Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying My Wedding Stories?

Comments

• lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Undecided
    I love throwing wedding parties. It would have been a release date buy for me had this come out earlier. But I don't feel like spending money on this game anymore. If I changed my mind I'd wait for a sale.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    It is yet another thing not aimed at me, but I can understand the appeal. Yes, I'll get it, but I hope the next pack arrives soon.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Undecided
    I'm not sure at the current moment. It does sound cool, but at the same time, I don't know if it would be worth it to get right away or not. If I did buy it, I would probably wait for a sale. I am a bit worried that the slow dancing won't be base game. I wouldn't want to have to buy a pack just to get slow dancing in the game. At the same time, I do like a lot of the new wedding stuff, so maybe it would be worth it.
  • BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    This is a Yes for me. I'll try to be strong and wait till this pack comes out on Special Offer, but I'm pretty sure I'll weaken and purchase it ASAP. Too many good things in this pack, especially the new World of Tartosa. Plus I want my Sim dressed up in that new dishevelled shirt and tie combo, lots of good Roleplay scenarios I can visualise.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I will get it, probably not right away tho. Am excited for it to add more wedding related things! Hope slow dancing is on there!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, but for the world. I have no interest in game play on this one,and even the build/buy so far looks uninspiring, but the world looks nice, from what we've seen so far.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Undecided
    I really don't know. Maybe one day? I've kind of been losing interest in the game so I don't see a new world being enough to inspire me to play. Besides that, I'd only be interested in a few tiny things, maybe the new dancing, but only minimally. I really wanted more Sim attraction, drama and dating options; more longevity gameplay, and I just hardly ever use marriage in my game so the pack would just sit there.

Game Packs used to be my favorite because quite often they would have Occult, adventure or weird themes but that seems to have changed. The last oddity theme we got was reduced to a stuff pack, which came out a year ago. The last playable Occult was over two years. We don't even get Occult kits. It makes me kind of sad.
    #Team Occult
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Yes, it has a new world. I don't see how anyone couldn't be interested. New worlds are always a great thing.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Undecided
    Dunno yet, but I'm suffering from severe sims fatigue so I'm probably not the right target audience to ask. I've barely played with Cottage Living and I was actually pretty excited about it so yeah.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'm so getting it! just the slow dancing alone makes me want it...
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Not a pack I was particularly requesting myself, but throughout the years many players have mentioned wanting a wedding pack of sorts and I'm glad those wishes have been fulfilled. And even though I wasn't personally wanting such a pack, it's still a pack I know I will use and enjoy, I'm a sucker for added realism and depth in the lives of my sims.
  • chonkiechonkie Posts: 67 Member
    Undecided
    I'm not sure yet. I like family play, and while parents obviously don't have to get married, it's still a pretty big part of course. I think I'll simply wait for reviews and overall experiences people are going to post and decide based on that. I don't do weddings a lot, and if the known issues still persist, I probably won't get it - what's the point of celebrating if nobody cares to watch and instead makes 14 white cakes or does situps in the background? :D I'm curious about the world, but wouldn't buy the pack just for that. The overall pack has to do a real good job of convincing me. Either way, I'd only get it on sale.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'll get it for the world, CAS, and the new dances, but still on the fence whether I'll wait for a sale or not. I'll decide after I see the live stream.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Undecided
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Dunno yet, but I'm suffering from severe sims fatigue so I'm probably not the right target audience to ask. I've barely played with Cottage Living and I was actually pretty excited about it so yeah.

I also just remembered that HZD Forbidden West is releasing the day after so I won't have time to play this for a good while anyway 😅
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    The last two kits (Modern Menswear and Carnival Streetwear) did not appeal to me at all; so, I didn't buy them. I would not have bought the Moschino Stuff pack if it wasn't for the photography.

Every purchase I've made, I've been very pleased with. My gameplay is family play and all the quirkiness the Sims 4 has to offer. So, I've never been bored with the Sims because they have released a lot of things that fit nicely into my particular play style.

Totally buying this next week because I have so many plans for this new game pack.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I don’t spend a huge amount of time playing computer games nowadays - instead I’ve been answering the call of the wild by going on road trips and hiking adventures and…getting lost in the woods ‘n doing the stuff you’d do when you get lost in the woods. I’m an outdoorsy person man, but I’m not very clever.
    However.
    I will buy this pack and I’m going to build the Tartosa Chapel of Doom very soon and it’s going to be epic! 😇😈
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Undecided
    I voted "Undecided" because I might buy it someday, maybe. It depends on what comes with it. Hurray for a new world but what does it have to offer besides even more awful premade Sims living in homes they can't afford with cheated skills and/or careers? What can my Sims do there that they can't do in other worlds? It looks like it has some nice build and buy stuff but do I need it? Sims will finally be able to slow dance. Better late than never, I guess. Will I buy this pack? Maybe, maybe not. And never at full price.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Undecided
    The theme itself, as presented in the trailer, seemed to be all about the 'big day' and that doesn't interest me at all. Build items, which I always look forward to, will probably not interest me either as they will likely be limited to the wedding theme as well.
    I'm just waiting now to see more of the world and to find out if there might be more meaningful gameplay or interactions added.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    No
    Apparently it won't be released in my country. So now I know for sure it's a "no".
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    Apparently it won't be released in my country. So now I know for sure it's a "no".

Interesting. What’s the reason for this? I take it that some of its content is regarded as inappropriate? 🤔
    Were you able to see the trailer? If so, would you have considered buying if this pack was made available to you?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Yup same. I voted “yes” some time ago but now it's irrelevant.

Interesting. What’s the reason for this? I take it that some of its content is regarded as inappropriate? 🤔
    Were you able to see the trailer? If so, would you have considered buying if this pack was made available to you?
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/our-commitment-to-you?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-0209-statement-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=73040&ts=1644475097130

Trailer is fine, it's not blocked.
  • sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    yes. i do. (got it ? because it’s a wedding pack).

I do for what people listed previously ; whenever i see replay value and something that expands on family gameplay it’s a no brainer for me. Insta-buy.

On top of the upgraded wedding, CAS, new animations i love the new world itself.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    Undecided
    I’m waiting for more details.

I really like some of the objects I’ve seen and the world 🌎 looks good. If I do get it I’ll wait for a sale.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    somewhsome wrote: »

Yup same. I voted “yes” some time ago but now it's irrelevant.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/our-commitment-to-you?utm_campaign=sims4_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_ts4-0209-statement-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=73040&ts=1644475097130

Trailer is fine, it's not blocked.

Thank you for the info @somewhsome
    That’s very sad. I’m surprised that the trailer made it that far since this is the very story they have trouble with.
    Hopefully times will change for you soon.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Thank you @CAPTAIN_NXR7!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top