Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Romance Pack Hints

14567810...Next

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    While I'm glad they're improving weddings, I'm disappointed that this is the sole feature of the pack.
    From the screenshots and description, it doesn't sound like we'll get an attraction system, chemistry, zodiac signs, or many new romantic interactions. I'm skeptical that we'll get slow dancing either.
    If they were releasing these romance features, there would at least be a hint of them in the 4 promo pictures they released.
    They don't release that many promo pictures for packs, and with the Sims 4, what you see is what you get, nothing is hidden or a surprise.

Again, I'm happy they're improving weddings, but I'm disappointed that they're not doing more to make romance better in general.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited February 2022
    Ziafar wrote: »
    The world, the little we can see of it, gives too much a vibe of Sulani. And the name Tortosa sounds Caribbean. Not a type of world I am interested in. I would like a world to honeymoon in like Greece or Italy, or the French Riviera

From what I saw there are bigger waves. Sulani doesn't hardly have any waves.

I hope sims can swim in the ocean, and if would be nice if they have boogie boards and surfing.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    The world, the little we can see of it, gives too much a vibe of Sulani. And the name Tortosa sounds Caribbean. Not a type of world I am interested in. I would like a world to honeymoon in like Greece or Italy, or the French Riviera

I hope sims can swim in the ocean, and if would be nice if they have boogie boards and surfing.

And maybe boats couples can share.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    While I'm glad they're improving weddings, I'm disappointed that this is the sole feature of the pack.
    From the screenshots and description, it doesn't sound like we'll get an attraction system, chemistry, zodiac signs, or many new romantic interactions. I'm skeptical that we'll get slow dancing either.
    If they were releasing these romance features, there would at least be a hint of them in the 4 promo pictures they released.
    They don't release that many promo pictures for packs, and with the Sims 4, what you see is what you get, nothing is hidden or a surprise.

Again, I'm happy they're improving weddings, but I'm disappointed that they're not doing more to make romance better in general.

Yeah, it’s too bad that it’s more narrow in focus than a more general romance, which would have been more expansive and more folks would be interested (because not everyone who likes romance likes weddings, etc). Still, I’m pretty excited about it.

I would love for an attraction system and more romantic gameplay, too, but I think if an attraction system is going to be added, it should be via base game patch so everyone can enjoy it. 🙂
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • DJAXDJAX Posts: 18 Member
    It looks like there might be more gameplay than we think because the description mentions engagement parties, Bach parties, rehearsal dinners, improved ceremonies, and receptions. It also sounds like we can set wedding traditions similar to how we can create holidays with seasons, which means not every wedding is going to be identical and adds replayability. I am also hoping for an attraction system in the base game update though
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I think we'll see soon enough as the pack will release in less than two weeks. No matter what, I always do proper weddings in my game so I will certainly buy this pack not only for modding purposes.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    bixters wrote: »

Yeah, it’s too bad that it’s more narrow in focus than a more general romance, which would have been more expansive and more folks would be interested (because not everyone who likes romance likes weddings, etc). Still, I’m pretty excited about it.

I would love for an attraction system and more romantic gameplay, too, but I think if an attraction system is going to be added, it should be via base game patch so everyone can enjoy it. 🙂

Yes someone said an attraction system will be in the update but when asked about it didn't reply. You have to wonder if they know something we dont.
    DJAX wrote: »
    It looks like there might be more gameplay than we think because the description mentions engagement parties, Bach parties, rehearsal dinners, improved ceremonies, and receptions. It also sounds like we can set wedding traditions similar to how we can create holidays with seasons, which means not every wedding is going to be identical and adds replayability. I am also hoping for an attraction system in the base game update though
    I'm hoping this means we can plan weddings on the calendar as well.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    DJAX wrote: »
    I'm hoping this means we can plan weddings on the calendar as well.
    Seeing as the calendar is now base game it would be crazy not being able to set the date.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I have been wanting weddings similar to those in Sims 2 & 3 for a long time and am really looking forward to this pack! I really missed the ability to plan the honeymoon with the limo arriving as the wedding ends to whisk the happy couple away! Looking forward to planning bachelor/bachelorette parties and all the shopping before the wedding. I am hoping that the new world will include ability to make hotels/inns as it makes sense to have that for the honeymoons. I am also hoping that they are planning a good update that will add more romantic gameplay and an attraction system in the base game so everyone has it available in their game, even if they don't buy the pack. And slow dancing is a must for any wedding!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

And maybe boats couples can share.

I want this so bad😵 I hate that boats are for 1 only.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Trailer only showed the slow dance but it's still too early to call. Livestream is Friday. No new kisses were shown.