Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you add popular characters to The Sims ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
Hi,

Do you add popular characters to The Sims ?

For example in The Sims 2 my first sims were Fox Mulder and Dana Scully from The X-files, Aerith and Tifa (Final Fantasy VII) and Lara Croft (Tomb Raider).

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    All the time. I'd say at least 25-30% of my played sims are characters from video games, books, movies and TV shows, such as Lara Croft (Tomb Raider), the Bennets (Pride & Prejudice), the royal family of Arendelle (Frozen), the Winchester brothers (Supernatural), the main androids from Detroit: Become Human, and many Resident Evil and Mass Effect characters.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    All the time. I have the girls from Sex and the City, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter characters, Frasier, Charmed, and a few more.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    No. Well, really rarely. But I'm content making the world my own.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited February 2022
    the main androids from Detroit: Become Human
    See, this is how the whole mess started for me. "Just Daniel, he deserves a better ending, and after that only OCs. Oh, and it would be cool to have the cops run around, to harass my android OCs!" Long story short, with the help of the Wiki I now have characters as sims that I wasn't aware had names in DBH. I must have around fifty of the buggers (androids and humans both, and some are ghosts) and they keep multiplying.
    I got curious and counted them: 64 sims, not including headcanon additions :s

In the same save live a dozen characters from the Harry Potter franchise, but not from the main story, rather from the phone game, Hogwarts Mystery. Ironically none of them are spellcasters.

Other than these two occasions, no, I only ever play premades/OCs. Looking at the Detroit situation, this is probably a good decision.
    Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    yes but I change their last names. The winner of my first "Big Brother Celebrity Edition" challenge is named Michaela Prescott, who is Michaela Pratt from How to Get Away With Murder. The other contestants of that challenge were also popular characters or celebrities from shows I've seen, like Hanna Marlin (who is Hanna Marin in Pretty Little Liars lol).

@jpsulsuldagdag May I ask why you are changing the last names? Is it because they are real people? (Myself I'd be very uncomfortable to play with real people, I once planned to create Calico Jack, Mary Read and Ann Bonny, but then just couldn't, despite them being long dead).
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2022
    I don't, mainly cos it's annoy me to see them acting out of character. I'd also feel a bit weird seducing celebrities in-game.

I might add some as NPCs
    Post edited by Benjamilian on
    the main androids from Detroit: Become Human
    See, this is how the whole mess started for me. "Just Daniel, he deserves a better ending, and after that only OCs. Oh, and it would be cool to have the cops run around, to harass my android OCs!" Long story short, with the help of the Wiki I now have characters as sims that I wasn't aware had names in DBH. I must have around fifty of the buggers (androids and humans both, and some are ghosts) and they keep multiplying.
    I got curious and counted them: 64 sims, not including headcanon additions :s

Well, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Keep it up! ;) By the way, I'm only noticing now, even though I've seen your profile picture many times before, that one of the sims has the android LED on his temple!

And I'm actually surprised you found that many characters in the game worthy of simifying. I only have Connor, RK900, the leaders of Jericho and Kara's little family, but an entire neighbourhood of Mt. Komorebi belongs to them alone and their own little CyberLife store, so I thought I was going overboard, but you're topping it off and I like it! :D
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited February 2022
    All the time, but mostly as townies. I added The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett and the gang from Gilligans Island when I was playing characters in a tropical save. I added a bunch of 1960s pop culture icons in a save that was set in that era, including The Beatles, The Addams Family, Twiggy, and others. In my current save I have The 10th Doctor, The Addams Family, and I recently added Samantha Stevens to my gallery. Not sure yet where she’ll be placed. I might add at least some of the Encanto cast, if I can mod Selvadorada for residential. I’m having problems getting the residential mod downloaded. I might go ahead and send The One That Must Not Be Talked About there on vacay, though. 😀
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited March 2022
    I had an entire Sims 2 University town (Sim State University in Four Corners, which I downloaded from another site) full of Harry Potter characters once. I lost the save when one of my previous laptops crashed.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
    edited February 2022
    Everyone who uses rl or fandom characters, do you play generationally or frozen in time? My little Detroit progressed by ten years since 2018, the world and sims feel different from their originals and I'm not sure if I like that.

@cynie
    It must be amazing watching these sims all interact and form attachements! (You also made me want to dig out Castaway and start a Gilligan playthrough.)

@GrumpyGlowfish
    In part the sims explosion is the fault of the police career that requires so many officers, although only seven or so can be at the police station at a time. For a time it was really immersive with everyone on site, almost like a sequel. But now many of the originals have quit/retired, so it's not the same anymore.
    My profile sims are
    Daniel and an older version of Gavin (I replaced him with a better sim recently). I found them one day sharing hamburgers downtown, laughing about something, decided they were trashtalking Connor and from there it just happened. Never intended to ship these two, but now they're my OTP.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    @jpsulsuldagdag May I ask why you are changing the last names? Is it because they are real people? (Myself I'd be very uncomfortable to play with real people, I once planned to create Calico Jack, Mary Read and Ann Bonny, but then just couldn't, despite them being long dead).

I don't really even know why I change their last names, maybe it's just my thing I dunno lol
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2022
    Not really I prefer to play with sims characters or my own random sims

I do take inspiration from some though

and mulder and scully in sims2 sounds epic

I used to have sim made after cute actor dude as character in one show but i just felt creepy playing with sim that looks like existing human thats not me :lol:

well maybe also cause i don't exactly play nice :lol:

maybe like book characters would work cause they don't really have face or exist hmmn or perhaps like animated characters
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well, I have made:

Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
    Aladdin & Jasmine
    Belle & Adam (Beauty & The Beast)
    Bruce & Barbara Darknights (Batman & Batgirl)
    Cinderella
    David & Donnarose Tardis (Doctor Who)
    Elsa (Frozen)
    Kara Supergirl (DC Supergirl)
    Kathryn & Chakotay Voyager (Star Trek Voyager)
    Orora Storm (X-Men)
    Rapunzel
    Snow White

Just to name a few. ;)

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    No because to me the characters will always belong to the show/franchise they came from making them feel out of place in my games.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited February 2022
    @EnkiSchmidt
    Well, I’m trying to play generationally, but I have the seasons set to the maximum length to fit everyone into my rotation schedule (and I’m still adding more characters because I have a problem, XD), so it’ll be a while before I reach generation two in this save, let alone where I was in my old one.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Sometimes. I have Leslie & Ben and April & Andy from Parks and Rec in some of my saves. But they are mostly background characters.
    I also add real celebrities as celebrities. Because it annoys me when my sims fangirl over randomly generated elders, and if you add enough famous sims, game don't generate many celebrities anymore.
    @SERVERFRA
    Out of curiosity, what does the Beast from Beauty & The Beast look like in your game, and is he an occult? If he was one of my sims, I would probably make him a vampire so he can have a human and a beast form, or a werewolf, if we ever get them.

Speaking of which, another movie character that lives in my sim world is the werewolf Jacob Black from Twilight, but currently unplayed because, well, we don't have that type of occult yet. I've altered the Twilight canon to make Jacob and the vampire Edward Cullen juvenile delinquents that Officer Charlie Swan has "adopted" to help them get their lives back on track, unaware of the fact that both of them have the hots for his daughter, and I can't wait to actually play that story.

Everyone who uses rl or fandom characters, do you play generationally or frozen in time? My little Detroit progressed by ten years since 2018, the world and sims feel different from their originals and I'm not sure if I like that.
    With the exception of Sheldon Cooper, who started out as a teenager and is now a young adult, and Lara Croft, who has aged to adult in the meantime, most of my sims based on popular characters are frozen in time. That doesn't stop me from giving them occasional makeovers, though, and I do have ageing on, but use the potion of youth or magic to keep my normal sims at the life stage I want them to be. For less normal beings like androids and angels that aren't supposed to age at all, I resort to cheats.

@GrumpyGlowfish
    In part the sims explosion is the fault of the police career that requires so many officers, although only seven or so can be at the police station at a time. For a time it was really immersive with everyone on site, almost like a sequel. But now many of the originals have quit/retired, so it's not the same anymore.
    My profile sims are
    Daniel and an older version of Gavin (I replaced him with a better sim recently). I found them one day sharing hamburgers downtown, laughing about something, decided they were trashtalking Connor and from there it just happened. Never intended to ship these two, but now they're my OTP.
    Well, thank the android deity it's not Connor and Gavin, because everybody else seems to ship either that or Connor/Hank, and although I'm no stranger to shipping myself, those particular pairings upset my stomach. :s I can totally see Gavin and Daniel bonding over their shared hatred for Connor, though, and that Gavin's hatred stems from fear of detectives like him being replaced by androids or something like that, but he wouldn't necessarily hate all androids. So yeah, even though you didn't ask my opinion and certainly don't need it, I approve of Gavin/Daniel. :D
    Well, thank the android deity it's not Connor and Gavin, because everybody else seems to ship either that or Connor/Hank, and although I'm no stranger to shipping myself, those particular pairings upset my stomach. :s I can totally see Gavin and Daniel bonding over their shared hatred for Connor, though, and that Gavin's hatred stems from fear of detectives like him being replaced by androids or something like that, but he wouldn't necessarily hate all androids. So yeah, even though you didn't ask my opinion and certainly don't need it, I approve of Gavin/Daniel. :D
    Your opinion is apprecciated, especially since it's in my OPT's favour ;) That's how I see it, too, especially with Daniel already being through the getting replaced for no longer being good enough trauma.

Not a fan of Connor/Gavin or RK900/Gavin either, but I like how the overlap of simmers and any fandom appears to be less involved in shipping arguments and more open to any pairing. Even though there are definite fan favorites like Pascal x Nervous, I've never seen an occasion of simmers getting harassed for taking different routes with them. Compared to Fire Emblem's "I can prove that [enter name] is Chrom's canon wife!" wars, the average simmer would probably just give him all five possible wives and throw in Cordelia and male Robin to make the household full.

Thank you everyone who chimed in on my aging question! I think I'll reset my save soon to an earlier era.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes. Myself.

What a disgusting joke.

I created Hunter S. Thompson once and let him loose in Strangerville. I was unable to tame that sim. Not sure where he ended up, but he’s still alive in my game.

Other than that, NO. Never.
    I prefer building my own worlds and characters. Their stories are theirs alone.
    Even my Star Wars: Journey to Batuu characters are entirely unknown to the public.
    But…who knows, perhaps one day they will end up in a Star Wars spin off series on Disney+. Because they’re flippin’ bad butt. 😝
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Sometimes depending on how I'm feeling I'll add a popular character just for poops and giggles. I've put George Tsoukalas in my Strangerville town and get a kick when I see him running around. Certain religious figures go in there purely because I laugh everytime I see that XXXXX is calling. I put the Beatles into one save just so I could kill them one by one (That'll teach you to sing all you need is love!) It kind of depends. Buffy, well obviously she went into Forgotten Hollow and the Wicked Witch of the West in Glimmerbrook mainly because she's iconic and needed to the mage instead of L Phaba and I may, or may not have put several of the worst men in history in there and assigned them jobs as maids. Most of the time I will create my own sims, make over townies, it depends. Strange things happen to sims in my game so the less realistic usually the better....That said if people get on my nerves in real life, they get to go into the game as well and it normally doesn't end fantastically for them. (I am trying to be a better person but y'know...eh)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    Yes, often. Been playing that way for twenty years. But never a real person as a Sim but only the character they may play in movies or TV and or in other pc games. I have never been interested in playing a real person, only the character they play. Sometimes they are extras in the story in my neighborhoods, and or they are the main focus of the whole story of the neighborhood and or many on rotation.

The characters of an actor or other person are a lot more interesting to me than the actual person. :D

Since you shared who you add to some of your games, OP, here are just a few of the types of Sims I added to my games over the years.

It started back in TS1. I added all the characters of Sherlock Holmes stories. I also added many other type characters from comic books. But the main one I played often has actually slipped my memory.

In TS2 I played several (inside regular hoods and or even themed hoods). All the characters (a lot of work) of LOTRs.
    All the characters of Dark Shadows, all the characters of Sherlock Holmes stories, all the characters of Dracula story, all the characters of the original Star Wars, all the characters of Nancy Drew stories, all the characters of Dr. Who (many different ones from decade to decade over time) way back to even Dr. Who Number 1...I'm crazy that way. And many, many more too many to list actually. Oh, and yes, Harry Potter characters...

I did not play all these at once, many were themed worlds and hoods etc. across all four games. And not the only way I played Sims. Wait, I remember the one I forgot I played often..an inspiration from Dr. No and Dr. Strange...I called him Dr. Know, lol, he wore the Noodle Soother on his head in TS2..I can't remember what I made him wear in TS1. :D
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited February 2022

@cynie
    It must be amazing watching these sims all interact and form attachements! (You also made me want to dig out Castaway and start a Gilligan

@EnkiSchmidt. It is! I usually only place them if they fit the theme of my game, so having them there doesn’t clash with my own Sim story. I make sure they’re set up well, with correct outfits, aspirations, jobs, etc. then turn them loose. In a TS3 save, my lifeguard Sim had to rescue one of The Beach Boys. One of my musical Sims made friends with Paul McCartney when I wasn’t looking. I did have a bit of a shock when the game used Morticia Addams to man a food stall, though. I had a TS3 save set up that included Captain Jack Sparrow in Barnacle Bay, but my computer gave up the ghost before I could play that one out. I might have to revisit that.

Oh, and to answer your other question, I always play with aging off and age up only when it fits the story.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited February 2022
    No, I'm pretty bad when it comes to trying to recreate a character from another media.

When I'm making sims in CAS I try to make use of the tools I got and make sims that I think look good. Forcing myself to try and get my sim to look like someone else, like a real person or someone who is often made in a completely different art style, doesn't work for me.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    i've made myself in the sims countless times. in both sims 2, and sims 4. Sims 4 i actually had 3 daughters that never married, because of the auto aging in the neighborhood. i think i have made Nick Jonas in the sims 2. no photos tho, lost that save a long time ago!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227