We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your roomie come with...

...you if you move to a new lot? I've invested too much time forcing this teen to conform to my daughter's ideal mate to lose him before the shotgun wedding when they're old enough.

I've been manipulating them since they were children. I can't lose all that hard work now.

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    When you move a household it moves as a unit.

And if you want to split or merge households, that too can simply be done in the menus to edit households.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,580 Member
    So roomie comes with us? I don't want him to be a part of the household because it's more of a challenge while he still has full unknown autonomy. I just wanted to make sure that before we make the move he wouldn't be removed from the game or take up residency on the current lot and not want to leave.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,674 Member
    I have no idea, but you could always backup your save, try it out, and let us know o:)

gen3-banner.png
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited February 2022
    No the roommates dont come, its kinda similar to real life. There might be a mod that can help you but since you said they've pretty much been close since children why not move them in instead of having them as roommates?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Assuming you've socialized with the roommate (so that s/he is in your Sim's social panel) you could move, then invite your old roommate over to the new house, and then ask-to-be-roommate again. Chances are he will be considered homeless again after you move and will leap at the chance of moving in.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Yeah, I moved and Pierce didn't come. But we invited him and offered to let him sleep with our daughter for money (asked him to be our roommate and assigned him to our daughter's bed. They're already in serious like so it made sense) and he agreed so we got him back.

Now Marina had a whim to ask Pierce to be her boyfriend which surprised me since I thought we'd already established that. But it seems that all of my plotting, scheming, manipulating and outright forcing this relationship to happen and I forgot that little detail!

And now the problem: I can't get the option for Marina to ask him. They just went on a date. They've messed around in bed. They're both single. And they are both so hot for each other and flirty that they're making volcanos jealous. But the option won't show. Is this a glitch?
    So I figured out that it's a bug. The work around is to break off the romance and immediately begin it again. A couple of interactions should bring up the boyfriend/girlfriend option.
  • BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I'm glad to hear your daughter got her boyfriend/roomie back! And I wonder if Pierce happens to be Pierce Delgato? From what I've seen of him, he's a pretty decent choice as your future son in law!
    I'm glad to hear your daughter got her boyfriend/roomie back! And I wonder if Pierce happens to be Pierce Delgato? From what I've seen of him, he's a pretty decent choice as your future son in law!

Thanks and he is the one and only Pierce Delgato. I see he has a but of a reputation. 😆
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    So roomie comes with us? I don't want him to be a part of the household because it's more of a challenge while he still has full unknown autonomy. I just wanted to make sure that before we make the move he wouldn't be removed from the game or take up residency on the current lot and not want to leave.

Technically, a teen can not own a house. A adult must be present for a teen to be in the house. As in CAS the Y.Adult is the one we are initially able to create bc it has the ability to be a home owner. Moreover, if a elder dies, and a teen is the sole resident after that death, the game will after a few turns remove it from the home.
    edited February 2022

Technically, a teen can not own a house. A adult must be present for a teen to be in the house. As in CAS the Y.Adult is the one we are initially able to create bc it has the ability to be a home owner. Moreover, if a elder dies, and a teen is the sole resident after that death, the game will after a few turns remove it from the home.

That's actually not true in TS4 anymore. Teens can own houses on their own with no adult present in this version of the game. Children (or younger) cannot, but teens can.
    Interesting to know. Thanks for that.

On a related note; in Sims 3, I created a father and teen son. Then to just see what happened, I had the father go into a bedroom and then removed the door. Eventually the dad died and the teen was the only one left.

Since teens can't do full-time work, he tried to make money as a musician. That wasn't going to pay the bills though so he invited an adult over and tried to get him to move in. That was a fail too.

Out of frustration, I had him call the adult into the same bedroom that his father had died in. Once more, "he" removed the door. Morgan died in there the next day. This started a very disturbing storyline for this teen. After a sizeable cemetery was made, I quit the game.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

That's actually not true in TS4 anymore. Teens can own houses on their own with no adult present in this version of the game. Children (or younger) cannot, but teens can.

How does the teen pay the bills and go to school?
    edited February 2022

There are jobs for teens in the game which they work outside of school hours. They can also do all kinds of the other methods of earning money the game has available (gardening, music, etc.).

If the bills are high and there was no good trust fund left behind by the parents though, it can be a struggle. Makes it fun though.
    Stormkeep wrote: »

There are jobs for teens in the game which they work outside of school hours. They can also do all kinds of the other methods of earning money the game has available (gardening, music, etc.).

If the bills are high and there was no good trust fund left behind by the parents though, it can be a struggle. Makes it fun though.

Yeah, that last part is what concerns me. I guess like in real life it would probably force the teen to age up prematurely... (obviously under the influence of the player, not the sim.)
    edited February 2022
    Yeah, that last part is what concerns me. I guess like in real life it would probably force the teen to age up prematurely... (obviously under the influence of the player, not the sim.)

In the save I played before my current one, I started the game as a teen. He lived on an empty lot (no house), and had to do things like visit a gym or spa to take a shower, use food stands or kitchens on community lots to eat, nap on park benches, etc.

Eventually he earned enough to get a tent, then to start building a small house, etc. Bills are super, super low if you are on a small lot and don't own anything. :lol:
    That's an interesting challenge... Rags to Riches: Teen Tears to Triumph
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,674 Member
    I've played teens without adults before. On normal lifespan, the teens only have to pay bills twice before becoming young adults. They did it either by having part-time jobs, by using the savings left by their deceased parents, or by gardening. In all circumstances they made good use of the school vacation days.
    gen3-banner.png
    I've played teens without adults before. On normal lifespan, the teens only have to pay bills twice before becoming young adults. They did it either by having part-time jobs, by using the savings left by their deceased parents, or by gardening. In all circumstances they made good use of the school vacation days.

That's only twice if on regular lifespan, right? I only play on super-extra-extremely-unrealisticly-massivly long lifespan.
    edited February 2022
    That's only twice if on regular lifespan, right? I only play on super-extra-extremely-unrealisticly-massivly long lifespan.

Yah, on regular normal lifespan it would be twice. I use normal in my game, and the teen lifestage is 14 days on normal.