Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    With your indulgence, I will give myself and any who might want to take advantage of my need for grace, an extension of the October challenge until 7 Nov. TY I have been under some heavy self-doubt and have hit a low point in my story-telling .. I could skip it this month but I really am glad to "hop back on the horse" and attempt a ride.

That's fine with me. This challenge is the only time I can get myself to feel any type of confidence in my storytelling and it usually takes me all month to get myself to that point. I've been forcing myself to do it every month since this summer instead of every other month to, hopefully, grow my confidence. So, I understand.
    7YZVoCi.png
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Qnshr5 wrote: »
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    With your indulgence, I will give myself and any who might want to take advantage of my need for grace, an extension of the October challenge until 7 Nov. TY I have been under some heavy self-doubt and have hit a low point in my story-telling .. I could skip it this month but I really am glad to "hop back on the horse" and attempt a ride.

That's fine with me. This challenge is the only time I can get myself to feel any type of confidence in my storytelling and it usually takes me all month to get myself to that point. I've been forcing myself to do it every month since this summer instead of every other month to, hopefully, grow my confidence. So, I understand.

I find your stories delightful and they always offer a surprise to the reader LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    October submissions are published. We had the most DELIGHTFUL stories entered. There was not a single one that I did not fully enjoy! How I wish I had a magic wand so that I could get simmers to click in and read.

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge October Submissions
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    You will note that I have not published November yet .. there is a possible collab in the works. I promise to have it out soon. looking at a Nov/Dec challenge period.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Is everything okay? I didn't mind a break but I'm ready for new challenges :)
    musteni wrote: »
    Is everything okay? I didn't mind a break but I'm ready for new challenges :)

Got it right here for you <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    January 2022 theme and challenge specifics

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge:
    January 2022 Theme
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Yay, I already wrote something :joy: I was just really feeling the theme for the sim I was currently playing: Grims Quarry
    Yay, I already wrote something :joy: I was just really feeling the theme for the sim I was currently playing: Grims Quarry

That is soooo awesome! Going to go read it now .. I have an idea too but will see how it plays out!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Hi!

I'm new to the forum, but when I read this thread I immediately thought that it sounded like an interesting and funny idea. So I decided to give it a go, here there is my entry: --> New Horizons. :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Hi!

I'm new to the forum, but when I read this thread I immediately thought that it sounded like an interesting and funny idea. So I decided to give it a go, here there is my entry: --> New Horizons. :)

OHH how I love seeing the novice banner when I click in. I do adore my vets but honestly, the more is indeed the merrier!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    New story. Nascent. for january. I am going to look to see who else has submitted so far and read excerpts and share links on my stream this weekend.
    https://simaginarium.com/2022/01/22/nascent/

nascent-banner.jpg?w=1024

[img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • TheSimsStorybookTheSimsStorybook Posts: 12 New Member
    I try to share the link now. High hopes, low expectations 🙈 I am joining as Veteran now 😬

https://thesimsfables.tumblr.com/post/674199766808379392/the-birth-of-tuittu-the-murkpunker
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It's also my first month joining as a Veteran! Can't wait to read everyone's stories this month :) Here's mine: https://princesspeapod.wordpress.com/2022/01/27/msssc-a-new-way-to-live/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MannyManny Posts: 7 New Member
    hi, hello, excited to read some stories this month! here's mine! https://mannylikessims.wordpress.com/2022/01/11/nueva-familia/
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    Happy New Year everyone! I'm glad to see so many entries. Can't wait to read them all! I've got mine done before the last minute (new year, new me? Maybe...)
    Solstice Queens
    7YZVoCi.png
    I am so ready to check these all out .. Mine is close to done ... Story shots complete and final work being done for the blog .. up before tomorrow am! Yipee (OHH maybe I am turning over a new leaf for 2022 too)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    MSSSC for Jan 2022. Annie has gotten herself into a bit of a pickle - Will Aubie have good advice for her?
    Something Old, Something New
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I left the challenge open until this am just in case - Jan is now closed
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Time to make your choices ... Jan short story offerings MSSSC Jan 2022
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Sorry I can't comment to everyone. I don't have tumblr or blogger IDs. I of course read all stories and enjoyed them very much! :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Sorry I can't comment to everyone. I don't have tumblr or blogger IDs. I of course read all stories and enjoyed them very much! :)

This is the same for me as well. I only have a wordpress so I can like and comment there, but the rest I can only read.

All very well done, fun reads this month and super interesting to see how different everyone took the prompt :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    February simit short story theme .. so happy to partner with @MinraedArzhel for this month's theme Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    3 days left to vote - it is a squeaker!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    As is often the case with our challenge, the vote for Top reader's choice was extremely tight! Great job everyone!

MSSSC Reader's Choices
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger