Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game that you have is better than The Sims 4?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    *eerie evil whisper*

The Sims and The Sims 2

sadly I can't play either of those since my computer doesn't have disc thingy :< and they won't put them on origin

A few years back they gave everyone the TS2 Ultimate Collection for free on Origin; it's a shame you missed out on that. That was the "end of life" giveaway for the game.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    *eerie evil whisper*

The Sims and The Sims 2

sadly I can't play either of those since my computer doesn't have disc thingy :< and they won't put them on origin

A few years back they gave everyone the TS2 Ultimate Collection for free on Origin; it's a shame you missed out on that. That was the "end of life" giveaway for the game.

Yeah I was having other life stuff then so I never noticed :disappointed: I don't understand why they couldn't just keep it on origin or at least do the promotion again for anniversary or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    *eerie evil whisper*

The Sims and The Sims 2

Funny but my lap top has the "disk thingy", but my games were loaded via the internet.
    texxx78 wrote: »

It depends on the pc. In mine 3 loads much faster than 4, even the starting loading screen (but also the vacation ones). Anyway 4 also loads fast and i don't complain of the several loading screens, cause they're all fast...

You either have TS3 installed on an SSD but not TS4, have almost no game packs or cc in TS3, or you are lying.

The load times for TS3 are so bad that they made a freaking minigame for the loading screen to keep us from getting bored. You don't do that unless it's a core problem with the game itself.

Be careful Stormkeep. Big brother and all!!!
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Video game? None. But then, I don't play a lot of video games. (Sims 4, Planet zoo... I started Persona 4, but my computer died and my laptop's video card is incompatible which is also why I didn't indulge in the Sims 3 sale to try that out.)

Other games? Well, I've played a large number of TTRPG's and generally prefer those over computer games, but which one is "better" depends mostly on the genre I'm playing. I'm fairly partial to 7th Sea, though. (Swashbuckling Fantasy in Faux Europe) And I'm not a fan of D&D.
    (Partially hype aversion, partially system incompatibility with my playstyle.)

I asked the question to see if of all the games that we have or play, where does TS4 rank among them. For me it's #1.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    While I dabble occasionally in other games, I always end up coming home to Sims 4 and Lord of the Rings Online. If I could get Sims 2 to work well on Windows 10 I would play that too. I plan to get the FF7 Remake for PC at some point when I have more free time. I also play some retro games like the Balder's Gate and Icewind Dale Series, Myst, various puzzle games, and, of course, Vampire the Masquerade and Bloodlines. I'd play VtM: Redemption too but I don't know if it will work on modern systems.

In truth, I actually prefer table top games with friends, both RPGs and boardgames, but that's been a bust with the pandemic.
    #Team Occult
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited February 2022

It depends on the pc. In mine 3 loads much faster than 4, even the starting loading screen (but also the vacation ones). Anyway 4 also loads fast and i don't complain of the several loading screens, cause they're all fast...

You either have TS3 installed on an SSD but not TS4, have almost no game packs or cc in TS3, or you are lying.

The load times for TS3 are so bad that they made a freaking minigame for the loading screen to keep us from getting bored. You don't do that unless it's a core problem with the game itself.
    I find comments like these hilarious.
    Anyway, I made a video a few months ago showing my load times and performance.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDTCzI_r38

But if your to lazy to watch, from pressing the play button in the launcher to actually playing is less than 2 minutes. The same can’t be said for TS4 on the other hand, at least for me.

And as to which game I like better than TS4, well I think 3 is, I mean what doesn’t it have? It has amazing graphics (with the help of mods and Reshade of course), endless possibilities with NO limitations. Oh, and cars.
  • kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member
    Personally I am torn between the sims and one other game - sometimes I prefer one - other times the other, but I can say that at least one of my sims has chosen between the two definitively....
    LwSEEnt.jpg
    FOR THE HORDE!!!!!
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
    edited February 2022
    @Astro, I completely believe your 2 minute load time, that's about the same as what it is for me, although the launcher itself also takes like a minute to load before that, if I use the launcher. I normally don't though.

But TS4 doesn't take anywhere close to that long for me. It's about a 15 second load time. So it sounds like the real difference is that TS4 loads a lot slower for some people, not that TS3 loads fast.

Also worth mentioning that both games load quite a bit slower the first time that I run them after a reboot of my PC. That has to do with how Windows 10 handles file management and caching, I believe.
    Astro wrote: »

I find comments like these hilarious.
    Anyway, I made a video a few months ago showing my load times and performance.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kTDTCzI_r38

But if your to lazy to watch, from pressing the play button in the launcher to actually playing is less than 2 minutes. The same can’t be said for TS4 on the other hand, at least for me.

And as to which game I like better than TS4, well I think 3 is, I mean what doesn’t it have? It has amazing graphics (with the help of mods and Reshade of course), endless possibilities with NO limitations. Oh, and cars.

I watched the whole 8:59 of the video and I liked it. It brought back memories of the cars. I loved the cars and the ability to drive them anywhere in the "world". Why did they take them out I don't know. Also, your girl needs some real hygiene lessons. lol. Pizza boxes and dishes all over her place. Can somebody say "maid service". But your point of 2min load time was on point. I guess some pc's have higher processing speed than others. Duh!!!
    @Astro, I completely believe your 2 minute load time, that's about the same as what it is for me, although the launcher itself also takes like a minute to load before that, if I use the launcher. I normally don't though.

But TS4 doesn't take anywhere close to that long for me. It's about a 15 second load time. So it sounds like the real difference is that TS4 loads a lot slower for some people, not that TS3 loads fast.

Lets just say that no matter how long it takes to load, we'll wait because we love the game.
    kirivian wrote: »
    Personally I am torn between the sims and one other game - sometimes I prefer one - other times the other, but I can say that at least one of my sims has chosen between the two definitively....
    LwSEEnt.jpg
    FOR THE HORDE!!!!!

Warcraft huh??? Amazing game I heard!!!
    bluedanube wrote: »
    IMVU.

It's times like this when I wish the 'LOL' button is still around.

Lol!!!
    edited February 2022
    I miss the LOL button too, but honestly they needed to add another button for "sarcastic LOL" so that one could make the distinction and then it opens the door for needing a "sardonic grin" for when laughter is a bit more than you wanted.
    Big brother doesn't like any reactions that aren't rainbows and bunnies though, though to be fair that is because so many members had paper-thin skin.

At least it's not like the old, old, old days where half of the people posting were, literally, begging for karma...or whatever it was called...i don't honestly remember what it was called, just that people would outright ask for you to give them the upvotes.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    There's no game that tops all for me really... Every game kinda fits its own category for whatever I'm in the mood for. Sims defiantly is my go-to casual game. The kinda game you can play with a cat on your lap! So for the casual game category that would have to be Sims 3. It takes some extra love to get it working right but it's always so worth it. Lately I've been taking a sims break and instead playing both World of Warcraft & Burning Crusade Classic. I raid twice a week with my guild in classic.

@Stormkeep Both collections on SSD can load pretty speedy around the same time without a massive hoard of mods to bog the game down. I've seen it myself :):star: Always turn that loading screen game off in settings to help boost load times for TS3. There are things you can do to keep up with save file bloat as well.
    @Simmingal USB optical drive is the answer. $25-$30 USD
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited February 2022
    TS4 is my favorite game on PC, mostly due to the fact that its the only game I play religiously on my pc. Everything else I play is on my consoles. But in general, I cant really say I have a favorite game over TS4, since I play a pretty wide assortment of games. Ive only just recently gotten back into TS4 since over the last 4 or 5 months there wasnt any new content I cared about, so in the meantime Ive been playing new games that I picked up during the holiday season. But with news of an actual pack on the horizon and one of my sims having grown up and is far too attractive for me to ignore, Ive been playing alot more now.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited February 2022
    There is no better game for me than Sims 4. It's the only game I never get bored with, because I can do whatever I want with the stories, I have freedom to choose which I don't have on other games that I play, they have limited options.
    I play several other games, but the other game that I've been playing a lot recently is Stardew Valley. I've played & loved it since it was released and I always play it in cycles until I get enough and then I won't touch it for months. Sims 4 never does it, I always want to play it, I don't take breaks on playing it like I do with other games.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I've played dozens of games over the years (still do), but Sims 4 is a departure from my usual kind of games. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I still play it at all after nearly three years. Maybe because I don't play it like a game so much as many players do. Instead, I find my fun in using it as a creative tool of sorts. Maybe it'll be a longtime companion beside some of my favorite go-to titles as the years go by, maybe not. That remains to be seen, but in the meantime, I'm good.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I've played dozens of games over the years (still do), but Sims 4 is a departure from my usual kind of games. In fact, I'm a little surprised that I still play it at all after nearly three years. Maybe because I don't play it like a game so much as many players do. Instead, I find my fun in using it as a creative tool of sorts. Maybe it'll be a longtime companion beside some of my favorite go-to titles as the years go by, maybe not. That remains to be seen, but in the meantime, I'm good.

VeeDub whazzup missed you during my "resting period" but you are right about this game being 4 years old and still at the top of games played by us gamers
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    There's no game that tops all for me really... Every game kinda fits its own category for whatever I'm in the mood for. Sims defiantly is my go-to casual game. The kinda game you can play with a cat on your lap! So for the casual game category that would have to be Sims 3. It takes some extra love to get it working right but it's always so worth it. Lately I've been taking a sims break and instead playing both World of Warcraft & Burning Crusade Classic. I raid twice a week with my guild in classic.

@Stormkeep Both collections on SSD can load pretty speedy around the same time without a massive hoard of mods to bog the game down. I've seen it myself :):star: Always turn that loading screen game off in settings to help boost load times for TS3. There are things you can do to keep up with save file bloat as well.
    @Simmingal USB optical drive is the answer. $25-$30 USD

"massive hoard of mods". Couldn't have said it better myself. You can feel the affect of them during the game itself. One way I can tell if I have too many mods is to watch the "plumbob" during loading. If it sputters a lot while it's spinning, I'll remove a mod or two to stop it from sputtering.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    There is no better game for me than Sims 4. It's the only game I never get bored with, because I can do whatever I want with the stories, I have freedom to choose which I don't have on other games that I play, they have limited options.
    I play several other games, but the other game that I've been playing a lot recently is Stardew Valley. I've played & loved it since it was released and I always play it in cycles until I get enough and then I won't touch it for months. Sims 4 never does it, I always want to play it, I don't take breaks on playing it like I do with other games.

Sometimes I get "Sim Brain" which is like Brain freeze from playing The Sims too much.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @Stormkeep My whole thing with loading times is, if I'm constantly sending my sims to different lots and have to see a 5-7 second loading screen it breaks immersion for me. I would love to only have a 2-3 second loading screen (which would be more bearable) but at the end of the day the hoods in TS4 are just to disjointed for me to fully enjoy.

Don't get me wrong, I've had my fun with TS4 in the past, and I really do love certain aspects of the game. It's just not for me, lol.

@Darstep0301 I hope you left me a 'like' on the video. :P

Yes, it really sucks that a game that came out in 2009 needs a decent (by today's standards) pc to make it run somewhat smoothly, I think it's worth is putting in the effort to make the game run well. I've probably put a few thousand fun-filled hours into this game, so I've more than got my money's and times worth from it.
    edited February 2022
    I hear you, @Astro, I'm a fan of TS3 as well. I think I still have more total hours played for it than TS4, seeing as I played it for it's entire lifespan before TS4 came out and still do play it on and off. I just don't think it's "better" but rather that it is "different"...so which is better all depends on what specifically one is focused on. I like some things about TS4 much better and some things about TS3 much better...and for that matter, some things about TS2 much better (I still play that sometimes too).
    I'd kill for a game that has the gameplay of TS2, with the graphics, Sims and performance (for me) of TS4 in the worlds of TS3.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I haven't touched Sims 4 in months, mostly because it doesn't hold my interest for long anymore. Kits are not enough to make me want to return to the game, and with no EPs for months...

Meanwhile, I have tons of games that I like as much, or more. Fallout 4, Stardew Valley, Persona, Assassin's Creed, sadly I have more games I want to play then free time to play them.

I still have interest in the Sims, and come to the forum once in a while to see if anything interesting is happening, but I do believe there are tons of other games out there, some are better in my opinion, some are just newer.