Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited February 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb05.jpg
    February 5: Free Your Mind!

Special Appearances By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy ), Louise "Lucy" Aldrich ( @miss_eulenauge ), Velma Pagan ( @Shadami )
    D.J. woke up bright and early. It was still cold out, but not freezing today. This was his opportunity to plant some of the potatoes he found in Mt. Komorebi as well as the starter winter seeds, he was sold. The clerk had sold him onion and holly seeds. These two were good for growing in the winter.

dj-02-041.jpg
    dj-02-042.jpg
    dj-02-043.jpg
    dj-02-044.jpg

Then D.J. got dressed and headed into the Lykke Centre where most of the shops were. He had his breakfast at the cafe again. Then he wanted to check out the library. Not only did he have homework to do, but he also wanted to reminisce over his Mt. Komorebi notebook.

The library had an old-style look to it. It reminded D.J. of Caitlin's mansion. He started working on his homework.

dj-02-045.jpg

When he finished what was needed to be done, D.J. stood and took out his notebook. He paced while flipping through the pages remembering all the fun times he had. He wrote a lot about his wall climbing and how he built up the strength and courage to take on the mountain excursion.

A woman approached D.J. with a smile and introduced herself as Aicha Ferhat, the Librarian. D.J. smiled and reciprocated the greeting with his name. She asked if he needed help with anything. D.J. replied with he was just remembering his last adventure through the notes he had taken. Aicha smiled and asked if he wanted to share his experiences with her. So, they sat down at one of the tables and he told her all about it.

D.J. showed Aicha his notebook. She was amazed at his writing skills for a Sim at such a young age. D.J. blushed. He said he enjoyed school and paid attention in all his classes. Aicha asked D.J. if he wanted to publish some of this and let others know of his great adventure in Mt. Komorebi. There's a section in the library where college students have published their own work for some extra simoleons. She would be interested in seeing D.J.'s there. He knew he could use the simoleons. He is hoping to find a place to rent or live in if he can build up enough simoleons. Living in a tent can take its toll.

dj-02-046.jpg

With that, D.J. agrees. Aicha said she'll help with a bit of editing and then with his final approval, make copies and put them out for sale for people to buy. He would need to use the computer at the library and rewrite from his notebook. D.J. spent a few hours on the computer with a small break to grab lunch before going back to the library to work more on transferring his thoughts from paper to computer. He also found an illustration program on the computer and created his own cover that he hoped Aicha would like.

D.J. mentioned Enele and his family but had an idea that if Sims enjoyed this adventure portion, he would write specifically about his mountain excursion with Enele. He also wanted to get Enele's permission about that.

Showing her his work, Aicha said she will go ahead and edit it, text him, and meet up before putting it out on the shelf. D.J. was excited about this. He's happy that he can share his Mt. Komorebi adventure with others.

dj-02-048.jpg
    dj-02-047.jpg

It was eventually time for D.J. to make his way over to Adam's place for the Beautiful Minds meeting. Today they were going to do some meditating. And because D.J. was introduced to everyone yesterday, Adam wanted to jump right in once all had arrived. They changed clothes and headed to the same room as yesterday. Adam created this room specifically for the group as well as during the week, he does yoga personal training on the side.

Adam showed the group some breathing exercises. At the end of the meditation session, D.J. thought it would be fun if the group had their own handshake for when they passed each other in town. Everyone was in agreement at finding it amusing and would be fun. Adam suggested D.J. come up with it then since he offered up with the idea. D.J. thought up of something and called it the 'Front Back High Low' handshake. Adam loved it.

dj-02-049.jpg
    dj-02-050.jpg

The group hung out and chatted for a little bit before they started to trickle out as they needed to leave.

dj-02-051.jpg

D.J. stayed behind afterwards and talked more with Adam. He enjoyed hanging out with someone around his age. He really didn't see Derumk much. And when he did, Derumk was busy picking on people. D.J. hated bullies. Derumk would be the nice kid at home to his parents, but different at school. But Derumk would always leave D.J. alone, unlike that other blonde kid. D.J. didn't even know his name. This kid would constantly call him names in school. He would constantly laugh at D.J. for being homeless.

D.J. shared his story with Adam. Adam was intrigued about the mountain climbing. He even thought that would be fun to do in the future. Adam was more thrilled to hear about D.J.'s meditation walks and becoming emotionally mindful. Adam said a Sim is at most peace when they have that.

It was getting late for D.J. and he mentioned to Adam, he'd like to continue talking with him. They agreed to text during the week. Adam went in for a hug which threw D.J. off, but he embraced it. D.J. considered Adam a new friend of his.

dj-02-052.jpg

dj-02-053.jpg

As he arrived back at his tent, D.J, noticed his potato plants starting to grow. He was eager for his other plants as well to start growing and begin to plant more things.

dj-02-054.jpg

Side Note:
    D.J.'s Writing Skill is high enough to sell to a publisher, but since D.J. is still a teenager, it only makes sense he doesn't get a publisher yet. So, he will self-publish for now even though he would make more selling his work to a publisher.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Feb 3 - Meeting The Neighbors

wind-monday.jpg
    Dylan's first day of school was uneventful.

doing-his-homework-mon.png

He had maintained his A standing, and had actually done his homework and extra credit work yesterday. As soon as he got home, he hit the books again. He figured he would finish his homework and then head into town to do some more exploring.

the-welcome-wagon-mond.png

But then, there was a knock on the door, and a group of sims were standing there. It was his neighbors welcoming him to the neighborhood. They stood outside and chatted for a bit. He recognized Marcus Flex from Mt. Komorebi, as he had helped Dylan work out at the weight machines, but Marcus didn't seem to recognize him. Marcus introduced his roomies, Paolo Rocco, and Jade Rosa. Their other roommate, Eva Capriciossa was working.

dylan-getting-along-really-well-with-everyone.png

They lived in a converted warehouse on the river across from where Dylan lived. They had nicknamed their house, Partihaus. Candy Behr introduced herself, and she lived next door to the Partihaus roomies with her younger sister, Yuki. Dylan invited everyone inside.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Candy saw the DJ booth sitting there, "Oh, Dylan are you a DJ?"

Dylan: "No, the DJ booth just came with the house. I don't even know how it works..."

Candy: "Well, it's good that we came over then, I'll be happy to show you all the ins and outs of that baby. It's a starter model...but that doesn't mean it doesn't have soul..."

quick-photo-with-candy.png

Marcus: "That's right! Candy is the best DJ in Windenburg. Soon you'll be having the most rad parties in town!"

Dylan looked confused, "Parties? I really...I really don't know many sims to have a party..."

Paolo: "No problem there, Dylan. You know us. And where we go, there is always a party. Heck! We are Partihaus, and WE are the party."

Jade asked Dylan what type of music he liked, and he answered that he liked all kinds.

Jade: "You like all kinds of music? This is too good to be true! Mind if I play some tunes? Gotta test out your new dance floor..." she said as she switched on the stereo.

dancing-with-the-welcome-wagon.png

Dylan looked down at the floor and didn't even realize that a portion of his floor was a different in-laid wood.

Dylan thinking, "I guess I have a dance floor..."

Jade took to the floor and pretty soon everyone was dancing.

you-got-some-great-moves-there-duylan-thought-about-joinging-a-crw.png

Dylan saw Jade looking intently at him, and thought, "Oh gosh! Is she coming onto me? She is really checking me out..."

Jade: "Dylan...may I ask you a personal question?"

Dylan knew it...she was going to ask him if he was single..."Um...sure..."

Jade: "Are you over 21?"

dylan-wed-love-you-in-our-crew-if-you-were-older.png

Dylan was kind of floored by that question, "No, I'm just a teen. Why? Do I have to be over 21 to hang out with you or something?" he felt a bit upset by her question.

im-just-teen-why-does-it-matter.png

Jade laughed: "No, hun...oh gosh, no...we'd love it if you could hang out with us...it's just that....hun...you have some really HOT dance moves..."

dylan-and-the-moves.png

Dylan: "I do?"

Jade: "Oh hun you do! You must be a dancer, right? Go to The Windenburg School for the Arts?"

Dylan: "No, I'm not a dancer, and I just go to Buckingham High..."

Candy: "Well, you missed your calling...you can really bust a move, Dylan!"

Dylan gave her an embarrassed smile. He had never really danced much and felt rather flattered with all these compliments, "So, Jade, why did you want to know how old I was...?"

Jade: "Oh, right...I was getting to that...well I was going to ask you to be part of my crew..."

Dylan: "Your crew? What? Like a club or something?"

what-is-that-a-crew.png

Jade: "Well, sort of. It's a dance crew. And we compete in the Windenburg Dance-Off Contest every February..."

Candy interrupted, "...and win...every year...you are looking at the reigning champs!"

Dylan: "Sweet! So you want me to be part of your dance crew? Wow!"

Jade: "Whoa! Hold on Dylan! For sure, I would love for you to be part of our dance crew...however...we are in the Young Adult, over 21, dance category..."

Dylan: "Oh...so I guess that's a no...it's alright...at least I can hang out with all of you...that's all that matters..."

yeah-hes-good.png

Paolo: "You know, Jade...Dylan is pretty good...if he got a good crew together...he could give the "Starlights" some competition."

Dylan: "Wait! What are you talking about? Me...get a crew together...? But I don't know anyone here..."

are-you-over-21-dylan.png

Marcus: "Dude, you're a teen, you go to high school...bro...lots of teens there to get to know...and lots of potential dance crew members..."

Jade: "Marcus...what a great idea! Yes! Of course! Dylan, you have access to an untapped potential market right there...oh sorry, that's my business sense talking...but seriously...Dylan...you can have auditions and get the best dance crew to compete in this month's Dance-Off Contest..."

Dylan: "Hold on! Wait! I don't even know what you're talking about...and who are the Starlights?"

Jade smiled at him, "Oh sorry, Dylan. It's just...it's just so exciting to see someone your age with those dance moves. There is a teen dance crew category, and you are just too good not to enter. But you need a crew..."

Candy: "He's got a few weeks...and with the right crew and the right music..."

Jade: "....Exactly...! And to answer your question about the Starlights...they are just...um...another teen dance group...but they think they are "all that"...nobody to worry about really..."

what-do-you-think-weve-got-a-few-weeks.png

Paolo looked questioningly at Jade.

Dylan: "A dance crew? A competition? I really don't know anything about this. I mean I wouldn't know if someone was a good dancer or not..."

Marcus: "Dude, of course you don't...and that is where we're going to help you!"

Dylan: "You are?"

photo-with-palo.png

Paolo: "Jade should be the one to help him pick out the best dancers. If Dylan has Jade's help, he can ace the competition..."

if-you-have-jades-help-youre-a-shoe-in-to-win.png

There was much conversation between Jade, Paolo, Marcus and Candy, while Dylan just stood there looking a bit stunned.

you-want-me-to-go-against-the-champions.png

Jade: "It's settled then. Dylan, make up some flyers for an audition. We can hold them here. Just need to re-arrange a few things. I work until 5pm M-F, so it will have to be in the evening. But make it this week...the sooner the better. We may have to have two nights of auditions. Oh...and you'll have to come up with a name for your crew...something unique... So, does that work for you?"

you-know-you-should-hold-auditions-i-can-help.png

Dylan looked around at everyone smiling at him, "Yeah...I guess...I mean...do you really think I'm that good?"

what-do-you-think-dylan.png

Paolo: "Bro, with Jade helping you with the choreography, and Candy choosing the music...you are going to be great!"

youre-going-to-be-number-1-dylan.png

Marcus: "Plus...you'll have a chance at winning the grand prize, bro. How does $30K sound, and bragging rights for winning first place? Of course, the simoleons are split, but, hey..."

Candy: "Oh, hey...and costumes...they need costumes!"

Jade: "Well, once they pick their name...we can figure that one out...but I think I know someone who can handle that. She just started her own fashion line and she needs some exposure....I am super excited. Dylan, you're like my protégé! I'm psyched."

dylan-you-are-an-amazing-danger-and-i-was-only-asking-to-see-if-you-could-joing-our-crew.png

Candy: "Well I gotta run...have to do my shift down at the club..."

Marcus: "Yeah...and I have a personal training appointment at the gym, so I have to head off, too..."

They all suddenly had things to do, and as they were about to leave the house, Marcus pointed to the security chain on Dylan's front door.

hey-dylan-well-see-you-around-and-of-this-security-chain-in-your-door-you-should-tell-the-landlord-a.png

Marcus: "Dude, this chain is broken. You should call the landlord and get this fixed."

Dylan looked at the broken chain, "Yeah, sure, I will call them tomorrow..."

And they all waved goodbye and headed out the door. Dylan and Jade took a quick photo outside before she left.

dylan-and-jade-are-fast-friends.png

As Dylan closed the door behind them, he thought about everything that had happened during the visit.

Dylan thinking, "Wow! They want me to lead a dance crew...and enter a competition. They have more faith in me than I do. And a name...what kind of name would be good for a dance crew....?"

As Dylan stared at the broken chain, it suddenly came to him, "I've got it! The Chain Breakers! Oh that sounds awesome."

thats-what-his-group-was-going-to-be-called-the-chain-breakers.png

Dylan stood there smiling for a moment, and then headed off to the computer to create the audition flyer. But, the security chain wasn't the only thing breaking in the house, and Dylan heard water gushing in the bathroom, and had to repair the sink. Sheesh!

just-when-the-welcome-wagon-arrives-the-sink-breaks.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

aaron-in-the-hood-mon.png

@afai1261 Aaron spotted in the neighborhood chatting with a Maxis sim from the Get Together trailer (Polliana DeMure). She was a YA, but I aged her down to a teen.

selena-riding-her-bike.png

@lilypadmeulin Selena out riding her bike in the neighborhood.

The Windenburg School for the Arts, is a reference to last year's challenge. My challenge sim, Sakura was accepted into The Windenburg School for the Arts, on the recommendation of her teacher in Mt. Komorebi, due to her excellent piano skills. And that is why she moved to Windenburg.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb06.jpg
    February 6: As You Wish!

The forecast for today was snow. D.J. checked his plants and they looked to be coming along nicely.

dj-02-055.jpg

Because it was snowing, D.J. asks Caitlin if he could hang out at her place again. He had to work that evening, but he had a few hours to spare beforehand. At the Von Haunt Estate, D.J. learns something new about Caitlin. She could play the piano. She tells D.J. her parents forced it on her when she was a child. She continues to share that her life is pretty boring. She enjoyed their family trip to Mt. Komorebi. And most of all, meeting D.J. there. She tells him she dreams of them in the Onsen's hot springs some nights. D.J. didn't know what to say except to blush and smile at her.

dj-02-056.jpg

Caitlin gets up from the piano and goes up to D.J. Without warning, she gives him a kiss. Afterwards, it was her to blush this time. D.J. stood there in shock for a couple seconds. Then he smiles. He asks her how is it that she doesn't have a boyfriend. She tells him that everyone thinks she's a stuck up spoiled snob. She admits that she shows off she has simoleons with her clothing and other things she buys, but that doesn't make her what they label her as.

D.J. shows a sign of disappointment. Caitlin picks up on it and moves closer to D.J. again and grabs his hands. She asks, "Would YOU be my boyfriend?" D.J. raises an eyebrow with a smirk. "Sure!" He replies. "But no spending all your simoleons on me!" He continued with a chuckle. She agreed to his terms with a laugh back.

After they talked a little more, it was time for D.J. to head off to work.

dj-02-057.jpg
    dj-02-058.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited February 2022
    @permanentrose - Thank you for your help, but I am just not sure how to get the Imgur photos on the forums, so just waited until the site was up again. And, re your question on how long it takes to kill a sim with the vending machine. Well, it was afternoon when I started having Kirk start plugging those coins in, and he was one hardy sim. But, finally, after midnight...he plugged in his last simoleon. You have to get the moodlet with the crossed bandage on it to trigger the death. The only thing I don't like about this death is that there is no urn or gravestone. @LegacySims2017 - I was going to have Dylan carry around all his enemies' urns (yes, there will be more!), in his personal inventory to remind him of what he had done, but that didn't work too well. So, I will just place an urn from debug in there and pretend it's Kirk. But seriously, Dylan didn't really "kill" Kirk, the vending machine just accidentally fell on Kirk.

Kirk does show up in Dylan's relationship panel as a ghost, but, sadly, no urn.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 7: "You can't expect to be old and wise, if you were never young and crazy..."

YUo905Q.png

Notes
    KnQ6OqJ.png
    Cale and the girls arrived home to find their Mom had returned from her job in Newcrest. They told her how he'd been stranded on the island for weeks. Jules welcomed Cale to their home and said he could stay as long as he needed. She asked him to come sit by her.

Du1BCYR.png
    "I didn't know you were Robin's Mom, I met her at the Newcrest gym and I saw you teaching yoga there. You look way too young to be a Mom. I thought you were a teen too."

hojJd7L.png
    "Oh well, I'm flattered, but no, much older than that. Thank you though, very sweet of you to say that." Jules said with a big smile.
    "I mean it, if I didn't know better now, I'd think you were Robin and Gloria's sister."

EbswzSX.png
    "He's flirting with Mom, can you believe it?"
    "I believe it. You should know by now how charming he can be."
    "I do, but flirting with our Mom? She's so old."
    "She doesn't look it though, right?"
    "True. It's weird though, don't you think?"
    "Yeah, it's weird. But...whatever. Not like she'd ever let anything happen between them."
    "How do you know that, for sure? I mean, did you ever think we'd agree to what we did with him?"
    "Yeah, exactly."

8cSB1ZA.png
    "So Cale, how did you end up on the island with no way to leave? Did you have a boat that sank or something?"

webjpyA.png
    Cale told the story of his childhood and the fire, which led to his terrifying encounter with his Step-Dad and subsequent 'rescue gone wrong' with the lovely Spellcaster, Alessandra.

b0RZjU8.png
    He left them speechless, thinking about the life he'd been forced to live and the after effects as a result.
    "If I ever see that guy, I'll bite him and drain him dry! He doesn't deserve to live!" Gloria said with anger, hissing uncontrollably.

Cale wasn't naïve, he had figured out Gloria and Jules were vampires, he'd seen their teeth for one thing. He had always thought there was something special about Robin too, but she didn't have any fangs. Must be their Father wasn't an occult being, and she took after him.

cHaEG7D.png
    "Get in line Gloria, I'll kill him myself!"
    (Whoa! Really Mom?)

Robin just raised an eyebrow, looking at Gloria frown, trying to imply without words and thinking to herself. (I told you so. She likes him.)

However, whether she did or not remained to be seen. She wasn't heartless, even if it didn't beat anymore. Anyone would have to be made of stone to not be affected and feel compassion for Cale over his life to this point.

EhMjtjv.png
    Jules excused herself after that to make dinner for all of them, while Cale took a hot shower and cleaned up as best he could. He was looking forward to wearing clean clothes soon. Hopefully the ones he already owned weren't all destroyed in the fire. If they were, he'd have to buy an entire new wardrobe. But that was something to think about later. Right now, he was enjoying the delicious chicken stir fry Jules had made.

"Mmm, I don't know if you're an amazing cook or I'm just enjoying eating something other than fish and berries, but this is fantastic!"

VAEWETi.png
    "I love to cook too, especially with stuff from my....garden. Well that's gone now though."

ra4kQTq.png
    "You can grow another one Cale, and I'll help you get started if you like? We have a big garden and I'd be happy to give you some seeds to start a new one for yourself."

BBTjKyj.png
    "Thank you, that's so generous. I don't know how I'll ever repay you for being so good to me. I appreciate it."

4Gq9aw6.png
    "Maybe you'd let me cook you dinner one day, after I'm settled of course. It's not enough, but it would be a start."

Jules sat in a bit of a shock hearing Cale pretty much asking her on a date in the future. Perhaps she was over-reacting, it was just a dinner to pay her back, right? Judging by the big smile on the teen's face and the fact he'd been flirting with her since the girls brought him home, she didn't think he had just dinner in mind. He was cute, and very charming, but way too young. He should be flirting with her daughters. Time to shut him down, but how without implying she knew what he was suggesting. Or thought she did anyway.

"What a sweet offer Cale! The girls and I would love to have you make us dinner one day, right girls?"
    "Sure!" They said in unison.
    "Oh, well, of course I meant all of you."

zMjsuoH.png
    Cale offered to help Jules wash the dishes, but she said it wasn't necessary since they had a dishwasher. She shooed him and the girls to the living room where they played some video games and watched a movie until it was time for bed. Jules told Cale he could have her bed and she'd sleep on the couch or with the girls. But Cale refused, he said the couch would do just fine, more than fine. It would seem like the softest bed ever after sleeping on a rock bench.

9zVH4S2.png
    "Cale, Cale! Hey, wake up Cale." Gloria whispered and then walked over to give his shoulder a slight shake when he kept on sleeping.
    *snerk* "Hmm...huh? Wha... OH! Holy *beep*!"
    "Shhhhh! You'll wake my Mom!" Gloria whispered, grinning when Cale pulled her down on the couch and started kissing her neck.
    "Hey, much as I don't want to say this, slow down Tiger. I'm not here for...that. (dangit) Robin's waiting for you in our bedroom."
    "Robin? But, you're here now gorgeous, we could be quick?"
    "I would love that, but we're too close to Mom's bedroom, she'll hear us, it's too risky."
    "What's life without a little risk, am I right?" Cale winked and then gave her a kiss that almost made her change her mind, but she had a deal with her sister.
    "Later...I promise." Gloria whispered, pulling away and standing up, pointing toward the bedroom.
    "Okay, be back in a bit beautiful." Cale said and pinched Gloria's butt as he walked by. It made her squeal and they both froze for a moment.
    No sounds came from Jules' bedroom though, luckily. Gloria curled up on the couch while Cale went to the bedroom, and Robin, with a smirk on his face.

p87vCzM.png
    Cale opened and closed the bedroom door as quietly as possible. Robin smiled and beckoned him with a crook of her finger to join her on the bed. He didn't know what he expected, perhaps they'd chat for a bit, share some kisses and lead into anything else, but Robin had other ideas.

As soon as Cale was laying in a relaxed position, the same as herself, she pounced and began kissing him, her fingers busy working to unbuckle his belt.
    (Well someone sure is eager tonight.)
    (You love it!)
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)

2jLZiR2.png
    Q0eT04O.png
    A while later, Cale returned to the living room and woke up Gloria to send her back to the bedroom. He wasn't about to be with both of them tonight, no matter what kind of deal they had in mind. He was into the idea of having them both, but that was too far in his opinion. Gloria pouted a little, but she understood and was somewhat mollified with a few more kisses before she finally left.

rzYuk4v.png
    Jules slept soundly, totally oblivious to what was happening elsewhere in her house. The question was, would that continue? Or would the trio go too far, get too loud or something and end up getting caught?

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 7th: Harvest Fest

BbEQPWU.png
    I woke up to a cold cloudy morning and decided to go for a jog to warm up. As I was returning to my little cabin, I noticed something by the front door that hadn't been there before, a gnome statue. Than it hit me! Today must be Harvest Fest! I'd completely lost track of the time and wasn't prepared with offerings for them, which I know wouldn't end well. I went inside and took out a cup of coffee I'd gotten at the cafe for latter and poured a little in another cup. I knew from past experience that most of the gnomes liked coffee, and I hoped this was one of them. I placed the cup before it, and it accepted my offering! Yes!
    Qya6H4j.png
    There was another one by the temporary mailbox I'd set up, so I brought it some coffee too, but my luck had run out. The gnome was not pleased and I knew that this wasn't going to end well for for my plumbing if I didn't appease it.
    TGRdTRy.png
    I begged for mercy and for a second I thought I'd gained it, but then I felt a crackle of electricity and before I could even say "Oh no", I was struck by a lightning bolt, ouch!
    taYKmwF.png
    I'd had enough from this gnome so I locked it away in my inventory and figured I'd deal with it later. I checked my phone and noticed that Kaori had texted me asking me to come celebrate Caroline's 1st birthday! I texted her back that I'd be on the next train over, and ran for the ferry. Back in Mt Komorebi, I knocked on their front door and was welcomed in by Kaori. I gave her a big hug and asked her where Caroline was.
    nXdM5BH.png
    She pointed me upstairs and there she was, already walking! Man kids grow up fast! I gave her a hug and told her how much I loved her.
    RWLB9hT.png
    I brought her downstairs and set her on the couch before offering to make the Nishidakes a traditional Harvest Fest dinner. I'd never attempted such a feat, but all my time spent making fruit salads had prepared me for this moment! I asked Kaori if she'd like to help, and even though she told me she hated cooking, she agreed if it meant we got to spend some time together. Even little Caroline got in on the action, breaking into all the cabinets and playing with the pots and pans.
    PHi1l9R.png
    Finally the moment of truth was at hand, dinner time! I set the turkey of the table and called everyone to eat.
    r9SVLPx.png
    We all sat down (even Caroline, there's a benefit to having short tables) and dug in. I nervously watched as Kaori's grandparents took there first bite, wondering if I could impress them with my cooking skills. And... they smiled and seemed to enjoy it!
    5tcFecE.png
    I relaxed a little and we all chatted while we ate. I told them a little about what I was doing in Windenburg and and the people I'd met. After dinner I helped clean up the dishes before bring out the presents. I gave Caroline a rubber duck, and even though she didn't seem to appreciate it, I caught her cuddling it when she thought I wasn't looking.
    W38N6PX.png
    QglfNor.png
    To Kaori I gave a toddler bed and training potty I'd gotten for Caroline. The little tike was super wired after all the excitement, so I play wrestled with her to get some of her wiggles out.
    TFuEXRa.png
    As evening set in I asked Kaori if she's like to go on a walk on the hiking trails just like old times, and she smiled and said she'd grab her coat.
    oovYoGW.png
    It was nice to be alone with her again, and we talked a little more intimately about our plans and what we'd been up to while away from one another. As we finished our walk it began to downpour, and without warning Kaori pulled me in for a kiss.
    jpr7JAw.png
    "I'll see you soon" she whispered before we parted ways.
    @permanentrose
    I thought perhaps you'd enjoy Jules' daughters were Cale's rescuers. ;) Since I got your permission she could have a baby with Cale, this is just set-up for that later in the year. I could make her interested in girls after that if you wish? No, Gloria isn't on the Gallery. But I can upload her for you next time in game. I'll give you a link when I do. :) Cale will go back to Mt. Komorebi, but only to check out his house and get his stuff from Essa. I'll build him a house after that in Windenburg. Most likely on the island, not sure yet. Ohh, I never noticed that fish tank before, very cool! Thanks for letting me know! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Glad DJ is beginning to plant his garden now. In and out of the greenhouse. Cool idea having DJ write a book about his experiences in Mt. Komorebi. Great club meeting with the new handshake, and I like that he and Adam are good friends now.

Yay! It's about time! So happy for DJ and Caitlin becoming a couple! Congrats you two! :)

@SoulGal7
    Oh cool, Dylan's going to have another dance club! Haven't decided what Cale will do yet. Was thinking maybe a gardening club. Funny how he thought Jade was coming on to him at first. hehe Great time they all had. Now that's the kind of Welcoming Committee I wouldn't cancel and send home. hehe I love how he took selfies with everyone too. :) Fun how he ended up choosing his club name too. hehe Way to make lemonade out of lemons Dylan! :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Karababy52
    I'm loving your set up for your 100 baby challenge - didn't mean to make it seem like I was upset about Robin being into guys in your game or anything! I'm totally fine with her being with whoever in your game, now and later, I was just noting how it was very different from mine at the moment haha. Really, do what you want with her, I don't mind :) And it will be super fun to see how different his kids look with all three of those ladies haha. Love that Jules is getting a bit flirty with him too ;) She might not approve of the shenanigans happening in her house though, so it's probably best they were quiet haha. Glad Gloria and Robin are happy to share for now :joy: Cale's eventually gonna get himself into trouble with all those jealous ladies though. I can't wait to see any drama that might ensue with that...

@LegacySims2017
    Cool idea to have DJ write a book about his adventures in Mt. Komorebi! It's so like you to fit every detail into your story, I love it. I'm loving his yoga club too. It's making me wish I had that pack.

Aw, what a cute moment with Caitlin! Do you think she's someone DJ will end up with in the long run, or is she just a fun fling for now? Either way, their romance is cute. I bet she could serenade him with that piano to haha.

@RememberJoy Caroline aged up so cute!

@SoulGal7
    Always fun to see all the premades in your game - you always include them in your story so well! Love that it looks like Dylan is gonna join a dance club - makes me remember how much fun you had with Sakura's club last year and all the challenge sims who joined! Thanks for your explanation about the vending machine death too!

@Shadami Yay, I'm glad you finally got the Mountain Excursion working!

@afai1261
    Thanks for your explanation about your hybrids and occults! You have such a cool cast of sims in your game :) Love how cuter Aaron and Hunter are together. That closet woohoo is just the best ;) And Elle is just so gorgeous. I love all the hot lady sims though LOL, I definitely have a weakness for the ladies ;) Morgan really is in your game all the time haha. Blue Zulpo is a super cool creation too! Love that you have a lot of queer sims in your game too <3 Also it's fun to see you having so much fun with the paranormal pack! Have you tried heroic mode yet?
    February 7th Comments:

@Karababy52
    (Revisiting your February 6 daily image!)
    I was laughing at the kissing competition between Gloria and Robin. Good thinking on Cale's part with a stalemate.
    I would think that would be awkward between Gloria and Robin sharing Cale. :lol: But I guess they like the competition of who's better with him. The real awkwardness will be when "mom" is part of this. :joy:
    Expect to see more books written by D.J. This is just the beginning. :smile: I'm hoping D.J. will be friends with ALL the Challenge Sims. Am slowly working them in. I have other worldly plans for some of them. Kind of watching how y'all play your gameplay and stories out to insert them into mine. @RememberJoy 's Adam is the first.

@permanentrose
    I love the all-female group. Disco Dreamers isn't all that bad. Especially if they're gonna groove like that on the dance floor.
    D.J. will be writing more books as time goes on. This is just the first. :smile: I'm hoping that D.J. can be friends in some fashion with all the Challenge Sims. I figured out how with @RememberJoy 's Adam. I remember telling you in a previous comment about having Robin in Sulani. I do have a story arc planned when it's time for D.J. to head there. If he sees Robin before that, it'll be autonomously, but will add it and then incorporate it into the story arc for the Sulani month. With regards to Caitlin, I'm not going to spoil anything for you. I've put my own plans in motion with these two. If you do want a hint, I'm going to ask you to refer back to Caitlin's Aspiration when the two first met. That is a big spoiler, though. But it will still leave a mystery for you to wait for. :wink:

@afai1261
    Aaron and Hunter keep getting cuter and cuter together. I liked the closet scene. :blush: Just so you're aware, Hunter is a Young Adult as Aaron is still a Teenager in my gameplay. In my gameplay, once a Sim becomes a vampire, they don't age up. And I won't force an aging up for vampires, either. My only exception is birthed vampires. Once they reach teenage status, they won't age. I think I might play on the Twilight idea that turning a toddler or child is illegal in the vampire world.

@Shadami
    I liked how D.J. changed winterwear midway through the climb. :lol: Hopefully these two meet up in Windenburg. :wink:

@SoulGal7
    Aww, Dylan's going to lead a dance crew. I like that name, "Chain Breakers".
    You should make Kirk's ghost permanent and as needed/wanted, place him in Dylan's household when necessary and act as if he's haunting Dylan. That could be another way of Dylan having to remember.

@RememberJoy
    Was fun seeing Adam and Kaori together. Caroline is cute as a toddler.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    February 8
    KB3NYFjG_o.jpg
    It was a Saturday, the day following their date at the Discotheque Pan Europa, which had begun wonderfully but had ended with yet another panic attack at the appearance of Hunter's uncle, and Aaron arranged to meet Adonis and Melissa at the Bluffs. He had loved the nightclub, but it had taken far longer than it should have for Hunter to reassure him that his uncle wouldn't be following them around everywhere anymore. Especially after the earful that Elle had given him.

"How did you like the discotheque?" Melissa asked Hunter when they arrived at the Bluffs. Aaron had gone off seeking the pool already, perhaps needing to process things away from others but with the comfort of knowing they would be there for him, watching from afar.
    YNhyiOF.png
    "It was good," Hunter began, glancing over at the pool. He sighed. "Until it was rudely interrupted. We did make out in the closet though." She laughed, then quickly turned serious again. "Forgive me for asking, but what was the interruption?"
    "Sensory overload," Hunter answered almost automatically - it was not a complete lie, as he had seen it in Aaron before, of course most recently in the cafe. But then, it wasn't the complete truth either... They still hadn't told Adonis and Melissa their real reason for leaving Mount Komorebi, and he wasn't sure if Aaron felt comfortable sharing it either. Melissa nodded in sympathy.
    A6Spm3A.png
    Well, Hunter supposed, maybe it was a combination of that plus seeing uncle Morgan that set Aaron off...

Aaron sat on the pool edge next to Adonis, who was smiling at his phone.
    bbOPCG2.png
    He had calmed down considerably since last night and it was nice, sitting here with a friend in companionable silence.
    "So, you think I'm hot?" Adonis asked suddenly, and Aaron blinked. It had been so out of the blue.
    "You're very good looking, yes," he said. "But Hunter is hotter."
    "I can accept that," Adonis said. "He is very handsome." There was a twinge of sadness in his voice. "Vampires always are..." He paused for a moment, and added, "You're lucky to have someone like him."
    "You'll find someone," Aaron blurted out. Where had that come from? Then, inexplicably, he continued speaking. "Need a guy, gal or... non-binary pal?"
    Adonis let out an amused snort. "I don't even know at this point."
    Aaron knew that feeling. All too well. He'd felt it with his own sexuality, heck even his gender identity until he'd figured himself out. It hadn't been easy. "If that isn't me," he settled on saying, laughing slightly. Adonis shrugged.
    "It just takes a while," Aaron added. "You'll be fine, dude."
    WWzv1ux.png

The specters were angry that night. Or one of them was, at least.
    t7rzgpi.png

Guidry was still his very flirty self, having discussions with Yoshi in the study while Hunter raced around getting rid of the mysterious markings popping up all over the house.
    FHpdmbz.png
    UK4sB1z.png

Yoshi went out to explore the island and dug up a small box, looking very pleased with himself.
    q9tP1om.png
    njH6lld.png

Hunter had resolved to keep up his fitness since leaving Mount Komorebi, but had never had a chance to check out the gym and so headed there on Sunday morning to check it out. He wondered if there were any fitness clubs in Windenburg and if there were, if he should join one. Maybe he could convince Aaron to join too. The only problem was that there wasn't a climbing wall. Aaron had been addicted to that thing in Mount Komorebi and if they were to ever climb the mountain again they would definitely need to brush up on their rock climbing skills.
    He arrived at the gym in Lykke Center and wasn't surprised to see a group of paparazzi and fans screaming about some celebrity.
    s3casWf.png

What did surprise him was that said celebrity was his mother.
    g7S7K1F.png
    There was a perfectly good gym in San Myshuno, why didn't she go there? He wasn't complaining though - after weeks of never seeing her, he was somewhat glad that she was making an effort to see him. But did she have to be so creepy about it?

She finally realised he was there when he made his way to the treadmills.
    86vm3id.png

"Oh come on mum, no one likes that, really..."
    oZ0lyhi.png

He was fatigued after his workout and texted Aaron to meet him at Bathe De Rill. He pulled Aaron into a kiss when they both arrived.
    7bTXCTi.png

After they both swam around for a bit, Aaron pulled out his soccer ball.
    v8nTKvW.png

And Hunter accidentally kicked it into Aaron's face.
    FUsLjvI.png

"Sorry!"
    q7yXBXu.png

Aaron looked at him wearily. "Thanks, babe."
    punkYhg.png

They went to the park briefly then headed home.
    fddwMBV.png

Hunter was very pleasantly surprised to see yet another of his family members. Starkly different to seeing Jabari, he reflected, but he didn't think it was weird anymore and greeted his brother with a smile and a "Hey, Ezra."
    7vg0vFY.png

Ezra didn't return his smile, and Hunter frowned. Oh. Maybe it was the specters that were making him uncomfortable...
    Rpq97bj.png

"They're fine, bro," he tried to reassure him, but then Guidry said something... odd. And a little foreboding...
    hl6kV6p.png

Extras:
    Aaron has the autographs of TWO celebrities now :smiley:
    Q0Gu8fr.png

Also spotted at the gym: Judith Ward, who apparently hates Elle lol
    LSvG8I9.png
    QpPgZdr.png

Aldo made an appearance at the park :)
    khEYeZD.png

And so did Bryon!
    jnEoXU5.png

Guidry chats up a specter. Said specter is not impressed :D
    H2A10Zw.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Karababy52
    Feb 6: I love that Robin and Gloria found Cale! Of course he had to be totally naked though :joy: Lol looks like that prediction of meeting cute guys came true ;)
    Hehehe I'm not surprised Cale jumped at the chance to have both :D
    I love Robin's reaction to him kissing Gloria lol
    Robin and Gloria's sisterly dynamic is great!
    "I think you should stay with us for a couple days and kiss us both a lot" WOW I don't think Cale will be turning THAT down ;);)
    And now he knows where he is and can tell L., perfect!

Feb 7: And now Cale is putting the flirt on Jules, no surprises there lol.
    Wow this is very, um, *fans self* that outfit on Gloria though, wow

@permanentrose
    Feb 7: Great group photo of the club!
    Oof poor Robin being snacked on!
    Captain Fishbones! I had Aaron mount the first one of those he caught, maybe I should get him a fishbowl :D
    Hah if you think Disco Dreamers isn't a great club name, wait till I reveal the actual name of Aaron's club :joy:
    All of the club members look awesome! Skylar looks so much like Morgan, I don't blame Robin for being attracted to her ;) (I don't know if I said this before but Morgan (next to Elle actually) is my favourite premade lol)

@Shadami
    Feb 4: Ah, of course she did the climb with DJ! Aww the love they have for each other is super adorable.
    And I love how they encouraged each other on each area of the mountain (well, DJ encouraged her mostly but still) <3 Oh yeah and the kissing each time they reached the top of a wall, I had Aaron and Hunter do that too lol

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 5: Good to see DJ's garden coming along!
    Oh and that's cool that the librarian took an interest in his story and wants to help give it some publicity!
    I'm glad that the club members liked his idea of the secret handshake haha.

Feb 6: Ah finally Caitlin makes her move... but based on what her aspiration is she's probably going to break DJ's heart...

@SoulGal7
    Feb 3: Nice to see Dylan meet his neighbours :)
    And cool that Candy is going to teach him how to DJ!
    Ooh, a dance crew! Awesome! Wonder who he'll recruit!
    Aww hello Aaron (and Selena)! Is Polliana going to be one of Dylan's 100 baes? ;)

@RememberJoy
    Feb 7: Oof, those gnomes can be vicious!
    Caroline is super cute! And I'm so glad the Harvestfest meal went well for Adam and that Kaori's grandparents liked it :)
    That picture of Adam giving Caroline her present makes my heart melt <3
    Just adorable all round.
    February 8

sv6vKdV.jpg
    Sinead called Robin and told her the Disco Dreamers were meeting at the Narwhal Arms instead this evening, so she arrived and they danced for a bit. Not sure why Piper is MIA. It wasn't an official club gathering though - just one of those "hang out with club friends" events.
    J08CvyK.jpg

Robin was feeling a bit off though, so she excused herself, taking a moment to compose herself. Though she had been having fun with Sinead, her mind kept slipping into memories of Aimi, and it made her heart feel raw again.
    DBRYyLd.jpg

"You okay?" Robin looked up to see Skylar beside her.
    Robin shrugged. "Just feeling a bit off. Needed to get away for a bit."
    "If you don't mind some company, I know the perfect place..."
    CStjXGG.jpg

(Okay, but really, what is it with everyone's mom checking in while Robin is hanging out with their daughters? :D Here's my elder version of Yuki Behr.)
    flI3RaG.jpg

Robin was open to the idea, and her spirits lifted at the prospect of a small adventure.
    ZNHKxfC.jpg

Skylar led her toward a large, metal gate, noticing that the lock had come unhinged, giving them easy access to a set of tunnels.
    rDVtntF.png

When they emerged, Robin stood breathless for a moment, in awe of the ruins surrounding them.
    86b8WoP.jpg

"This place is amazing," Robin breathed.
    q6jO7Jr.jpg

"It really does take your breath away, right?" Skylar replied, a slightly flirtatious note in her tone.
    EjlV1Di.jpg

Overcome by the moment, and desperate to erase the feeling of heart break that had risen in her chest, Robin spontaneously leaned forward to kiss Skylar.
    fzGRVU5.jpg
    TR7NijD.jpg

"I -" Robin started, but Skylar leaned in, pulling her closer.
    OFNhkpy.jpg

And one thing led to another...
    1rCs1Kt.jpg
    KM9PXMw.jpg

LOL, Hunter does not look amused by these shenanigans :D@afai1261
    An01nxX.jpg

MNiive4.jpg
    AA0LU32.jpg

But, back at home, her heart began to ache a bit again. "What am I doing, Pepper? I barely recognize myself these days..."
    VJKW7so.png

--
    While this is all some set up to do the serial romantic aspiration, I'm also just testing Robin's compatibility with some new prospects, just to kind of see who I might want her to end up with, since I have several options :)
    @permanentrose
    Oh, hey, no worries! I didn't think you were upset about Robin liking guys in my game. :) I am SO looking forward to actually beginning the 100 Baby part of this challenge and seeing how all the babies turn out! It'll be interesting for sure! I'm sure Jules would be very upset if she knew what was going on. Hopefully she doesn't find out. o.O Oh yeah, hehe there is sure to be lots of drama for Cale and his ladies in the future. ;)

Understandable Robin's feeling a bit down and confused about her life right now. I'm surprised Cale hasn't had some of the same thoughts from being with so many girls. Funny how Hunter showed up at the Ruins to frown at them in the bush. hehe Love the Ruins though and I still haven't tried using that tunnel to get there yet. Nice find last year by the way!

@LegacySims2017
    hehe Yeah, Cale is pretty cagey when it comes to getting some lovin'! Oh boy, yeah, talk about awkward! All three pregnant with his babies? Recipe for disaster! HAHA! Ah, cool, I figured DJ would write more than one. Very cool you'll base them on how we play our challenge Sims. Love that he'll be friends, hopefully, with all the challenge Sims. :)

@afai1261
    Love the daily post pic, Yoshi looks so cute sitting there with the feathers. Love the first pic of Aaron swimming too! He looks happy. :) Great convos between Hunter/Melissa and Aaron/Adonis. I hope Adonis does figure out his identity soon and meet someone to love. He deserves it, just like Aaron. Goodness, Aaron is SO ripped now! o.O

Oh boy, is the house in 'Hero' mode now? I've only tried playing with the pack features a couple times and those angry ghosties are freaky! Oh, Hello again Elle! Is she going to show up everywhere now too? hehe Gah! Bummer Hunter kicked the ball in Aaron's face. He looks so shocked about it. hehe Oh cool, another brother makes his appearance known. The name sounds familiar, but not sure I've ever seen him before.

Uh oh, prepare for chaos! I hope she doesn't destroy their home. o.O Quick! Do a séance and summon Bonehilda, she'll kick her butt for them! hehe Ooo, maybe he'll get Judith's autograph too! Nice seeing more challenge Sims in your update. :)

HAHA! But of course he was naked, it's his favorite way to relax and hang out! ;) Nope, no way would he turn down that kind of invitation. They are very chill for sisters eh? I think Cale was mostly doing the flirting with Jules, but she seemed very flattered by it. ;) Yep, now that L. knows where he is, she could transportalate him home at any time. But of course he's taking a bit of time to 'celebrate' first. That corset paired with the silk stockings with the seam in the back is my favorite 'sleepwear' in the game! Although, my ladies that wear it usually don't get much sleep. ;)

*Everyone - If the new My Wedding Stories gamepack comes with any aspirations, I might switch out one of the already scheduled worlds in my challenge gameplay for it. I don't know about any of you, but I'm very excited for this pack! I'm so, so happy they're bringing back slow dancing for one thing, and extremely pleased with another beach world too! Your choice, of course, whether you do the same for your challenge gameplay, but wanted to let every know it's an option I'll be contemplating for mine. :)

I'll post today's update later tonight, of course. One more day (maybe) with Jules and her girls and then Cale will tie things up in Mt. Komorebi then I'll build him a new home in Windenburg and finally start working on the aspiration. :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »

*Everyone - If the new My Wedding Stories gamepack comes with any aspirations, I might switch out one of the already scheduled worlds in my challenge gameplay for it. I don't know about any of you, but I'm very excited for this pack! I'm so, so happy they're bringing back slow dancing for one thing, and extremely pleased with another beach world too! Your choice, of course, whether you do the same for your challenge gameplay, but wanted to let every know it's an option I'll be contemplating for mine. :)

Imagine a wedding themed aspiration like “wedding planner”. Can you imagine Cale planning a wedding? :joy:

I would like to see a Photography type Aspiration to go with the skill.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Karababy52 I didn't even realize there was a new pack coming out :D I literally only come to this thread on the forums these days. I'll have to check that out! I may or not buy the new pack - I'm always on the fence about that for a bit, but either way, I have plenty of worlds now to make this challenge work even if I deviate a bit from you guys :)
    @Karababy52 - Oh my gosh! I just watched the trailer for the new My Wedding Stories...I about died when the song "At Last" by Etta James came on...wow! But it is super beautiful...with flower girls and ring bearers...and slow dancing...and bouquets to throw.! Yes! I think I teared up when I saw this trailer. Yep, it's that romantic in me.... :)
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52 I didn't even realize there was a new pack coming out :D I literally only come to this thread on the forums these days. I'll have to check that out! I may or not buy the new pack - I'm always on the fence about that for a bit, but either way, I have plenty of worlds now to make this challenge work even if I deviate a bit from you guys :)

I honestly didn't know about it until @Karababy52 just mentioned it. And it comes out in just a week (I previously said a few days...that's the Youtube and Twitter chat from EA/Maxis). :lol: I just recently bought the latest Kit. I'm a sucker and have to buy these things when they come out rather than wait until they go on sale...sadly, sometimes I don't even put them to use. I just buy them cause they have nice CAS things and the such. But finding this Challenge, allows me to play with all the packs sooner than later. Like @Karababy52 ... I'll switch out a World if there's an Aspiration to go with the Pack. I'm thinking Forgotten Hollow. As much as I like vampires, I want to have D.J. be...
    ...a spellcaster/merman hybrid. I found the Mod discussed here that allows that.
    I'll just have to find a way to get @afai1261 's Aaron into my gameplay. Was going to fit him into a story arc with D.J. during the Forgotten Hollow month.

SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Karababy52 - Oh my gosh! I just watched the trailer for the new My Wedding Stories...I about died when the song "At Last" by Etta James came on...wow! But it is super beautiful...with flower girls and ring bearers...and slow dancing...and bouquets to throw.! Yes! I think I teared up when I saw this trailer. Yep, it's that romantic in me.... :)

Not to go off-topic too much, but I picture that Pack being used for your Bachelor Challenge finale you have on hiatus. Back on topic...
    ...Dylan and Kaori reunite and after the big showdown between Dylan and the bad guys...Dylan and Kaori plan the perfect wedding! :blush:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Feb 5th - Snowboarding Days
    UnfWTjy.png

I'm going to be making some comments soon hopefully, I'm still a little behind. Page 26 for comments I think actually ^^;; Tomorrow is the last day I meant to be in Mount komorebi, so I'm hoping to do some playing and catch up here quickly. xD
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 8th: Dance party at the Bluffs

OWotExf.png
    Friday morning dawned bright and clear as I headed into town looking for breakfast. I bought some cobbler and ran into Moira and Marcus and we chatted for a bit. I've got to be honest though, the way Wolfgang described him, I wasn't expecting the cat hat.
    sKDlbwn.png
    I was in need of some extra money, so I went to the pool and lead a seniors yoga session and even received a tip at the end.
    NPZzcbp.png
    I spent some time swimming before calling together our club members for an afternoon gathering. I led an energy centering session with some of my members while others meditated on their own.
    SmX8J46.png
    I than sat down with Morgan and had a nice friendly chat until I ended our meeting. As everyone was leaving, Sofia ran up to me and said there was a dance party going on at the Bluffs, and I had to go in order to get the full Windenburg experience. We grabbed some of the other teens hanging around and were off! When we arrived, we joined with a group that was already there dancing.
    DDsreor.png
    Morgan was feeling energized from our yoga session and she dared me to jump into the hot springs nearby even though it was freezing out. Of course I couldn't back down from such a dare, so Morgan gathered our little group over to watch me as I stripped down to my shorts and jumped in.
    670PnFc.png
    Brrr, even though the water was warmish, the cold air instantly started to freeze my wet hair.
    uzKbWrO.png
    I got out, pulled on my clothes, and suggested we go over to the bon fire burning nearby so that I could warm up and dry out. We gathered around and started dancing to the distant music, we even had a couple guys come over and fire dance for us.
    yOZ3N5T.png
    By this time I was feeling famished, so I went over and bought a pretzel from the bar someone had set up; these Windenburgians really know how to throw a party!
    Qp5J8OB.png
    Soon the early light of dawn crept over the horizon and the party goers started leaving. I said goodnight to my friends, crept over the sandbar, and headed home.

Feb 4 - BFF's Forever!

snowing-in-windenburg.png
    When Dylan came home from school, it had started to snow. He knew the weather would change, but he just didn't know it would happen so soon. He was thankful that he had decided to rent a house.

it-was-snowing.png

Dylan had invited a friend over from school, Wolfgang Munch. He didn't really know him too well, but Wolfgang seemed like a cool guy. Wolfgang had also expressed an interest in the dance crew auditions when Dylan had been putting up the flyers.

wolfgang-came-over-for-a-visit.png

They seemed to hit it off right away and Dylan felt really comfortable chatting with Wolfgang.

teens-always-on-their-phones.png

They even had some things in common...yep...both obsessed with their phones.

have-you-heard-of-the-dance-competition-thats-coming-up.png

Wolfgang looked around: "You live here alone? Wow! You've got a nice set-up."

Dylan: "Thanks. I think I lucked out with the rental and I have some really fab neighbors."

Wolfgang: "Yeah you sure do. Jade Rosa? She's like a celebrity in this town. And Candy Behr? Wow! She's the hottest DJ around...."

thanks-for-stopping-by-worlfgang.png

Dylan: "Yeah, so I heard. I really have no idea why Jade has an interest in me...like...to form a dance crew..."

Wolfgang: "Oh well, that's an easy one. She knows talent when she sees it!" and they both laughed.

well-oput-up-some-flyers-at-shool-when-are-the-auditions.png

Dylan: "So Wolfgang...you like to dance? Do you think you might want to audition for my dance crew? I came up with a name for the crew which I think is rather cool...the Chain Breakers...what do you think?"

Wolfgang: "Oh, that's a cool name. I was kind of thinking about it...but to be honest, I belong to this other club...and, well, I don't want to give your dance crew a bad rep...like, if I make it in..."

Dylan looked confused, "What do you mean? What kind of club are you in?"

Wolfgang looked Dylan straight in the eye, "It's called the Renegades, and sims always think of us as trouble makers. Anyway, I got involved in it when my...when my Dad passed away. I was kind of angry at the world, and it seemed a good place to sort of vent my feelings..." Wolfgang shook his head, "...Ah man...I really don't know why I told you that..."

Dylan: "Sorry, about your Dad, Wolfgang..."

Wolfgang nodded, "Thanks...so, yeah...I've got kind of a bad rep, I guess..."

now-im-really-psyched.png

Dylan: "I totally understand how you're feeling. My father...,my father died in a...in a car accident...and my mother left when I was a baby. I really had nowhere to go, so I ran away from home. My past...well, it's not the best...and I've done some things that I'm not proud of...oh geez...I've only ever told one other person about this...and not even as much as I've told you..."

Wolfgang: "Ah bro, that sounds real tragic, and sorry about your father, too."

Dylan nodded his head and they were both silent for a moment.

swofia-um-no-she-cant-join-shes-aleady-in-luna-group.png

Wolfgang: "You know, Dylan...I think that's why we connected so well in school. Because we're like two peas in a pod, but we didn't know it. And, the truth is, I haven't been happy in the Renegades for awhile now...there needs to be some changes...but our Leader is just content to keep things going as they are. Anyway, when I saw that poster, I just wanted to do something different...you know...be someone different...and I really like music...and...heck...dancing is in my bones!" he said laughing.

i-can-look-after-the-music-wolf.png

Dylan felt really good talking with Wolfgang, "You know, Wolfgang...Jade told me that if I met someone who I thought was a good fit with the dance crew that I should just sign them on. Would you...would you like to help me with the dance crew? I can really relate to stuff you're saying...and I don't know if I can handle all of this by myself. It would be like we were Team Captains..."

Wolfgang: "Wow! You want me to be a Team Captain with you?"

ok-deal-see-you-later-dylan.png

Dylan: "Yeah. I was thinking we could...you know...throw some ideas around and come up with a plan...together...I mean...if you want to...if you're not too busy or anything..."

Wolfgang: "Well, other than the Renegades, it's just school and Scouts on the weekend...and this other chess club...."

Dylan: "You're a Scout? So am I!"

Wolfgang smiled at Dylan: "Are you sure we're not really twins and were separated at birth? Because, bro...we are like clones of each other. Glad that happened, though, because...well...I don't really get on too well with a lot of sims..."

Dylan: "Yeah...glad you came over, too...and, I don't really know any teens here..." and then he perked up, "But, hey. we can be friends...like best buds...what do you think?"

Wolfgang smiled, "Dude, you know, you're alright...for a BAD BOY, that is!"

bffs.png

[Dylan and Wolfgang become BFFs, and Dylan completes the Friend of the World Aspiration. Woot!]

friend-of-the-world-asp-done.png

They both laughed and gave each other a hug, and Wolfgang said he would be at the dance crew audition on Friday. As they walked to the door together, Wolfgang turned to Dylan.

cpunt-me-in-bro.png

Wolfgang: "Dylan...bro...thanks for inviting me over. With Jade Rosa as your mentor, and you and I as Team Captains, we are going to have the baddest dance crew Windenburg has ever seen! Woot! I am super psyched about this! See ya at school..."~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After Wolfgang left, Dylan switched on the stereo and practiced some dance moves.

dylan-practiced-all-the-moves-that-jade-taught-him.png

Oof! It's a good thing that Jade wasn't here to see that. Perhaps the Dance Crew Captain needed more practice. Um...yah...

and-sometimes-he-didnt-do-too-well.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I stayed with the same backstory for Wolfgang as I had created last year. Basically, his father died when Wolfgang was a pre-teen, and because of this, Wolfgang was upset, angry and mad at the world, and that is why he joined the Renegades. I thought that Wolfgang would be a perfect friend for Dylan, as they really are very similar. Both are "bad boys".

bff-with-wolfgang.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

caution-kaori-alert.png

Forgot to add this "behind the scenes" photo in the last up-date. As the last of the welcome wagon departed, yes, this happened. Kaori actually travelled to Windenburg, and came to Dylan's door! I was surprised. I had the "ahh" moment, and had Dylan secretly kiss her and then send her home. lol This was a shock because last year, my challenge sim's boyfriend was Kiyoshi, and he never, ever travelled to Windenburg to see her. He called, but that doesn't count. Of course, he was supposed to be at the Olympic Training Camp, but he never came for a secret visit. Sakura fell in love with Wolfgang Munch, who was her true soulmate anyway. So, yeah, kudos to Kaori for missing Dylan and making the trip to see him.
    @LegacySims2017 I totally want to check out that mod for spellcaster/mermaid hybrids! It would be nice not to take away Robin's current occult form. Can you link me? Thanks!

Also, other comments will be coming tomorrow. I'm taking a mental health day and staying home from school tomorrow so I'll get all caught up then :)
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    I’m off from work tomorrow so I will catch up majority of the days
    February - Day 8: "Risk is the price you pay for opportunity..."

4wo0vgC.png

Notes
    vrAb5So.png
    The next day, Jules had work and the girls left for a Drama club meeting that was supposed to last until Jules returned from work in the early afternoon. However, Gloria never actually went to the meeting, she told Robin to go ahead without her, she was going to be with Cale. The two of them had planned their tryst last night after he'd been with Robin.

Cale was waiting for her by the patio door leading to Jules' bedroom. The two eager teens could hardly wait to get their hands on each other. Stepping inside the door, Gloria kissed Cale while gradually walking backwards toward the bed. But Cale had other ideas. He didn't want to mess up Jules' bed. He promised Gloria he could show her a good time in the closet just as much as in bed.

p9xFpCk.png
    5vexhnr.png
    (Whoa! Robin was right! I can barely stand now. Whew! How'd he get so good?)
    (Lots of practice, D'uh!)

kQBvmg8.png
    "Are you sure you don't want to try the bed? We have all day. We could fix it up...after."
    "Hmm, what about your bed instead?"
    "It's naughtier doing it in her bed, don't you think, Tiger?"
    "I said it before, but I'll say it again, I like the way you think gorgeous. I adore naughty girls."
    "Mmm, you haven't seen just how naughty I can be, yet. You'll never want anyone but me again."
    "Actions speak louder than words Babe, show me..."

kYoJUV2.png
    VfuDupr.png
    "Mmm, Oh God! Oh Cale! Oh my GAWD! Yes! Yes! Oooo, a little...lower...yes, right...there...Yes YESSSSSS!"

tnCduro.png
    "WHAT THE...? STOP IT! RIGHT NOW!"
    "Oh Dang..."
    "Fudge! That's my Mom!"
    "What's she doing home?"
    "Catching YOU two, that's what! Get.dressed! Living.room! NOW!"

Jules turned on her heel and left the bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

"Uh, I think she's a little upset."
    "Pfft, ya think?!"

zCzQcfz.png
    "Dangit! We should've waited until tonight, when she was sleeping."
    "Yeah, well, it's a little too late for that now isn't it?"
    "What are you mad at me for?"
    "I'm not, just frustrated."
    "You're frustrated? What about me? I didn't even get to--"
    "I know! I know! Okay? I'm sorry... we better go get this over with."

LuMCGRR.png
    "What have you got to say for yourself Cale? Hmm?"

jgvREx4.png
    "I let you stay in my home and this is how you repay me?"
    "I'm so sorry Mrs. Straud."
    "Don't call me that! Call me Jules. I'm NOT Mrs. Straud anymore. UGH! What am I saying?"

19zIiQI.png
    "How could you? How COULD you take advantage of my daughter like that?"

Phg0xEK.png
    "What if she gets pregnant? Did you even think about that? Huh?"
    "Yeah, we...used protec--"
    "Fine, good, whatever, that's just lovely. At least you were smart enough to think of that. Gawd! I'm so mad I could, I could...GAH! I don't know! I'm so angry I can't think straight."
    "Maybe you should calm down then Mom. It's not that big of a deal."

mhucSTu.png
    "How DARE you say that to me? Yes it is a big deal. Just be quiet, I'll deal with you later. Don't interrupt me when I'm talking, understand?"

ADi7tIq.png
    "Gawd! Why didn't we wait until you were sleeping like last night."
    "Last night? What? You did it last night TOO?"

"Gloria--"

0hdsycE.png
    "No, we didn't, he was with Robin last night."
    "Great. Way to throw me under the bus Gloria."

4ehBwBd.png
    "You took advantage of BOTH my girls?"
    "Yes...but in my defense, it was their idea and they were more than will--"
    "Don't say another word. I think you better leave Cale, before I do something I might regret. Get out of my house, now! I won't be responsible for my actions if you don't." Jules said in a low, rumbling, deadly calm, but terrifying voice as she started to growl.

XzdiQj9.png
    "Where is he supposed to go Mom? He doesn't have a home."
    "I think he could've left any time he wanted once you found him. You have somewhere else you can go, don't you Cale?"

"Yeah..." Cale admitted in a voice just above a whisper. "For what it's worth, I'm very sorry, and I'll make it up to you somehow, some day, I swear."
    "Just go Cale."

cHLuiYT.png
    Cale walked out of the house and halfway down the driveway before he stopped to try to 'talk' to L.
    "L.? Can you hear me?"
    "Yes, dear, how are you? Are you having fun?"
    "Well, I...was until we got caught."
    "Caught? Oh dear, Sweetie, did you get caught with your pants down?" L. asked in a playful voice.

xmGtSM3.png
    "Yeah, you could say that, except I wasn't wearing any pants."
    "HAHA! Oh Cale, I'm sorry you got caught dear. Should've been more careful."
    Cale could not believe what he was hearing. She laughed about it?
    "You're...not going to lecture me?"
    "Oh Honey, I'm not the Sage of Mischief Magic for nothing. I've been in similar situations in my youth. Ah, those were the days."
    "Okay, well, cool. I guess... Anyway, their Mom kicked me out. Can you transportalate me to Joel's house and let them know I'm coming? Please?"
    "Sure thing Honey, just be a moment, stand very still."
    "Thanks L., I owe you one, well two now."

Nzj3Myi.png
    *GASP* "Whoa!"

KW8q5Md.png
    *ZZZWHIP*
    @LegacySims2017
    hehe Well, no I don't see him planning a wedding, at least not yet. I think, if I'm not mistaken there is a photography aspiration that came with the Moschino stuff pack? Surprised y'all didn't know about it. But then, I don't think many Simmers on the forum follow Gurus or other Simmers on Twitter as much as I do. I'm always looking for more info. about the game. Love your idea for DJ. However, there's no way I could ever not do Forgotten Hollow, I love vampires too much and have plans already for that world. ;) Not sure yet which world I'll switch it out for, I was thinking perhaps Brindleton Bay. I love the world, but I don't really care for the gameplay with pets. However, the way it's scheduled now, it would only be a month before he (or they) would be elders, so might pick something else, or juggle the schedule around a bit.

@permanentrose
    Ah, okay, well glad I mentioned it then. I can't wait to find out more in the livestream on Friday! I'm getting it regardless though, I'm a sucker for romance and have been wishing for slow dancing since TS4 was released! I understand how some would want to wait though and get more details. :)

@SoulGal7
    You too? Yep, I got teared up as well, you know I'm a hopeful romantic so this pack is right up my alley, I can't wait for it! This just might get me to play more couples/families too. We'll see...

Oh man, I LOVE Dylan is BFFs with Wolfgang! So cool how he'll be a big part of your gameplay with Dylan this month, perhaps longer! Aww, so sweet Kaori showed up and you let them share a kiss. I used to do that too with Josh when he showed up. Even though he was supposed to be away with Adam singing. I couldn't help it, they loved each other so much, it was hard keeping them apart. Even before they could actually kiss or anything, they'd hang out and play video games together or chess, etc. :)

Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top