Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has this always been a thing???

So after building my new lot and adding the shoe rack (which comes standard in all of my lots for ambience) I clicked on the rack. I don't know why I did but I did. To my surprise, it has options!!! They are:

1 Allow Shoes Indoors (default option)
2 Wear Slippers Indoors
3 Remove Shoes Indoors (my preferred)

There are also moodlets associated with it if you choose 3 (don't know about 2 and don't think so with 1)

So have those options always been there and I've just missed them or are they new?

As I said every lot I build, download or just move into gets a shoe rack so I've always had them but missed this!

My main is a doctor so I promptly went to work, edited the lot to add the shoe rack and now every patient that comes in kicks off their shoes. LOL

For giggles, I also added the clothing optional trait to the hospital. However, everyone seems to draw the line ar shoes. Buuuut, I can then change to nude when treating adult patients and get a buff from being in the buff! This makes my mood better while working and can offset negative moodlets.

So did you know about this?
How long has it been there?
What things have you recently been pleasantly surprised to learn?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options to remove shoes and/or change to slippers indoors were added with the Snowy Escape pack near the end of 2020, that's when the base game shoe racks got the change to add those options as well (if you own the pack). So the answer for you is that it changed whenever you got Snowy Escape.

As for something I recently was pleasantly surprised to learn...that just happened to me yesterday and for the life of me I cannot remember what it even was. Gawd, getting old sucks.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I'm pretty sure that's not in my game, so my guess would be that it came with a pack? I'll have to check though and give it a try. It would be awesome if it is in my game, I'd love that feature.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    I've had snowy escape for about three or four months but never bothered to click the shoe rack after getting it since I'm sure I've at least click on it by accident at some point beforehand and never noticed it.
    Something else that I've recently discovered is the importance of earbuds! When you click on your Sim, you have an earbuds option (provided that you purchased a pair from the computer). Clicking on the earbuds allows you to listen to, turn on or place them in the world. TURNIN ON the earbuds allows you to do anything else while also slowly getting your happiness level to increase. The only exception that I've found to this is sleeping as a teen or older BUT if you click on their inventory while they sleep, you can turn them on and get the above benefit.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think there is also a sign too for those who don't want the rack. So that sims automatically take their shoes off before entering.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Options to remove shoes and/or change to slippers indoors were added with the Snowy Escape pack near the end of 2020, that's when the base game shoe racks got the change to add those options as well (if you own the pack). So the answer for you is that it changed whenever you got Snowy Escape.

As for something I recently was pleasantly surprised to learn...that just happened to me yesterday and for the life of me I cannot remember what it even was. Gawd, getting old sucks.

Wow, I didn't know you could do it with the base game shoe racks. I must try that.

EDIT - it didn't work so I guess it only functions if you own Snowy Escape.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Wow, I didn't know you could do it with the base game shoe racks. I must try that.

Correct, you need Snowy Escape for the base game shoe rack to give those options. That's why I had the parenthetical (if you own the pack) in my reply. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,869 Member
    Yep, the shoe options are in Snowy Escape, and the earbuds are in Fitness Stuff I think.

Earbuds are a game changer. The only thing that I've noticed is that the Cottagecore is massively broken. If you turn it on, it's garbled and stuck in a particular spot on the lot. This doesn't ever go away either unless you completely turn off your game and restart. I don't know if the same happens if you choose listen to or not though. But I'm afraid to try it.

Furthermore, even if you switch stations, they try to play over the cottagecore so it only makes it worse
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    I didn't know Snowy Escape added this! Wow, I gotta tell my sister this!
    Earbuds are a game changer. The only thing that I've noticed is that the Cottagecore is massively broken. If you turn it on, it's garbled and stuck in a particular spot on the lot. This doesn't ever go away either unless you completely turn off your game and restart. I don't know if the same happens if you choose listen to or not though. But I'm afraid to try it.

Furthermore, even if you switch stations, they try to play over the cottagecore so it only makes it worse

Yeah, one of my sisters tried on the earbuds one of her sims and put on Cottagecore, and it was disturbing that the music was static-y and weird and just would not stop. We ended up quitting the game and then deleting the earbuds because we assumed the whole earbud thing was broken.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    No it's just cottagecore. I would strongly suggest getting them for all of your sims. Just don't click that one.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    So after building my new lot and adding the shoe rack (which comes standard in all of my lots for ambience) I clicked on the rack. I don't know why I did but I did. To my surprise, it has options!!! They are:

1 Allow Shoes Indoors (default option)
    2 Wear Slippers Indoors
    3 Remove Shoes Indoors (my preferred)

There are also moodlets associated with it if you choose 3 (don't know about 2 and don't think so with 1)

So have those options always been there and I've just missed them or are they new?

As I said every lot I build, download or just move into gets a shoe rack so I've always had them but missed this!

My main is a doctor so I promptly went to work, edited the lot to add the shoe rack and now every patient that comes in kicks off their shoes. LOL

For giggles, I also added the clothing optional trait to the hospital. However, everyone seems to draw the line ar shoes. Buuuut, I can then change to nude when treating adult patients and get a buff from being in the buff! This makes my mood better while working and can offset negative moodlets.

So did you know about this?
    How long has it been there?
    What things have you recently been pleasantly surprised to learn?

Snowy Escape has a picture called "Taming of the shoe" that causes sims to remove their shoes when entering a home that has it. But a shoe rack. I'm going now to see for myself. lol

Correct, you need Snowy Escape for the base game shoe rack to give those options. That's why I had the parenthetical (if you own the pack) in my reply. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

So Snowy Escape is good for something after all. Hmmm!!!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No it's just cottagecore. I would strongly suggest getting them for all of your sims. Just don't click that one.

Ah, thanks for letting me know! 🤗👍 I’ll be sure to let my sister know so she can use earbuds for other music, then.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)

Snowy escape is awesome! What is not good about it? My sim family of six take mini-vacations there every weekend. I neglected since I bought it until Bobby married Kiyoshi and found out he's an adrenaline junkie who loves snowboarding. Now the whole family does.

Ah, thanks for letting me know! 🤗👍 I’ll be sure to let my sister know so she can use earbuds for other music, then.

Yes it definitely helps with mood management, even when they're sleeping. Just remember to check your sims from time to time in case they turn theirs off. Also, when your teen and older sims go to bed, they'll turn them off. If you catch it while they're literally en route to bed, even to woo-hoo, you can click directly on them to turn them back on, otherwise just go to the sleeping sim's inventory and click the buds that way. Make sure you click "turn on" and not "listen to" since that's an activity they have to launch.

Snowy escape is awesome! What is not good about it? My sim family of six take mini-vacations there every weekend. I neglected since I bought it until Bobby married Kiyoshi and found out he's an adrenaline junkie who loves snowboarding. Now the whole family does.

When I buy the packs, I buy them with the idea that I'm going to play it as if it were the base game . Ergo, I bought City Living and lived in the city as a result of having the pack. The same goes for Cats and Dogs. I lived in the world that came with it and got a dog. Mind you that we can still have pets in any world, I'll initially check out the world that comes with the pack before moving on. I believe that I've given my reasons for not liking Snowy Escape so I won't go there.

When I buy the packs, I buy them with the idea that I'm going to play it as if it were the base game . Ergo, I bought City Living and lived in the city as a result of having the pack. The same goes for Cats and Dogs. I lived in the world that came with it and got a dog. Mind you that we can still have pets in any world, I'll initially check out the world that comes with the pack before moving on. I believe that I've given my reasons for not liking Snowy Escape so I won't go there.

That's interesting. I guess I play differently. I've never lived in most of my worlds but I visit them sometimes.