Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea ceremony coming soon?

FKw-DAwWYAUKUNX.jpeg

So I was reading the leaked description for the upcoming gamepack looking for new gameplay features hints and there says "Start the ceremony serving tea to the family or go straight to the reception." Do you think we finally will get a functional tea set? (we got one with snowy scape, one with Courtyard Oasis and one with Cottage Living, but they're decorative).

This also made me think of the "Old Miller Tea Time Set" that was a store set back in sims 3.

What do you think?

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I hope so.

If we do get a tea set I'd like for it to work on regular dining tables, kotatsu tables (low Japanese dining table) and possibly coffee tables too for a more casual setting.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Same. I hope so, but not holding my breath either.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I hope it’s a tea set, too!
    I’m trying not to get my hopes up. It may just end up being glass/regular cups…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm afraid it will just be those boring tea dispensers from City Living that they use at the Romance Festival. :/
    I hope they will make a functional tea set with unique animations. It would have been great in Cottage Living for a proper English Tea.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would love to have a tea ceremony in the game!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    masatsim wrote: »
    FKw-DAwWYAUKUNX.jpeg

So I was reading the leaked description for the upcoming gamepack looking for new gameplay features hints and there says "Start the ceremony serving tea to the family or go straight to the reception." Do you think we finally will get a functional tea set? (we got one with snowy scape, one with Courtyard Oasis and one with Cottage Living, but they're decorative).

This also made me think of the "Old Miller Tea Time Set" that was a store set back in sims 3.

What do you think?

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg

I hope so but I didn't see any in the pictures. Keep in mind we have sekura tea at the romance festival and it doest use a tea set.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm afraid it will just be those boring tea dispensers from City Living that they use at the Romance Festival. :/
    I hope they will make a functional tea set with unique animations. It would have been great in Cottage Living for a proper English Tea.

This is my fear as well.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for some of these internal meetings. After decades of office work/team projects, I fully believe that the conversations go something like this:

Project lead: "okay, so we've decided that the tea ceremony is going to be one of the objects we add to the new wedding GP..."

Enthusiastic SimGuru1: "Great!! Guys, I've been thinking about this for months, and I've come up with a tea set that I think the community will love! It looks similar to the TS3 tea set that community members loved, but with our own little unique spin. I'll need another week or so to nail down the coding, but I'm really happy with the look that our art team came up with. We've been hearing about this request for years on the forum and social media, and I think people will be really happy with this."

Cynical SimGuru2: "Or, hear me out... while you were talking, I just recolored the tea table from City Living. Works exactly the same, will take us half a day to tweak and add to the pack."

Project lead: "I like your initiative! Let's go with the one that's almost done."

The following week...

Cynical SimGuru2 completes the minor changes to the City Living asset in about 20 minutes, spends the rest of the day playing a non-EA game, eating takeout, watching TikTok, and videochatting with attractive GameChangers. Emails the recycled asset to project lead at 4:00 p.m., with a note, "This went even faster than I thought!" and receives a text praising their efficiency from the project lead.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so I been wanting a tea set for so long.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am preparing myself for disappointment for with this one. As much as I’d like an actual tea set. It just feels too good to be true.

Like picnics in cottage living.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2022
    I wish
    the machine and coffee mugs is just not a vibe
    i need something like drink tray that you can place on any table of choice that looks like cute tea set

they could even update existing tea sets in game so you can get tea from them somehow

and I also wish if so they update get together so drinking tea is club activity cause at the moment drinking coffee is but not tea and thats very frustrating cause i wanted to make club that has tea parties in my tea house venue

another thought is that isn't there wedding traditions with drinking tea in some countries? like china for example so maybe they could be thinking of that? but then its probably more of wedding related interaction thingy

similar to how you have new years toast in game that just spawns sim a drink they could probably hand another sim a cup of tea as interaction during wedding and such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Well, Ninja said the tea set was a functional object. Looks like it works like the drink trays from Backyard Stuff and Spa Day.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    And you will be able to have a tea ceremony like mentioned in the blog
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Finally after over 7 years. :)