Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    So..... the most popular destination to elope is not yet known..... what if this alleged new world comes with a new venue type, that works similar to hotels except its unownable, and is similar to apartments/bars but has a check-in point and room service, and a wedding chapel?

**puts away speculation spectacles**

For real, though, I see a lot of positivity surrounding the pack, which is a good thing. My only concern is that what happens after the wedding? In game, currently, besides purposely flirting and whoo-hooing, the romance is dead and the marriages are loveless apart from the occasional peck on the cheek. There's no reminiscing, no cuddling in bed while sleeping, no hand holding, couples dancing or things you'd expect from a married couple.

So my only hope is that romance gets a free update for this pack's release...
  • sireneilessireneiles Posts: 67 Member
    > @Jordan061102 said:
    > Why is it funnier than it should be? :joy: And thats the reason why this game is still selling and never seems to significiantly improve...

what you said, it is funny because we’re all on the same boat. We’re all desperate for more content and they know it and they also know they’re the only one in the market that can provide us a virtual life experience right now. So they don’t care to truly make it memorable because there’s no competition thus far. It’s very sad because for tons of people it’s not just a game, it’s a way to recreate what we’re lacking in real life (a happy and loving family, per exemple)

Let’s be honest, we’re already all slightly scared and disappointed by the gameplay features and we know that EA’s « and so much more !» isn’t so much more. What you see in the trailer, with the sims 4, is « not representative of the gameplay » that you actually get in game. Because you get less in game, we all know that by now.

Right now i sincerely hope it’s not a home decorator experience where you basically pay 20 dollars to get a build and buy experience that trick you into thinking you got more gameplay (you didn’t, and there’s barely new animations, it’s just a clever way to get money). So when i read that it was mostly planning my hopes lowered drastically and i’m sad because at one point i thought game packs would provide actual gameplay.

In a perfect logic we would vote with our wallets right, but the reality of it is that most people have difficult lives, with a difficult job, and just need to be entertained with this game. So far it’s barely providing that and we’re all feeling disappointed. Do we have options right now ? No. But in the future maybe. Yes they’re making tons of money and they’re winning battles that surely add up. But not sure they’ll win the war though. (yes i wanted to put that quote).

I don’t believe we should blame the consumers, but i strongly believe we should never shut up about how buggy/glitchy the game is, how features are missing and how terrible the lack of crossover between pack is. That’s how we got toddlers, more skin tones etc. It’s okay to buy everything they put out if you want to because you don’t have other options. but please if you feel like me and millions of others simmers, be vocal about your disappointment and never let it slide ! we saw that it worked and it will continue to work in the future.

I’ll be happy to report my experience with this pack when it comes out for those of you who wait others reviews before you purchase. And if this pack is objectively bad, i’ll be vocal about it.
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    Can't wait!!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited February 2022
    So..... the most popular destination to elope is not yet known..... what if this alleged new world comes with a new venue type, that works similar to hotels except its unownable, and is similar to apartments/bars but has a check-in point and room service, and a wedding chapel?

**puts away speculation spectacles**

For real, though, I see a lot of positivity surrounding the pack, which is a good thing. My only concern is that what happens after the wedding? In game, currently, besides purposely flirting and whoo-hooing, the romance is dead and the marriages are loveless apart from the occasional peck on the cheek. There's no reminiscing, no cuddling in bed while sleeping, no hand holding, couples dancing or things you'd expect from a married couple.

So my only hope is that romance gets a free update for this pack's release...

The sort of things I'd like to see are more or less romantic variations for most normal activities. Watching TV together autonomously including cuddling, a romantic "cook for two" option, going on a stroll through a park or on a beach together (not a hike, though that can be romantic too if you're both into it) and stuff like that. I don't need the couple dance as much as some others seem to, (my husband and I don't dance together except at weddings) but I won't say no to it either.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    I think everyone here is overlooking that this clearly an elaborate calligraphy career focused pack.

Just look at that typeface on the invitation!

That would actually be great! A crafting hobby, somewhere between painting and cross-stitching, with western and eastern styles.
  • Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    The option to elope was the best thing that ever happened to the game. I got so sick of having to buy a wedding arch and stick it in the yard. When you play with aging on there really isn't time to waste on a big wedding, unless you want your kids to be teenagers when you die.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    The option to elope was the best thing that ever happened to the game. I got so sick of having to buy a wedding arch and stick it in the yard. When you play with aging on there really isn't time to waste on a big wedding, unless you want your kids to be teenagers when you die.

You do know there's options for long life span right?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Obviously we still know very little about the pack and weddings don’t really tickle me fancy - hey, I do hope there’s a possibility to make a fortune from stealing wedding rings and selling them on Plopsy - but I’m pretty sure I’d be able to work with a bunch of assets included in this GP.

Depending on the variety of swatches, the church windows and rugs could work well in my historical / magical - builds, although I’m mostly interested in the (swimmable?) beach world of Tartosa.
    Tartosa sounds like an island you may find in the Caribbean Sea, e.g. inspired by Haiti, but in the shape of a tiered tart (aka wedding cake) and I hope it comes without modern set decor and only historical monuments, including ruins from a bygone era. If this is the case I already look forward to deleting all the pre-builds so that I can create an extension to the worlds of Sulani and Selvadorada. It’ll be my “Divil’s Triangle” where many of my sims will go “missing”. If we’re not getting Werebeasts anytime soon, I need more crash landing sites. 😈

I’m also fascinated by this detail:

59813-B0-D-BBED-4-C45-8-A7-E-6-D42-F1-BA2218.jpg

I doubt it, but I truly hope sims will be able to walk like this “off aisle”.
    Can you imagine mothers and fathers chaperoning their daughters just like this, or two sims taking a romantic stroll together on the beach? To me that alone would be more valuable than the entire wedding planner party thingie. Beautiful.

I have a feeling the wedding sims are interacting with a rug, because in each case it shows them walking down the isle there is a long rug underneath them.

Well, they showcased weddings, and there was no reason to picture them holding hands on the street, but it would be lovely if they could go for a walk, holding hands lie this.

Yes, if you can take dogs out on a leash and take them where you want. It seems like thay could have some kind of go here, walking holding hands.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I think everyone here is overlooking that this clearly an elaborate calligraphy career focused pack.

I mean, I actually don't hate the idea of calligraphy being included if we ever get a pack devoted to new hobbies and activities.

Just as long as it doesn't come at the expense of nectar making, sculpting, glass blowing, toy making, ballet, martial arts, and other sports/activities that can be done as a group. >:)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    you can also turn aging fully off in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I mean, I actually don't hate the idea of calligraphy being included if we ever get a pack devoted to new hobbies and activities.

Just as long as it doesn't come at the expense of nectar making, sculpting, glass blowing, toy making, ballet, martial arts, and other sports/activities that can be done as a group. >:)

Would be nice if writer sims could use pen and paper to write. Doesn't have to be too neat tough. :smiley:
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I hope that it will take a little more than 4 bites to eat the wedding feast!
    I think increasing the speed of eating was one of the worst things that the sims team did, By the time 4 or 5 family members are sitting down with their plates, the first 1 or 2 are getting up and leaving the table. I wish they would change it back. I think what most people were complaining about was Dine Out and how long it takes to actually order and have the order show up at the table. They should make it in Dine Out that when your sim(s) show up at the Restaurant that they are prioritized to have their order taken, and be served.first.
    edited February 2022
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    @LatinaBunny is correct. There are four lots created by members of the Sims community.

Well here's hoping they aren't ruined by MOO like most of the other builds GCs have done for packs. 🙄😬

To be fair, when Game Changers are requested to build lots for packs, there is a criteria they have to stick to, one of which is the move objects cheat is not allowed to be used.

Then a lot of them seriously messed up their builds, because I find MOO placed objects all over them, especially the ones in Henford-on-Bagley.
    @LatinaBunny is correct. There are four lots created by members of the Sims community.

Well here's hoping they aren't ruined by MOO like most of the other builds GCs have done for packs. 🙄😬

To be fair, when Game Changers are requested to build lots for packs, there is a criteria they have to stick to, one of which is the move objects cheat is not allowed to be used.

Then a lot of them seriously messed up their builds, because I find MOO placed objects all over them, especially the ones in Henford-on-Bagley.

I agree, I tried to change a few things in the prebuilt houses ( and community lots ) in Mt Komrebi and I had to just delete some of them. They used MOO on Windows, MOO to put things closer together etc, they didn’t just use MOO to put a few clutter items that could be easily deleted. When I tried to add things from other packs it was impossible without using cheats, so many of the lots I just had to delete. I haven’t tried to change many of the premade lots in Cottage living yet.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    I hope that it will take a little more than 4 bites to eat the wedding feast!
    I think increasing the speed of eating was one of the worst things that the sims team did, By the time 4 or 5 family members are sitting down with their plates, the first 1 or 2 are getting up and leaving the table. I wish they would change it back. I think what most people were complaining about was Dine Out and how long it takes to actually order and have the order show up at the table. They should make it in Dine Out that when your sim(s) show up at the Restaurant that they are prioritized to have their order taken, and be served.first.

Place the meal on the table, get everyone into a group to "Sit and chat here", once everyone is seated have them "Grab food together" - It's more steps, but having them chat before they start eating slows the process down too.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    favriel wrote: »
    Eteyra wrote: »
    In the promo pictures, there is no slow dancing and I feel they would definitely have put it there if it was in the pack.
    To be fair the trailer is where you showcase the most exciting features, promos can show some of that but can't give everything away. You don't want people to watch the trailer and go "oh so just the stuff I saw in the pictures, I was hoping for more". That's why e.g. Snowy Escape promo pictures didn't show rock climbing, sledding and mountain excursions.

And Livestreams show even more.

Did they announce a Livestream?

Remember the Henford on Badgley postcard that didn't say anything about animals and hardly anything about farming? Let's stay positive for now that this will be a proper Gameplay Pack and not DHD II.
    We have more than a post card though we also have the confirmed feature list one of the major features was Sims drinking tea this pack is jam packed with nothing.

Hi @ChadSims2 it's a tea CEREMONY ok, it's not just Sims drinking tea lol. Stop trying to pour cold tea all over my excitement. You make it sound like it's gonna be takeout tea from a vendor stall :joy: It's gonna a beautiful ceremony I'm looking forward to it. I will cry if they have to order tea from a vendor stall or just fill a pot and call the Sims to it. We haven't even seen the ceremony yet why are you so hostile to serving wedding guests some tea ... I am picturing a well dressed caterer arriving with a beautiful tea tray in silver and gold and walking around serving all the family at the head table.

Personally, one of my first thoughts was hen parties :smiley: Bachelorette parties for the less wild-inclined sims could include drinking tea with cakes, giggling while opening "tasteful" gifts for the soon-to-be-weds' home etc.

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    My concern is that the pack is just a way to throw new types of parties and doesn't expand much on the actual romance your sims experience pre-wedding, such as an attraction system and expanded romantic interactions.

If you're going to create a new pack all about hosting parties, I guess weddings are a good type of event to focus on, at least.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I agree, I tried to change a few things in the prebuilt houses ( and community lots ) in Mt Komrebi and I had to just delete some of them. They used MOO on Windows, MOO to put things closer together etc, they didn’t just use MOO to put a few clutter items that could be easily deleted. When I tried to add things from other packs it was impossible without using cheats, so many of the lots I just had to delete. I haven’t tried to change many of the premade lots in Cottage living yet.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that had issues!!

For me, the house that kept throwing errors in Henford was the large farm outside of town.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited February 2022
    The sun is missing at Tartosa, it doesn't look Mediterranean as if it was near Windenburg and UK.

TS3 Store team was good at setting an unique lighting for each worlds.

cp4arnemdrvv.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wonder if that's the entire world it looks like it has 3 lots and then explorable area.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I really hope Tartosa has about 6 to 8 lots or more.
  • DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    The blog post talks about a town and a forest so it may have 2 districts
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I really hope Tartosa has about 6 to 8 lots or more.
    I am hoping for this as well.

I do worry if the pre-made wedding ceremony spots are going to take up of half of those slots, though.... Might be at least 3 ceremony areas mentioned, if I'm remembering correctly? I hope we still have enough for residential lots, since this was a residential world. (Please don't be tiny as the neighborhoods in Get to Work and Vampires.)

Maybe it would be like Get Famous's Del Sol world with about 6 residential lots and 5 community lots.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    The post also mentioned 4 venues (beach, estate, forest, church) as well as reverent residents and local lore so I’m assuming we are getting something around the size of strangerville
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    DJAX wrote: »
    The post also mentioned 4 venues (beach, estate, forest, church) as well as reverent residents and local lore so I’m assuming we are getting something around the size of strangerville

According to the wiki, Strangerville has There are a total of 9 residential lots, 2 community lots and 1 special lot. So, maybe.. *thinks* 1 of each venue (beach, estate, forest, church) and then the food/flower stalls and dress shop (all shells, I would assume), and the rest is residential?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)