.

I know they said that some community members created some of the lots so there should be at least 4 (if not more).

Some people say they've seen sims swimming in the ocean the little dots.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    For what I seen in the trailer I like it but I'm a wait until we see actual gameplay to be even more excited.
  • Options
    The world is residential and we can swim in it.
  • Options
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    For what I seen in the trailer I like it but I'm a wait until we see actual gameplay to be even more excited.

Here is hoping they show a map In the livestream tomorrow.