Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Discover University Refresh

2...Next

Comments

• carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don’t think they can make the neighborhood bigger (the lagging!). But one thing they could do is introducing Multipurpose lots and Functional Townhouses / Apartments (build your own, multiple Households on 1 lot). That would make it possible to squeeze in some more Households or a combined Bar / Gym / Restaurant.
    My hopes for an University EP Refresh:

1. A Music Degree (Separate from Art Degree).
    Skills: Music Theory (Composing) / Charisma / Optional 1st instrument / Optional 2nd instrument / Optional 3rd instrument
    (Level up 3 different instrument skills, e.g. Singing + Piano + Drums)
    Careers: Freelance Musician & Composer / Music Teacher / Conductor / Orchestra member
    Task for classes: Perform on final concert (all instrument skills) / Submit term paper & Take final exam (Charisma & Music Theory)
    MUSIC & BANDS PACK - THREAD
    2. Graduation party
    3. Not possible to get above Career level 7+ without an (optional) University Degree (Toggle on / off in Game settings)
    4. Option to play Rotationally (pause the education?)
    5. More Difficulty to level up Organization level (It should not be possible to level up it with just repetitively talking! Maybe this as a Lot Challenge?)
    6. Make some of the Organizations open for both Universities (A Debate club for Foxbury!)
    7. More Organizations, ex: Music organization & Sport organization
    8. Possibility to take your Graduation photo at any time (Impossible to get photos for all sims when they graduate from Foxbury & Britechester at the same time!)
    9. The Entertainer career changed into 2 Freelance careers: Freelance Entertainer / Comedian and Freelance Musician / Composer (Music Degree) . The Painting career changed into Freelance Artist (Art Degree).
    10. Some active classes / activities for classes as @Gordy suggested
    11. Actual soccer as @ @Simmingal suggested (Soccer goal!)
    12. Playable University Professors!!! as @imhappy suggested (We even have the career!!!)
    13. Possible to get Party invitations (Hosted by an unplayed sim), ex. Keg party (with tasks)
    14. Option to Focus camera on bike (All lost bikes!)
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I like all of these except number two, I would still like to be able to work careers up to 10 without University.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited September 2021
    candyboot wrote: »
    If they Add another University Neighborhood, Then it should be called "Jackson University" named after Michael Jackson. They also need to add a residential/commercial with gym Neighborhood.

Why would they name a university after Michael Jackson?

Music Themed University it is.

I feel like would be... controversial. Also they'd have to pay money to the Jackson estate or whoever owns his name which is very unlikely lol We are more likely to get Baby Ariel University
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    -Added note for Rotational gameplay
    -Remove the no kitchen thing in dorms
    -Make university more useful. Jobs like doctor or astronaut should require university to reach the top.
    -Introduce a more robust loan system that can work for things outside of funding university, like buying a home or business.

-My biggest issue is overhaul the roommate system. And make it so i dont have to join a household with some rando to live in a dorm. Even if I have to have a roommate i DONT want to control them!!! Getting my one sim to do what i want is hard enough without looking after a sim I dont care about
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    If they Add another University Neighborhood, Then it should be called "Jackson University" named after Michael Jackson. They also need to add a residential/commercial with gym Neighborhood.

Why would they name a university after Michael Jackson?

Music Themed University it is.

Wouldn't you have to get permission from Jackson's relatives to use his name in a Sims game?

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimmerNSSimmerNS Posts: 24 Member
    I will be honest, this is one of my favorite packs, purely cause it fits my style of playing and I got exactly what I wanted and expected.
    I do find the world to be very small and I don't use it as often as I expected. It needs apartments or more shared housing type lots.
    There is a lot in this pack I have yet to discover, its definitely content loaded (I've had it for a few months and I still haven't discovered everything about university XD)

It was a bit light on skills, and that's a silly thing to say because what else could they have possibly added (expansion packs generally only have 2 skills anyway). Its also hilarious when my sim finishes 2 or 3 degrees in the time the townies do 1. I honestly would love a doctorate or PhD for an added level of difficulty. More experimental sims and personalities would have also been nice (some random townies are already out-there but not quite what i'm looking for ._.) or a 'phase' similar to the ones children/teens get in parenthood that eventually pass or change.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    If they update Discover University, they should alter the Secret Society so that if you reach a certain level, you will earn the sprites' loyalty and retain your sprite-based abilities even after you leave.