Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

could cars be returning to the sims4 look at the screenshot?

2...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    But… isn’t an alley too narrow for a car? Like, alleys are usually narrow streets between buildings, or narrow paths/lanes, meant for pedestrians, not cars.

I also really doubt they would suddenly put cars in a kit. Maybe a patch and part of a gamepack/expansion.

I think the twitter comment meant either a weird way of aisle (for wedding/church), a skinny passageway, or garden walkway.

Where I live we have a ton of alleys and they are all accessible by car, only one car at a time though, not like a road, but you can definitely drive a car down them.

They are sometimes between buildings or sometimes behind backyards (we have a lot of garages behind homes that have an alley entrance, meaning you have to drive down the alley then turn into your garage, rather than having an actual driveway on the side of your house).

But, I don't think it's a hint that cars are coming. "Right up your alley" is a pretty common phrase in US when you're conversing with someone about something they'd enjoy. That tweet he responded to was from someone who was inquiring about when more gameplay would be happening.
    Original Twitter'er posted:
    Digital Food is great, I'm looking for Gameplay, animations, life simulation?

Ninja's Reply:
    Gamepack news coming soon! Hopefully right up your alley

Thanks for the info about alleys. :smile:

Yeah, I was aware of the idiom, but sometimes that guru likes to give wordplay from what other simmers said, if he’s even hinting at anything at all.

I’m hoping it’s just an idiom/saying, either way.

The simmer who asked for more animations/gameplay/life simulation likes historical gameplay and does some builds, but also loved life simulation stuff in general, and prefers the more gameplay we got from older Sims games like Sims 2/3, etc, so it makes sense.

So I hope this game pack does have some gameplay. (I doubt cars would be in it, though.)
    The “right up your ally” comment could be hinting at a future Expansion or game pack we don’t yet know about. Many people think that Henford on Bagley was a definite hint towards cars as supposedly the first ford(s) were made on A street called Bagley.

The response said it was for the upcoming gamepack, though? (Unless he meant another future gamepack outside of this first quarter.)

I’m skeptical about Sims 4 having cars, or at least functional cars. It would be a pleasant surprise, though.

(I’m neutral about cars, since I was never a big fan of them irl or in the past Sims games. For Sims 3, I just press fast-forward and/or have my sims walk/swim/ride brooms/teleport, etc.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    The “right up your ally” comment could be hinting at a future Expansion or game pack we don’t yet know about. Many people think that Henford on Bagley was a definite hint towards cars as supposedly the first ford(s) were made on A street called Bagley.

An alternative theory:

Hen
    Female chicken or other fowl

Ford
    A shallow part of a river that can be crossed by wading/riding/driving though it

Bagley
    The surname of a developer on the Sims team, a Senior Game Designer called Nicholas Bagley
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    But… isn’t an alley too narrow for a car? Like, alleys are usually narrow streets between buildings, or narrow paths/lanes, meant for pedestrians, not cars.

I also really doubt they would suddenly put cars in a kit. Maybe a patch and part of a gamepack/expansion.

I think the twitter comment meant either a weird way of aisle (for wedding/church), a skinny passageway, or garden walkway.

Where I live we have a ton of alleys and they are all accessible by car, only one car at a time though, not like a road, but you can definitely drive a car down them.

They are sometimes between buildings or sometimes behind backyards (we have a lot of garages behind homes that have an alley entrance, meaning you have to drive down the alley then turn into your garage, rather than having an actual driveway on the side of your house).

But, I don't think it's a hint that cars are coming. "Right up your alley" is a pretty common phrase in US when you're conversing with someone about something they'd enjoy. That tweet he responded to was from someone who was inquiring about when more gameplay would be happening.
    Original Twitter'er posted:
    Digital Food is great, I'm looking for Gameplay, animations, life simulation?

Ninja's Reply:
    Gamepack news coming soon! Hopefully right up your alley

Thanks for the info about alleys. :smile:

Yeah, I was aware of the idiom, but sometimes that guru likes to give wordplay from what other simmers said, if he’s even hinting at anything at all.

I’m hoping it’s just an idiom/saying, either way.

The simmer who asked for more animations/gameplay/life simulation likes historical gameplay and does some builds, but also loved life simulation stuff in general, and prefers the more gameplay we got from older Sims games like Sims 2/3, etc, so it makes sense.

So I hope this game pack does have some gameplay. (I doubt cars would be in it, though.)

I thought so too, until they clarified that it wasn't a hint towards cars.