Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Admiral8Q, :lol: dam that google! You just spoiled it for me though...because I didn't know until you posted that. ;)

Is there even a secret lot there?
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    There's apparently a hidden collection, of different kinds of dog poop?
    Thanks @lunaoddity
    (from another thread, but I figured that OP wouldn't want to read my comment there, and I appreciated learning this thing that I did not know.)

(and now definitely need to have more of my sims get dogs.)
    gen3-banner.png

:lol: That was the same reaction I had when I read about that in the other thread. I had NO idea there was a dog poop collection and I have had that pack since the day it was released.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Thanks @lunaoddity
    (from another thread, but I figured that OP wouldn't want to read my comment there, and I appreciated learning this thing that I did not know.)

Stormkeep wrote: »

:lol: That was the same reaction I had when I read about that in the other thread. I had NO idea there was a dog poop collection and I have had that pack since the day it was released.

The more you know..? :lol:
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thanks @lunaoddity

I threw that comment off hand because I didn't know why the game needed different kinds of dog poop. :D

These are the official Cat and Dogs collectibles, according to the wiki page:

New Collectibles
    • Feathers
    • Plants
    • Catnip
    • Madnip
    • Napnip
    • Nuzzlenip

Edit: For context, this was my original comment in the other thread:

What I don't get is why they had to be so elaborate. I mean, was it really necessary to have rainbow poop and golden poop as well? I guess the devs have to make a collection out of everything.

I don't like when these piles randomly appear in my sims' inventory.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 123 Member
    I didn't know when you play an instrument outside in HOB the little birds fly and swirl around you, its so cute :love::bawling:
    Lecca wrote: »
    I didn't know when you play an instrument outside in HOB the little birds fly and swirl around you, its so cute :love::bawling:

It happens if you sing outside too, even if you aren't actually at their home singing to them. I love it; makes me feel like my sim is a Disney princess. :lol:
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    edited January 2022
    @lunaoddity oh well thanks for bursting my bubble... :D
    gen3-banner.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2022
    Noticed lazy sims just won't run or jog if they have to go a long way compared to other sims.

One I posted few years back, thought I'd mention it again. Squeamish sims can calm themselves down if you click on them to take deep breathes if they are very uncomfortable to alleviate the moodlets.
    SWdAUzu.png
    NqnAtcB.png
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    If you have C&D along with Island Living, cats will often sniff mermaid sims. :p

This is awesome! :D
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    I play with a Razer Mamba mouse that my son gave me. It lights up and changes colors. Today I thought the light in it had broke because it wasn't on but the mouse movements still worked fine. Then my sim woke up and the light on my mouse came back on too, but it still wasn't changing colors it was just white. So my sim walks downstairs and gets an uncomfortable moodlet and my mouse turned orange. He then walked down another floor and got some leftovers and after he ate his mood changed to inspired and my mouse changed to light blue. And that's when I realized that my mouse changes color to match the selected sims mood.
    I just thought that was really cool and I don't know if anyone else had mentioned that in the 367 pages before this. I just got back into the game after a few years break and I'm using a different mouse than I had last time so I don't know if it's always worked like that.

Completely done with EA

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yesterday I found out you can gift storage boxes (from University) filled with stuff (kind of good for mass transferring inventories from household to household).

In my case my sims mom passed and I wanted to divide her inventory up between her two kids. So I put a bunch of her stuff in the storage box and gifted it to one of the sims.

NcdEtzm.png

And when I loaded in the other sims house, all the stuff was in the box! :o

oXcs4Po.png

Doesn't work after all :( - can't take the stuff from the box once transferred LOL dang it
    Post edited by xoJessi on
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Just discovered a small sim accessible area across the street from Oasis Springs Park. During the many visits my sims have made to that park it never occurred to me to look across the street to where the crosswalk led to.
    The cake is a lie
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    GemSixx wrote: »
    I play with a Razer Mamba mouse that my son gave me. It lights up and changes colors. Today I thought the light in it had broke because it wasn't on but the mouse movements still worked fine. Then my sim woke up and the light on my mouse came back on too, but it still wasn't changing colors it was just white. So my sim walks downstairs and gets an uncomfortable moodlet and my mouse turned orange. He then walked down another floor and got some leftovers and after he ate his mood changed to inspired and my mouse changed to light blue. And that's when I realized that my mouse changes color to match the selected sims mood.
    I just thought that was really cool and I don't know if anyone else had mentioned that in the 367 pages before this. I just got back into the game after a few years break and I'm using a different mouse than I had last time so I don't know if it's always worked like that.

That sounds so cool! I use a wireless Bluetooth mouse, maybe if it ever stops working I could look into getting a cool light-up one…
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    GemSixx wrote: »

That sounds so cool! I use a wireless Bluetooth mouse, maybe if it ever stops working I could look into getting a cool light-up one…

I mentioned it to my son and he told me that if I had a keyboard that changed colors, it would probably work the same way.

Completely done with EA

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I didn't know you could turn any world into a vacation world by adding a retail lot to them. I just realized that today when I read the note on the screen. I thought only the developers had done that and made Henford & Bagley and Komorebi a vacation world. Next time I play, I plan to expand my vacation spots in the game
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    That would explain why Bella was abducted and sent to Strangetown while Dina Caliente seduced Mortimer.
    @Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Did you guys know about this about the Caliente sisters (Sims 2 Vets in particular)?

I'm shook

• TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    01-29-22_8-37-55%C2%A0PM.png?raw=1

Chickens WooHoo!
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I've been playing with this lovely apartment lot by CatSaar that includes a gym with TVs over the treadmills. I've put them above treadmills before as decoration but it wasn't until today that I saw my Sim autonomously watching tv while running and I realized it was possible.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know that singing raises fun level and it doesn't cost a thing and you can do it any time. And if they like singing even better.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    @TeeSea Of course they woohoo. How else would you get chicks :D
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @TeeSea Of course they woohoo. How else would you get chicks :D

:D:D:D
    Sort of...
    HkLktOu.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I think you are thinking of fish not hens & roosters @Admiral8Q LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I only just realised there are different rewards for different tininess of buildings in Tiny Living. I always assumed '32 tiles for this tier' was giving me advice on building a 3-storey house.

I like that pack more now.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    That's way too funny @Admiral8Q. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top