Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game that you have is better than The Sims 4?

If you are reading this thread, then the answer is probably none. For myself I am a Trekkie. I loved Star Trek Next Generation on T.V. And I have on my pc Star Trek Online where I can be Kirk, Picard, Sisko, or even Janeway and search the galaxies and beyond. I have Civilization 5 and 6 where I can be Shaka Zulu and defeat the computer's A.I. on "emperor" level which ain't easy. Those are my top favorite games to play other than The Sims 4. But I've played them maybe once or twice in the last month or two. The rest of the time it's The Sims 4. I fall asleep playing it. But it's never boring. The Sims 4 is so addictive that I might start another game up to play, and as soon as it's ready to go, I'll exit it and load The Sims 4. What is it about this game that makes other games obsolete? Hmmm!!!

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This question is like a sin. There is nothing better than the sims 4 lol 😂😂😂
    But the only game I have ever loved almost as much was the final fantasy series (I started with FFX but have went back and play some older ones)
    And the shadow hearts series. Playing ff7remake now. My first non sims game in literally years lol
    Since I never had a chance to play the old one this is new to me and everything is so beautiful and fascinating, story and characters are lovely. Shadow hearts was a priceless gem💎

However, what makes the sims so special for me is that it has something no other game offers, something I wanted since I first started playing games as a child. ABSOLUTE FREEDOM.💛
    What if I don't want quests and goals and challenges and rules or linear stories? It was the first game I played and discovered I could just live life while doing whatever the heck I want to do and getting the characters I wanted to be together or the chaos i wanted to cause, not stuck in the linear story of a video game.
    Everything in addition to that makes sims anazing like the way packs expand the game, ability to use mods and cc easily, all of the options and interections etc.
    But my number one attraction is freedom.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    It's another Sims game of course. The beast of a game is called the Sims 3. It has my heart and has come for soul many times. It's dated, it can be clunky, and the bugs will get ya when you least expect it. But I cannot stay from the university play, the super naturals, the houseboats, the unexpected meteor, the future, and being able to create my own worlds. I play the sims 3 and the sims 4 very differently. But the sims 4 calls my name especially when I am short on time (it loads faster).
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    If I measure how good I think a game is by how much I have played it, I thought Marvel Heroes was better...until they shut the servers down. It was online-only so I guess it doesn't count seeing as I can't play it anymore.

I also have liked Planet Zoo more overall, but not at the moment.

Rimworld and Ark: Survival Evolved also came really close (looking at hours played).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    This question is like a sin. There is nothing better than the sims 4 lol 😂😂😂
    But the only game I have ever loved almost as much was the final fantasy series (I started with FFX but have went back and play some older ones)
    And the shadow hearts series. Playing ff7remake now. My first non sims game in literally years lol
    Since I never had a chance to play the old one this is new to me and everything is so beautiful and fascinating, story and characters are lovely. Shadow hearts was a priceless gem💎

However, what makes the sims so special for me is that it has something no other game offers, something I wanted since I first started playing games as a child. ABSOLUTE FREEDOM.💛
    What if I don't want quests and goals and challenges and rules or linear stories? It was the first game I played and discovered I could just live life while doing whatever the heck I want to do and getting the characters I wanted to be together or the chaos i wanted to cause, not stuck in the linear story of a video game.
    Everything in addition to that makes sims anazing like the way packs expand the game, ability to use mods and cc easily, all of the options and interections etc.
    But my number one attraction is freedom.

Freedom. I like that word. I liked the Sims at first bc it is "open ended" or as you say no linear story line, which by the way makes the Sims attractive to me. There is no one or best way to play it.
    It's another Sims game of course. The beast of a game is called the Sims 3. It has my heart and has come for soul many times. It's dated, it can be clunky, and the bugs will get ya when you least expect it. But I cannot stay from the university play, the super naturals, the houseboats, the unexpected meteor, the future, and being able to create my own worlds. I play the sims 3 and the sims 4 very differently. But the sims 4 calls my name especially when I am short on time (it loads faster).
    Didn't know it loads faster. Lol Been such a long time since I played it.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    For me, there is no better game than TS4. I love the sweet look of TS2 Sims, but TS4 is the only game that pulls me in the way TS4 does.

Sometimes when I'm completely brain dead, I take a break and play an easy/casual time-management game, but I would never say that one of those is better than TS4. They just serve different purposes. And in the end, I would always say that TS4 is the best.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If I measure how good I think a game is by how much I have played it, I thought Marvel Heroes was better...until they shut the servers down. It was online-only so I guess it doesn't count seeing as I can't play it anymore.

I also have liked Planet Zoo more overall, but not at the moment.

Rimworld and Ark: Survival Evolved also came really close (looking at hours played).

No matter what game I play, none compares or has the replay ability of the sims series to me. Did I waste money on the other games? Hmmm!!!
    edited February 2022

I still play TS3 on occassion, and TS4 loads like 100 times faster. If I added the time for loading the game + every loading screen when I visit other lots up for a single TS4 play session it would still be less total time then just loading the game for TS3.

I'm fairly certain that is the reason we don't have "open worlds" and "CASt"/Color Wheel in TS4. The realized just how off-putting that kind of load time is for most players. That and the performance issues they caused even after the game was loaded.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    The Sims 2 and 3 are both better games quality wise, sadly both are a bit dated when it comes to the visuals.

No hate meant on the Sims 4, I also like it, it's just that it's still missing a lot for a seven year old game and I can't enjoy it without mods.
    Rouensims wrote: »
    For me, there is no better game than TS4. I love the sweet look of TS2 Sims, but TS4 is the only game that pulls me in the way TS4 does.

Sometimes when I'm completely brain dead, I take a break and play an easy/casual time-management game, but I would never say that one of those is better than TS4. They just serve different purposes. And in the end, I would always say that TS4 is the best.

I've played video games since Mario Bros. and the Sims takes the prize for replay ability.

I still play TS3 on occassion, and TS4 loads like 100 times faster. If I added the time for loading the game + every loading screen when I visit other lots up for a single TS4 play session it would still be less total time then just loading the game for TS3.

I'm fairly certain that is the reason we don't have "open worlds" and "CASt"/Color Wheel in TS4. The realized just how off-putting that kind of load time is for most players. That and the performance issues they caused even after the game was loaded.

Was it TS3 that had the cars? And the neighbors that went to work? What happened to that? Maybe that is why TS4 loads faster. Those attributes from TS3 are missing. Hmmm!!!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    Like a life simulation game? Sims 2/Sims 3, I guess? But I still love Sims 4 a lot, so hard to choose, hehe.

For something that is similar, but has more characterization and less customization, then I would say Rune Factory 4 and the Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon games. I also played some action-adventure games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, God of War, etc, and action-rpgs like Morrowind/Skyrim and MMOs like FF14 and ESO. I also play hidden object/casual games and point-and-click games.

I also love story-choice games like Detroit: Become Human and Until Dawn, and some types of visual novel stuff like some otome games, etc.

Sims games are still at the top of my most favorite of all time because of the customization and fun simulation aspects. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Like a life simulation game? Sims 2/Sims 3, I guess? But I still love Sims 4 a lot, so hard to choose, hehe.

For something that is similar, but has more characterization and less customization, then I would say Rune Factory 4 and the Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon games. I also played some action-adventure games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, God of War, etc, and action-rpgs like Morrowind/Skyrim and MMOs like FF14 and ESO. I also play hidden object/casual games and point-and-click games.

I also love story-choice games like Detroit: Become Human and Until Dawn, and some types of visual novel stuff like some otome games, etc.

I can't seem to play anything else for any length of time.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2022
    Sims 4 is not in the same genre of the games I play as it is different and to be honest, I do not play the game no more for various reasons, but I do access this forum to keep up. Can't compare Sims 4 to a game like Halo infinity which I do enjoy as of lately. But all said it is a matter of subjectivity as well as of opinion. :) However, even as problematic it was for some players, Sims 2 and Sims 3 would be the better game for me as it has many more features that for its time was fun and allowed my creativity to expand much more than Sims 4 ever could and it is older than Sims 4, as far as Sims 4 is supposed to run w/o performance issues, that can be subjective even w/o the features I once possessed in Sims 2 and 3. Now being I am in modern times and an time when technology is at its greatest and more can be done with less. Sims 4 for me is less filling and EA/Maxis are scared to think outside the box and at least try a demo on past features to see if they can do it. But theu do not tweak in a timely period, so that would be a pipe dream.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Sims 4 is not in the same genre of the games I play as it is different and to be honest, I do not play the game no more for various reasons, but I do access this forum to keep up. Can't compare Sims 4 to a game like Halo infinity which I do enjoy as of lately. But all said it is a matter of subjectivity as well as of opinion. :)
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Sims 4 is not in the same genre of the games I play as it is different and to be honest, I do not play the game no more for various reasons, but I do access this forum to keep up. Can't compare Sims 4 to a game like Halo infinity which I do enjoy as of lately. But all said it is a matter of subjectivity as well as of opinion. :)

Imagine traveling the galaxy in a cruiser starship and battling Klingons, Romulans, The Borg, Orions, or Cardassians on over a thousand planets. Or for me, taking Shaka Zulu and fighting his tribe of Impi warriors against medieval era England with her long bow, or France with Napolean at the lead. 2 different genres with out doubt from the Sims 4. But the comparison if you will, comes in the replay ability for me. I love those games. I just love the Sims 4 10 times more.
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    I mean, idk about better lol :D But I do play a handful of games. Magic the Gathering Arena, Red Dead Redemption 2, Two Point Hospital, Old Republic...Def a bunch of different games lol ;)
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    What game is better than TS4?? Uh...The Sims 2 and 3....
    SimCrazy wrote: »
    What game is better than TS4?? Uh...The Sims 2 and 3....

Yeah!!! Right!!! lol
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

It depends on the pc. In mine 3 loads much faster than 4, even the starting loading screen (but also the vacation ones). Anyway 4 also loads fast and i don't complain of the several loading screens, cause they're all fast...
    edited February 2022
    Nowadays i don't play any other games besides the ones in the sims franchise (2, 3 and 4). But the very first game that got me completely hooked was School Daze and it's successor Back to School. Such a simple and small game but i was crazy about it 😅 ERIC, 1000 LINES!!
    edited February 2022
    texxx78 wrote: »

It depends on the pc. In mine 3 loads much faster than 4, even the starting loading screen (but also the vacation ones). Anyway 4 also loads fast and i don't complain of the several loading screens, cause they're all fast...

You either have TS3 installed on an SSD but not TS4, have almost no game packs or cc in TS3, or you are lying.

The load times for TS3 are so bad that they made a freaking minigame for the loading screen to keep us from getting bored. You don't do that unless it's a core problem with the game itself.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Video game? None. But then, I don't play a lot of video games. (Sims 4, Planet zoo... I started Persona 4, but my computer died and my laptop's video card is incompatible which is also why I didn't indulge in the Sims 3 sale to try that out.)

Other games? Well, I've played a large number of TTRPG's and generally prefer those over computer games, but which one is "better" depends mostly on the genre I'm playing. I'm fairly partial to 7th Sea, though. (Swashbuckling Fantasy in Faux Europe) And I'm not a fan of D&D.
    (Partially hype aversion, partially system incompatibility with my playstyle.)

You either have TS3 installed on an SSD but not TS4, have almost no game packs or cc in TS3, or you are lying.

The load times for TS3 are so bad that they made a freaking minigame for the loading screen to keep us from getting bored. You don't do that unless it's a core problem with the game itself.

Wow what an answer! I have 2, 3 and 4 installed in the exact same pc (yeah it has a ssd drive the same for all)! Wow it doesn't take one hour in the official forums to get such an answer. Yes, 3 loads faster in my pc but not only in mine, several people has the same experience than me! As i said, it depends on the pc! Just because your loading times are so bad it doesn't make everyone a lier for god sake. I have had a terrible experience with 3 some years ago in my old pc. Now i have a great experience! God!

Wow what an answer! I have 2, 3 and 4 installed in the exact same pc (yeah it has a ssd drive the same for all)! Wow it doesn't take one hour in the official forums to get such an answer. Yes, 3 loads faster in my pc but not only in mine, several people has the same experience than me! As i said, it depends on the pc! Just because your loading times are so bad it doesn't make everyone a lier for god sake. I have had a terrible experience with 3 some years ago in my old pc. Now i have a great experience! God!

ETA i have all the packs and almost all the store in 3!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2022
    *eerie evil whisper*

The Sims and The Sims 2

sadly I can't play either of those since my computer doesn't have disc thingy :< and they won't put them on origin

I love TS4 but I still just miss the vibes from older games and the most silly things in them

and outside of sims and its spinoffs I tbh don't really play much games

I just can't really find any interesting ones cause i always feel annoyed by the " be a hero kill creatures" nonsense or then its like too farmville to point of zzzzz why am i even playing

oh or the third type : look for random items and take them to random characters game yeah no thats not it either life has enough object hunting without doing it virtually
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free