Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is extra credit necessary for straight A students?

I get it if you're a B student and the projects are great for less than B but is extra credit really necessary for straight A students?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I get it if you're a B student and the projects are great for less than B but is extra credit really necessary for straight A students?

No, all it does is get them up to A more quickly. I imagine if you played with "short" lifespan settings it may be required to get them to an A before they age up, though.

You can never do school projects or extra credit on homework and still get an A though, it will just take longer.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,580 Member
    You can never get an A from extra credit or projects? What's the point then?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Homework isn't even necessary for them as long as you keep an eye on the progress bar and don't let it drop to a place where a chance card can knock them back down to a B.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited February 2022
    Wow, really?

Yep, I usually stop doing homework once they get up to A. Literally all that matters is the performance bar, just like with careers and the career level. All that homework and school projects do is push the bar up.
    After they reach "A" status, I have them concentrate on other things instead of the homework grind unless it comes up as a whim. I'm always watching that progress bar though...
    I've been stressing about their homework all of this time and it turns out to be a joke???
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    If you have parenthood, doing homework also increases values.
    Happy simming!
    edited February 2022
    Don't forget that Sims learn from doing. Unless you play with autonomy off they will start to do their homework autonomously and are pretty insistent on doing it....by the time they are A students, at least in my game, the real difficulty is in getting them to NOT do it. Every time I turn around they are trying to go do their extra credit. Buncha nerds.
    Nushka wrote: »

Oh yeah, I also use it if their responsibility drops or I need it for the parenting aspirations. Once they reach "A", I only have them do homework if I need it for something else.
    Nushka wrote: »

I do have parenthood so I guess that's a plus.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Don't forget that Sims learn from doing. Unless you play with autonomy off they will start to do their homework autonomously and are pretty insistent on doing it....by the time they are A students, at least in my game, the real difficulty is in getting them to NOT do it. Every time I turn around they are trying to go do their extra credit. Buncha nerds.

It's almost the end of Harvestday so they all had the day off but only the two youngest have done their homework autonomously.

The two oldest haven't even touched theirs and I've had them do their homework ceremoniously.
  • RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    My teenage Sims often do extra credit autonomously when their needs are full. I make them do more important things instead when the performance bar is at maximum.
    I'll try that from now on and see how it goes.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Kids can get bonus vacation days just like adults if they top their performance meter out and they're already an A student. Which can be useful if you want to take a 5 day trip and don't want to include the weekend for some reason (or you want to take more than one.)

It's usually only noticeable on Long Life/aging off, because Normal (and especially short) don't usually have enough time to top the meter off more than once or twice after the kid hits A
    edited February 2022
    That's a good thing. We usually take mini-vacations on the weekends but I've been thinking about taking a week or two so the days are good to have.

Last weekend there was snow thunderstorm in the mountains so outdoors were off the list for all of Saturday. So that was half of the vacation ruined.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    My current Sim managed to get all A's without doing every things project that came his way, nor doing the Extra Credit. He didn't have time as he was busy working on his career. He became a Global Superstar in just ten sim-days while in high school. He still managed to keep that A.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member

I don't play families often, but when I do, I always make A students do extra credit. I consider it similar to a Type A personality trait. My storylines usually have them being driven to excel, or obsessed with being perfect, or just the kind of kid who loves doing school projects for fun.

I'm sure that you'll work out some great stories however you decide to approach it from now on. :)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    My sims always want to do homework on their own, so it’s not necessary to do extra work once you get to the A level, like other simmers said.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)