Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Weddings Stories POSITIVITY thread

FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
I didn't know my life was incomplete until I heard Etta James' "At Last" in simlish. There's slow dancing, people. What are you most excited about?
HcmCUds.jpg
Life needs an undo button.
Post edited by FatTribble23 on

Comments

• candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Flower girls, and ring bearer.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    All I could think of “is this the plot of "Imagine me and you”? Lol. :D I need to watch it again, beautiful trailer, but I need the details.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm waiting for the blog, that usually is a lot more informative than the trailer.
    But it did look nice. It's a shame my Sims rarely get married though :joy:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Looks like it's one for the LGBTQ community mainly or am I wrong?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

That's wrong. Heterosexual couples can get married too.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member

No, they used a same sex couple for the trailer, the same couple that's (probably) going to be on the cover art, that's all. This is one for the realism players and the people calling for more romance.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I think this pack is for anyone who wants their sims to get married.

Ya'll, I swear I saw a tea set. Dare we hope it's functional?
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There is slow dancing and even the children were included in it. <3
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited February 2022
    Most Excited: Marriage officiant!!! More (engagement/wedding) rings!!! Sims hopefully finally staying seated during the wedding ceremony!!! Lots of really nice looking wedding themed objects. New animations that have sims physically interact with each other (walking arm in arm, dancing together).
    Apprehensive: CAS selection. A lot of the outfits look méh. Also, while very nice and bold of Team Maxis to feature an focus a lot on a same sex marriage in their promotional media, having that focus on a female couple means we don't get to see much of any wedding outfits for guys (we see 7 wedding dresses/outfits for female sims and only 2 outfits for male sims), which means it's probably going to be another sexist pack when it comes to the distribution between the number of feminine fashion choice CAS assets and masculine fashion choice CAS assets. Also, there doesn't seem to be any attention given to traditional wedding night activities.
    Funny: during the first half of that video, that black girl... stalker much? :D
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I got excited for the slow dancing, there's a tea set that looks like it's not just decor, although I was hoping for a pack for everything romantic, I really like the look of this soo far
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    The tea set is functional. In the first part of the trailer, you see a full tea cup next to the cake she's decorating. They also emphasize serving tea to the guests at the wedding. It looks like it'll be similar to the drink tray like from Backyard Stuff and Spa Day.

@Zimz4 I agree with you on the CAS. I thought some of the hairs were nice, but none of the feminine clothing stood out to me. I liked the male shirt with the loose tie and the suit with the suspenders. I was happy to see a boutonniere on the suits. I hope they're an accessory piece and not tied to the outfit.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    I didn't know my life was incomplete until I heard Etta James' "At Last" in simlish. There's slow dancing, people. What are you most excited about?

I am so thrilled that song was included. And I haven't even watched the trailer yet.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    How much money did they shell out for that Simlish Etta James cover??
  • WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    It looks like there is cake testing! That is quite a specific detail. I love stuff like that. Also, I think there is a function tea set! If people sit for the ceremony, I will be happy just to see that!
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I used to have have wedding ceremonies in TS2 and enjoyed setting them up.
    https://youtu.be/xr_5WU_nWrA
    This might make me do so again in TS4, instead of my couples alone and exchanging vows.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Will we get romance overhaul to base game?
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member

You're wrong, while the trailer features a same-sex marriage, there's a photo of the newlyweds attending the -heterosexual- marriage of the couple that caught the bouquetsbouquets (2:38).
    Happy simming!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    That was a beautiful trailer. Need to watch it gain a few times to see all the details. Saw cowplant cake toppers, are those new? Also, I dragons, little decorative ones, but that's a definite step in the right direction. Finally, we get tea. Can't wait for the livestream. :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    You can set a reminder for the Livestream in 2 days time, 11th Feb. Just sayin'
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm still holding my breath. I'll wait for the livestream. The addition of slow dancing/couple dancing pleased me, but I have questions. Is it only for wedding parties? Do we need to use that specific rug? I'm hoping it's added as an regular interaction whenever music is on and not have some arbitrary prerequisite.

Music was dope, though.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Unfortunately this trailer has sparked a lot of homophobia even on Twitter.

But anyways I'm so excited to just set up elaborate weddings. I built a fancy wedding venue in newcrest but the wedding there was a mess lol. I'm hoping I can try a wedding there again.

I also hope to set up a Japanese inspired wedding in Mt. Komorebi and a Polynesian one in Sulani. I will have fun having different types of weddings in different worlds.

Also excited to try a new building style in Tartosa.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm most excited about:
    churches
    tea ceremonies
    slow dancing
    stained glass windows
    cowplant toppers
    new world!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    The blog post is up now and it truly does sound amazing. The only thing that disappoints me a little is the fact that we're getting another beach world. It's seems the team missed a perfect opportunity to give us a world based on a romantic European style world like Rome or Paris. I'm nostalgically thinking of something like Monte Vista from the Sims 3 store, which was so beautiful. But it's a small thing. I'm truly excited for everything coming in this pack! Tea ceremonies, yes!

No word on whether the bachelor/bachelorette parties will have exotic dancers this time. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg