Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited February 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb08.jpg
    February 8: It is Finished!

The long blizzard finally ended around 3am. D.J. woke up around 6am. There was a light flurry of snow falling down and the sky was clear.

D.J. checked up on his plants. The potatoes were ready to be harvested. He decided before school he would go to the local farmer's market and try to sell them. His onions weren't ready yet. He also harvested some of his hollies but decided to hold onto them. His next batch he would see if could sell.

D.J. went back into his tent and checked his simoleons. He had almost 7k. He had enough he could probably rent a place from now until he heads off to college soon. But D.J. really enjoyed hanging out in the outdoors. He didn't mind living in a tent. And all his other needs, he could go into town and find.

Overnight, D.J. also thought hard about his work situation. He made sure he was doing his job to the best of his abilities. However, he was not happy. He wanted to enjoy himself more than just a few hours after school on weekdays before going to work. He made the decision he was going to leave his job. He'll work the rest of the week and then use his vacation days after and call it quits.

dj-02-063.jpg
    dj-02-064.jpg

After school, D.J. went to the library. He had received a call from Aicha and she left a voicemail stating his book was ready and wanted him to take a look before copies were made and placed in the store portion of the library. Meeting up, she showed him the book. This was very exciting for D.J. Aicha asked D.J. if he'd like the simoleons he received from each book to go into his bank account or if he'd like to pick up the simoleons from her. D.J. never had a bank account before. Aicha said there's a bank in Windenburg and he can open an account. He could use his phone to withdraw simoleons when needed. Most places have a credit system called SimsPay. It's an app D.J. can download and hook up to his bank account. It's much easier and safer than keeping simoleons in his pockets.

D.J. said he would look into going to the bank tomorrow. He didn't have time today since he has to be to work soon. He said he would give her a call tomorrow when he created his account and give her the details she needed to deposit.

dj-02-065.jpg

Side Note:
    I'd like to do more with D.J. in the hours after he gets out of school, so I made the decision to have him quit his job. Hopefully with his small garden and his soon to be book selling, that will help his simoleons stay steady. If he starts to get really broke, I'll find him another part time job, but most likely have it before school rather than after.
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    *Updated my February 9th post above! Comments/replies coming up next and today's update later this evening. Hope y'all are having a wonderful day/evening! <3

Before I get started, @Ellupelluellu I'll comment more soon, but just want to say Welcome Back! I missed you here so much, so glad you're feeling better now. Whatever you feel is best for you as far as the challenge and is the least stressful. Go ahead and skip January and add it at the end of the year, or just continue where you left off. Either one. :) Love you dear lady! *Hugs* <3
  • Options
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb09.jpg
    February 9: Show Me the Money!

After school, D.J. headed to the bank Aicha had told him about yesterday. Upon entering, he found one of the Tellers. He asked if he could open up an account. The Teller led D.J. over to one of the computers and sat herself down. They went through the process of opening an account for D.J.

dj-02-066.jpg

When it was all done, D.J. called up Aicha. He was happy to announce to her that he has a bank account in Windenburg now. He gave her the details she requested so she could go ahead and deposit the simoleons he earns from his book. The app he downloaded should also let him know when a deposit is made and simoleons have been deposited.

dj-02-070.jpg

Aicha also invited D.J. back to the library to pick up a book himself for free, as it's his book. He should have a copy for himself. She saved him the first copy that was printed.

dj-02-071.jpg

That evening during work, D.J. got a notification on his phone. It was a SimsPay notification. A deposit of 78 simoleons had been deposited into his account. Someone had bought D.J.'s book from the library.

dj-02-072.jpg

Side Note:
    I found a retail store on the Gallery called "Bank of Windenburg". I thought it would be fun to have my story move from having D.J. use pocketed simoleons to something more real as if he's keeping his simoleons in the bank. I deleted one of the residential lots in Old Platz to add the bank. It fits better having a service there since all other lots are services.

Bonus Images of Bank (if anyone decides they want to download it themselves):
    dj-02-067.jpg
    dj-02-068.jpg
    dj-02-069.jpg
    dj-02-073.jpg
    dj-02-074.jpg
    dj-02-075.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    @afai1261
    Yay. Cale is in the club. woohoo_master69 :joy: ! Those hauntings in your story/gameplay are fun to look at and read. Aaron and Hunter should become Paranormal Investigators when they get older.
    When I came up with the idea to do a group chat for the club and Cale asked to join, I couldn't wait to make that be his nickname :joy:
    Thank you! I actually feel like the haunting bits are pretty boring myself but also I don't know how to make them exciting with my writing lol. I'm glad you enjoy them! :smiley:
    Oh, that's a good idea! I have plans for what I want Aaron to do as a job (or different jobs) but Hunter could be a Paranormal Investigator for sure!
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017
    hehe Oh he will, but not how she expects. ;) Oh that's right, I was thinking of the career. Opps! It's a fun career though if I remember correctly. Good luck with the hybrid Mod, I hope it works out for you.

Very cool DJ met Velma at the gym. Bummer they didn't have a climbing wall there, but you could always put one in there for him. ;) Congrats to him for getting yet another raise! Sounds like he might be rethinking working and school though. Perhaps do some kind of free lance job instead? Can teens do freelance jobs? I don't remember.

Oh that's right, he'll have his book royalties! Good for DJ! I think he'll be much happier that way with more time to do other things rather than just school and work. Good luck to DJ!

Great idea having DJ actually go to a bank to set up the account for himself. Love the bank that you downloaded for him too, looks great! And now he's starting to get royalties! You're on your way to financial independence DJ!

@afai1261
    hehe Yeah, I love that reaction Sims get from the closet woo hoo, it's hilarious! I thought about having Jules get even more angry than she already was, but figured she wouldn't go postal on him in front of her daughter. ;) I love L., she makes me smile with her mischievous ways. I figured she wouldn't yell at him, but remember her own young and wild days. The entire update was fun to write. Glad he's finally in his own home again now though and can start on the aspiration. Once I figure out what kind of club he'll have. o.O

GAH! Temperance! So, SO glad Guidry gave them that idol that makes her go away. Only a broken stove, they got off easy! Whew! All those screenshots are epic with her haunting!

CALE! Oh man, love all the screenshots with him, of course and it cracks me up he was into Melissa, of course he was! Cale loves all girls. :) As for his nickname? HAHA! Oh boy, it's perfect! Love that you had him give it to himself too. Hilarious! He asked to join? Awww, I love that! Probably wanted to hang out more with Aaron since they were friends in Mt. Komorebi. Glad the others seem to like him too. Thank you for agreeing to let him join Aaron's club. Made my day!

Congrats to Melissa for meeting a girl she likes! Can't wait to find out exactly who it is and if we know her. :) So cool Hunter and Guidry are friends and sweet of Guidry to help him with his homework! LOVE the photo display! Aaron doesn't look too happy fishing again. Ah well... cool, he at least caught Captain Bones!

HAHA! Oh geez, 'Horndog!' I guess I must have an affinity to making my guys love woo hoo or something, horndog was also Josh's nickname Essa gave him! LOL! Love all the pics of Yoshi, such a cool dog! Glad Ezra didn't yell at him too! Good on you Ezra!

Ah, okay, hope she shows up soon! I'm pretty much a noob with it too. I've played it a couple times, but not seriously. Glad you used the idol to get rid of Temperance! Ohh, okay, sorry I didn't remember that fact. o.O He does look older with the beard, and the longer hair! I guess it makes sense though that he'd start to look older eh? :)

Oh it's Robin! How cool is that? They make such a cute couple! I had to laugh at Cale saying he knew her too. Uh, yeah, he knows her VERY well. HAHA! At least in my game anyway. ;) Aaron looks magnificent doing the fire dance! Too bad he caught himself on fire. hehe Oh boy, Temperance again! Good thing they can use that idol more than once eh? Bye Bye Temperance! Gah! If slow dancing wasn't coming in the game pack, I would SO get that Mod! I wish I'd known about it sooner. Ah well, thanks for posting a link to it anyway. :)

Aaron's doing well with the aspiration so far, and yep, no doubt who that vampire is related to. hehe I thought she looked familiar. Loved Maggie's Different 100 Baby Challenge with Vlad!

@permanentrose
    Robin looks so happy doing that fire dance, love her smile! Hey, would you like me to update her in my game for her new look? Wasn't sure if you were going to keep this look for long or not, like you said, is the only reason I haven't yet. Let me know! :)

Whoa! Very nice date Robin had with Sinead and there's the corset that I love! She looks amazing wearing it! I LOVE those stockings!

Oh yeah, I plan to do the serial romantic aspiration at some point as well once Cale is a YA. Never did that aspiration before, so it'll be interesting to say the least! hehe Especially on top of the 100 Baby thing. I have a feeling my challenge will get very interesting at some point. o.O LOL!

That's about as far as I got with that challenge using a Mother. I started one with a guy, still have the save, but got interested in something else, I don't remember what, and put it on hiatus. Hmm, maybe I'll finish that one some day. hehe

Oh yeah, I'd planned that Jules would catch them at some point. Her reactions were perfect! Yep, I figured she'd be furious and an overprotective Mom. Definitely! Oh, well the reason was because Gloria rebelled against Vlad and his antiquated ways. She ran away and Jules went looking for her, furious at Vlad for pushing Gloria away. Once she found Gloria, they moved in together and Jules eventually divorced Vlad. Not in-game, in my mind. They are still together with Gloria in Essa's save.

Robin I just added because I wanted her to get to know her half-sister, Gloria. In my head, they were living together all along and Robin is actually older than Gloria. She's of course from Jules' first marriage with Emmett. Jules left him though when she was turned into a vampire. Emmett thought she would take the cure, but Jules ended up liking being a vampire and that's what caused them to break-up/divorce. In my head canon, Emmett was a Merman, hence the reason Robin is a Mermaid. Does that all make sense?

Thanks about the transportalating screenshots, that was fun setting up. It was actually just Morrigan casting a Morphiate spell on him. He turned into a gnome. HAHA! I didn't save though for that part, since I had to add Morrigan to the household to get her to do that. She was just standing out of frame. :) Yep, me too! Can't wait to see what all his babies look like! :)

I see Willow showed up this time, cool! Smart using the DJ booth at the club to increase her skill. Oh geez Vlad, of course he could get in, I think he has that breaking in to any house perk. Maybe? Whoa! Two in one day huh? Well now, I guess she's even more promiscuous than Cale now. hehe

@SoulGal7
    Oh boy, poor Dylan in such a quandary over Sofia. He likes her, but she won't associate with him because of the dance crew thing. And of because of Kaori, but then he figures it's okay since Kaori probably feels like he left her. Gah! What a mixed up mess! I see some fun drama in the future for Dylan! ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Aww man, poor Sean, he did not have a good day, that's for sure. Wonder why Nea was so dang grumpy. Sheesh, take a chill pill dear! Oh man, I've almost forgot about Cale not going to school SO many times! Usually able to stop it in time, but he did end up going once. He does look like he was going to culinary school or for a Doctor. hehe And of course the Simmi machine eats his money too. Glad Yamachan was able to at least get a smile out of him! Go Yamachan! So glad he has Joel too to talk to and try to help him through everything. Whoa! He looks like he wants to bite your head off in that last shot. hehe Calm down is right Sean! Great update! And again, Welcome back dear, missed you! :)
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    February 10th: An emotional day

Today's Achievements:
    Leader of the Pack
    -Lead a club with 8 members
    Completed Leader of the Pack
    Zen Guru
    -Comfort others

Lpyg6Kx.png
    I started the day at the gym and went to buy a sandwich from a vending machine for breakfast. The machine was being overtly stubborn, and I had to shake the thing five times before it gave me my food. This left me feeling angry, and I went upstairs to take out some of my anger in boxing.
    tNIguug.png
    Feeling better, I called together our club for some more yoga and wellness.
    kgp7M20.png
    At the end of our session, I told everyone I was opening an eighth and final spot in our club, and Sofia mentioned Sergio had expressed an interest in joining. The others agreed it was only right to have another guy in our club, so I called him and invited him to join Yoga and Wellness, which he accepted eagerly. I dismissed our meeting and wandered over to the food stall to find some diner. I negotiated a discount with the vendor and bought some chili. As I was eating, a wave of sadness overtook me and I walked over to an area overlooking the water and felt alone and disheartened.
    3eQGkOG.png
    I missed Kaori and Caroline and the gloomy overcast day was not helping. I saw an easel nearby and suddenly wanted to express my grief through art. I bought a canvas and paints and started working.
    ZIQiQU1.png
    Almost instantly I started feeling better and soon I was joined by an adorable little terrier and a fluffy white cat who seemed to be friends.
    BYkrIO3.png
    I smiled as they played nearby and as I was finishing my painting, the terrier came over to seemingly watch while the cat wandered off.
    0fhMQgH.png
    Soon another little doggy joined the first, and I bent down to give each of them a pat on the head.
    uUQFmFp.png
    My mood had stabilized and I considered whether I should adopt an animal as a companion in my travels, but decided now wasn't the best time as I was spending a lot of time in buildings that don't allow pets, but perhaps soon. I picked up my painting thinking I'd hang it up in my little cabin as a reminder that I was never truly alone, and headed for the ferry.

• Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Karababy52
    I love Cale's house! You also do such great renos/building. Robin's house is still barely done lol, I just kind of gave up this month :joy: Love his wardrobe updates too! Cale can just have a "romance" club lol and make some good progress for the groundwork of his 100 baby challenge LOL. This aspiration is so easy to finish, so it's a good one to procrastinate on haha. I feel like you can easily do it one play session if you'd want to lol.

It's up to you if you want to change Robin's look in your game. It won't be her look for longer than this month, and there's a chance I might even alter it a bit before then. I haven't been great about updating any of your guys' sims either haha, so really, it's whatever you want to do and have time for :) Thanks for elaborating about Jules' storyline in your world, that makes sense! I will say I feel like Robin gives off the younger sister vibes haha, but it would make sense that she was technically older. It was really fun to see them in your game. Cale's gonna have more of a role in my game in the next few days. On my day off yesterday, I played ahead since I've got some busy days coming up.

@soulgal7
    And Dylan has a new lady love. I can definitely see him and Sofia together, they're cute already! Poor Kaori though. Dylan's gonna have fun with this little romance though. Cute story that he helped her pump up her bike tire too!

@afai1261
    Ah, yes, the fire dance, always so fun haha. And there's my Robin, kissing cute girls in your updates too :D What a fun club though - you may need to add a lady for Cale though, he does seem very sad that neither of the current female members even have a chance to glance his way :joy: That slow dance was so freaking cute though, and I love that you took screenshots of them being flirty in the library too <3 I'm gonna have to get some cute Hunter/Aaron moments in my game to :) Hunter really has so many half siblings lol. And yes, that nose and skin tone are undeniable :D

As I said in my PM, I'm glad you pointed out that Skylar and Sinead are cousins (not sure why I didn't even think of that haha) but it's gonna make this story even more dramatic and I can't wait. I will say though, I can't wait until Robin settles down with someone a bit more permanent haha....serial romancing is exhausting lol

@Ellupelluellu
    Great to see you back! I'm glad you're feeling better too! Lol, Sean does look like a chef in his uniform. He really is having a grumpy day...and you don't even have Parenthood haha. I'm just excited to have you back in the challenge, whatever you decide to do about posting <3

@LegacySims2017
    Trust me, I can't wait for Robin to settle down with someone. It's exhausting trying to do this aspiration lol, but I'm in too deep to give up now :D It's impressive you still have DJ living in a tent! Does he have a shower? I can't remember...also you can totally make some money without him having a part time job. There's a lot of good collectables and frog logs in all the Windenburg neighborhoods, and those are good ways to start making some money. And if it thaws enough for him to fish, there's a ton of fishing spots too. Cool that he's so into writing too! I think Robin has reached level 5 writing just by writing in her journal haha.

Nice bank! I love finding cool builds like that that make story telling more fun :)

• Options
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 10: "Mallory"

eb0V3iD.png

Notes
    O139WLD.png
    After getting his finances settled and staying with the Hunters for a few days, Cale decided that he wanted to live in Windenburg for awhile. Nobody except the Keyes sisters and their Mom knew him there which would hopefully make it tougher for his Step-Dad to find him again. He'd also fallen in love with the area, in particular the island and the Bluffs during his time stranded there.

Unfortunately, the island was actually a national park, so he couldn't live there. However, he found a really nice house to rent in the countryside. One of the things that sold Cale on this particular place was that it had a pool and a BBQ area which included a bar! He was underage to buy anything stronger, but he could make himself a root beer float.

015JrBt.png
    He relaxed with his drink on a lounge chair by the pool for awhile, enjoying one of the last days of Summer.

3uUxSO4.png
    Later Cale took a look around the property and discovered a small grove of fruit trees along the edge. He'd already planted a pear and cherry tree, but was happy he could plant an apple and lemon tree to join them. The rest of the day before he went to bed was spent upgrading the plumbing, appliances and playing video games on a big flat screen with his new console.

YiRVsTE.png
    The next morning after tending to his garden, Cale went to get the mail and waved to a pretty girl walking by. She stopped and asked if he lived there and told him her name was Mallory Connors. I've been hoping he'd see Mallory and her sister Marley soon. I think it helped I put the Teen Neighborhood trait on his lot. I've been seeing a lot of teens walk by as a result! Yay!

The two teens had a chat, getting to know each other and of course Cale being the horndog that he is, decided to flatter her. He told her she had gorgeous hair.

LUFydjQ.png
    Of course he also flirted with her. Mallory loved it since she was already flirty and has the romance trait, just like Cale.

It's your lucky day Cale, but then seems like when it comes to the ladies, every day is a lucky day for him.

mZspBbE.png
    Mallory spontaneously made funny faces at him, which surprised me. I guess it shouldn't though since her Mom, Melody, loves to do that too.

mBGlZTt.png
    While they were still laughing about that, Dylan walked by. Hey Dylan! Good to see you! I should probably update his hair color and clothes, but haven't had a chance yet. I will though!

9RgeEhU.png
    Cale asked Mallory if she'd like to hang out with him and go inside where it was cool since it was very hot outside due to a heat wave. She said she could for a little while.

ig6VgM4.png
    He showed her every room in the house, except his bedroom. The two sat down then and Cale kicked up his flattery game a notch, telling Mallory her eyes were gorgeous, so dark and mysterious which he found very sexy.

yJZDTuC.png
    Mallory was eating it up! Incredible how fast the romance bar goes up between two romance Sims eh?

lbYOuIu.png
    It always makes me laugh when they show off their muscles. Every girl he's done that with has loved it and giggled like the school girls that they are.

gHXfUBi.png
    "What? You're looking at me so seriously, something wrong?"
    "No, I think there's something very right. I was just wondering what you'd do if I kissed you."
    "Oh? Well, I'm guessing you might like the results if you did."

dZHbheq.png
    Okay, I don't know if they updated something recently or if Mallory is just a very special girl, but it's the first time I've ever seen any close their eyes when Cale kissed them. Usually they get that shocked look on their face. Maybe it's because they're both so flirty and romantic? Hmmm...

hSPtHG5.png
    "Would you like to see the only room I haven't shown you yet?"
    "If it's your bedroom I do."
    "Ohhh Yeahhh!"

1ssay10.png
    hIsS5Ae.png
    xe03nGh.png
    "I'm so glad you walked by today."

I4dpDhD.png
    h2lxPdo.png
    "For you, from my own garden. Just a little something to thank you for today, something that's beauty reminds me of you. Although you are more beautiful than any rose could ever hope to be."

lb1jGEn.png
    liOMaa1.png
    Look at the way he's looking at her. Gah! I love romance!
    "Can I see you again?"

SWugsfV.png
    Mallory autonomously kissed his cheek. I think that's a yes Cale. She had to go after that, but I'm sure these two will be seeing each other again in the near future.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    *Updated my February 10th post above! As usual, I'll get started on comments/replies and hopefully have them finished before going to bed. Hope y'all had a fabulous day/night! <3
  • Options
    @permanentrose537
    Thank you! I try. I love building and renos are fun for me, so though it takes awhile to do, I enjoy it so much! Aww, no worries, at least she had a house right from the start! Cale had to make do with that shack he built. :D I think it took longer to do his wardrobe than the house reno! I always get lost in CAS, so many options to choose from, it's a bit daunting at times. Probably because I'm so picky for one thing. I so wish we had more jeans that go all the way down to their shoes. We have a few, but some that I really like, have cuffs on them. Ugh! Oh well...

I actually seriously thought about making him a Woo Hoo club. :D But I don't know how that would work. Would everyone get jealous of each other? I've never tried to do anything like that. Never actually used clubs very often. The most I've done with them was last year for this aspiration, and in all my Asylum Challenge attempts. That's it! However, I could at least encourage flirting as an activity, and maybe Woo Hoo too, we'll see. ;) It is a very easy one to finish yes, hence the reason I'm really not all that worried about taking so much time to get started with it. I think I actually did complete it in one or two play sessions last year. :D

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I might change her to the darker look you've given her if I have time, at least for now. We'll see... That's actually a good point, Gloria does seem older and bolder than Robin. But in order to somewhat combine your lore and mine, I figured Robin would have to be the older sister. I'm glad you liked seeing them play a part in my challenge, it was fun playing with them. Ooo, he is eh? Can't wait to see what Cale's up to in your challenge too. Awesome! Good idea playing ahead, always nice to do that so you don't feel so rushed to post, like I have been lately. :)
  • Options
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb10.jpg
    February 10: Leave a Positive Impression That Lasts!

D.J. is a straight A student, but he still has class rivals when it comes to oral reports and other projects that have a requirement of being presented in a classroom setting. He happened across a classmate's notebook in the school bathroom today. Flipping through it, there were some hefty note taking and diagrams. The Sim who lost this must be frantic. D.J. recognized the name on the inside cover. D.J. knew if he was the one who lost it, he would want the one who found it to turn it into to him or a teacher. It's only right he does the same. He held onto it until the class the two shared approached and returned it to his classmate who was very grateful of D.J.

dj-02-076.jpg

Another blizzard takes over Windenburg. There're more blizzards here than there was in Mt. Komorebi. D.J. loves the outdoors, but not when there's a blizzard going on. It makes it real slippery outside.

It's now Friday and it's D.J.'s last day of work. He has 5 vacation days now, so he is going to use those before leaving his employment for good as he will get paid for them. His boss has been really nice to him, so D.J. feels bad, but it is for the best, so he can have more free time after school.

dj-02-078.jpg

As 6pm came around, D.J. headed off to work. When he got inside, he went right to work helping customers out by seeing if they needed any help. Love Day was in four days, so many Sims were shopping for Love gifts or clothing for the special night. One customer in particular was looking for something for her husband. It was an elderly woman, so D.J. recommended something maybe humorous but also something he might wear. He directed her to the mannequin wearing heart boxers.

dj-02-081.jpg
    dj-02-079.jpg

D.J. even helped out the youngins. He supported the parents by approaching the child and seeing what their wants were. One child that he helped was looking for an outfit for the school dance coming up. This was one reason D.J.'s boss liked him so much. He took care of all the customers, no matter what age.

dj-02-080.jpg

Before D.J. clocked out for the final time for his retail job, he met up with his boss. He thought it was only appropriate to give him a hug for being so grateful to him. D.J. couldn't thank him enough and promised to come back and shop there in hopes to catch up on old times.

dj-02-082.jpg
    dj-02-077.jpg

Side Note:
    As Magnolia Promenade is a default World we can use to have Challenge Sim go to without having to had complete an Aspiration with it, I decided to put a retail store there and use it as D.J.s place of employment for this chapter. I may use it again down the road as if he's visiting where he used to work. D.J. actually had 6 vacation days. I used one for this day as his last day of physical work.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    February 10th Comments:

@Karababy52
    (Revisiting February 9 Daily Image)
    That's a nice cozy home for Cale. My favorite color is green, so I really like the kitchen the most. ;) Since D.J. has the Loves Outdoors trait, I'm enjoying him living in a tent. But he can't do that forever. :lol: I do have plans after the college month where he won't be living in a tent anymore. Obviously I am going to have him live in a dorm for the college month. He's just going to be so upset as he'll want to be outside a lot. Regarding your Club, will be fun to see what you come up with.
    I thought about upgrading the gym to have a climbing wall, but then I wanted to keep the original gym there. D.J. will be revisiting Mt. Komorebi eventually. He'll take advantage when he's there to use that gym. :wink: I might consider the freelance job as he gets older, but not as a teenager. We're getting close to March and Glimmerbrook. I have a special story arc for that planned. His book royalties will probably be his only income for that. I hope you will enjoy what I have planned. :smile:
    Cale has to see Mallory again, now. He needs to add a selfie with her to his wall. I wonder if she knows about that?! :lol: It might be too early.

@afai1261
    Aaron and Hunter, Melissa and Robin...hopefully Adonis and Cale will have a love or fling interest they can invite to the club, so they aren't the 5th and 6th wheel. :grin:
    I'm hoping he interacts more with the other Challenge Sims he met so far as well. I'd like him to be friends with all before the actual Challenge is over at the end of the year.
    I'm looking forward to Hunter being a Paranormal Investigator now. Especially if he's already paranormal in a way. :lol: Curious to see what you have Aaron do in the months ahead.

@permanentrose
    I suppose better Vlad being there than Kaori. :joy: She hasn't shown up in a while in your story. I wonder if she's jealous of all the other girls right now.
    D.J. has the Loves Outdoors trait, so living in a tent still really makes him happy. His mood is going to drop when the tent goes away. Right now, he showers at the Swimming Pool that he encountered when he arrived to Windenburg. He eats at the cafe as well. I thought it would be boring to constantly show those. I presented the cafe bit the second time I had him go and made it known that's his new eating spot. So, D.J. does shower. I just felt having him build one makes no sense when there is a blizzard pretty much every other day. :joy:

@Ellupelluellu
    Poor Sean. At least Yamachan and Joel were able to give him a positive mood for that very short period of time. Everyone has bad days. Here's to hoping Sean has better ones ahead of him.

@Carebear92
    You could have mentioned Savannah and Kiyoshi were a couple in a previous daily image chapter. I might have forgotten. But those two looks like they belong together as a couple, so I had to ask.

@RememberJoy
    Maybe Adam should have done some meditation. Not good he had an overwhelming sadness. But painting and puppies can be a nice cure. Those were cute puppies and kitten.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    February 11

AV3ZGoe.jpg
    The next day, Robin brought a friend home from school with her.
    BcHmKPX.png

Cassandra was in a tense mood.
    4wpoYPe.png

And Robin had a few ideas about how to remedy that ;) Robin has thrown all caution to the wind these days apparently. If there's a pretty girl she wants to kiss, you'd better believe she's kissing that girl :joy:
    nQMajb8.png

Cassandra was a little surprised, but definitely on board.
    AhXn1Bf.png
    qQXidp6.jpg

Sorry, Skylar, Robin is a little preoccupied right now :D
    jJMEve2.png

She messed around on the DJ booth after Cassandra left and got a tip...but from who? :D
    ZZiIbMQ.png

It was 1am and Pepper was the only one there, so I guess her dog is just super impressed by her skills LOL :joy:
    1WoMAOS.jpg

When she was done, she took out her journal, still buzzing with too many feelings to even try to sleep. She needed a moment to process all that was going on in her life right now. Three girls...and all of them wonderful in their own way. Sinead was commanding and confident, though sometimes a bit high maintenance. Skylar was effortlessly cool and sexy. And Cassandra, while a bit shy, was perhaps the safest option, since she had no ties to the Disco Dreamers. Robin tried not to dwell too much on it all though. After all, it wasn't like she was looking for another relationship...
    y57KQ1v.png

--
    Phew, this Serial Romantic aspiration is exhausting haha. I've been trying to do most of it now since it's not Robin's personality to juggle romances like this in general, but dang, she's only 3 out of 10 kisses in since kissing Aimi doesn't count, and she's only 4 out of 8 relationships in, and I just don't know how to keep this up, even if I find enough eligible teens, it's just so much to try to put into a story haha. I don't want to give up since I'm in this deep...maybe I'll have to do some kind of dream sequence/alternate universe later on since I think Robin might be maxed out on lovers for the time being haha.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    February 11
    I don't have the mental energy or writing ability to do a story update today, so this is going to be another majority no commentary update (you know, I should really start doing my updates earlier in the day instead of literally half an hour before midnight...).
    Also I don't know if I'll get time to do comments tomorrow (I mean, today for me since it's the 12th already :grimace: ), so if I don't they'll be the day after that.
    UJvlAd79_o.jpg
    ErHZtpH.png
    3sJGtCU.png
    zmfUUna.png
    Zqf39Lk.png
    1g23SCB.png
    HHUXRsx.png
    Sam3wfT.png
    gu9ltvP.png
    I7AabPr.png
    xPgnWlF.png
    EGJYUpc.png
    ...okay I know I said no commentary but this isn't story, it's notes ;) (The sim behind Aaron is Vladislaus Straud's brother Maksimillian Straud, yet another creation from MaggieMarley... yeah most of the sims in this save that aren't mine, premades, generated townies, or challenge sims are probably hers :D )
    IXsK53w.png
    (And speaking of her sims, Blue showed up at the discotheque again...)
    Ux49xCN.png
    (... but this time with her wife! <3 This is Regan Phoenix, and she's probably my favourite sim. She's a vampire with an alien skin tone :smiley: Oh and I created her)

b8HHG0y.png
    YX7fa4j.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    I never know what to choose for those pop-ups. Sometimes what you feel is the right answer, turns out to be wrong. Sheesh! Glad it turned out positive for DJ. Love how you made it look like you could follow DJ to his retail job and that his boss was so nice about the fact he quit. Good idea about leaving the retail shop in Magnolia Promenade. Glad you figured out that world is free to visit the same as Newcrest. I don't think I've ever mentioned that fact.

Thank you, glad you like it! That kitchen is one of my absolute favorites I've ever built. Along with the BBQ area, it's my favorite part of the entire build. :) Ah, I wondered if DJ would ever live in a house. Last year Essa went to Uni from home, I might have Cale live in the dorms this year. Haven't decided yet. I dislike dorm life so much! But it would be a good way for Cale to meet more ladies for our little side challenge. ;) Just imagine it, he gets all his female dormmates preggers, they have to leave as a result, the game generates more, lather, rinse, repeat! :D

Sounds good about the climbing wall. I just added a basement for it to the original gym by lilsimsie I'd downloaded. Excited to find out what you have planned for Glimmerbrook. I don't have any real plans for it yet, but I have some ideas rattling around in my brain. :) Oh, but of course he'll see her again, and hopefully her sister too! He's already added the selfie they took together to his wall of conquests. :D

@permanentrose
    Oh, well hey, that's the best way to relieve a tense mood. ;) Love how you've styled Cassie, she looks great! <3 Hmm, maybe it was Pepper that tipped her? hehe I like all the girls Robin has romanced, but if it were me, I'd pick Cassie to settle with as well. I just have a soft place in my heart for her. She is the spouse of my Build Newcrest Challenge Sim for one thing. Plus, she's such a natural beauty, even more so than her Mom in my opinion. :) I doubt it'll be a problem for Cale to get 10 kisses. :D He's already more than halfway there with 7! He's such a horndog! HAHA! :D

@afai1261
    Oh boy, I totally understand about the need to play and do updates earlier in the day. I tend to procrastinate, and am busy during the day though, so they end up happening just before midnight more times than I'd like as well. It happens. I actually love no text updates too. For instance, it's fun to imagine what's going on if it's not blatantly obvious such as with Cale rubbing his backside. I'm guessing he's warming up by the fire? hehe Love how everyone is cheering for Hunter fire dancing. Looks like he's really good! Everyone had such a good time at the club meeting. Oh cool, there's Maksimillian! I remember him! And Blue with her wife, Regan. Oh I love her! She's so pretty with her lavender colored skin! I love the color purple anyway though. Great job on her, I can understand why she's your favorite. :) They make such a beautiful, exotic looking couple!
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52 The relationships for the serial romance aspiration count ahead of time, but the kisses do not, just a heads up for when you get there. So keep those romances active if you want him to be kissing the same people for it to count, but since you’re doing the 100 baby challenge, I doubt you’ll run into that problem lol. I just found myself frustrated that Aimi doesn’t count for a kiss 😂 I’m getting creative with some work arounds though.

ETA: All first kisses count for that milestone too, but they won’t log in that ten kisses milestone until that stage is active. Just for anyone else taking on this task lol

Also the rest of my comments will be coming later! Gotta cram for a few tests first haha
  • Options
    @permanentrose - Ah, okay. Thanks for letting me know! Yeah, I'm sure it won't be a problem for Cale getting those kisses. hehe Excited to see what you mean by creative work arounds for your own try with this aspiration. ;)
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    February 11th: Meeting montage

Today's Achievements:
    Friend of the World
    - Introduce self to 10 sims
    - Have three friends
    - Meet someone new in three different locations
    - Achieve level 6 in charisma

ZazZwrj.png
    Today I was determined to meet as many of the residents of Windenburg as possible. I started at a nice little pub in Windslar for some some breakfast and ended my quest back at the gym; cue montage music!
    8ZQwHr4.png
    Mila Flex (Married Marcus Flex, Wolfgang's mother)

8VksSCy.png
    Bartholomew A. Bittlebun, Sr. (Very polite)

spFatdw.png
    Jacques Villareal (Shifty, might be a vampire)

7C17786.png
    Paolo Rocca (Seemed cool)

llLKuxd.png
    Joaquin Le Chien (Also lives on island south of my place)

In4kcl7.png
    Marcus Flex (Is very passionate about fitness, Wolfgang's step father)

7KM4YK9.png
    Gunther Munch (Wolfgang's brother, lives alone with cat)

HHO0zEI.png
    Maaike Haas and Siobhan Fyres (Bookworm and Paragon member)

Y0qmfFY.png
    ... I've got nothing

With my head full of new names and faces to remember, I started our club meeting and led a yoga session to ground myself. As we were wrapping up, I got a text from Yuki that a dance party had started at the ancient ruins just outside of town. I grabbed some friends, old and new, and we headed over. The ruins were all lit up and the party was already in full swing when we arrived.
    nqlFmQm.png
    Of course I had to show off some of the awesome new moves I've picked up.
    XiRFMwz.png
    I joined the bon fire burning nearby and watched as Jade whipped out some fire batons and twirled around with them.
    KzO231h.png
    Of course I had to try.
    C0lTsTu.png
    As midnight approached, I felt the excitement of the day catching up to me, so I made my goodbys and headed home.
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2022
    Feb 6 - The First Auditions - Part 1

dance-audition-cover.png
    It was the weekend, and Dylan was pretty excited because tonight he was holding the first auditions for his Dance Crew. He had told Jade the name of his Dance Crew and she had absolutely loved it. Jade had already called her friend, the fashion designer, and once the final dance crew members were selected, she would come over and give them a few suggestions for their outfits.

It was all happening so fast. Jade was coming over early to help re-arrange his place for the auditions. Dylan had also told Jade that Wolfgang Munch was already a member, and that he would be a Co-Captain with Dylan. Jade had never met Wolfgang, but thought it was a good idea to have someone who was familiar with Windenburg to be a team captain with Dylan. Jade was feeling very good about Dylan's leadership skills, and felt that he would be a very fair leader, listening to everyone's ideas.

They set out a small table with some water, and a sign-in book. Jade also put some fresh towels out for members to use after their audition. Then they lifted the sofa around, so that it faced the dance floor. Jade said that they would have to move the DJ booth into Dylan's bedroom, and Dylan quickly said that he could handle that. Jade smiled at him, and said that was good because she wanted to hang up the posters for the Dance-Off competition on the wall, and outside his front door.

With everything ready, Dylan and Jade sat down and went over what would happen during the auditions.

jade-and-dylan-chat.png

Jade: "First off, we'll just ask them some general questions, like why they want to join, what type of music they like, that sort of thing, to put them at ease. Then, they will do their audition. I'll be making notes on how they look and move to the music. Once they are done, you and the audition sim will dance together. That way, I can see if you mesh well...like if your styles are going to sync together. This will also give me a chance to see how well they take direction. We will let everyone know that we will give them a call after all the auditions are done to let them know if they made the Dance Crew. Once the audition sim has left, we'll take a few minutes to chat about their audition and how you feel about them as being part of your Dance Crew. Does that sound good?"

Dylan: "Yeah...that sounds good. So, what should I be looking for?"

Jade: "Well, you want someone you can get along with. And when a dancer dances, you should be able to feel the emotion they are trying to convey. Like, they are giving it their all...if you know what I mean..."

Dylan: "Okay, I got it. A dancer is like an actor, and they can make you feel a certain way with how they dance."

Jade: "Wow! Yes! That is a really good explanation, and that is what you're going to look for. Just remember, that some of them might be a bit nervous, so just take that into account..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

the-first-one-to-come-to-the-door-was-morgan-fyres.png

It was 7pm and the first sim to audition knocked on the door.

Dylan got up and opened the door, and there stood a vision before him. Her name was Morgan Fyres. Dylan asked her to sign the sign-in book and then he introduced Jade.

Morgan: "Wolfgang actually told me you were holding auditions. I like to party...I mean what teen doesn't, right? And I like to dance...so I thought I would give it a try..."

hi-you-here-for-the-audtition.png

Dylan, Jade and Morgan chatted, and Jade busily wrote some notes on a pad of paper.

Jade: "So, Morgan, do you have any dance experience?"

ok-morgan-show-us-what-you-got.png

Morgan: "Well, not professional dancing, if that's what you're asking. But, I go clubbing...and...well, when I dance, I really try to feel the beat...you know, get into the music. I heard a saying once, "Dance is an expression between body and soul..." and I really believe that. Some songs...well, they make you feel alive. You know?"

Jade nodded, "Morgan, I quite agree."

As Jade continued to ask Morgan questions, Dylan stared at his pad of paper, and all he had written was "Morgan...red hair...green eyes...friend of Wolfgang's...smokin' HOT..." Well, that wasn't going to help him decide. But what he really wanted to know was if Morgan and Wolfgang were an "item", because he was rather mesmerized by her green eyes. Oh geez...how was he going to make a decision if all these audition sims were going to be so HOT?

Dylan cleared his throat, "So...um...Morgan, what kind of music do you like?"

Jade gave him a sideways glance, and smirked. She had seen the looks between Dylan and Morgan. These two were sizzling!

Morgan: "Well, I like all kinds, but, I think I'm a rocker at heart..."

im-a-rocker-myself.png

Dylan: "Cool....I like rock music, too...", he replied scribbling "likes rock...google rock ballads...and rocking pick-up lines..." on his pad of paper.

Jade then asked Morgan if she had prepared something for the audition, and Morgan handed Jade her phone with the Simify music app and shuffled to her audition song.

Jade: "Anytime you're ready Morgan. Go ahead..."

great-moves-morgan.png

When Morgan was done, Jade smiled at her and told her she had done a great job. "Now, I'd like to see you and Dylan dance together. I'm going to show you some dance moves, and you try to mimic them when the music plays. Alright? Here goes."

Jade showed them a series of steps and they were pretty quick to catch on. And then it was Morgan and Dylan's turn.

you-look-amazing-together.png

Jade really liked the vibe these two were giving off. They were meant to dance together. Jade thanked Morgan for her audition, and Dylan walked Morgan to the door.

Dylan: "I'm no expert, but...well, I think you're a great dancer. Maybe I...maybe I can get your number...you know...to call you tomorrow with the audition results...."

Morgan looked at him, "Sure...and maybe I should get yours...you know, in case I have any questions..."

let-me-get-your-number.png

They exchanged numbers and Morgan thanked them both and left. Dylan stared at the door after Morgan was gone.

Jade: "Well...I would say that we most definitely have to get Morgan in your Dance Crew. Wouldn't you agree, Dylan?....Dylan?"

Dylan suddenly realized that Jade was speaking to him, "Oh...sorry...I was...um...what did you say...?"

Jade laughed, "I was saying that Morgan was a great dancer, and that you should choose her for your Dance Crew. The way the two of you move together...wow! For two dancers who just met and danced together for the first time, you are so in sync. You two have AMAZING chemistry together...on and off the dance floor...I think you might be crushing on her..."

Dylan: "Oh...was it obvious?"

Jade: "Just a little...", she chuckled, "Well, try to control those emotions, Dylan. You can't be drooling over all the dancers in your Dance Crew...right?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As they continued to chat, it looked like there were some other sims on their way to the audition.

i-think-dj-might-be-coming-to-the-audition.png

Next up was @LegacySims2017 Dash Joseph Faireborn, nicknamed DJ. When DJ entered the house, he thought that Dylan looked familiar. Dylan actually recognized DJ, too.

Dylan: "Hey, DJ, what are you doing in Windenburg?"

DJ: "Well I....um...a friend invited me to come to Windenburg and visit them...so I decided to stay for awhile. And you?"

Dylan: "Yeah, well, I...um...applied here as an exchange student...you know...wanted to explore the world a bit..."

dj-glad-you-came-for-the-audition.png

After introducing DJ to Jade, they sat down and chatted a bit.

Jade: "So how do you and Dylan know each other, DJ?"

DJ: "Oh, we attended the same school and went skiing together a few times..."

Jade: "Well, auditions are always easier when you know each other. Do you have a lot of dance experience?"

DJ: "Not really. I mean I like to dance...and..." he continued in a whisper, "...I kind of dance at my job...after hours in the retail store...you know when no one is around...with the mannequins...to Bamboleo...you know like in that movie Sing...yeah...I kind of let loose..."

lets-see-those-moves-dj.png

Jade: "So you have a passion for dancing...that is great. Do you think you can put that passion for dancing out there in front of a crowd?"

DJ: "Yeah...I think I could...that's why I'm here."

Dylan stared at his pad of paper, and all he had written was "DJ...knows me...the gig is up..." Okay, so DJ had recognized him, and knew he was from Mt. Komorebi. But that was about it. They had never really discussed their pasts, and Dylan had never told DJ he was dating Kaori. Plus, DJ was his friend, so maybe this would work.

Dylan: "You know, DJ, I never asked you what kind of music you liked...?"

DJ: "Oh bro, I like music from different cultures...Japanese...Latin...that sort of thing..."

DJ then handed Jade his phone with his song selected and started the audition.

dj-the-dancing-fool-on-he-floor.png

When he was finished, Jade told DJ that he certainly had rhythm in his soul and had done a wonderful audition.

[Note: While DJ was dancing, I got the pop-up, "likes dancing", and so yes, DJ does!]

Then Jade wanted to see how Dylan looked with DJ. After showing them a few steps, she watched them and jotted some notes on her pad. DJ had a lot of energy and was very expressive with his hand and facial gestures.

good-job-boys.png

Dylan walked DJ out, "DJ, I never knew you could dance like that. Jade told me I needed to wait until everyone auditions, but, bro...I think you were great...I'll call you tomorrow..."

DJ smiled and thanked Jade and Dylan and then headed out the door.

yu-da-man-bro-see-you-later.png

Dylan came back to sit beside Jade, and before he could say anything, Jade spoke, "Dylan...DJ is a shoe-in. The guy is a secret salsa dancer. He has high energy...and those expressions when he dances...well, he has a lot of character. The judges are going to love him...they give points for expression, and DJ certainly has that. Plus, he's a friend of yours, and that's a plus."

Dylan: "Yeah...I was kind of thinking the same thing. DJ was one of my first friends, and yeah, I think he'd be great in the Dance Crew."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next up was @afai1261 Aaron Winterson, and Aaron recognized Dylan, too.

aaron-glad-you-could-make-it.png

Aaron: "Dylan...like the hair, dude. So the call of Windenburg beckoned you, too, huh?"

They then went on to tell each other what brought them to Windenburg, Aaron stating he bought a house there, and Dylan saying he was an exchange student.

Dylan introduced Aaron to Jade.

Jade: "Oh, how nice, another friend of Dylan's. I like the whole outfit you have going on there, Aaron."

Aaron smiled at her, "Thanks...I need to buy some new clothes, but I wore my favorite shirt."

Jade nodded, "Yes, it's nice to express yourself. So tell me why you'd like to try out for the Dance Crew..."

Aaron cleared his throat, "Well, I've recently undergone some changes in my life, and am feeling a bit more confident in who I am now. And to be honest, I've always wanted to be on that show "Dancing With The Sims"...and I've watched a lot of dance videos and have practiced moves in front of the mirror..."

Jade: "So...just in front of the mirror...what about in a club?" she asked jotting some notes on her pad of paper.

Aaron: "Yeah, I have...but I don't like crowds much. I'm a bit of a loner, actually, but, I'm trying to get out and meet more sims."

aaron-show-us-whart-you-got.png

Jade: "Aaron, you do know, that if you're chosen for the Dance Crew, that it is being held at Discoteque Pan Europa, and there will be a lot of sims there."

Aaron: "Yes, but if I make it on the Dance Crew, I have a special sim who will be there for me, so I will feel better. They just don't know I'm here. It's kind of a surprise..."

Dylan smiled: "Aaron...are you talking about Hunter? Are you two an item now?" he asked as he scribbled on his notepad "Aaron...knows me...good friend...it'll be fine...has a bf...go Aaron!..."

Aaron beamed, "Yeah, we are...I just...I just feel so lucky to be with him, and he has given me so much confidence. I saw the flyer at school, and just wanted to show him that I could take chances...you know,,,to do what I always had dreamed of doing..."

Jade: "Aaron, you're a very honest sim, and I feel that you are going to give this everything you've got. Good luck!"

aaron-audition-good.png

Aaron handed Dylan his phone with his audition song selected, "Electronica? Whoa! That's my fav, too! Cool, Aaron!"

Aaron smiled, "That's my jam!"

Aaron did his audition and afterwards Jade said that he had done very well and had some very smooth moves.

[While Aaron was dancing, I got the same pop-up I got for DJ. So, yes, Aaron likes dancing. And he looks so happy, too.]

aaron-audition-doing-a-river-dance.png

Jade got up and went over some dance moves with Dylan and Aaron, and then watched them dance together.

okay-aaron-that-was-fab.png

When Aaron was done, Jade thanked him for coming and made more notes on her pad of paper. Dylan walked Aaron to the door.

farewell-aaron.png

Dylan: "Aaron, I think you made an impression on Jade, and bro, you are alright in my books. I can't say anything yet, but, yeah, I think you would be awesome as part of the Dance Crew. I'll give you a call tomorrow to let you know for sure..."

Aaron was still smiling, and he thanked Jade and Dylan and headed home.

jade-and-dylan-chat.png

Dylan went over to chat with Jade.

Jade: "Dylan, I really like Aaron. He's got some fab dance moves...and terrific footwork. I think this took a lot of courage for him to come here today. And to do this as a surprise for someone he cares about...now that's sweet. I wish I had a guy who would do that for me. And Aaron really enjoys dancing...did you see how his face lit up? I think he would be an excellent addition to the Dance Crew."

Dylan: "I'm glad you said that, Jade, because I was going to tell you that I want Dylan as part of the Dance Crew, too."

i-think-aaron-is-in.png

Jade and Dylan decided to take a short break before any other audition sims showed up. Dylan sat there for a moment thinking about both DJ and Aaron recognizing him.

Dylan thinking: "Well, they both don't REALLY know too much about me...and it'll be nice to have some more friends in Windenburg." As Dylan stood up and replenished the water, and put out some fresh towels, Dylan wondered who else he might meet that he knew.

nice-to-have-friends.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I actually got a pop-up for Dylan to invite Morgan to his house after school, and that is how that audition happened.

invite-morgan-over.png

Ooh la la! It seems that Morgan is attracted to Dylan. Opposites attract? Now that's interesting.

morgan-is-attracted-to-dylan.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    Super beat, I had a long week, too exhausted for comments tonight. I'm going away this weekend to visit some friends, but I'm not leaving until tomorrow afternoon so I hope I have time do comments before I head out! If not, I apologize, might just be a weekend where comments don't happen. I do have some updates ready to go though :)
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Feb 9: Awesome house tour! I love the back porch!
    Also that colour in the kitchen is gorgeous!
    This is such a cool build!
    Haha of course he needs his VIP 'juice' bucket right beside the bed ;) But then one of Aaron and Hunter's VIP buckets is right beside their bed too so I can't talk haha (the other is on the kitchen table LOL)
    I like his new wardrobe too. Went and updated my save's version of Cale to have those outfits :)

Feb 10: Oh hello there, Mallory! She's beautiful!
    And there goes Cale, wasting no time in complimenting the lovely lady!
    Hahaha Cale found a girl in my game recently (I wanted him to invite someone to Aaron's club like Melissa did) and she loved the muscles move too :joy: Now that I think about it I should have had him attempt to seduce too, that would have been even better lol
    And there he goes, kiss and woohoo! Fast work there, Cale! But why am I surprised ;) woohoo_master69 strikes again :D
    (also I am so glad you liked that I gave him that nickname, I was worried thinking it would be too immature :joy: )

@Ellupelluellu
    Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the ordeal you've been through though!
    Jan 9: Lovely to see Sean again... even if he was angry most of the time!

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 8: Understandable that DJ would want to quit his job.
    He has a good chunk of money right now anyway.

Feb 9: Very cool bank! I like how you're making things seem more realistic in your story than they usually are in the game (like the app to say how many $$ he got versus the game just giving a notification).
    It's a very cool way to play!

Feb 10: I love that you played out DJ's last day at work!
    Good to see that DJ left on good terms with his boss :)

@RememberJoy
    Feb 10: Congrats for finishing the aspiration!
    Ah poor Adam feeling a bit down. Good that he was able to do some painting to push through it!
    Aww the cat and dog are adorable! I'm glad that the art and the dogs helped him feel better :)

Feb 11: Love the idea of presenting all the new people Adam met as a montage and his thoughts about them haha.
    I especially like Bartholomew A. Bittlebun, Sr. being noted as 'very polite' :D

@permanentrose
    Feb 11: Robin! Adding a third girl into the mix? Sheesh!
    Bahaha Skylar asking Robin on a date while Robin is busy with Cassie made me laugh far too much :joy:
    Omg yes the phantom tips... I remember that happening the last time I had a sim use the DJ booth and that was maybe 3 years ago :D

@SoulGal7
    Feb 6: Wow this was a fun update!
    Morgan!!! (everytime Morgan shows up in anyone's updates this month I'm always just like :love: haha if it wasn't obvious already she's my favourite premade :D )
    I'm not surprised Dylan has a crush on her - "smokin' HOT" I mean her last name is Fyres ;);) And I agree HAHA
    Oh, DJ! Hey! Lovely to see him too!
    AARON! Yay!
    Ah what Aaron said about being lucky to be with Hunter - my heart <3<3
    He looks awesome on the dance floor! Go Aaron! I'm so proud of him, for stepping up and auditioning even though he's a loner. That's my boy.
    Aaron actually likes dancing in my game too :smiley:
    So he's definitely going to be part of the dance crew? This update made me so happy, you have no idea haha.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 11: "Disco Pädniic"

RchnjRu.png

Notes
    B8PZoPS.png
    Cale had been spending so much time at home, I figured it was about time he got out to have some fun and do a little mingling. I placed this nightclub last year in Windenburg. Some of you may remember it's the place where Essa cast the Strangeify spell on Damon when she was on a mission for revenge.

U7Hat1G.png
    There wasn't too many there yet, but slowly others began to trickle in, including Cale's mail carrier, Breanna, and Veera! She's the Global Superstar he'd gotten an autograph from when he first arrived in Mt. Komorebi.

DbnV4Sb.png
    The club has a second floor balcony looking down on the first. I love this club, it's just so pretty! One problem though, the DJ kept taking breaks to gawk at Vera and didn't actually play many tunes all night. *sigh*

vJdUWLE.png
    Vera decided to show off her moves as more arrived to watch her including; L. Faba, Adam Lambert, one of my vampires, Saya, and Josh.

I6Hvlan.png
    It was at this point I realized Cale wasn't wearing his party clothes and had him change. He introduced himself to Damon and asked him if he wanted to do a Dance Battle.

eTOT4TM.png
    "Sure kid, but I'll warn you, I'm a fabulous dancer and belonged to a very popular club years ago. You won't win."

qPE5XXp.png
    "We'll just see about that, won't we?"
    A pretty bold statement from somebody who has exactly zero dance skills Cale.

8olhkRP.png
    Surprisingly, he was doing very well! Damon was cheering for him and Adam came over to watch too!

byn8L2n.png
    However, Damon never had a chance to show off his skills as Veera came back on the floor to pose for pictures. No matter, he saw the first teen to arrive, D.J.! The two were already friends from Mt. Komorebi and greeted each other by giving props!

mZoHMzm.png
    They had a great time catching up. D.J. was very happy to find out Cale was okay. He told the teen everyone thought he'd died in the fire. Cale asked him to please not tell anyone he'd seen him there and why. Of course D.J. agreed. Cale had no idea he was dancing right next to Joy's Mom, Samara.

h4SdZNZ.png
    Josee interrupted them to geek out over Vera with D.J.
    "Hey, you look familiar, do I know you?"
    "I don't think so, nope."

3aA69AA.png
    "Psst, Cale, I think that chick's a little juiced."

OU8qDyP.png
    *Zzzwhipp* Melody sped her way over to stare at Cale. I guess somehow she knew who he was. Uh oh Cale, could be trouble for you. Cale ignored her and kept talking with D.J. until...

Z7v0Xl2.png
    Whoa! Holy Simoly! Are you okay Veera?
    (Of course I am, just showing off one of the reasons I'm a Global Superstar!)
    "Wow! Go Mom! I didn't know you could do that."

4ehmPA1.png
    (So that's why her autograph is worth so much huh?)
    Uh, maybe... o.O

5uJfN11.png
    Cale finally noticed the very lovely Melody. She introduced herself, and Cale said she looked a lot like this girl he'd just met named Mallory. Melody told him that's because she was her Mom.
    "Oh, well I can certainly see where Mallory gets her good looks."
    You're such a sweet talker Cale! But don't try to get too cozy, she's off limits!

RSsgjKw.png
    They had a great chat too, laughing and joking, getting to know each other.

7FTYViE.png
    Melody walked away for a minute and Cale followed her with his eyes.

oWUDgKm.png
    Cale...Cale...Helloooo! CALE! Forget it! She's married, she's too old for you and most of all, she's Mallory's Mom. Like I said, off limits for you!
    (Mmm, too bad...)
    You can be friends though, but that's it!

CnvR2Us.png
    "Mallory tells me the two of you had a good day together."
    "Oh yeah, we did. She's a great girl, I really like her, a lot."

OwwPoWf.png
    "We took some photos together, see, have a look."
    "Oh, you look so cute together."
    "I think so too."

ZfaTsdE.png
    "Please, if you continue to see her, and, maybe start seriously dating or something, be good to her, okay? If you're really not interested, don't let things go too far and break her heart."
    "Oh hey, we just had one day together, we just met. Nothing serious. We'll see how it goes. I really do like her though."
    "Alright, well you seem like a good kid. I should go, it's getting very late, you probably need to go too? Don't you have school?"
    "Oh, well, I'm not going to school."
    "I see, taking a vacation day then."
    "You could say that."
    "Alright, good night Cale, it was very nice meeting you."
    "Night, good to meet you too."

3ylOCp9.png
    Wouldn't you know it, as soon as Cale had to leave, more teens started to show up. Probably because halfway through the night I remembered to put the Teen Neighborhood lot trait on the club. Anyway, here's Dylan looking very sharp. Although I just realized I didn't give him a beard or his bracelets. Opps!

WaHFrNw.png
    Joy is here now too.

fjTTPEn.png
    And over at the bar is Hana, Kenzie, Jessah and Jules. Hmm...maybe it's a good thing he had to leave. Things could've gotten a bit awkward very fast otherwise. o.O

ZyeMW8s.png
    Cale went to bed at around 9 a.m. the following morning, he'd been at the club for almost 12 hours! I looked around outside while he was sleeping before closing the game and saw Aaron walk by. Dang, wish Cale hadn't been sleeping. Ah well, I'm sure he'll see Aaron again soon.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • Options
    February 11th Comments:

@permanentrose
    Well, it does say a few Sims, so Pepper had friends with tipping Robin. :lol:

@afai1261
    Uh, what exactly is Cale doing in that second image? :lol: Trying to warm up his tooshie? :joy:

@Karababy52
    Wow, I was so oblivious of the daily image. THAT is the selfie with Cale and Mallory. I must have been tired or something...lol! I believe you did mention Magnolia Promenade in your original post.

I don't think we're getting an Aspiration with the Wedding Stories pack unless they're keeping it under wraps right now. I watched the first half of the live stream and the focus was the "events" and new "items" that came with it. They did show off the World a bit as well.

@RememberJoy
    The fire baton twirling at night is cool. Good to see Aaron meet a lot of new folks in town. The shower scene made me LOL literally...his facial expression. :lol:

@SoulGal7
    Now you just made D.J. sound creepy! :joy: Dancing with the mannequins at work? :lol::lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Oh boy, I totally understand about the need to play and do updates earlier in the day. I tend to procrastinate, and am busy during the day though, so they end up happening just before midnight more times than I'd like as well. It happens. I actually love no text updates too. For instance, it's fun to imagine what's going on if it's not blatantly obvious such as with Cale rubbing his backside. I'm guessing he's warming up by the fire? hehe Love how everyone is cheering for Hunter fire dancing. Looks like he's really good! Everyone had such a good time at the club meeting. Oh cool, there's Maksimillian! I remember him! And Blue with her wife, Regan. Oh I love her! She's so pretty with her lavender colored skin! I love the color purple anyway though. Great job on her, I can understand why she's your favorite. :) They make such a beautiful, exotic looking couple!
    When I posted my latest update I was mentally checked out and couldn't come up with the words to describe anything in any way reminiscent of a story (probably solely because it was almost midnight lol). I was going to just put up one screenshot and be done with it but I decided to add more (and then in the process of doing that, midnight passed and I was like oh poop :joy: ).
    At the same time I am putting pressure on myself to actually come up with story beats and stuff and maybe I should lessen some of that pressure, this is meant to be fun.
    I procrastinate way too much :D

Yes he is warming up his butt :joy:

@LegacySims2017
    @afai1261
    Uh, what exactly is Cale doing in that second image? :lol: Trying to warm up his tooshie? :joy:
    Yes! lol here are the pictures I took before it:
    KfACTM1.png
    qoeBOXj.png
    I just thought it was so funny that it was him doing it and no one else :joy:
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    *Updated my February 11th post above! I'll get started on comments next, hopefully finish them. If not, I'll have them ready to post in the morning. Have a great day/night tomorrow! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top