Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LAUNDRY LIST - FEBRUARY 1ST, 2022

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
i7nljemcnf3d.png

Hi Simmers!

Welcome to the Laundry List where we’ll share a list of the top community concerns that we’re currently investigating and hope to have resolved in the upcoming patch. This is just a top list, there are more topics that we saw reported by players that are not listed and being worked on.

These concerns were reported by players who help us continue our work of improving the user experience on a regular basis.

Please note that some topics can be tricky and require an extended investigation on our end, so even though we are actively reviewing, it’s not a guarantee that we’ll have an immediate fix for it in the upcoming patch.

Here’s the list of the top community concerns we’re investigating for the game update this month:
    Clicking on face in CAS goes IMMEDIATELY to detail mode
    Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode
    [ECO] World looks like under water/no ground (Build mode from map)
    Male sims walk/jog/.. with feminine style
    [SV] Unable to harvest the Bizarre Fruit
    Fences disappear when hovering with gate
    'Entitlement missing" on gallery downloads unless all packs from build
    Incorrect Gender Flag on Pants/Pants look bad on female frame
    [DHD] Dress leaves discoloration on certain shoes/boots
    Eyelashes get color of curly short hair
    Crows Feet on Teens
    [CoL] Female Hairstyle Creating Gaps/lines In Model

Thanks for all your patience and valuable help! Please continue sharing with us about any issues you’re experiencing on Answers HQ. We’ll continue to check in, and together we can make this game the best that it can be. Happy Simming!
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
      RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
      Yay! The detail mode one has been bugging me. I thought it was intentional!
      Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    • Options
      SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
      edited February 2022
      It's nice to see some of these bugs finally being worked on.

I'm curious to know when the hospital might receive some attention. It's been broken since Cottage Living when sims are giving birth. It's quite immersion breaking to have the doctor T-posing half way through the procedure.
    • Options
      logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
      edited February 2022
      Thank you, this is a good list and I am happy that resources are going towards improving the experience for us, the players who are playing the game. Development and support are what makes me happy and makes me play the game, and buy packs for it.

I'm really happy to see the "build lag" and the "pants look bad on feminine frame" in the list.
    • Options
      annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
      Yay! I'm so happy male animations will soon be fixed.
    • Options
      83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
      edited February 2022
      Sharonia wrote: »
      It's nice to see some of these bugs finally being worked on.

I'm curious to know when the hospital might receive some attention. It's been broken since Cottage Living when sims are giving birth. It's quite immersion breaking to have the doctor T-posing half way through the procedure.

First the wedding, then the babies, I'd say° :wink:
      Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    • Options
      BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
      edited February 2022
      I'm happy these are getting investigated, but can I humbly request/urge the devs team to fix the "aliens face genetic glitch on age up"? Makes it absolutely dreadful to play with that occult lifestate and that glitch has been going on for years now, I think.
    • Options
      BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
      I'm very happy and grateful to hear of all these bugs being worked on, but please can we also get the ability to build our Rocket Ships back?
    • Options
      jadessajadessa Posts: 16 Member
      Has anyone noticed the bug where the sims don't ever look at the computer screen anymore while they are working on it? They look left and right and everywhere else but at the screen. Or is this just me?
    • Options
      mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
      Thank you for all the fixes, but please concentrate on the more obvious ones like eg our hospital births has been broken for months now, machines do nothing, and dr stand in t pose. Also sims are looking away the whole time when doing small things like washing dishes, working on computers.
    • Options
      ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
      Thank you for the update. :smile: I have the CAS detail mode one since the patch update. Is it possible if you can confirm that they are also working on some of the other ones that are lower priority? I really miss my restaurants and I'm sad not to see that one on the list. I also have a doctor doing some kind of YMCA dance routine during baby deliveries ... It's extremely alarming to the expecting couple ...
    • Options
      HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
      jadessa wrote: »
      Has anyone noticed the bug where the sims don't ever look at the computer screen anymore while they are working on it? They look left and right and everywhere else but at the screen. Or is this just me?

It's not just you and it's not only about the sim PC. I'm noticing that they tend to look away while doing other things sometimes too. And this really creeps me out. :#
    • Options
      mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
      @Harukotyan @jadessa Here is the bug report, please add your "me too" !
      https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-look-to-side-instead-of-straight-ahead-for-some/td-p/10540187

Also, see SimGuruRitzy's request (right below the first post) for save files with people experiencing this bug when sims play a multiplayer video game or get a foot massage in the spa.

• Options
      ToubeeToubee Posts: 2 New Member
      I can't believe it, FINALLY you're going to fix the buy/build mode lag bug. This was such a huge letdown for years now and made me stop buying packs/playing the game in general. If you're really going to fix that, I'm back in the game :smile:
    • Options
      simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
      I need to check out build/buy mode next time I'm in game. I've not noticed any lag.
    • Options
      Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
      I'm really glad you're working on these, especially the CAS fixes (cause that's what I've been going back to lately).

In the topic of pants, the (non-skinny) Dream Home Decorator jeans have some graphical issues on masculine frames, ESPECIALLY on a bigger Sim (muscular/overweight) making one leg bigger than the other and having these transparent slits.

I4tGisG.png
      tOAIbAb.png

It's a bit of a shame cause some of my male Sims could use some more colorful jeans.
    • Options
      LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
      Yes! That’s great some of this stuff is getting fixed! Thank you for continuing to fix stuff! 🤗👍
      ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
      (She/her)
    • Options
      StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
      Finally the male walk glitch!
    • Options
      SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
      I love that some of the old glitches are being fixed & updated. I also like the fact that the men's pants are finally fixed for the guys. I just wish there was the fixes for the female sims as well. Also, I wouldn't mind if the Mermaid top was finally unlocked for females. Maybe in the next Laundry List? Please! ;)
    • Options
      QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
      I need to check out build/buy mode next time I'm in game. I've not noticed any lag.

My game freezes everytime I go in to bb mode, sometimes just a little, sometimes to the point I have to walk away from my computer to let it calm down alone without my stressing presence.
      You’re lucky if you haven’t had experienced these frustrating moments :)
      SignatureSparkly.gif
    • Options
      candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
      What about Dine Out?! FIX IT
    • Options
      JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
      edited February 2022
      When will this patch supposedly drop?
    • Options
      bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
      Rouensims wrote: »
      Yay! The detail mode one has been bugging me. I thought it was intentional!

Me too!
      In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    • Options
      RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
      What about the Heatproof and Iceproof bugs? My Sims who have these traits still die from freezing or overheating. 😢
    • Options
      stismheadstismhead Posts: 5 New Member
      Lately I've had some issues with my cow plant its fully grown but when its not in my screen it sometimes shrinks. I have to go into bb mode click on it an replace it for it to display properly.