Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game that you have is better than The Sims 4?

13...Next

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I don't think there is a better game than Sims 4, but I like Animal Crossing very much. I also enjoy playing Spiritfarer.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Minecraft is pretty good,and so is FNAF Ultimate Custom Night. There are some good games on Facebook and Roblox as well,and Mineteria is fun,too.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Astro wrote: »
    @Stormkeep My whole thing with loading times is, if I'm constantly sending my sims to different lots and have to see a 5-7 second loading screen it breaks immersion for me. I would love to only have a 2-3 second loading screen (which would be more bearable) but at the end of the day the hoods in TS4 are just to disjointed for me to fully enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fun with TS4 in the past, and I really do love certain aspects of the game. It's just not for me, lol.

@Darstep0301 I hope you left me a 'like' on the video. :P

Yes, it really sucks that a game that came out in 2009 needs a decent (by today's standards) pc to make it run somewhat smoothly, I think it's worth is putting in the effort to make the game run well. I've probably put a few thousand fun-filled hours into this game, so I've more than got my money's and times worth from it.

I didn't leave you a like Astro. I left you a Awesome. lol
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I hear you, @Astro, I'm a fan of TS3 as well. I think I still have more total hours played for it than TS4, seeing as I played it for it's entire lifespan before TS4 came out and still do play it on and off. I just don't think it's "better" but rather that it is "different"...so which is better all depends on what specifically one is focused on. I like some things about TS4 much better and some things about TS3 much better...and for that matter, some things about TS2 much better (I still play that sometimes too).
    I'd kill for a game that has the gameplay of TS2, with the graphics, Sims and performance (for me) of TS4 in the worlds of TS3.

I just want the cars back. I miss driving to work in my own car like in TS3. And I'll take the Vampires back too as standard issue as in TS3. They are why I play immortal in TS4. And oh yeah, give me back the neighbors actually not being at home during working hours as was the case in TS3. In retrospect, did EA dummy down TS4? Hmmm!!!
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member

I'm only playing Sims 4 instead of Sims 3 because 4 doesn't require me to do maintenance every time I finish playing for the day. But Sims 3 is definitely my favorite Sims game.
    My top 3 played games on Steam are My Time at Portia, Two Point Hospital, and Planet Zoo. MTaP has a huge open-world to explore and I played through the story twice. Waiting for My Time at Sandrock to release at the moment. I also love the Spyro trilogy, even though I haven't put as many hours into the remastered version.

Completely done with EA

GemSixx wrote: »
    I'm only playing Sims 4 instead of Sims 3 because 4 doesn't require me to do maintenance every time I finish playing for the day. But Sims 3 is definitely my favorite Sims game.
    My top 3 played games on Steam are My Time at Portia, Two Point Hospital, and Planet Zoo. MTaP has a huge open-world to explore and I played through the story twice. Waiting for My Time at Sandrock to release at the moment. I also love the Spyro trilogy, even though I haven't put as many hours into the remastered version.

Why doesn't Origin have games like Steam? On Steam I got Star Trek Online, and Star Wars the Old Republic. On Origin I get zilch!!!
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member

Why doesn't Origin have games like Steam? On Steam I got Star Trek Online, and Star Wars the Old Republic. On Origin I get zilch!!!

I guess because Steam is better than Origin. ;):)

Completely done with EA

If it wasn't for Civilization 5 and 6 I wouldn't have Steam. Whew!!!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Stardew Valley, it's not better, but it's different and Animal Crossing....
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    It depends on my mood and what I want to play at the time. Animal crossing, Stardew Valley, Minecraft, I have Windbound for my switch light, and My time in Portia for the computer that look like they will be fun. Waiting for paralives to come out.

When I played Sims 2…… that’s all I wanted to play…
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    Sims 4 ( Sims2 and Sims 3) are my usual go-to but I love my Switch. I play Animal Crossing and Zelda. I also love Skyrim and Fable on Xbox. Really the open world concept type game or life-like reality games are my thing. I also love playing Harvest Moon.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Sims 4 only, for the past 8 years. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I've played dozens of games over the years (still do), but Sims 4 is a departure from my usual kind of games. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I still play it at all after nearly three years. Maybe because I don't play it like a game so much as many players do. Instead, I find my fun in using it as a creative tool of sorts. Maybe it'll be a longtime companion beside some of my favorite go-to titles as the years go by, maybe not. That remains to be seen, but in the meantime, I'm good.

VeeDub whazzup missed you during my "resting period" but you are right about this game being 4 years old and still at the top of games played by us gamers

That's not really what I said, but ok. :lol: What I meant was that there are actually quite a few games that I like more than Sims 4, but as they're completely different kinds of games I won't say they're "better." It just seemed poor form to specifically praise those other games in detail on a Sims 4 forum, so I didn't. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    I've played dozens of games over the years (still do), but Sims 4 is a departure from my usual kind of games. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I still play it at all after nearly three years. Maybe because I don't play it like a game so much as many players do. Instead, I find my fun in using it as a creative tool of sorts. Maybe it'll be a longtime companion beside some of my favorite go-to titles as the years go by, maybe not. That remains to be seen, but in the meantime, I'm good.

VeeDub whazzup missed you during my "resting period" but you are right about this game being 4 years old and still at the top of games played by us gamers

That's not really what I said, but ok. :lol: What I meant was that there are actually quite a few games that I like more than Sims 4, but as they're completely different kinds of games I won't say they're "better." It just seemed poor form to specifically praise those other games in detail on a Sims 4 forum, so I didn't. :)

ok VeeDub
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I don't know if you can objectively say "game X is better than the Sims" if they're quite different and you enjoy them both. The Sims stands alone, and as the first page of replies indicates, the only competition it has is from older versions of the game. Not a bad position to be in, to be honest!
    I have sunk a lot of time into (now old) Dragon Age: Origins, Civilization, the Quake series, even World of Warcraft has consumed many, many hours of my life. I also have a soft spot for this old jigsaw puzzle game called Brains Breaker. All great fun games, but I can't really say they're better than the Sims because they are completely different in scope.
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I enjoy The Long Dark a lot. It has great music, beautiful sceneries, I get to explore the open world and collect stuff that my character needs for survival and it can be challenging or relaxing depending on which settings I choose. It reminds me a little bit of The Sims in the sense that I have to take care of my character's needs, such as hunger, sleep, thirst and warmth :lol: In both games I also have the freedom to explore and set my own goals as I play, but otherwise they aren't that similar and it depends on my mood which one I like more. I play some other games too, but my favourites are The Sims 4, The Long Dark and The Sims. Don't Starve Together is fun too, but I wouldn't rank it as high as the other three.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    That's like comparing apples and oranges for me. I have probably spent the most hours in The Sims4 than I have with any other game, but those other games offered me different experiences that they did much better than what The Sims4 ever could do.

The Sims4 have offered me very little gameplay lately so I am playing other games that offer different, but more and newer gameplay. When I feel like creating a person in a game or build a house, then I start The sims 4.

When I feel like having progression, story (that is not my own), action, adventure, simulation (like driving simulation), platforming, horror, drama. Then I play another game.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    This is a hard question, the sims 4 for me is my favourite game even with its flaws, the sims 3 would've been my favourite however the amount of bugs and the fact that your recommended to not play all the packs at once, has knocked it down for me you spend all this money on packs you expect to play the game with them all installed, the sims 4 however although there are bugs still works alot smoother than the sims 3 by a mile, and I have all the packs and kits soo far and it still runs smoothly with an occasional lag
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Although I love my Sims 2, 3, 4 and Medieval, Skyrim is one of my favorites. I can play over and over again with different characters and never get bored! I also enjoy the Tomb Raider series. I jump back and forth between my games whenever I have time to play.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2022

It sure is better than EA and I love GOG as well. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I don't know if you can objectively say "game X is better than the Sims" if they're quite different and you enjoy them both. The Sims stands alone, and as the first page of replies indicates, the only competition it has is from older versions of the game. Not a bad position to be in, to be honest!
    I have sunk a lot of time into (now old) Dragon Age: Origins, Civilization, the Quake series, even World of Warcraft has consumed many, many hours of my life. I also have a soft spot for this old jigsaw puzzle game called Brains Breaker. All great fun games, but I can't really say they're better than the Sims because they are completely different in scope.

You are correct in your assessment. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen