Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care for Paralives?

Comments

• AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes
    I'll certainly buy it whenever it is produced.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited December 2020
    Other...
    I'm not sure how I feel about it. The gradual aging feature sounds cool, but I only just heard about it. It brought me back to the forums, even though I uninstalled TS4, (Computer space issues) But I still play TS3. Paralives sounds cool, but I doubt it would take over the 20 year long franchise of The Sims.
    Edit: I just heard dogs will be in it. Sounds awesome!! Yet I try to remain loyal.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • plumbobsnpixelsplumbobsnpixels Posts: 68 Member
    Other...
    I fall in line with a lot of others that will reserve their opinions until they get a chance to play the game for themselves. Who knows, maybe it'll be the coolest thing since sliced bread but that's to be determined. 😮
    hi i'm plum, i'm currently [building an animal crossing town].🌈✨
    read lone wolff legacy here
    follow me on twitter | tumblr | twitch
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    No
    The Sims will always be the superior Life Simulation game. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • BlueSpaarkleBlueSpaarkle Posts: 92 Member
    Yes
    It seems very interesting so I'll definitelly check it out when it gets released. Not trying to get my hopes too high, but I've liked everything I've seen so far... As someone already said, I'm just keeping an open mind. Who knows what's going to come out of it
    My Sims 3 Page: BlueSpaarkle
    ✿ Owning TS3 Store since June 2018✿
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    Other...
    From what I've heard, they've tried to do everything right the franchise got wrong, especially during the run of TS4. But, I personally can't make any judgement until things begin to finalize, either in videos of gameplay, or early access. I'm hoping that it hits Steam with early access next year.
  • DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    Yes
    I think I'm more interested in how the Paralives team can compete with EA.
    It looks to be much more innovative by comparison.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • micchonmicchon Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    Have you seen their recent video updates on YouTube? It looks amazing, and I'm really looking forward to Paralives more than TS5.
    I feel like Paralives should have been TS4 if EA wasn't so greedy and really listened to its players.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Meh
    I used to be gungho but now with their cartoony aesthetic, I really don't like it. I'm not going to be first to buy unfortunately. It looks very amateurish now. Ugh. I hate saying that. I've been a proud supporter from early on. :'(
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    I do but not going to support it until it releases on Steam. I prefer its art style and the UI looks more user friendly for me. I love supporting indie developers too playing their games.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Other...
    I will care when they will release it.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Yes
    Oh yes I care. I shelved sims 4 and went back to sims 2 and 3 for now. But I'm itching for a new game and I'm pretty happy with the content that I have seen so far. I know I'll buy it just for the build mode alone. But I am looking forward to gameplay and I definitely am excited to see what can be done with procedural animation. The fact that the items can be resized and the para will animate accordingly is pretty impressive and something I've been suggesting for the sims since TS2. Also, height differences! The mods I have to use to get height variety in all of my sims games is a lot and I'm glad to have that functionality right out of the box. And stairs that can be placed diagonally.
  • micchonmicchon Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes
    > @pammiechick said:
    > I used to be gungho but now with their cartoony aesthetic, I really don't like it. I'm not going to be first to buy unfortunately. It looks very amateurish now. Ugh. I hate saying that. I've been a proud supporter from early on. :'(

TS4 is much more cartoony than their recent aesthetic. https://i.redd.it/zxputhgzbd481.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited December 2021
    Meh
    micchon wrote: »
    > @pammiechick said:
    > I used to be gungho but now with their cartoony aesthetic, I really don't like it. I'm not going to be first to buy unfortunately. It looks very amateurish now. Ugh. I hate saying that. I've been a proud supporter from early on. :'(

TS4 is much more cartoony than their recent aesthetic. https://i.redd.it/zxputhgzbd481.png

I think the added brushstrokes in the art makes it more unrefined to me. Maybe cartoony was a bad wordchoice.

The original had loads of shading: K8pL2kt.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    No
    I don't really care about it. And I already have the Sims games, they're enough for me. If Paralives will be released, I might try it when it's on sale. But I don't think I'll be interested.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2021
    No
    micchon wrote: »
    > @pammiechick said:

TS4 is much more cartoony than their recent aesthetic. zxputhgzbd481.png

The style in that picture is exactly what cartoon traditionally is though? It looks sketchy and drawn like a kids cartoon... 4 is cartoony too though, just a different type of cartoon
  • diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    No
    Not so much, no. There's been a lot of life simulations made after the first Sims game that isn't the Sims 2, 3 and 4, and they usually cater to a portion of the Sims' player base who are asking for features that are missing and still isn't implemented (yet). But it's good to see EA/Maxis suddenly moving now that there's a "potential" contender to the genre. Though I wouldn't see this as the biggest thing in simulation.
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Meh
    I don't really care much for it yet. So far "meh" fits the best. I have gotten my hopes up for various games in that stage before, and often it was just really disappointing.
    That being said it might change with its release.
    I don't think I would try Early Access though. But we'll see. ^^
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Other...
    Like others before me, I'm holding my opinions until I see what the game play is like. If it's well done I'll definitely check it out once it's released.
  • Meh
    I don't really care that much about It, but Let's see When It Releases, Let's hope that It turns out to be an amazing game!!!
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Yes
    Build mode is looking awesome so far and I'd like more variety in life sim games.
    Happy simming!
  • ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    Meh
    It would be great if the game turned out really awesome, but so far I am not that impressed.

As others have pointed out, we have no clue about game play. As for the paras, I want modern 3D models, drawings just doesn´t appeal to me. Maybe it will change, who knows.

When a game is announced as "coming soon" for years, it makes me wonder what the deal is. Combined with low-effort characters and no real game play as o yet I will not hold my breath while waiting.
    There is no shortage of scams around the internet. I hope this doesn´t turn out to be one.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm not averse to it, and when it actually exists I'll give it my attention. I don't actively care about it (and 'care for' suggests actively supporting it)
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yes
    I can't wait for ParaLives! I miss how the Sims used to be.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    No
    To be honest, I don't really know a lot of about it. I don't really care about it right now because it hasn't actually been released. It would be interesting though if it became a competitor for The Sims franchise because I'm disappointed in a lot of ways with The Sims 4.