Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did anyone else notice the new "attach file" and image upload buttons?

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    Omg thank you! This is so cool! :relaxed: It was annoying to always log in imgur.

You don't have to log into imgur to upload pics. :blush:

How do you post without a host? Rhyme unintentional.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Bluegayle wrote: »

You just click the "new post" button in the top left corner which appears there even if you aren't signed in. Then upload your desired image(s) with drag and drop and hit the "get link" button. From the URL of that link you can then get the image links of all the pictures.
    They host the image and give you image links, all without the need to ever sign in.

I don't have an Imgur login, and I just uploaded this image there using that method.
    S5w6TWW.png
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    Omg thank you! This is so cool! :relaxed: It was annoying to always log in imgur.

You don't have to log into imgur to upload pics. :blush:

You do need a host site but you don't need an account to upload images with imgur.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Ah thank you @crocobaura I understand now what you meant. Its not difficult using them just would have been nice not to have to. :) And @Stormkeep
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hmmm not working for me. I can only get the link to imjur. Not explaining well but i know I will figure it out. LOL

Aha! I figured it out ignore previous message. :D

ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 2022
    :bawling: nuuu it would have been so nice
    then again I was wondering how the site would contain the trillion screens I would post cause :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

You need to add the bb code link for it to display correctly on the forum.
  • Options
    You have to go to the link and then get the direct image link to actually post them as images here.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    then again I was wondering how the site would contain the trillion screens I would post cause :lol:

:lol: I'm sure that's the "logistical reasons" which @EA_Cade mentioned. Though there are other game's which allow it on their official forums and have no problem. EA probably just doesn't want to pay the extra money for the increased storage limits it would require from their host.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Stormkeep wrote: »

:lol: I'm sure that's the "logistical reasons" which @EA_Cade mentioned. Though there are other game's which allow it on their official forums and have no problem. EA probably just doesn't want to pay the extra money for the increased storage limits it would require from their host.

It's less the hosting costs and more the liability of having whatever is uploaded on our servers.

It was a big problem in the past that I doubt will be revisited any time soon.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2022
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Stormkeep wrote: »

:lol: I'm sure that's the "logistical reasons" which EA_Cade mentioned. Though there are other game's which allow it on their official forums and have no problem. EA probably just doesn't want to pay the extra money for the increased storage limits it would require from their host.

It's less the hosting costs and more the liability of having whatever is uploaded on our servers.

Yeah, I got a bit worried when I saw that we could upload any file with this feature. I would love for images to be allowed, as long as there would be a way for them to fall within EA's terms of service. But maybe that's not possible and I can understand the implications if people would break those rules and upload any images.
  • Options

You know, that makes a lot of sense. An image-hosting site's business is all about image hosting, so that's where they'd have the resources to mange any liability concerns. While for EA, it's not your core business, so it makes total sense that it is just much simpler to not have to deal with it in the first place.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    @EA_Cade wrote: »

Are you able to elaborate on the big problem in the past part? Was it due to inappropriate images or just an overload of sorts? I'm not too tech savvy but if it's due to inappropriate images, could the profanity filter be updated? I remember when I first joined the forums, there was an option to upload screenshots.

Regardless, thanks for clarifying that it wasn't a new feature.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager

Are you able to elaborate on the big problem in the past part? Was it due to inappropriate images or just an overload of sorts? I'm not too tech savvy but if it's due to inappropriate images, could the profanity filter be updated? I remember when I first joined the forums, there was an option to upload screenshots.

I will say that it wasn't storage capacity related, and I'll have to leave it at that.

Unfortunately bad actors can ruin things for everyone.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member

I will say that it wasn't storage capacity related, and I'll have to leave it at that.

Unfortunately bad actors can ruin things for everyone.

It's unfortunate that one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. Thanks :).
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Thanks a bunch @Babykittyjade ! I just grabbed the files. The equipment might look a little out of place on my almost vanilla Maxis sims, nowhere near as good as your screenshot, but I'll have fun with them :)
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Well I got excited and then I saw the edit 😔 I keep putting off sharing screenshots because it's such a hassle to copy and paste link after link
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    I knew it!
    UWBV9BY.gif

Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted. And I completely understand the reasoning.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Well I got excited and then I saw the edit 😔 I keep putting off sharing screenshots because it's such a hassle to copy and paste link after link

Especially with a cell phone 🥲 I toggle back and forth between screens to post something then I'm just like forget it lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ahh that's too bad it was temporary and I just found out today. Having said that I wish we could get a dark mode feature but I won't go there.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Ahh, poo. I didn't get a chance to use it. Oh, it's just as well. I would only yearn for ever after.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2022
    @EA_Cade We now have a problem where we can't post attachments in our first post when making a new thread. It has happened to me twice now. Just thought I would let you know ;)

This is the error message:
    You are not allowed to post attachments in this category, Please remove any attachments to proceed
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    @EA_Cade We now have a problem where we can't post attachments in our first post when making a new thread. It has happened to me twice now. Just thought I would let you know ;)

This is the error message:
    You are not allowed to post attachments in this category, Please remove any attachments to proceed

I had this problem as well.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I do apologize!

I knew the second I saw this thread something went awry and I wasn't going to be the most popular person around for having to get it resolved.

Hey, don't sweat it, Cade, to me it was just as it was in the beginning, but I'm happy to use imjur. No worries. :) Now, go out and make it a great day!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/